View Full Version : Tracy McGrady: The game doesn't leave gently

$LakerGold
12-10-2014, 12:24 AM
http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/tracymcgrady/

Haven't finished it yet. Bookmarked. Enjoy. #TMAC

Rake2204
12-10-2014, 12:34 AM
Some interesting quotes of note.

"The league is so young and they have no skills," he says. "They have athleticism but no skills. Half these guys wouldn't be able to play in the league when I first came into it. There's only a handful I enjoy watching anyway. When Kevin Durant and LeBron are gone, who is going to carry the league? There's no LeBron or Kevin Durant in the next batch."

"This is what I know, this is my world," McGrady says. "I'm not going to have somebody in the business world come in and tell me how to shoot a jumper or how to do my moves out there on the basketball court. When I step into the business world, I'm all ears. I'm going to be humble. I'm not going to bring that T-Mac s--t into the business world. Listen man, I'm a rookie. Teach me."

stalkerforlife
12-10-2014, 12:42 AM
Legend.

Fudge
12-10-2014, 12:46 AM
GOAT. :bowdown:

Reason why I started watching ball. Man, if he signed with the Lakers for the rest of the season, that would be my dream duo playing...even if they're both past their prime.

Make it happen, Mitch. Please.

Smook A.
12-10-2014, 12:47 AM
Definitely miss seeing T-Mac in the league. He was such a joy to watch. Real shame his prime was cut short because of injures.

Milbuck
12-10-2014, 12:50 AM
Definitely miss seeing T-Mac in the league. He was such a joy to watch. Real shame his prime was cut short because of injures.
Smook always bringing the controversy.

Fowl
12-10-2014, 12:53 AM
GOAT. :bowdown:

Reason why I started watching ball. Man, if he signed with the Lakers for the rest of the season, that would be my dream duo playing...even if they're both past their prime.

Make it happen, Mitch. Please.
Let's get it done Mitch.

aj1987
12-10-2014, 12:55 AM
"The league is so young and they have no skills," he says. "They have athleticism but no skills. Half these guys wouldn't be able to play in the league when I first came into it. There's only a handful I enjoy watching anyway. When Kevin Durant and LeBron are gone, who is going to carry the league? There's no LeBron or Kevin Durant in the next batch."
AD, BG, Curry, Harden, Thompson, WB, etc.. Also, KD is 26. He's going to play at an elite level for another 6 years easily.

nathanjizzle
12-10-2014, 01:17 AM
this is more of that "in my day so and so blah blah balh" :facepalm

all i know is that basketball players are getting more talented, either skill wise or athletically, they just are. its harder to couple skills with athleticism, you need to know how to balance both. And this guy using lebron as the epitomy of skill, dude cant even dribble.

ALBballer
12-10-2014, 01:20 AM
Dude can't play and it sounds like he wants to play for the Lakers for marketing purposes.

LoneyROY7
12-10-2014, 01:26 AM
AD, BG, Curry, Harden, Thompson, WB, etc.. Also, KD is 26. He's going to play at an elite level for another 6 years easily.

Exactly, there's plenty of elite young talent in the league. Not sure what T-mac is talking about there.

Nowitness
12-10-2014, 01:30 AM
As if McGrady had skills.

This would be like Kobe criticizing someone for ball hogging or Shaq getting on someone for being out of shape.

$LakerGold
12-10-2014, 01:34 AM
LoneyRoy^There's definitely less options now. Everyone keeps saying it, "Every team back then used to have a star to where they would have to host two all-star games for it to be fair to everyone." Something along those lines, your Jrue Holiday today isn't as explosive as Stephen Marbury, Baron Davis or Steve Francis back in their prime. There are solid great players today, but they feel like they're just another ordinary player. Every year, there's less and less veterans. The league's plagued with no namers. Your Mareese Speights today would be someone like your Robert Horry. There's just less options compared to where it was 5-7 years ago.

Bold statements, but T-Mac is right about this, & it's deeper than that. I hope you get the point.

$LakerGold
12-10-2014, 01:35 AM
As if McGrady had skills.

This would be like Kobe criticizing someone for ball hogging or Shaq getting on someone for being out of shape.
.....smfh

$LakerGold
12-10-2014, 01:37 AM
Anthony Davis is a beast, though.

LoneyROY7
12-10-2014, 01:37 AM
LoneyRoy^There's definitely less options now. Everyone keeps saying it, "Every team back then used to have a star to where they would have to host two all-star games for it to be fair to everyone." Something along those lines, your Jrue Holiday today isn't as explosive as Stephen Marbury, Baron Davis or Steve Francis back in their prime. There are solid great players today, but they feel like they're just another ordinary player. Every year, there's less and less veterans. The league's plagued with no namers. Your Mareese Speights today would be someone like your Robert Horry. There's just less options compared to where it was 5-7 years ago.

Bold statements, but T-Mac is right about this, & it's deeper than that. I hope you get the point.

Jrue Holiday?

Holiday isn't even top 10 at his position, so that comparison doesn't hold much weight.

houston
12-10-2014, 01:40 AM
tracy mcgrady just bitter as hell

$LakerGold
12-10-2014, 01:49 AM
Jrue Holiday?

Holiday isn't even top 10 at his position, so that comparison doesn't hold much weight.
Jrue Holiday, Eric Bledsoe ... all them.

aj1987
12-10-2014, 03:41 AM

Are you being serious? Just because they aren't as "explosive" doesn't mean that they aren't better players. The PG position is stacked as ****.

There are tons of young players who are elite, today as well. T-Mac is just being salty.