PDA

View Full Version : Harden just set himself apart from Klay and Curry...

stalkerforlife
12-11-2014, 01:42 AM
Harden is a real MVP candidate at this point. Dude is playing with scrubs and takes the Warriors to the brink on the road. Harden completely shit on the splash brothers. The Warriors just have a lot more talent.

Harden is a top 3 MVP candidate.

Kvnzhangyay
12-11-2014, 01:45 AM
klay taking over now

stalkerforlife
12-11-2014, 01:47 AM
klay taking over now

Of course he is, he has the fortune of being able to play like shit for an entire game and still win.

Next one up for the Warriors.

J Shuttlesworth
12-11-2014, 01:47 AM
Were these stats he put up complete, or empty?

JK harden balled his ass off tonight

navy
12-11-2014, 01:48 AM
Empty stats.

stalkerforlife
12-11-2014, 01:48 AM
Were these stats he put up complete, or empty?

JK harden balled his ass off tonight

:lol

I'd say complete because he has a horrible supporting cast and never gave up.

Cocaine80s
12-11-2014, 01:51 AM
Repped:applause:

DoodleDa
12-11-2014, 01:52 AM
:roll:

Holy shit, can't tell if you're overreacting or retarded.

Milbuck
12-11-2014, 01:54 AM
Harden sucked fat dick to close this game. 1-3 in the final 5 minutes, 2-5 in the 4th overall. While Klay blocked the shit out of him, lead his team in the 4th when GS went on a run that pulled the game out of reach.

Harden stays fooling people. 34 points overall, complete mess when his team needed him most. Deceptive piece of garbage.

I would love to see how people would've reacted if this was KD, Lebron, Kobe, etc. People would hold them accountable because they were/are GREAT players. The fact that people are climaxing over this game while he let his team down when it mattered most...laughable. Just laughable.

SyRyanYang
12-11-2014, 01:54 AM
He's definitely a top mvp candidate so far this season and he played like a true mvp in the first 3 quarters.

However, Klay dominated him in the clutch and Curry sealed the game for us while putting on 20/7/7, so there's that.

stalkerforlife
12-11-2014, 01:55 AM
Harden sucked fat dick to close this game. 1-3 in the final 5 minutes, 2-5 in the 4th overall. While Klay blocked the shit out of him, lead his team in the 4th when GS went on a run that pulled the game out of reach.

Harden stays fooling people. 34 points overall, complete mess when his team needed him most. Deceptive piece of garbage.

I would love to see how people would've reacted if this was KD, Lebron, Kobe, etc. People would hold them accountable. The fact that people are climaxing over this game while he let his team down when it mattered most...laughable. Just laughable.

Klay has the fortune of being irrelevant and his team still winning games.

Harden had to carry scrubs all night to keep it close. Simply ran out of gas.

stalkerforlife
12-11-2014, 01:57 AM
He's definitely a top mvp candidate so far this season and he played like a true mvp in the first 3 quarters.

However, Klay dominated him in the clutch and Curry sealed the game for us while putting on 20/7/7, so there's that.

Get real. Klay and any of those boys can play like trash for nearly an entire game and still win. They are loaded. Pick your poison. Harden has to carry scrubs on his back all night and simply ran out of gas.

SyRyanYang
12-11-2014, 01:58 AM

He had an off night and missed a bunch of wide open jumpers and still had 20/4/4, wouldn't call that irrelevant.

Smoke117
12-11-2014, 01:59 AM

I would love to see how people would've reacted if this was KD, Lebron, Kobe, etc. People would hold them accountable because they were/are GREAT players. The fact that people are climaxing over this game while he let his team down when it mattered most...laughable. Just laughable.

You're ****ing pathetic. Let it go. What the god awful **** of the world is your beef with James Harden? Stupid asshole.

YouGotServed
12-11-2014, 02:00 AM
Dude! Harden is unbelievable. The way he's carrying this team is just...no words. This is some Kobe 05-06 type shit right here, except Harden's team is winning a ton more games. I've never seen this before. Anyway, yeah he was amazing tonight. Stepping back for 3s like they're layups. :lol

I've been saying doe, top 3 MVP candidate. People didn't believe me but now they're starting to see. Harden is legit superstar status. There's no way to spin it.

Incredible stats, defense and amazing team record. :bowdown:

Cocaine80s
12-11-2014, 02:01 AM
You're ****ing pathetic. Let it go. What the god awful **** of the world is your beef with James Harden? Stupid asshole.
His girl probably had a train ran on her by the rockets

SyRyanYang
12-11-2014, 02:03 AM
Get real. Klay and any of those boys can play like trash for nearly an entire game and still win. They are loaded. Pick your poison. Harden has to carry scrubs on his back all night and simply ran out of gas.

Without Dwight and Jones, this Rockets team won 7 of their last 10 games, defeating teams like Suns, Mavs and Grizzlies. This team is loaded as well.

Without Bogut and Lee, we have very little production from our front court and Curry had to play almost 40 minutes tonight.

stalkerforlife
12-11-2014, 02:05 AM
Without Dwight and Jones, this Rockets team won 7 of their last 10 games, defeating teams like Suns, Mavs and Grizzlies. This team is loaded as well.

Without Bogut and Lee, we have very little production from our front court and Curry had to play almost 40 minutes tonight.

Because of James Harden.

ronnymac
12-11-2014, 02:05 AM
He was not even supposed to play tonight due to a bad back and still dropped 34-8-4 on over 50 percent shooting. Had we had dwight, jones, papaniKola and Cannan we would have easily won.

k0kakw0rld
12-11-2014, 02:06 AM

Harden disappeared down the stretch when his team of scrub needed him the most. Klay was in foul trouble again but finished with 21-4-4 and made key plays down the stretch including a block on Garden :D

Smook A.
12-11-2014, 02:06 AM

You're trolling now. Harden could've done more, but even when he had a nice game you still take your time to write your posts that totally shit his play. I honestly only see you come out with this Harden bullshit whenever he has a bad game or when he played like crap in a little stretch. Dude just came off of back spasms from Saturday night. Played like 40 minutes today and still put up 34/8/4/4. The guys around him were crap today. No one shot the ball good except Harden. He'd have to be ****ing God if he wanted us to win this game. Also, Houston was without 4 of their guys this game. I thought the Warriors were going to blow us out, but that didn't happen. We were close in the 4th, but it went downhill in the final few minutes. The fact that you still give James Harden crap after he played like that seriously means you need to find something else to do because this just made you look like a total stupid piece of shit.

Milbuck
12-11-2014, 02:08 AM
You're trolling now. Harden could've done more, but even when he had a nice game you still take your time to write your posts that totally shit his play. I honestly only see you come out with this Harden bullshit whenever he has a bad game or when he played like crap in a little stretch. Dude just came off of back spasms from Saturday night. Played like 40 minutes today and still put up 34/8/4/4. The guys around him were crap today. No one shot the ball good except Harden. He'd have to be ****ing God if he wanted us to win this game. Also, Houston was without 4 of their guys this game. I thought the Warriors were going to blow us out, but that didn't happen. We were close in the 4th, but it went downhill in the final few minutes. The fact that you still give James Harden crap after he played like that seriously means you need to find something else to do because this just made you look like a total piece of shit.
He couldn't do better than 1-3 in the final 5 minutes when the game was still winnable? He had to play like God to outdo that?

Back spasms, sore ******, blah blah blah. If he's on the court and capable of putting up 34/8/4, he's capable of closing a game out.

The standards for this guy are just laughable.

stalkerforlife
12-11-2014, 02:10 AM
I figured it out...

Milbuck can't grow facial hair.

Cocaine80s
12-11-2014, 02:13 AM
I figured it out...

Nor pubes.

Milbuck
12-11-2014, 02:13 AM
I figured it out...

:(

Smook A.
12-11-2014, 02:15 AM
He couldn't do better than 1-3 in the final 5 minutes when the game was still winnable? He had to play like God to outdo that?

Back spasms, sore ******, blah blah blah. If he's on the court and capable of putting up 34/8/4, he's capable of closing a game out.

The standards for this guy are just laughable.
Try coming back and dropping those numbers with back spasms. And you ever heard of the line "Fatigue gets to you at some point"? Clearly you haven't. Talking a bunch of baloney without experiencing any of the things these NBA players do, FOH. Harden played 40 minutes tonight... Fatigue got to him and you still give him crap. Watching the way Harden played this game, I knew no one was gonna shit on him, but when I got on... there was 0 surprise. Saw your name, saw your posts. You only came out when Harden did something wrong. Never saw you say shit when he was on. You're pathetic.

ronnymac
12-11-2014, 02:15 AM
You're trolling now. Harden could've done more, but even when he had a nice game you still take your time to write your posts that totally shit his play. I honestly only see you come out with this Harden bullshit whenever he has a bad game or when he played like crap in a little stretch. Dude just came off of back spasms from Saturday night. Played like 40 minutes today and still put up 34/8/4/4. The guys around him were crap today. No one shot the ball good except Harden. He'd have to be ****ing God if he wanted us to win this game. Also, Houston was without 4 of their guys this game. I thought the Warriors were going to blow us out, but that didn't happen. We were close in the 4th, but it went downhill in the final few minutes. The fact that you still give James Harden crap after he played like that seriously means you need to find something else to do because this just made you look like a total stupid piece of shit.dont even bother with him.i don't know what harden has done to this guy, but it must have been really bad to hold such un objective point of view.

Cocaine80s
12-11-2014, 02:17 AM
Milbuck is just trolling people hard :oldlol:

Honestly I doubt he hates Harden this much, but hes gone so far deep that theres no going back

rox4ever
12-11-2014, 02:36 AM
Harden is a better player than Curry and Thompson. If you replace Harden with either Curry or Thompson on the current depleted Rox squad, would they still be 16-5 in the West? Also, full Rox squad usually gives the Warriors fits.

J Shuttlesworth
12-11-2014, 02:43 AM
Milbuck is just trolling people hard :oldlol:

Honestly I doubt he hates Harden this much, but hes gone so far deep that theres no going back
Yeah wtf? Outside of talking about Harden, he generally seems level-headed.

Did Harden **** your mom :biggums:

YouGotServed
12-11-2014, 02:44 AM
Harden is a better player than Curry and Thompson. If you replace Harden with either Curry or Thompson on the current depleted Rox squad, would they still be 16-5 in the West? Also, full Rox squad usually gives the Warriors fits.

Excellent first post. Repped, brother.

lol

Hopper15
12-11-2014, 02:52 AM
Curry is more efficient than Harden. That's why he's going to finish ahead of Harden in the MVP voting.

bdreason
12-11-2014, 03:15 AM
Can't stand Harden, but I would never deny his talent. He's borderline unstoppable when he gets hot, and his defense is improved.

UK2K
12-11-2014, 03:15 AM
Curry is more efficient than Harden. That's why he's going to finish ahead of Harden in the MVP voting.
Curry's team allows him to be efficient.

He could take 10 shots at night and the warriors would still win.

Smoke117
12-11-2014, 03:16 AM
Can't stand Harden, but I would never deny his talent. He's borderline unstoppable when he gets hot, and his defense is improved.

That's...reasonable. What are you doing on this forum?

Inferno
12-11-2014, 03:25 AM

You're so angry all of a sudden :biggums:

Curry and Harden are comparable players, and I'm not going to say Harden's a tier above because he outperformed Steph in one game :coleman:

Inferno
12-11-2014, 03:26 AM
Oh, and Curry being the best shooter and one of the most skilled players in the game has nothing to do with him being efficient, nope. It's all his team :rolleyes:

Hopper15
12-11-2014, 03:27 AM

Yeah Curry being a great shooter has nothing to do with it.

bdreason
12-11-2014, 03:33 AM
I didn't realize Bogut didn't play. So Rockets were missing their starting Center and we were missing our entire starting front court. I'm surprised Harden didn't drop at least 40 with no Bogut.

Warfan
12-11-2014, 03:38 AM
You're so angry all of a sudden :biggums:

Curry and Harden are comparable players, and I'm not going to say Harden's a tier above because he outperformed Steph in one game :coleman:

Steph also thoroughly outplayed harden in Houston this season; 34/9/5/4 vs 8/24 shooting and 22pts. Doesn't matter apparently....They're probably in the same tier but id take steph, obviously it's close though.

Oh, and Curry being the best shooter and one of the most skilled players in the game has nothing to do with him being efficient, nope. It's all his team

:lol :applause: Steph's CAREER shooting 47/44/90, 1st season 46/44/89, 2nd season 48/44/93, or 3 seasons ago when he shot 45/45/90. He never was efficient before only now that he has a lot of talent around him. And he certainly doesn't help raise the level of his teammates play with the attention he draws, spacing he provides with his elite shooting and passing & playmaking ability.

ronnymac
12-11-2014, 03:45 AM
M
I didn't realize Bogut didn't play. So Rockets were missing their starting Center and we were missing our entire starting front court. I'm surprised Harden didn't drop at least 40 with no Bogut.
Houston was missing their front court to. Their starting center in dwight who is the best defensive big in the NBA averaging 19 and 12 boards to go with 2 blocks.they were missing Terrence jones their starting power forward averaging 14 and 7. They were missing their backup small forward in Papanikola and even his backup in Garcia. Not to mention Cannan who had 22 points in his last game and was the backup point guard. Despite all that they led and looked like the better team for the majority of the night.

From what I saw tonight the rockets were throwing makeshift lineups out there. They had harden guarding speight and nick Johnson guarding Barnes because of not having enough bodies and their backups avaliable

bdreason
12-11-2014, 03:49 AM
Houston was missing their front court to. Their starting center in dwight who is the best defensive big in the NBA averaging 19 and 12 boards to go with 2 blocks.they were missing Terrence jones their starting power forward averaging 14 and 7. They were missing their backup small forward in Papanikola and even his backup in Garcia. Not to mention Cannan who had 22 points in his last game and was the backup point guard. Despite all that they led and looked like the better team for the majority of the night.

Harden and the Rockets have been kicking our ass the past couple years, so that's not surprising. Besides the Spurs and Grizzlies, the Rockets are my least favorite team to play.

ronnymac
12-11-2014, 03:52 AM
Harden and the Rockets have been kicking our ass the past couple years, so that's not surprising. Besides the Spurs and Grizzlies, the Rockets are my least favorite team to play.
The Spurs are a different team to anyother team in the league in the playoffs. They just go to another gear.memphis are like that, but nowhere near as good as the spurs.

KyleKong
12-11-2014, 03:58 AM
He may be the better play but currently no MVP will be handed out to someone who is on a team that is a 5th seed.

UK2K
12-11-2014, 04:06 AM
Yeah Curry being a great shooter has nothing to do with it.
Curry is an elite shooter.

But he wouldn't be putting up those numbers playing along side D Leaguers and UDFA's like Harden is.

That's not even debatable.

What Harden has done, and is doing, with a team of outcasts and nobodies, to have them sitting at 16-5, is nothing short of incredible.

Like I said in the game thread, we won't know how good Houston is for at least another three weeks, probably until the all star break. It'll be that long before they start playing with a full team.

UK2K
12-11-2014, 04:07 AM
He may be the better play but currently no MVP will be handed out to someone who is on a team that is a 5th seed.

And that's the truth. I also said this in the game thread.

Right now Curry would be the MVP, but he's not the most valuable player. Hes just the best player on a stacked team.

Heavincent
12-11-2014, 04:11 AM
And that's the truth. I also said this in the game thread.

Right now Curry would be the MVP, but he's not the most valuable player. Hes just the best player on a stacked team.

That's the criteria for MVP though...it has always been the best player on the best team. That's why I say MVP is basically a team accomplishment.

Inferno
12-11-2014, 04:16 AM
Curry is an elite shooter.

But he wouldn't be putting up those numbers playing along side D Leaguers and UDFA's like Harden is.

That's not even debatable.

What Harden has done, and is doing, with a team of outcasts and nobodies, to have them sitting at 16-5, is nothing short of incredible.

Like I said in the game thread, we won't know how good Houston is for at least another three weeks, probably until the all star break. It'll be that long before they start playing with a full team.

Curry's been efficient his entire career, on good and bad teams. He averaged 24/9 on 47/42/89 shooting on a team as good as or worse than the Rockets last year.

YouGotServed
12-11-2014, 04:21 AM
Curry wouldn't be able to lead a team of Tarik Black, Motiejunas, Ariza and Terry to a 16-5 record in the Western Conference. How is this even debatable?

What's there to discuss?

bdreason
12-11-2014, 04:32 AM
I think it's hilarious when people say how "stacked" the Warriors are. If we were losing games, people would be talking about;

Overpaid Iggy only averaging 7/3/2.

Sophomore bust Harrison Barnes only averaging 11/3/1.

Hobbled-ass, one-dimensional, Andrew Bogut.

Who the fukc is Draymond Green?

Overpaid, always injured D. Lee can't even get on the court.

Leandro Barbosa is still in the NBA?

Instead, we are winning games, and now apparently Curry is being "carried" by the aforementioned team. :oldlol:

Don't get me wrong, I think we have a solid team, it's just interesting how much the narrative changes when you're winning games. I'm going to LMAO at the team that overpays Draymond Green in the off-season.

PsychoBe
12-11-2014, 04:32 AM
Curry wouldn't be able to lead a team of Tarik Black, Motiejunas, Ariza and Terry to a 16-5 record in the Western Conference. How is this even debatable?

What's there to discuss?

he didn't start the season with that roster :facepalm

and we have to look at their strength of schedule. they managed to beat the grizzlies but who else? didn't they lose to the spurs and almost lost to a completely depleted okc team?

bdreason
12-11-2014, 04:36 AM

What's there to discuss?

You guys have one impressive win (over Memphis at home) since Howard went out. Stop acting like Harden has been carrying scrubs all season.

UK2K
12-11-2014, 04:38 AM
I think it's hilarious when people say how "stacked" the Warriors are. If we were losing games, people would be talking about;

Overpaid Iggy only averaging 7/3/2.

Sophomore bust Harrison Barnes only averaging 11/3/1.

Hobbled-ass, one-dimensional, Andrew Bogut.

Who the fukc is Draymond Green?

Overpaid, always injured D. Lee can't even get on the court.

Leandro Barbosa is still in the NBA?

Instead, we are winning games, and now apparently Curry is being "carried" by the aforementioned team. :oldlol:

Don't get me wrong, I think we have a solid team, it's just interesting how much the narrative changes when you're winning games. I'm going to LMAO at the team that overpays Draymond Green in the off-season.

Did you not watch the Warriors last season?

Somehow you missed the memo on the talent they have.

UK2K
12-11-2014, 04:40 AM
You guys have one impressive win (over Memphis at home) since Howard went out. Stop acting like Harden has been carrying scrubs all season.
The win vs the Spurs and Dallas doesn't count?

The Rockets have been starting three second round picks the last three weeks. Seems pretty scrubby to me.

YouGotServed
12-11-2014, 04:48 AM

Cool assumption. I'd like to see facts, strength of schedule. I'm willing to bet Houston's SOS isn't that far off from Golden State's.

PS- We have also beaten Dallas. And Curry wouldnt be able to do what Harden is doing with said roster. Those are facts. Don't let facts get in your way doe.

oarabbus
12-11-2014, 04:51 AM

What's there to discuss?

Don't give a shit because he's playing with Klay, Draymond, Barnes, etc and is leading them to 18-2. I'll take it.

YouGotServed
12-11-2014, 04:57 AM
Look at SOS :oldlol:

http://espn.go.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS

The Warriors have had an easier schedule than the Rockets. So much for Houston only beating scrub teams.

Portland, Spurs and Dallas also have had an easier schedule.

So, shall we stay consistent then?

Golden State's record is fools gold and no one should be impressed. They are winning only because of their favorable schedule.

Is that how this works, ISH? :confusedshrug:

bdreason
12-11-2014, 04:57 AM
And Curry wouldnt be able to do what Harden is doing with said roster. Those are facts. Don't let facts get in your way doe.

That's an opinion, not a fact... but I agree that Harden's game is better suited to carrying an offense during the regular season; most specifically because of his ability to get into the paint, and finish with contact.

Come playoff time, gimme Curry all day though. When the whistles get quiet and the pressure starts rising... I don't trust Harden.

YouGotServed
12-11-2014, 04:59 AM
That's an opinion, not a fact... but I agree that Harden's game is better suited to carrying an offense during the regular season; most specifically because of his ability to get into the paint, and finish with contact.

Come playoff time, gimme Curry all day though. When the whistles get quiet and the pressure starts rising... I don't trust Harden.

And yet, both bounced in the first round last year. My facts getting in your way again, boy?

:confusedshrug:

bdreason
12-11-2014, 05:00 AM

The Warriors have had an easier schedule than the Rockets. So much for Houston only beating scrub teams.

Golden State's record is fools gold and no one should be impressed. They are winning only because of their favorable record.

And he had the best Center in the league with him for most of those games. Nobody is even arguing strength of schedule... only the idea that Harden has carried a bunch of scrubs to a 16-5 record like Rockets fans seem to be claiming.

bdreason
12-11-2014, 05:03 AM
And yet, both bounced in the first round last year. My facts getting in your way again, boy?

:confusedshrug:

You're the one who is getting all defensive over a regular season loss. Same shit happened last time we beat you guys (in Houston). Nothing but excuses.

See you in the playoffs.

UK2K
12-11-2014, 05:04 AM
And he had the best Center in the league with him for most of those games. Nobody is even arguing strength of schedule... only the idea that Harden has carried a bunch of scrubs to a 16-5 record like Rockets fans seem to be claiming.
Did he?

How many games has Dwight played this season? Do you even know the answer? (The answer is 10 out of 21, or, less than half).

DMo has scored more than Dwight. Canaan has almost scored more than Dwight.

No don't get it twisted, Harden is leading a team of scrubs.

YouGotServed
12-11-2014, 05:06 AM

No, he didn't have Howard for most of those games. It's like you're purposely posting false statement after false statement because you enjoy being so wrong all the time. :oldlol:

Tarik Black is a scrub. D-Mo just started playing good a few games ago, before that he'd been a scrub his whole career. Before the season started Jason Terry was considered a scrub. So yes, Harden is leading a team of nobodies to one of the best records in the NBA.

That is fact. There is no way to spin this.

PsychoBe
12-11-2014, 05:08 AM

Golden State's record is fools gold and no one should be impressed. They are winning only because of their favorable record.

that is correct, but their margin of victory has been impressive as well. none the less, it's way too early to feed into the hype machine for any team, this includes the rockets and harden's play that you are so proud of.

games get tougher when the season winds down, and eventually every schedule evens out. the nuggets won 55 games just 2 years ago and were bounced in the first round by the warriors.

when it comes to the warriors, rockets, dallas, and portland we are all holding our breaths. because come post-season time, we don't know for sure what we're going to get.

the spurs will pick it up, okc will pick it up, and the clippers will pick it up. the rest will be question marks until proven otherwise and regular season win totals does not prove anything.

bdreason
12-11-2014, 05:09 AM
9-0 with Howard.

7-5 without Howard.

So Harden has the Rockets one game over .500 without Howard, with the only real impressive win coming against Memphis at home.

Look, Harden is a great player, but the "carrying scrubs" narrative is hilarious. Could Curry go 7-5 with the same roster? Against the Wolves, Knicks, Kings, Bucks, Suns, Mavs, Lakers, and Grizz?

Probably.

YouGotServed
12-11-2014, 05:12 AM
You're the one who is getting all defensive over a regular season loss. Same shit happened last time we beat you guys (in Houston). Nothing but excuses.

See you in the playoffs.

What does this have to do with what I said? It seemed like you were trying to discredit Harden's game by saying it doesn't work in the playoffs while Curry's does. Just a quick reality check that's all.

Both teams bounced in the first round last year.

YouGotServed
12-11-2014, 05:17 AM
that is correct, but their margin of victory has been impressive as well. none the less, it's way too early to feed into the hype machine for any team, this includes the rockets and harden's play that you are so proud of.

games get tougher when the season winds down, and eventually every schedule evens out. the nuggets won 55 games just 2 years ago and were bounced in the first round by the warriors.

when it comes to the warriors, rockets, dallas, and portland we are all holding our breaths. because come post-season time, we don't know for sure what we're going to get.

the spurs will pick it up, okc will pick it up, and the clippers will pick it up. the rest will be question marks until proven otherwise and regular season win totals does not prove anything.

Good post. I agree with almost every point except the one about the Clippers. I mean, they've never made it to the conference finals.

Only legit scary teams in the West are the Spurs, Grizzlies and Thunder...If healthy.

bdreason
12-11-2014, 05:18 AM
What does this have to do with what I said? It seemed like you were trying to discredit Harden's game by saying it doesn't work in the playoffs while Curry's does. Just a quick reality check that's all.

Both teams bounced in the first round last year.

The only thing I'm trying to discredit is this idea that Harden is on another level than Curry. The idea that Harden is carrying a scrubby ass team, while Curry is only winning because his team is stacked. Maybe you missed the thread title?

dunksby
12-11-2014, 05:20 AM

This is getting old, you feel irrelevant to this forum if you don't keep up your hating on Harden so you cling so hard to it. Time to let go.

YouGotServed
12-11-2014, 05:22 AM
The only thing I'm trying to discredit is this idea that Harden is on another level than Curry. The idea that Harden is carrying a scrubby ass team, while Curry is only winning because his team is stacked. Maybe you missed the thread title?

But, Curry's team IS stacked and Harden IS leading a team of nobodies to one of the best records in the league all while playing a tougher schedule than the Warriors?

You probably didn't read the whole thread bro.

PsychoBe
12-11-2014, 05:31 AM
Good post. I agree with almost every point except the one about the Clippers. I mean, they've never made it to the conference finals.

Only legit scary teams in the West are the Spurs, Grizzlies and Thunder...If healthy.

i agree about the clippers only when they match-up against a team like the grizzlies. i think memphis's frontcourt is too much for the clippers, and their style of play is the anti-thesis to what they do.

still i have to cringe when people say the west has never been stronger. it has depth but at the end of the day, we all know it's going to be the spurs vs okc again unless something catastrophic happens. they are just head and shoulders above the rest of the teams.

back in the early 2000's, we're talking about teams like the blazers, the lakers, the kings, the jazz, and the spurs were all capable of winning titles during that time if they got out the west. the only team we know for sure that is capable of winning a title regardless of the competition that comes out of the east is the spurs. okc didn't come close and the rest depends on whether its against cleveland or not.

oarabbus
12-11-2014, 05:32 AM
But, Curry's team IS stacked and Harden IS leading a team of nobodies to one of the best records in the league all while playing a tougher schedule than the Warriors?

Maybe you shouldn't be rostering a bunch of scrubs then. Sounds like your GM screwed up.

UK2K
12-11-2014, 05:35 AM
9-0 with Howard.

7-5 without Howard.

So Harden has the Rockets one game over .500 without Howard, with the only real impressive win coming against Memphis at home.

Look, Harden is a great player, but the "carrying scrubs" narrative is hilarious. Could Curry go 7-5 with the same roster? Against the Wolves, Knicks, Kings, Bucks, Suns, Mavs, Lakers, and Grizz?

Probably.

7-5 without Howard, Jones, Beverley for 7 of those games, papanikilou for 5 of those games, Canaan for two of those games.

Tarik Black has played as many minutes as Howard. You know, the undrafted free agent? Didn't even get drafted. Yeah he's been the starting center the last three weeks.

I don't know what you see in the rockets roster, but you're the only one.

YouGotServed
12-11-2014, 05:36 AM
Maybe you shouldn't be rostering a bunch of scrubs then. Sounds like your GM screwed up.

Or maybe all the good players have been plagued by injuries. Why are you Warriors fans almost always wrong about everything Rockets related?

UK2K

You're right. He should find players who are immune to injury.

Stupid Morey.

bdreason

7-5 without Howard with a favorable schedule during that span of games. I'm not sure I would consider that "leading a team of nobodies to one of the best records in the league". I would consider that holding serve... and claiming that Steph Curry is somehow incapable of achieving such a feat is laughable at best.

bdreason
12-11-2014, 05:39 AM

Seriously, they're making me feel great about our chances. Team full of scrubs + Harden apparently. They sound more like Lakers fans trying to prop up Kobe. :oldlol:

YouGotServed
12-11-2014, 05:40 AM
7-5 without Howard with a favorable schedule during that span of games. I'm not sure I would consider that "leading a team of nobodies to one of the best records in the league". I would consider that holding serve... and claiming that Steph Curry is somehow incapable of achieving such a feat is laughable at best.

OK. It's a silly hypothetical anyway. Here's what we do know.

Golden State had had an easier schedule.
That's a fact backed up by empirical evidence.

Golden State has been blessed with health a lot more.

Golden State IS stacked.
Harden IS leading a team of nobodies to an amazing 16-5 record while putting up MVP type numbers.

This last two aren't hyoothticals, those are facts by consensus.

Agree?

LoneyROY7
12-11-2014, 06:00 AM

Golden State's record is fools gold and no one should be impressed. They are winning only because of their favorable schedule.

Clips have had a tougher schedule than both of ya f*cks.

We coming for that numba 1 spot. :rockon:

livinglegend
12-11-2014, 06:30 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :applause: