PDA

View Full Version : Korver is currently putting up 53/55/95

oarabbus
12-09-2014, 04:57 PM
:eek: this guy is KILLIN it!

Full stats: 13.5/4/3 with 3 treys and half a block and half a steal per game on 53/55/95 :eek:

Rake2204
12-09-2014, 05:00 PM
Personally more impressed with Josh Smith's 38/27/48.

ImKobe
12-09-2014, 05:01 PM
75% TS :lebronamazed:

Dude's leading the league in 3pt% for the 2nd straight year now, 49% from 3 this season and last combined with 5.5 3PA

one of the GOAT 3pt shooters

Ramza
12-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Definitely worth the MAX just like he wanted :bowdown:

r0drig0lac
12-09-2014, 05:13 PM
f'ckin GOAT

Done_And_Done
12-09-2014, 05:15 PM

My heavens...

Im Still Ballin
12-09-2014, 05:16 PM
Impressed but lets not act like he'd be putting up these numbers on other teams. The Atlanta Head coach is severely underrated.

Rake2204
12-12-2014, 12:56 AM
My heavens...Majestic, isn't it?

YouGotServed
12-12-2014, 12:59 AM

wilt reincarnated

T_L_P
12-12-2014, 01:00 AM
Fck Korver's wife. :(

Smook A.
12-12-2014, 01:01 AM
Easily the best non-star shooter in the NBA.

Milbuck
12-12-2014, 01:02 AM
Majestic, isn't it?
What is his deal though? I don't remember him being a Deandre Jordan-like shooter, not that I remember him being Dirk or anything, but surely he wasn't always this pitiful, at least fundamentally? Is he just taking the dumbest shots in league history or what?

LAZERUSS
12-12-2014, 01:03 AM
So far...

the greatest pure shooting season in NBA history.

navy
12-12-2014, 01:04 AM
What is his deal though? I don't remember him being a Deandre Jordan-like shooter, not that I remember him being Dirk or anything, but surely he wasn't always this pitiful, at least fundamentally? Is he just taking the dumbest shots in league history or what?
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2014/12/10/josh-smith-works-push-nagging-injuries/20224395/

Plus he's a dumbass.

Rake2204
12-12-2014, 01:11 AM
What is his deal though? I don't remember him being a Deandre Jordan-like shooter, not that I remember him being Dirk or anything, but surely he wasn't always this pitiful, at least fundamentally? Is he just taking the dumbest shots in league history or what?Interestingly, Van Gundy has convinced him to cut his three-point attempts down from 3.4 to 1.4, his lowest total in around five years. He still shoots the long ball awfully (27% or so). It seems like his spot up midrange j's are down too.

To be completely honest, easy for me to say - as I'm not in the NBA - but Smith appears awful getting off a reliable shot on his drives. The pet moves he's developed - including a weird running floater hybrid piece, usually off-balance while moving across the lane - is the type of shot I'd admonish high school players for taking, let alone 10-year NBA vets.

Many of his shots around the hoop have weird trajectories from unsavory angles that just don't have a wide window of successful completion.

If I could cut him at least a little slack, which is tough for me to do at this point, I do think some of the shooting stuff has become a mental problem, particularly at the free throw line and right near the basket - kind of like the basketball version of the yips. I think he's in his own head, which only makes the existing problem that much worse.

The good news is he leads the Pistons in field goal attempts by 59 shots...

Milbuck
12-12-2014, 01:25 AM
Interestingly, Van Gundy has convinced him to cut his three-point attempts down from 3.4 to 1.4, his lowest total in around five years. He still shoots the long ball awfully (27% or so). It seems like his spot up midrange j's are down too.

To be completely honest, easy for me to say - as I'm not in the NBA - but Smith appears awful getting off a reliable shot on his drives. The pet moves he's developed - including a weird running floater hybrid piece, usually off-balance while moving across the lane - is the type of shot I'd admonish high school players for taking, let alone 10-year NBA vets.

Many of his shots around the hoop have weird trajectories from unsavory angles that just don't have a wide window of successful completion.

If I could cut him at least a little slack, which is tough for me to do at this point, I do think some of the shooting stuff has become a mental problem, particularly at the free throw line and right near the basket - kind of like the basketball version of the yips. I think he's in his own head, which only makes the existing problem that much worse.

The good news is he leads the Pistons in field goal attempts by 59 shots...
Yeah I actually checked out his shooting spread, his 3PT attempts were definitely lower than expected. Not that that makes the actual percentages look better lol.

Seems like it's a nice little mix of abysmal shot selection, lack of refined skill, and plain bad luck.

I will say, your composure when talking about this stuff is nothing short of admirable :oldlol: I would be constantly losing my shit in the same situation, I know I was during Jennings' last days in Milwaukee before I had an account here.

Rake2204
12-12-2014, 01:29 AM
Yeah I actually checked out his shooting spread, his 3PT attempts were definitely lower than expected. Not that that makes the actual percentages look better lol.

Seems like it's a nice little mix of abysmal shot selection, lack of refined skill, and plain bad luck.

I will say, your composure when talking about this stuff is nothing short of admirable :oldlol: I would be constantly losing my shit in the same situation, I know I was during Jennings' last days in Milwaukee before I had an account here.Sometimes I chuckle at the July 2013 Rake who thought, "Maybe a new locale will drive Jennings to be a true point guard and a good teammate. And maybe Josh Smith's defensive intensity will completely outweigh any possible negatives he could bring to the table."