PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Finals LeBron/Durant Highlights.

Suguru101
12-06-2014, 11:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiBYnHiS_xU

This is a 40 minute highlight of the best plays from LeBron and Durant in that series.

Durant was really smooth and quick offensively. Didn't force many shots, took the right ones without holding on to the ball too much. His athleticism was off the charts that year.

LeBron was a goddamn monster in that series. I have never seen a combination of speed, strength and jumping ability as i saw from LeBron in 2012. He was excellent around the rim and he didn't settle much for jumpers.

All in all, really enjoyable video with two All Time-Greats playing at a really high level. :cheers:

navy
12-06-2014, 11:50 PM
Where?

Suguru101
12-06-2014, 11:57 PM
Wow, can't believe that happened. :oldlol:

KDthunderup
12-07-2014, 12:03 AM
Bran's roid game was off the charts that season

VengefulAngel
12-07-2014, 08:02 AM
God Lebron's shooting in traffic in this series was immense, and Durant is literally unguardable. Lebron and Batttier defended him perfectly on some of these play's and still made the shot.

Suguru101
12-07-2014, 11:18 AM
God Lebron's shooting in traffic in this series was immense, and Durant is literally unguardable. Lebron and Batttier defended him perfectly on some of these play's and still made the shot.

Yes. Durant had a hand in his face or a body crowding him on some of the shots and he still scored easily. That series is when I realized he wasn't just another Hall of Famer.

LeBron made shots with Ibaka and Perkins protecting the paint, and it looked like they didn't affect him much if at all. He was truly at his peak.

ArbitraryWater
12-07-2014, 11:34 AM
Great Video.. Wanted to watch it for ages but always saved it somewhere, now I finally did..

Man, LeBron was a big boy down there. Hit like 5 Jumpers all series, everything at the rim...

Durant was a beast in those first 2 games at home, both times hit like 15+ in the 4th.

BuffaloBill
12-07-2014, 11:46 AM
Only watched like the first 5 minutes. But yeah, good stuff. Still the top two players in the league.

G0ATbe
12-07-2014, 11:51 AM
Durant shat on everyone:applause: . Westbrook was pretty damn good in that one game where he dropped like 40 on LeBald. It's a shame Stern had already plotted who would win the series at that point... Durant would have more rings than LeBald right now.

And 0-5

Lebronxrings
12-07-2014, 12:12 PM
durant the professional stat padder :applause:

Suguru101
12-07-2014, 12:13 PM
Great Video.. Wanted to watch it for ages but always saved it somewhere, now I finally did..

Man, LeBron was a big boy down there. Hit like 5 Jumpers all series, everything at the rim...

Durant was a beast in those first 2 games at home, both times hit like 15+ in the 4th.

I remember he was like 6 for 29 or something from outside the paint the whole series. Still averaged 28.6 points. :oldlol:

Just ridiculous.

Durant had back to back 18 point 4th quarters i think. Also ridiculous.

Man, i really want to see LeBron vs Durant in the Finals again, would be hugely entertaining.

But the 2012 Finals was Masterpiece Theater. Just exhilarating to watch. Can't remember a Finals with 4 players as explosive/skilled as Durant/Westbrook and LeBron/Wade going at it.

russwest0
12-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Sad to see Durant's great efforts ruined by a Harden choke and the refs calling everything in Miami's favor.

Suguru101
12-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Sad to see Durant's great efforts ruined by a Harden choke and the refs calling everything in Miami's favor.

It's been almost 3 years man.

Durant was great, but LeBron was at his peak and was a better player.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/456b9d4997e1cd46244756d2a01599fe/tumblr_inline_mzzbbeLtGh1qct143.gif

russwest0
12-07-2014, 01:46 PM
It's been almost 3 years man.

Durant was great, but LeBron was at his peak and was a better player.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/456b9d4997e1cd46244756d2a01599fe/tumblr_inline_mzzbbeLtGh1qct143.gif

What were Durant's stats from that series? Something like 32 PPG on an insane TS%? And he was in foul trouble for like 3 straight games on total horse shit calls that you yourself can easily rewatch on youtube?

...And why the f*ck would you post a "let it go" gif in a thread about that series? :oldlol:

navy
12-07-2014, 01:49 PM
Bruh, Lebron was at the rim so much. Crazy how few jumpers he made. Great passing and rebounding. Complete game. Had no bad games that entire playoffs I think. Maybe 1.

Durant was on fire. Nothing to be done to defend him. However that is part of OKCs problem in that series. Durant scored in every game. Westbrook scored in most games. Everyone else just shat the bed or stood around and watched.

Suguru101
12-07-2014, 01:53 PM
What were Durant's stats from that series? Something like 32 PPG on an insane TS%? And he was in foul trouble for like 3 straight games on total horse shit calls that you yourself can easily rewatch on youtube?

...And why the f*ck would you post a "let it go" gif in a thread about that series? :oldlol:

31-6-2

vs

29-10-7

Durant was great at scoring, but LeBron was just a better all-around player. They weren't horse shit, they were dumb fouls that Durant shouldn't have put himself in the position to commit. He was young, so he didn't know better.

Because while some people here are acknowledging that both were amazing players and were awesome in the series, you come in and just whine about calls 3 years later. Let it go man.

But whatever.

dunksby
12-07-2014, 01:54 PM
The stars played as you would expect them to but OKC role players didn't show up while Miamis's stepped it up.

J Shuttlesworth
12-07-2014, 01:56 PM
Damn 43 minutes. Sick. Gonna watch this after breakfast and a bowl

russwest0
12-07-2014, 01:57 PM
"The calls weren't horse shit"

Wade going to the FT line on layups where he was untouched.
Westbrook setting a record for most points scored on lowest FTA.
Durant getting in foul trouble and sent to the bench from a jab step where he touched... no one.
Harden getting a foul called on him for flopping near LeBron and touching... no one. In the close moments of game 3 at the very end nonetheless...

LeBron fouling Durant on the most crucial basket of game 2 with an official inches away.... no call.

But sure, keep telling yourself whatever it is you have to in order to get by.

That series was 2v8 to anyone rational watching it.

Suguru101
12-07-2014, 02:01 PM

Durant getting in foul trouble and sent to the bench from a jab step where he touched... no one.
Harden getting a foul called on him for flopping near LeBron and touching... no one. In the close moments of game 3 at the very end nonetheless...

LeBron fouling Durant on the most crucial basket of game 2 with an official inches away.... no call.

If it helps you sleep better, keep on holding on to those, man.

I hope some day it doesn't hurt as much and you finally
http://static.tumblr.com/3554182b5a8f3534ccf4bd3ace76e84e/g2v3rts/j0gn0am0t/tumblr_static_elsa_cape.gif

russwest0
12-07-2014, 02:04 PM
so after getting exposed you retort with a dumbass post like that...?

:lol

about what I expected from a clown like you.

Prometheus
12-07-2014, 02:22 PM

That series was 2v8 to anyone rational watching it.

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/52/522fc14148426f458e432ca3b8ae67591724d2746234c935be 41ae7ee7814c8c.jpg