PDA

View Full Version : shit the heat might not make the playoffs

Bigsmoke
12-08-2014, 12:38 AM
first things first, I'm glad we are not having those Chris Bosh for MVP threads anymore. No shit! he was never a MVP caliber player ever in his career:facepalm

but for real though, the Heat are looking sluggish and super beatable. I think they will make it at the end of the day but LeBron James made the right decision by leaving

navy
12-08-2014, 12:40 AM
It's the East. They can be below .500 and make the playoffs.

In fact they are 7th now.

SouBeachTalents
12-08-2014, 12:41 AM
first things first, I'm glad we are not having those Chris Bosh for MVP threads anymore. No shit! he was never a MVP caliber player ever in his career:facepalm

but for real though, the Heat are looking sluggish and super beatable. I think they will make it at the end of the day but LeBron James made the right decision by leaving

Dude just got insanely overrated during the 2010 free agency frenzy

JebronLames
12-08-2014, 12:42 AM
D-wade will get worse as the season goes on. Only LeGoat could carry these bums to 2 championships.

Bigsmoke
12-08-2014, 12:45 AM
D-wade will get worse as the season goes on. Only LeGoat could carry these bums to 2 championships.

No...They are older:lol

MellowYellow
12-08-2014, 12:47 AM

Wade and Bosh both played great in 1st ship, and He wouldn't have a second if not for Ray Allen.

Bigsmoke
12-08-2014, 01:01 AM
Wade and Bosh both played great in 1st ship, and He wouldn't have a second if not for Ray Allen.

Bosh missed half of that 2012 playoffs run so that's extra kudos for lebron.

Ray Allen sent game 6 to overtime. LeBron still took over that overtime session and game 7 so its still a well deserved win for him

HomieWeMajor
12-08-2014, 01:04 AM
The Harlem shake video seems like a lifetime ago.

navy
12-08-2014, 01:05 AM
The Harlem shake video seems like a lifetime ago.
:cry:

GrapeApe
12-08-2014, 01:16 AM
There's way to much overreaction going on. It's a long season and nearly every team will have ups and downs. They'll string together a few wins and then the overreactions will start in the other direction. Rinse and repeat.

Bigsmoke
12-08-2014, 01:19 AM
There's way to much overreaction going on. It's a long season and nearly every team will have ups and downs. They'll string together a few wins and then the overreactions will start in the other direction. Rinse and repeat.

They done.

Droid101
12-08-2014, 01:20 AM
Bosh missed half of that 2012 playoffs run so that's extra kudos for lebron.

Ray Allen sent game 6 to overtime. LeBron still took over that overtime session and game 7 so its still a well deserved win for him
They'd have three if LeBron didn't literally shit the bed for an entire series.

Legends66NBA7
12-08-2014, 01:20 AM
It's the East. There are 2 below .500 teams in the playoff seedings, including the Heat and it's a long season.

Who know what will happen.

GrapeApe
12-08-2014, 01:26 AM
They done.

Until they win 3 or 4 in a row and then "Woohoo, Heat are going to the ECF!!! Heat > Cavs!!! I bet LeBron wished he had stayed!!! Etc......

jrong
12-08-2014, 01:30 AM

You're very optimistic. The team is systematically flawed. You can't have a jumpshooting power forward who is averse to getting physical as a center. Smal ball is killing them.

Plus, Wade can't be dominant on the defensive end at this stage of his career. The Heat defense was predicated on having not one but two guys who could be defensive terrors on the perimeter.

They should be reverting to the old 2009 and 2010 system. Play slow and run a lot of Wade pick-and-rolls.

Wade is having a turn-back-the-clock renaissance that surpassed even my expectations, in terms of efficiency, anyway. And it's all going to go to waste. Phoenix and Denver back-to-back? Chalk up two more losses. And you know, despite his play, it's going to end up reflecting negatively on him and, even more sickeningly, enhance the narrative of you-know-who.

Megabox!
12-08-2014, 01:41 AM
The same can be said for the rest of the team in the 2014 finals. Both LBJ and team messed up in those series

Bigsmoke
12-08-2014, 02:16 AM
I wonder why you didn't say 4
The double standardness is real in ISH

GrapeApe
12-08-2014, 02:41 AM
You're very optimistic. The team is systematically flawed. You can't have a jumpshooting power forward who is averse to getting physical as a center. Smal ball is killing them.

Plus, Wade can't be dominant on the defensive end at this stage of his career. The Heat defense was predicated on having not one but two guys who could be defensive terrors on the perimeter.

They should be reverting to the old 2009 and 2010 system. Play slow and run a lot of Wade pick-and-rolls.

Wade is having a turn-back-the-clock renaissance that surpassed even my expectations, in terms of efficiency, anyway. And it's all going to go to waste. Phoenix and Denver back-to-back? Chalk up two more losses. And you know, despite his play, it's going to end up reflecting negatively on him and, even more sickeningly, enhance the narrative of you-know-who.

Your right about wasting Wade's brilliant play. I don't think ANYONE thought he'd be playing at this level. At 22/6/4 on 54% in 32 mpg he's producing at a near prime level on the floor. That's about 26/7/5 adjusted to his prime 38 mpg and he's doing it on absurd efficiency. The biggest difference as you mentioned is he can't dominate defensively like he used to. This team is just not built for small ball and I don't know what it will take for Spo to get that through his head.