PDA

View Full Version : Did the Wolves really reject the warriors offer for Love?

ronnymac
12-07-2014, 01:01 AM
Klay Thompson and Lee offer? what was Saunders thinking?

no pun intended
12-07-2014, 01:02 AM
In retrospect, yes it was shitty. But let's be real, we didn't think Thompson would play like this.

christian1923
12-07-2014, 01:05 AM
In retrospect, yes it was shitty. But let's be real, we didn't think Thompson would play like this.
YOU didn't think that

ronnymac
12-07-2014, 01:05 AM
Thompson was already a stud last season .you had to able to see he would be special

waseem780
12-07-2014, 01:06 AM
If Rubio and Pek still got injured , and lets assume Martin stays healthy due to less minutes as a 6th man?? Idk , anyways this team without Rubio is not a playoff team in the west even with Klay and Lee. If Rubio is healthy then we are contending with Phoenix for the 8th and thats it.

ronnymac
12-07-2014, 01:11 AM
Petkovich aka zangiff from street fighter
Lee
?
Thompson
Rubio

that is a solid team.

Milbuck
12-07-2014, 01:14 AM
I did..I mean, the dude was 23 last season. No way his game was gonna plateau that early. His progression is similar to Jimmy Butler's in that he hasn't made any drastic changes to his game, but he's refined all the little things to a point where the overall change in level itself seems huge. I think he's on a pretty natural path of development, and he's got another level we haven't seen imo.

navy
12-07-2014, 01:17 AM
Wiggins is the next Lebron. lol

Hopper15
12-07-2014, 01:21 AM
Yep.

Never understood the Andrew Wiggins hype. He's an athletic wing with weak ball handling skills.

MiseryCityTexas
12-07-2014, 01:51 AM

The potential to be good was always there in previous years prior to this one though. You eventually knew that that with his style of play that he was gonna have a breakout season.

qrich
12-07-2014, 04:59 AM
They sent Love out of the Western Conference.

Acquired young guys that are still on their rookie deals, without giving up a max.

Easily the Wolves mindset.

el gringos
12-07-2014, 11:01 AM
I thought the thing that kept love from going to sg was that the warriors would NOT include Klay?

DamnMixes
12-07-2014, 11:17 AM
And what would it have changed? Turned the team into playoff contenders? Klay would leave the wolves any given moment, he even stated he didn't like the idea of playing in minny. Imagine going from contender to a bottom conference team. This would have been another kevin love fukkery.

Klay is in the great situation, not sure if he would look as good as that or even better in minny. He has players to cover some of his defensive mistakes. In Minny almost no one plays defense.

I don't believe much in those trading klay rumors either.

They really got a nice deal in Wiggins and Bennett. It will take a few years to see all capabilities of this guy. The west is so strong that really the only way for minny is growing their young talent. Which means in some years we wouldn't see Lee if that trade happened, there will be no Kevin Martin and I wouldn't be surprised seeing Pekovic go later.

It's a mediocre team in a cold weather city in a conference were mediocre teams have no chance at the playoffs. Nobody wants to play there.

LoneyROY7
12-07-2014, 11:20 AM
To those of you writing off Wiggins a quarter of the way into his first season...

:roll: :roll: :roll:

el gringos
12-07-2014, 11:25 AM
And what would it have changed? Turned the team into playoff contenders? Klay would leave the wolves any given moment, he even stated he didn't like the idea of playing in minny. Imagine going from contender to a bottom conference team. This would have been another kevin love fukkery.

Klay is in the great situation, not sure if he would look as good as that or even better in minny. He has players to cover some of his defensive mistakes. In Minny almost no one plays defense.

I don't believe much in those trading klay rumors either.

They really got a nice deal in Wiggins and Bennett. It will take a few years to see all capabilities of this guy. The west is so strong that really the only way for minny is growing their young talent. Which means in some years we wouldn't see Lee if that trade happened, there will be no Kevin Martin and I wouldn't be surprised seeing Pekovic go later.

It's a mediocre team in a cold weather city in a conference were mediocre teams have no chance at the playoffs. Nobody wants to play there.
What does best city to live in have to do w anything?

Vancouver-team left
Sea Washington ^^^^
Denver- hasn't signed a big fa ever
Salt Lake City- ^^^
Portland^^^

DamnMixes
12-07-2014, 11:29 AM
To those of you writing off Wiggins a quarter of the way into his first season...

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Yeah, and this bullshit is spreading everywhere.

People imagined as if these guys will have the sudden impact like the 03 draft superstars had. Even last year's ncaa season showed us that some players were too raw. People believe in every hype.

You may even find some bashing Jabari for his stats even though the guy is doing right now absolutely great unselfish job. The fan logic....

Wiggins may as well become a better player than Klay in some years.

iamgine
12-07-2014, 12:09 PM
Even now Wiggins still seems like the better deal. Klay won't lead them anywhere. At least with Wiggins they might have a chance if he pans out.

Lebron and Durant in their rookie years were pretty terrible too.

kurple
12-07-2014, 12:12 PM
rubio and klay would be freakin amazing together

WesWelkerACL
12-07-2014, 12:45 PM
I thought the thing that kept love from going to sg was that the warriors would NOT include Klay?

This is correct. Kerr and West were against it.

DMAVS41
12-07-2014, 01:01 PM

What? Lee is a 15 million dollar paper weight (he's worth absolutely nothing to a rebuilding team) and Love is a better player than Thompson.

In retrospect that is still a great deal for the Warriors and a shitty deal for the Wolves.

russwest0
12-07-2014, 01:24 PM
I thought the Warriors were crazy at the time if they didn't want to trade Klay for Love, but looking at them now, they may have done the right thing.

Green is a perfect fit at the 4 for that team and Klay is playing great.

navy
12-07-2014, 01:31 PM
Even now Wiggins still seems like the better deal. Klay won't lead them anywhere. At least with Wiggins they might have a chance if he pans out.

Lebron and Durant in their rookie years were pretty terrible too.
Define terrible. They were good to me.

Heavincent
12-07-2014, 01:36 PM
Um, no. The Warriors refused to include Thompson. That's why the deal fell apart. Good decision by the Warriors.

Nastradamus
12-07-2014, 01:44 PM
I'll take Wiggins and Thad.

Heavincent
12-07-2014, 01:46 PM
In retrospect that is still a great deal for the Warriors and a shitty deal for the Wolves.

I guarantee you the Warriors would have a worse record right now if they did that deal.

Love is probably better in a vacuum (although I think it's closer than you're making it out to be), but the Warriors are a better team with Thompson. Love doesn't fill a need at all. In fact, Draymond Green is probably a better fit because of his defense and versatility, not to mention he has transformed himself into a legit stretch 4 (shooting 38% from 3 on 5 attempts per game).

What exactly does Love give the Warriors that they didn't already have?

russwest0
12-07-2014, 01:48 PM
I'll take Wiggins and Thad.

Yeah, thats the thing with this deal.

Wolves ended up really well off.
Warriors made the right choice.
Cleveland, eh... probably f*cked up but it's TBD