PDA

View Full Version : Nets exploring potential blockbusters...Dwill, Lopez and Johnson

magmo68
12-09-2014, 03:19 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=12004817

Time to start over...

Akrazotile
12-09-2014, 03:20 PM
They good?

Can the Cavs get them?

Myth
12-09-2014, 03:23 PM
They good?

Can the Cavs get them?

Yes. LeBron, Kyrie, and Love for DWill, Lopez, and Johnson.

HylianNightmare
12-09-2014, 04:25 PM
about time.

LoneyROY7
12-09-2014, 04:27 PM

:applause: Make it happen Stern. Make NY basketball relevant.

It's A VC3!!!
12-09-2014, 04:29 PM
They are trying to break up the team, something that I have asked for since the first few games of the season. It's sad for Garnett because he is going to seriously dislike being the best player on a team this late into his career. Anyways, it's his last season so he will get over it. Billy King needs to be very wise and cautious about this decision. It would be very damaging if you shed all of that salary ($55m between three players) for more undesirable and long contracts. Anyways, I feel the worst for Garnett. He is my favorite player and I just hope he keeps his tenacity even if all three were to be traded.

Haymaker
12-09-2014, 04:34 PM
They might get some calls in the offseason, since those contracts are not expiring until 2015-2016. Indiana should try to get Deron. At least he won't have no pressure to score and that will move Hill to the bench.

Adam Silver
12-09-2014, 04:34 PM
:applause: Make it happen Stern. Make NY basketball relevant.

I make the decisions now. Just for that slip up, I'm not going to let it happen.

Levity
12-09-2014, 04:36 PM
you think the suns would be interested in lopez? not sure what they have that BKN would want, unless theyre looking for some new PG's.

Haymaker
12-09-2014, 04:38 PM
you think the suns would be interested in lopez? not sure what they have that BKN would want, unless theyre looking for some new PG's.

They should give up Bledsoe. That would make it easier to move DWill.

Levity
12-09-2014, 04:39 PM
They should give up Bledsoe. That would make it easier to move DWill.

agreed. and in turn, that allows them to give dragic the contract and minutes he would want next season

Real Men Wear Green
12-09-2014, 04:39 PM
About time. They need to tank to make the Celtics' pick as high as possible.

LoneyROY7
12-09-2014, 04:40 PM
I make the decisions now. Just for that slip up, I'm not going to let it happen.

:yaohappy:

Let's be honest, we all know who's running the show behind the scenes.

Levity
12-09-2014, 04:41 PM
would either team want to do a Joe Johnson for josh smith swap? Contracts are shit for both, but at least DET would get a reliable 3pt option. (unless theyre in full tank mode).BKN, however, may be less inclined.

hawksdogsbraves
12-09-2014, 04:42 PM
Blow it up Nets!

Get us a top 3 pick and I'll call the Joe Johnson trade even steven :cheers:

Haymaker
12-09-2014, 04:44 PM
agreed. and in turn, that allows them to give dragic the contract and minutes he would want next season

Indeed. :applause:

brownmamba00
12-09-2014, 04:45 PM
Wouldn't mind Deron on the Lakers altho he makes something like 20 mill right? If so he's overpaid and I don't see the LALFO going after these players.

bluechox2
12-09-2014, 04:48 PM
amare bargnani calderon shump for deron brook and johnson

TylerOO
12-09-2014, 04:49 PM
They good?

Can the Cavs get them?

I dont want any of them

magmo68
12-09-2014, 05:20 PM
amare bargnani calderon shump for deron brook and johnson

Do Phil!

outbreak
12-09-2014, 05:28 PM
I could actually see a knicks and nets trade here that would benefit both teams if the nets want to blow it up.

D-FENS
12-09-2014, 05:35 PM
would either team want to do a Joe Johnson for josh smith swap? Contracts are shit for both, but at least DET would get a reliable 3pt option. (unless theyre in full tank mode).BKN, however, may be less inclined.

I like this. Then KG waives his no trade and goes to OKC for Perkins and Lamb

el gringos
12-09-2014, 05:44 PM
I could actually see a knicks and nets trade here that would benefit both teams if the nets want to blow it up.
Knicks don't really have enough assets to go get one of them

Amare, Larkin, hard away jr, thanasis
For
Lopez

Maybe the only way they get a deal is by saving the nets crazy millions. But that could backfire too

Amare, dalembert, thj, Larkin, thanasis
For
Lopez and joe

Jakeh008
12-09-2014, 05:45 PM
Holiday and Gordon for Dwill and Ak47

Gallo, Chandler and Nate for Joe Johnson

Stat, Bargs, Calderon, and Jr, for Lopez and Dwill

Smith and Jennings for Dwill and Teletovic

G.Wallace and J.Green for Joe Johnsos

Embers
12-09-2014, 05:51 PM

The hilarious thing is the wages dont actually match up. Cavaliers would need to add Thompson + Waiters to the deal to get it past the 75%

outbreak
12-09-2014, 05:54 PM
Knicks don't really have enough assets to go get one of them

Amare, Larkin, hard away jr, thanasis
For
Lopez

Maybe the only way they get a deal is by saving the nets crazy millions. But that could backfire too

Amare, dalembert, thj, Larkin, thanasis
For
Lopez and joe

It depends on what the Nets are trying to do. If they are trying to blow it up completely and rebuild the knicks could offer picks and expiring deals as well as youth in shumpert/hardaway/larkin. That's assuming the knicks are still trying to spend money and win now which I still don't think they do with the addition of any of those nets players but hey that's what they keep doing

Embers
12-09-2014, 06:00 PM
I think Nets would try to trade 2 and keep 1 of these. Id be keeping Lopez and trading the other two really

I like the idea of Joe Johnson going to the Celtics. Wallace/Thornton/Green for Joe Johnson + Andrei Kirilenko would work

Think Gerald Wallace has a worse contract then Joe Johnson personally.

Legends66NBA7
12-09-2014, 06:01 PM
How do you stay competitive while shedding all that salary ?

Is Billy King going to actually fleece someone with those contracts ? I can't even see why anybody would want anything to do with them.

Meticode
12-09-2014, 06:02 PM
It's amazing what a year does. On paper over a season ago they looked like a juggernaut...

Lopez
Garnett
Pierce
Johnson
Williams

...injuries derailed all that. Lopez has been the biggest disappointment. So much offensive potential, but he can't seem to stay healthy.

Embers
12-09-2014, 06:05 PM
That makes Lopez the least disappointing

Atleast he has injuries as a excuse

Joe Johnsons problem is he is just crap

VengefulAngel
12-09-2014, 06:07 PM

Joe Johnson isn't crap, he's a terrific shooter. He's just overpaid, his contract is the only problem when trying to use him as a trade asset. Net's have zero leverage due to this fact.

Nets fan 93
12-09-2014, 06:09 PM

He's not crap... But he is inconsistent and isn't a good fit next to Deron

QuebecBaller
12-09-2014, 06:25 PM
Trade Garnett to Minnesota so he could retire there :cheers:

hawkfan
12-09-2014, 06:50 PM
Detroit could send out Jennings, Jerebko and Anthony to the Nets for Williams.
Nets get cap space next year.
Pistons get an upgrade at point guard.

Legends66NBA7
12-09-2014, 06:52 PM
Trade Garnett to Minnesota so he could retire there :cheers:

Nets keep him because he's expiring this year. If anything, he signs 1 day contract with Minnesota and the calls it a career.

hawkfan
12-09-2014, 06:53 PM
The Nets can send Garnett to the Hawks. We have some expirers to send back in return, and we have 4-5 million in available cap space.

Kingwillball
12-09-2014, 07:11 PM
Waiters and picks for JJ

pastis
12-09-2014, 07:24 PM
joe johnson is like josh smith: both overpaid, but both pretty solid in a good system and well coached team.

problem is just: both arent franchise players, but they are getting money of a franchise player. who knows why:confusedshrug:

Nash
12-09-2014, 07:31 PM
I'm guessing Nets are interested in staying relevant and not doing this to rebuild/cap space

So any team with bunch of young assets that wants to take next step. Basically New Orleans, or Bucks.

Knight, Ilyasova for Deron

bluechox2
12-09-2014, 07:42 PM
knicks got a bunch of expirers, and that juicy 1st rounder

RoseCity07
12-09-2014, 08:08 PM
I'd like Portland to pick up Joe Johnson as a 6th man type player. He can back up Wesley Matthews.

jbryan1984
12-09-2014, 08:10 PM
Id love to see the Cavs get KG somehow for this season. Being on a team like this, this late in his career, he would love it. We strongly need a vet like him. He wouldn't need to play many minutes either. He can still run the floor

niko
12-09-2014, 10:04 PM
Couple of things. The Knicks aren't in this, we aren't killing our cap space for old players. That's just incredibly dumb. Second, JJ's contract is MASSIVE. If it were a little smaller it would be easier to move but it's $23M. And Lopez contract is uninsured which is an issue for a lot of teams. (See Amare...)

Finally no one is sending the Nets a bunch of expirers, young players and picks. They'll send big long crappy contracts maybe. Which makes me think at the end of the day it's probably not happening.

ALBballer
12-09-2014, 10:31 PM
I'd like Portland to pick up Joe Johnson as a 6th man type player. He can back up Wesley Matthews.

That's a 20 million dollar 6th man.

ZeN
12-09-2014, 10:47 PM
Couple of things. The Knicks aren't in this, we aren't killing our cap space for old players. That's just incredibly dumb. Second, JJ's contract is MASSIVE. If it were a little smaller it would be easier to move but it's $23M. And Lopez contract is uninsured which is an issue for a lot of teams. (See Amare...)

Finally no one is sending the Nets a bunch of expirers, young players and picks. They'll send big long crappy contracts maybe. Which makes me think at the end of the day it's probably not happening.
Amar

PJR
12-09-2014, 10:48 PM
I'd take Lopez on the Heat.

niko
12-09-2014, 10:51 PM
[QUOTE=ZeN]Amar

ZeN
12-09-2014, 10:54 PM
It's in play now because it's the last year. When it wasn't no one would touch it. Lopez is a smaller contract but the fact it's not insured kills a lot of teams interest.
Sorry I thought we were talking about the present.

Hotlantadude81
12-09-2014, 10:58 PM
Deron is past his prime.... Lopez is an injury prone black hole and JJ is so overpaid.

Who would give up anything for Lopez? All he does is get hurt.

navy
12-09-2014, 10:59 PM
I'd take Lopez on the Heat.
Robin Lopez?

sfballa13
12-09-2014, 11:20 PM
What about this Detroit / Brooklyn trade:

Monroe, Singler, Josh Smith, Cartier Martin, Caron Butler
for
Joe Johnson, Teletovic

Why for the Nets?
Get a nice big man rotation with Smith/KG and Monroe/Lopez, replace JJ for one season with Butler-Singler-Martin than use the 9M saved to go after a SF in the offseason

Why for the Pistons?
Fills a huge need at SF, Teletovic is a perfect fit next to Drummond, and Smith is off the team.

niko
12-09-2014, 11:51 PM
What about this Detroit / Brooklyn trade:

Monroe, Singler, Josh Smith, Cartier Martin, Caron Butler
for
Joe Johnson, Teletovic

Why for the Nets?
Get a nice big man rotation with Smith/KG and Monroe/Lopez, replace JJ for one season with Butler-Singler-Martin than use the 9M saved to go after a SF in the offseason

Why for the Pistons?
Fills a huge need at SF, Teletovic is a perfect fit next to Drummond, and Smith is off the team.
The Pistons send Monroe and his little contract for JJ and his huge contract? Serious?

r15mohd
12-09-2014, 11:56 PM
Three team deal btwn the Lakers Knicks n Nets

Lakers get
Calderon
JJ
$1mil

Knicks get
Kobe
Lopez

Nets get
Stat
Bargs
Shump

LilEddyCurry
12-10-2014, 01:19 AM
Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings for Deron Williams... Why not?

sfballa13
12-10-2014, 01:58 AM
The Pistons send Monroe and his little contract for JJ and his huge contract? Serious?

Are you having trouble reading?

It's Monroe, Josh Smith's monster 14M deal, and few expiring deals for JJ

JJ makes 23M but is owed one less year than Smith

23M vs 27 (13.5 x 2 years) = Pistons actually save 4M in the long term and Nets save 10M this offseason.

The deal even works with Jennings added if the Nets want another scorer off their bench

hawkfan
12-10-2014, 01:38 PM
Calderon, Shumpert and JR Smith for Deron Williams and a first round pick.

All three Knicks are on contract next year, so this doesn't eat up too much cap space, while the Knicks get an A level point guard plus a pick.

hawksdogsbraves
12-10-2014, 01:56 PM
I don't think the Nets will take on any big deals that run into 2016. The only person they'll have left at that point is one more year of D-Will, and their goal has to be to pitch the idea of 'Brooklyn' to a couple big time FA's and try this again.

They don't have their own pick this year or next, so a real tank job is pointless.

They're in a really awful spot tbh, it's going to be really hard for a GM to get out of this mess. I certainly don't think Billy King is smart enough to do it.

ihatetimthomas
12-10-2014, 05:22 PM
It's amazing what a year does. On paper over a season ago they looked like a juggernaut...

Lopez
Garnett
Pierce
Johnson
Williams

...injuries derailed all that. Lopez has been the biggest disappointment. So much offensive potential, but he can't seem to stay healthy.

To be honest, on paper they did not look good other than the washed up names. On paper, it looked terrible to me bc of the type of players they got. They got players who really need the ball in their hands to be effective. None of the players really play off the ball well. Plus, the monster contracts they took on. They gave away all of their picks to take on aging washed up players. The fact the Hawks were able to rid themselves of Joe Johnsons contract that early in his deal was amazing. All of the players they were acquiring were either coming off subpar or injured years. It was a owner who wanted to slap some relevance into the team without thinking anything through.

magmo68
12-10-2014, 05:28 PM
The Lakers seriously need to think about aquiring Brook, not gonna sign anything better in the off season

kennethgriffin
12-10-2014, 05:36 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/spua2c.png

wang4three
12-10-2014, 05:40 PM
I don't care who they trade for. I rather not give up Deron though.

ihatetimthomas
12-10-2014, 05:42 PM
The Lakers seriously need to think about aquiring Brook, not gonna sign anything better in the off season

what the Lakers have show at the least is that they will not acquire guys just to acquire guys. There needs to be a real reason to acquire Brook, and I dont see it. Just bc it may be difficult to get someone next year doesnt mean they will get just anyone available.