PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony threatened Tim Hardaway?

Real Men Wear Green
12-10-2014, 09:17 AM
I couldn't find a link but it is being discussed on Mike and Mike right now.

the mesiah
12-10-2014, 09:30 AM
I just heard it as well, he got mad over hardaway yelling out loud , "get the rebound" in a game ..:roll: :oldlol:

Smoke117
12-10-2014, 09:33 AM
That's like a deer threatening a lady bug.

Lebronxrings
12-10-2014, 09:34 AM
hardaway isn't the one bricking wide open shots in the 4th quarter...

jonathan
12-10-2014, 11:16 AM
hardaway isn't the one bricking wide open shots in the 4th quarter...

Yeah he only bricks shots in the first, second, and third quarters. If anything, someone should be yelling at Stat. How has he still not learned to box out properly?

Smoke117
12-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Yeah he only bricks shots in the first, second, and third quarters. If anything, someone should be yelling at Stat. How has he still not learned to box out properly?

"Nobody ever taught me." :rolleyes:

Akrazotile
12-10-2014, 11:31 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

SwishSquared
12-10-2014, 12:43 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/12008328/new-york-knicks-carmelo-anthony-heart-team-discord-sources-say

It's actually kinda hilarious:

The New York Knicks were en route to their fifth straight loss last week against Brooklyn when a frustrated Tim Hardaway Jr. screamed angrily, "Get the rebound!''

Certain his second-year teammate was speaking to him, Carmelo Anthony approached Hardaway on the way down the court and used an expletive to ask Hardaway who in the world he thought he was talking to.

Anthony, according to sources, then used another expletive in telling Hardaway he was going to beat him up when they got into the locker room after the game.

Fudge
12-10-2014, 12:50 PM
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/12008328/new-york-knicks-carmelo-anthony-heart-team-discord-sources-say

It's actually kinda hilarious:
That's a Lebron23-esque threat right there.

stalkerforlife
12-10-2014, 12:50 PM
Looking bad for Melo right now. I don't care that he threatened dude, but having to be told to get a rebound and then blowing up because you know you were lazy and he was right.

Melo looking like Shaq...without the size. Lazy.

Hoopz2332
12-10-2014, 01:02 PM
:oldlol:

hawksdogsbraves
12-10-2014, 01:08 PM
That's leadership right there :applause:

FA's are going to be lining up down the block to go play for this dysfunctional franchise.

tontoz
12-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Hope he really enjoys living in NY because his prime years are going to be wasted there.

Mass Debator
12-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Knicks should build around alpha Tim.

Akrazotile
12-10-2014, 01:38 PM
Hope he really enjoys living in NY because his prime years are going to be wasted there.

Hes massively overrated. Who cares abot his prime years. Only little kids still want to watch "1-on-5" chuckers. Anthony is not an impact player. How does this myth keep getting circulated???

Done_And_Done
12-10-2014, 01:52 PM
As per Broussard

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/10/report-carmelo-anthony-told-tim-hardaway-jr-he-was-going-to-beat-him-up/

[QUOTE]Anthony, according to sources, then used another expletive in telling Hardaway he was going to beat him up when they got into the locker room after the game.

tpols
12-10-2014, 02:06 PM
melo's always had that entitled punk attitude.. worst small forward defender in the league dead in the middle of his prime. No excuses. Hes being a cancer.

Akrazotile
12-10-2014, 02:20 PM
melo's always had that entitled punk attitude.. worst small forward defender in the league dead in the middle of his prime. No excuses. Hes being a cancer.

Dat melonoma :bowdown:

dazzer87
12-10-2014, 02:30 PM
Melo looking like Shaq...without the size. Lazy.

Shaq is a winner where Melo is a loser

SwishSquared
12-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Phil should try to fleece Billy King in a trade in the coming months. It's a fun club to join.

Rake2204
12-10-2014, 02:59 PM
Atta way, Timmy.

HomieWeMajor
12-10-2014, 03:02 PM
Hardaway should dress up as basket. No way Melo touches him then.

MUGEN
12-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Odd thing to get angry about. Not like he said 'find your balls and go to a place where you can try to win a ring you doormat-to-yo-wife muthaphuka' (still would have been good advice) or something..it was just 'grab the rebound'..beta as phuck

hawksdogsbraves
12-10-2014, 03:09 PM
Phil should try to fleece Billy King in a trade in the coming months. It's a fun club to join.

It really is

Akrazotile
12-10-2014, 03:32 PM

:applause:

Fudge
12-10-2014, 03:35 PM
:oldlol:

Homie, WE MAJOR.

Undisputed
12-10-2014, 03:52 PM
Are Knicks fans still all childishly giddy over Carmelo re-signing and Phil Jackson? :oldlol:

Poor Knicks. The only time they allow anyone to be optimistic is the off-season.

nathanjizzle
12-10-2014, 04:24 PM
melos a great leader.

Real14
12-10-2014, 04:40 PM
I'm very disappointed in Melo's actions right now. I just.. I don't know what to say.

nerds
12-10-2014, 05:31 PM
2nd half of last season Hardaway looked like he had turned the corner, got hot in the rookies v sopmores game

This season he's buried on bench, gets limited minutes, what happened?

Or Woodsons system just made him look better than what he is?

nathanjizzle
12-10-2014, 05:55 PM
bulls dodged a huge bullet. low character, no will to win, entitled superstar. thats not bulls brotherhood basketball.

Lebronxrings
12-10-2014, 05:59 PM
2nd half of last season Hardaway looked like he had turned the corner, got hot in the rookies v sopmores game

This season he's buried on bench, gets limited minutes, what happened?

Or Woodsons system just made him look better than what he is?
but every knick/melo fan told me woodson was a terrible coach and was the source of the problem :confusedshrug:

Lebronxrings
12-10-2014, 06:00 PM
melo is a loser. Dude always gets excuses made for him. I don't care what anyone says, the knicks are always competitive with or without melo up to the 3 minute mark.

STATUTORY
12-10-2014, 06:06 PM
where is that dumb f@ck mellowyellow?

Real14
12-10-2014, 06:38 PM
melo is a loser. Dude always gets excuses made for him. I don't care what anyone says, the knicks are always competitive with or without melo up to the 3 minute mark.
And Lebron is not? :coleman:

Real14
12-10-2014, 06:40 PM
bulls dodged a huge bullet. low character, no will to win, entitled superstar. thats not bulls brotherhood basketball.
Yall bulls fans are full of shit and bull :coleman: like yall was kissing his ass all summer long, dissing niguhz like me for thinking he would stay:biggums: . Now that he's having an offseason in the regular season yall wanna act different:coleman: :coleman: give me a damn break:oldlol:

Real Men Wear Green
12-10-2014, 06:42 PM
And Lebron is not? :coleman:
2 rings, 5 finals, and 4 MVPs=loser? By that standard, who isn't a loser?

Real14
12-10-2014, 07:04 PM
2 rings, 5 finals, and 4 MVPs=loser? By that standard, who isn't a loser?
I'm not talking about his given accolades that his super stacked teams helped him get (except for 2009 and 2010 mvp), Im talking about him quitting on a good team to play for super teams because he's to puhcee to win a ring the right way. Just being honest, no hate.

Cocaine80s
12-10-2014, 07:06 PM
Alpha

Real Men Wear Green
12-10-2014, 07:23 PM
I'm not talking about anything intelligent, sensical, or relevant.OK, gotcha.

Real14
12-10-2014, 07:28 PM
OK, gotcha.

So Lebron never took the easy way out?:biggums:

Smoke117
12-10-2014, 07:28 PM
I'm not talking about his given accolades that his super stacked teams helped him get (except for 2009 and 2010 mvp), Im talking about him quitting on a good team to play for super teams because he's to puhcee to win a ring the right way. Just being honest, no hate.

:roll: :roll: :roll: All you do is hate on lebron...you knucklehead.

STATUTORY
12-10-2014, 07:29 PM
So Lebron never took the easy way out?:biggums:
for the sake of the Knicks I wish Melo took the easy way out and left town

Real14
12-10-2014, 07:29 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: All you do is hate on lebron...you knucklehead.
I being honest man, I gave Lebron credit in that same post inside those parenthesis bro.

J Shuttlesworth
12-10-2014, 07:30 PM
LeBron led a non-stacked Cleveland team to the finals.

He's done far than Melo in his career, even when he had less help than Melo has had.

Melo is a career loser, simple as that.

Real14
12-10-2014, 07:32 PM
for the sake of the Knicks I wish Melo took the easy way out and left town

Somewhat disagree because if knicks got rid of Melo then they probably be worse than the sixers by now.

Real14
12-10-2014, 07:34 PM

He's done far than Melo in his career, even when he had less help than Melo has had.

Melo played in the west most of his career while leading the nuggets to the west finals in 09, and Lebron been in the east his whole career.

MellowYellow
12-10-2014, 07:34 PM

Lebron got swept by the same team Melo's Nugget got a game on in the 1st round. Their careers woulda been a lot of different if the Pistons drafted Melo like they should have.

FireDavidKahn
12-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Melo played in the west most of his career while leading the nuggets to the west finals in 09, and Lebron been in the east his whole career.
Melo also had a stacked team in 09.

niko
12-10-2014, 09:20 PM
When Broussard has bad Knick news he's credible, right?

Akrazotile
12-10-2014, 10:14 PM
When Broussard has bad Knick news he's credible, right?

Yeah. Cause thats the only thing he ever says thats believable.

stephanieg
12-11-2014, 01:23 AM
Carmelanoma strikes again.

Undisputed
12-11-2014, 01:51 AM
Somewhat disagree because if knicks got rid of Melo then they probably be worse than the sixers by now.
That's why the Knicks organization should have been smart and traded Melo to fill out their roster instead of re-signing him. That honestly should be their goal right now. I doubt they get as much as they would have, had they traded him last season before the deadline, but still, anything other than what's going on in New York basketball right now has to be better. It just seems like the right decision based on what we're seeing. A team with Carmelo Anthony on it should never be 4-20 in the NBA of this season.

Carmelo can score with the best of them, but apparently he is not the best teammate(not a new development with the Tim Hardaway Jr. situation) and he isn't consistently inspired on the court. The Knicks would be best off rebuilding everything, again.

MellowYellow
12-11-2014, 01:56 AM
That's why the Knicks organization should have been smart and traded Melo to fill out their roster instead of re-signing him. That honestly should be their goal right now. I doubt they get as much as they would have, had they traded him last season before the deadline, but still, anything other than what's going on in New York basketball right now has to be better. It just seems like the right decision based on what we're seeing. A team with Carmelo Anthony on it should never be 4-20 in the NBA of this season.

Carmelo can score with the best of them, but apparently he is not the best teammate(not a new development with the Tim Hardaway Jr. situation) and he isn't consistently inspired on the court. The Knicks would be best off rebuilding everything, again.

This was a throw away year before the season started, Melo and Jackson knew that from the beginning. They probably didn't think it would be this bad, but it really doesn't matter when most these players won't be here next year and they can get a top 3 pick plus multiple nice free agents and turn it around by next year.

el gringos
12-11-2014, 04:48 AM
Hes massively overrated. Who cares abot his prime years. Only little kids still want to watch "1-on-5" chuckers. Anthony is not an impact player. How does this myth keep getting circulated???
500 posts a month just to hate on Carmelo? Get a life. Saddest part is that you prob have other alts and other message boards taking up just as much or more time.

You don't understand the word impact apparently

oarabbus
12-11-2014, 05:10 AM
500 posts a month just to hate on Carmelo? Get a life. Saddest part is that you prob have other alts and other message boards taking up just as much or more time.

You don't understand the word impact apparently

You're right, he doesn't. Leading a team to 4-20 is some serious impact :bowdown:

pastis
12-11-2014, 05:27 AM
carmelo is just not a leader. carmelo needs a stacked and well coached team besides him, like he had in denver ( YES THAT WAS INDEED A VERY GOOD TEAM) or when he plays for team USA.

i dont know if thj was right yelling this to melo, but even if not, if you are the "team leader" you react in a different way. melo is a beta jumpshooting high volume scorer.
phil nows this and its phil who has to put a team around him that works.
next year with bargnani and amare gone, there will be huge cap space for couple of semi-allstars.

MellowYellow
12-11-2014, 05:30 AM
carmelo is just not a leader. carmelo needs a stacked and well coached team besides him, like he had in denver ( YES THAT WAS INDEED A VERY GOOD TEAM) or when he plays for team USA.

i dont know if thj was right yelling this to melo, but even if not, if you are the "team leader" you react in a different way. melo is a beta jumpshooting high volume scorer.
phil nows this and its phil who has to put a team around him that works.
next year with bargnani and amare gone, there will be huge cap space for couple of semi-allstars.

Everyone needs this, being a leader doesn't mean anything if you don't have good talent/coaching. Who do you suppose is the Mavs leader? Dirk? HECK NO its freakin Rick Carlise the genius head coach.

pastis
12-11-2014, 05:34 AM
Everyone needs this, being a leader doesn't mean anything if you don't have good talent/coaching. Who do you suppose is the Mavs leader? Dirk? HECK NO its freakin Rick Carlise the genius head coach.

but i cant see how melo could be seen as a team leader in any interpretation of the word "LEADER"

edit: pls dont compare dirk with melo. thats like comparing a old ford fiesta (melo) witha german porsche (dirk).

Rameek
12-11-2014, 06:25 AM
I dont think so but it would have allowed a fresh start if Melo and JR was gone.

The team has only 4 wins.... not much worse than that.

Akrazotile
05-04-2015, 09:21 PM

:roll: