PDA

View Full Version : Thon Maker considering reclassifying to the class of 2015

waseem780
12-07-2014, 02:00 PM
http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/recruiting/2014/12/05/thon-maker-considering-kentucky-basketball-louisville-basketball-reclassifying/19948079/

Meaning he would be in College next year , I hope he does this , he's born in 1997 and most 1997'ers are in their high school senior years right now anyways.

outbreak
12-07-2014, 02:22 PM
http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/recruiting/2014/12/05/thon-maker-considering-kentucky-basketball-louisville-basketball-reclassifying/19948079/

Meaning he would be in College next year , I hope he does this , he's born in 1997 and most 1997'ers are in their high school senior years right now anyways.

There's doubt I if he was actually born in 97 though.not that he is deliberately trying to fool people but it's common for refugees from those areas to not have correct birthdates.

waseem780
12-07-2014, 02:27 PM
There's doubt I if he was actually born in 97 though.not that he is deliberately trying to fool people but it's common for refugees from those areas to not have correct birthdates.
If anything I think he's younger than 17, look at his body he's skinny as hell

DamnMixes
12-07-2014, 02:28 PM
Is that a nickname or his real name?

STATUTORY
12-07-2014, 02:41 PM
Is that a nickname or his real name?
real name, don't be so culturally insensitive. It's pretty common to have a name that's derived from ones occupation, Smith from BlackSmith etc

Then maker just repping what he does

chocolatethunder
12-07-2014, 03:05 PM
real name, don't be so culturally insensitive. It's pretty common to have a name that's derived from ones occupation, Smith from BlackSmith etc

although I'm sure you are joking, that is not how Dinka naming works.

Also, Smith isn't derived from blacksmith. A blacksmith is a type of smith and there are many types of smiths. A smith is just a metalworker or craftsman.

outbreak
12-07-2014, 04:03 PM
If anything I think he's younger than 17, look at his body he's skinny as hell

He was like 7"1 when he was 16 and a lot of australian coaches and staff were questioning how old he was, some people thought he could be in his early 20s at the point. I work with a lot of immigrants and refugees from those areas and so many of them have their birthdays set as the first of january of whatever year they guess is when they were born because they haven't kept birth dates and there's no real records. He's skinny but he probably just hasn't done any gym work.

LAZERUSS
12-07-2014, 04:14 PM
Hopefully his coach will develop his inside post game, instead of having a seven-footer taking one-third of his shots from the high school three-point line, and then only making 28% of those. Maker shot 48% from the field last season, which is unfathomable for someone who is playing against far inferior competition.

IamRAMBO24
12-07-2014, 04:29 PM

What does John Hancock do?