PDA

View Full Version : Lin's biggest weakness is his mental game

Kidbasketball20
12-08-2014, 01:48 AM
- Belief in himself
- Confidence/consistency
- Ability to play NBA politics with the media
- Ability to stand up for himself

He's too nice for the NBA. He doesn't have that killer instinct or selfishness needed for the NBA.

Kvnzhangyay
12-08-2014, 01:54 AM
This is pretty obvious :O\

He has the skillset, but not the mindset

Proctor
12-08-2014, 01:57 AM
If he can just fix his mental, physical and emotional midgetry he'll be OK

chocolatethunder
12-08-2014, 01:59 AM
- Belief in himself
- Confidence/consistency
- Ability to play NBA politics with the media
- Ability to stand up for himself

He's too nice for the NBA. He doesn't have that killer instinct or selfishness needed for the NBA.
He's totally selfish and shot jacks instead of passing. He's just not that good. Open your eyes.

Kvnzhangyay
12-08-2014, 02:00 AM
He's totally selfish and shot jacks instead of passing. He's just not that good. Open your eyes.

Wait what can't tell if your joking or not? If more than anything he becomes TOO unselfish and TOO afraid...

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-08-2014, 02:07 AM
So like, do you create a Jeremy Lin thread every time he pops up in your head?

Being obssessed with a superstar is one thing, but an average player? :biggums:

Cocaine80s
12-08-2014, 02:07 AM
You know shit is going bad when even Kidbasketball gives up on Lin

Mr. Jabbar
12-08-2014, 02:09 AM
i thought his weakness was everything but you have a point

disel
12-08-2014, 02:34 AM
he is average period.cant shoot,dribble, defend and has no bball iq

KungFuJoe
12-08-2014, 03:55 AM
he is average period.cant shoot,dribble, defend and has no bball iq

And you can't ****ing spell diesel.

disel
12-08-2014, 05:00 AM
And you can't ****ing spell diesel.
average.suck it wang yi li kun

Mr Exlax
12-08-2014, 08:47 AM
I loved Lin while he was on the Rockets. I even hoped he would succeed in LA. OP has turned me into a Lin hater though. Good job. Then the other dipshit who always said Harden was holding him back is nowhere to be found.

Kidbasketball20
12-08-2014, 01:41 PM
I loved Lin while he was on the Rockets. I even hoped he would succeed in LA. OP has turned me into a Lin hater though. Good job. Then the other dipshit who always said Harden was holding him back is nowhere to be found.

You're such a bullshitter. You were always a Lin hater. :roll: :roll:

And if I "turned you into a Lin hater" you know how ****ing weak that makes you look? Grow some balls.

Levity
12-08-2014, 01:45 PM
Yah, man!! Grow some balls!!!

Kidbasketball20
12-08-2014, 04:30 PM

Yeah he does the opposite of selfish basketball.

He will ALWAYS make the pass to the open guy...

and then the ball never comes back to him.

chocolatethunder
12-08-2014, 04:32 PM

No, he's shoot first and an average at best passer. He needs the ball to be effective. He's not a passer he's not a shooter and he's not much of a defender. He's a scorer and a very average one at that.

Kidbasketball20
12-08-2014, 05:21 PM
No, he's shoot first and an average at best passer. He needs the ball to be effective. He's not a passer he's not a shooter and he's not much of a defender. He's a scorer and a very average one at that.

He should be shoot first. You don't watch games if you think he is shoot first. Nick Young and Kobe and Wesley Johnson are shoot first.

And how can you say he's an average passer when Boozer and Johnson are his teammates and constantly brick his shots?

And he does need the ball to be effective or GOOD spot up shooters on his team.

Cocaine80s
12-08-2014, 05:25 PM
Jeremy should come to Cleveland so he can be Lebron's new Mario Chalmers :oldlol:

ImKobe
12-08-2014, 05:38 PM
Dude has a beta personality. Stuttering like a lil bish after losses in post-game interviews

"uhhh, umm, I mean, we need to play better on defense, umm, shoot the ball better, uhhh"

ImKobe
12-08-2014, 05:39 PM

Bullshit. He often forces it too much and turns it over on a drive to the basket by falling over himself while trying to keep his dribble alive :oldlol:, ignores Kobe when he's wide open, doesn't swing the ball nearly enough on the perimeter. Bricks wide open shots or passes them up.

chocolatethunder
12-08-2014, 05:41 PM
He should be shoot first. You don't watch games if you think he is shoot first. Nick Young and Kobe and Wesley Johnson are shoot first.

And how can you say he's an average passer when Boozer and Johnson are his teammates and constantly brick his shots?

And he does need the ball to be effective or GOOD spot up shooters on his team.
And the excuses pile up. What was his problem in Houston? He's just not that good. He's just an average player at best. No he's not a good passer. He's careless with the ball. He get lost on defense. If you think that he's a good passer then you're not watching him play. He's just average.

Lebron23
12-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Mike D'Antoni offense made him a good basketball player just like Marshall, and turned an all star like Nash into an NBA Superstar.

STATUTORY
12-08-2014, 05:56 PM
his problem is he dropped 150 grand on an education he could have gotten for 1.50 rental charge for a hoop and ball at the local ymca

Cocaine80s
12-08-2014, 06:45 PM
Crazy how an asian would be the one that suffers from mental weakness.

Wtf did this guy do at harvard?

KungFuJoe
12-08-2014, 06:49 PM
I don't know why people keep bringing up Harvard as if athletes need to be smart or educated.

Lebron and Kobe are dumb as ****ing doornails and they excel at the game. Anyone with average intelligence would have known "The Decision" was a bad idea from a mile away. And that whole Colorado incident...really? That's dumb beyond dumb regardless if you think Kobe was guilty or not. Smart guy doesn't even put himself in that situation.

Being smart don't mean shit on the court. In fact, I'd argue it's better to be dumb and not think too much or have a conscience. It's all instinct anyways.

Cocaine80s
12-08-2014, 06:51 PM
I don't know why people keep bringing up Harvard as if athletes need to be smart or educated.

Lebron and Kobe are dumb as ****ing doornails and they excel at the game. Anyone with average intelligence would have known "The Decision" was a bad idea from a mile away. And that whole Colorado incident...really? That's dumb beyond dumb regardless if you think Kobe was guilty or not. Smart guy doesn't even put himself in that situation.

Being smart don't mean shit on the court. In fact, I'd argue it's better to be dumb and not think too much or have a conscience. It's all instinct anyways.
Would you take Jr Smith or Javale over Lin?

Lebron and Kobe aren't as dumb as you think they are

KungFuJoe
12-08-2014, 06:55 PM
Would you take Jr Smith or Javale over Lin?

Lebron and Kobe aren't as dumb as you think they are

Right now? Yes. Lin is shook on the court, and that's no good in the pros. If Lin ever gets his swag back...then I'd take him over both.

But mental sturdiness is what people should be talking about...not smarts.

I don't want to get into the psychology of things, but there are studies that show that people who are smarter actually struggle in many areas of life. Simply because they think too much. Something bad happens...they dwell on it and it eats away at them mentally.

Lin makes a turnover...you can see him thinking about it the next play. Kobe airballs a shot...he shoots that same shot two more times.

Levity
12-08-2014, 06:56 PM
Stuttering like a lil bish after losses in post-game interviews

"uhhh, umm, I mean, we need to play better on defense, umm, shoot the ball better, uhhh"

that really shocked me. dude seems to be a terrible public speaker (an asian rose) and always looks like hes gonna cry mid interview after every loss.

Cocaine80s
12-08-2014, 06:58 PM
Right now? Yes. Lin is shook on the court, and that's no good in the pros. If Lin ever gets his swag back...then I'd take him over both.

But mental sturdiness is what people should be talking about...not smarts.

I don't want to get into the psychology of things, but there are studies that show that people who are smarter actually struggle in many areas of life. Simply because they think too much. Something bad happens...they dwell on it and it eats away at them mentally.

Lin makes a turnover...you can see him thinking about it the next play. Kobe airballs a shot...he shoots that same shot two more times.
Theres a difference between being too smart and being a pushover.

Lin is just beta by nature

Last night Byron said he would have been mad at Boozer if he said he was happy about being benched. And then after that he said Lin was cool with it. Obviously he knows Lin is soft as fvck and was probably mad at him for accepting his bench role

KungFuJoe
12-08-2014, 07:02 PM
Theres a difference between being too smart and being a pushover.

Lin is just beta by nature

Last night Byron said he would have been mad at Boozer if he said he was happy about being benched. And then after that he said Lin said he was cool with it. Obviously he knows Lin is soft as fvck and was probably mad at him for accepting his bench role

All I'm saying is...people should stop being so surprised that some Harvard grad is struggling at the mental aspect of a pro sport. It's not the same thing. At all.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-08-2014, 07:12 PM
All I'm saying is...people should stop being so surprised that some Harvard grad is struggling at the mental aspect of a pro sport. It's not the same thing. At all.
Quit making excuses for the guy already. You sound like his Mother. :oldlol:

KungFuJoe
12-08-2014, 07:18 PM
Quit making excuses for the guy already. You sound like his Mother. :oldlol:

Dafuq? Are you really this dense? Where am I making excuses?

mr beast
12-08-2014, 07:21 PM
if anything , i would say his mental toughness is pretty good. Asian kid consistently going against doubts of the society, media , fans of the sport? he would never make it to where he is if he was weak mentally.he's been living that his entire life since HS ball. you do have a point in terms of not having that killer instinct. i think if he were a score first type of player then he would be closer to having that killer instinct, but say good bye to that if he's never going to be the first option on a team.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-08-2014, 07:22 PM
Dafuq? Are you really this dense? Where am I making excuses?
Sense, make much?

KungFuJoe
12-08-2014, 07:28 PM
Sense, make much?

I'm not saying he is or isn't mentally weak.

I'm saying stop assuming anyone who is smart is also mentally strong.

Two different things. There's intelligence and fortitude and a whole bunch of other shit involved when you discuss the human psyche.

What happens in the classroom and on the court are not related at all.

PsychoBe
12-08-2014, 07:34 PM
I'm not saying he is or isn't mentally weak.

I'm saying stop assuming anyone who is smart is also mentally strong.

Two different things. There's intelligence and fortitude and a whole bunch of other shit involved when you discuss the human psyche.

What happens in the classroom and on the court are not related at all.

this isn't an epidemic :facepalm

YouGotServed
12-08-2014, 07:56 PM
Harden and the Rockets 16-4. Lin stays losing and sucking. KungFuJoe, you mad boy?

:roll:

KungFuJoe
12-08-2014, 08:03 PM
Harden and the Rockets 16-4. Lin stays losing and sucking. KungFuJoe, you mad boy?

You do realize you still have McFail as a coach and your star player has a game that translates to shit in the post season.

Death, taxes, and a Houston first round exit.

stevieming
12-09-2014, 06:24 AM
Jeremy will bounce back...

but he needs to get nasty....his D is so vanilla...play with more aggression on the D, make the opposing PG feel you're there man, as right now their eyes light up when they see Jeremy.

Personally, I think Jeremy is better as a bench PG anyway, less pressure and more freedom to go gunning, he needs to shoot more and get a off the bounce J.

Kidbasketball20
12-09-2014, 06:31 AM

LOL if you think you have ANY shot of doing ANYTHING in the playoffs.

McHale is THE WORST COACH OUT OF ANY WESTERN CONFERENCE PLAYOFF TEAM. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :banana:

Doranku
12-09-2014, 07:01 AM
So like, do you create a Jeremy Lin thread every time he pops up in your head?

Being obssessed with a superstar is one thing, but an average player? :biggums:

An average player would not be benched for Ronnie Price on a 5-16 team. Dude is straight garbage.

Dresta
12-09-2014, 07:34 AM
Yeah, mental toughness/fortitude and intelligence aren't even close to being the same thing. Not to mention that there are different aspects to both.

disel
12-09-2014, 02:40 PM
neva seen a cat who is a scrub with such a cult following. i guess the bar is low for asian fans regarding who to support.ping pong is there domain

KungFuJoe
12-09-2014, 04:15 PM
neva seen a cat who is a scrub with such a cult following. i guess the bar is low for asian fans regarding who to support.ping pong is there domain

This post was an edit? :biggums:

Kidbasketball20
12-09-2014, 06:30 PM

Yikes. Disel got rejected by all the Asian chicks in HS. :(

YouGotServed
12-09-2014, 08:00 PM
You do realize you still have McFail as a coach and your star player has a game that translates to shit in the post season.

Death, taxes, and a Houston first round exit.

You mad boy? :roll: Enjoy watching Lin suck even more.

16-4

KungFuJoe
12-09-2014, 08:48 PM
You mad boy? :roll: Enjoy watching Lin suck even more.

16-4

You just said that. That's all you got?

You're lazy like Harden on D.

disel
12-09-2014, 09:43 PM
Yikes. Disel got rejected by all the Asian chicks in HS. :(
asian chicks are hard to penetrate without hearing a few hory sheet it hurt mr.prease prease stop because the poor things got used to little carrot asian di%ks. it takes all night to get them to tolerate the pain cat

YouGotServed
12-09-2014, 10:02 PM
You just said that. That's all you got?

You're lazy like Harden on D.

16-4

Harden keeps winning. Lin stays losing. Mad, boy?

KungFuJoe
12-09-2014, 10:32 PM
16-4

Harden keeps winning. Lin stays losing. Mad, boy?

Slow day at McDonald's?

YouGotServed
12-09-2014, 10:33 PM
Slow day at McDonald's?

16-4

Ariza4three
12-09-2014, 10:38 PM
16-4
KFJ getting shit on HARD.

KungFuJoe
12-09-2014, 10:48 PM
http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/assets/4398543/portland.gif

Ariza4three
12-09-2014, 10:51 PM
http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/assets/4398543/portland.gif
How fitting that Lin was off the floor in one of the biggest moments in the game :oldlol:

YouGotServed
12-09-2014, 10:53 PM
No comment on this season huh. :oldlol:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=361813

2 EZ

disel
12-10-2014, 02:23 AM
as soon as this scrub got benched lakers down 88-82 kobe comes in for him the lakers go on a run.collison was torchin him:lol