PDA

View Full Version : anthony davis

swagga
12-07-2014, 04:20 AM
Yes, he scored 26 efficient points. But so does harden.
He got outplayed by griffin 30/7/5, cp3 18/6/16 and even deandre jordan 8/18/2/5blk..... Struggling again against stronger players.

Opinions?

Magic731
12-07-2014, 04:31 AM
The Harden comparison is stupid because this board is incapable of thinking with their head when it comes to James Harden. His flopping and high volume free throw game seem to hide the fact that he is actually one of the best SGs in the league.

So I'm not sure what your point is both Davis and Harden are stars.

andremiller07
12-07-2014, 04:38 AM
The Harden comparison is stupid cause during the regular season Harden makes his teammates better, he's carrying Ariza and a D-League squad (currently) to one of the best records in the NBA and beating elite teams like Memphis

Im so nba'd out
12-07-2014, 04:41 AM
Anthony Davis got outplayed by someone who is better than him i dont see the problem his stats were good.If they played 1 on 1 idk who is better but blake griffin right now on the clippers is better than anthony davis on the pelicans.

hawksdogsbraves
12-07-2014, 04:41 AM
Yeah idk what the point is here. Griffin is a great player. Harden is a great player. They're all great players, they're all stars, they all have great stats, what's the point here?

notatop29pg
12-07-2014, 05:33 AM
Well there goes his chance to be the first athlete to ever go an entire career without being outplayed...

Done_And_Done
12-07-2014, 05:36 AM
It's not as if he hasn't already done some pretty amazing things against other elite competition. I don't give a damn how good you or your team is... In an 82 game seasonal grind, there's going to be numerous amounts of times where you get outplayed by both top tier and lesser players. It's just a thing of reality...

swagga
12-07-2014, 10:36 AM
i'm pointing out that for a supposedly varied game, davis didn't have a enough of a diverse impact in this match and that it seems he is having problems with players that are stronger than him, see olympics, memphis, vs cousins, etc, unless he is reffed favorably, as in he's awarded tons of ft.

LAZERUSS
12-07-2014, 03:48 PM
It's not as if he hasn't already done some pretty amazing things against other elite competition. I don't give a damn how good you or your team is... In an 82 game seasonal grind, there's going to be numerous amounts of times where you get outplayed by both top tier and lesser players. It's just a thing of reality...

But here at ISH, it is always about the LAST game.

PsychoBe
12-07-2014, 04:19 PM
i'm pointing out that for a supposedly varied game, davis didn't have a enough of a diverse impact in this match and that it seems he is having problems with players that are stronger than him, see olympics, memphis, vs cousins, etc, unless he is reffed favorably, as in he's awarded tons of ft.

we all know that he doesn't have a varied game :facepalm

he's just very good at what he currently does. he mostly attacks off the dribble or with put-backs and offense boards. he's just 21 years old give him a break.

hawksdogsbraves
12-07-2014, 04:23 PM
we all know that he doesn't have a varied game :facepalm

he's just very good at what he currently does. he mostly attacks off the dribble or with put-backs and offense boards. he's just 21 years old give him a break.

Over 50% of his field goal attempts are mid range jumpers so yeah, you don't know what you're talking about.

swagga
12-07-2014, 06:21 PM
Over 50% of his field goal attempts are mid range jumpers so yeah, you don't know what you're talking about.

looks like durant sometimes :oldlol: decent form too, can't argue with that.

PsychoBe
12-07-2014, 06:24 PM

oh yea, he can shoot too :rolleyes: that's part of having a face-up game you clown.

ukfan22
12-07-2014, 06:29 PM
he can't do it on his own

I wonder what his stats would be playing with cp3

rogmatic
12-07-2014, 10:23 PM
I am one of the biggest BG fans on this board, but Anthony Davis has unreal potential. So smooth on his outside shot, great handle for his size, unreal defensive skills. He is an all around player who just needs to develop the killer instinct to be a future MVP.