PDA

View Full Version : Everyone's talking about all these stars and Westbrook is putting up the best stats..

russwest0
12-11-2014, 04:25 AM
in the NBA right now.

24/7/5 on the best efficiency of his career and he's doing all of this while playing 28 minutes a ****ing game. The amount of USG rate that equates to is absolutely insane. Not to mention his defense has been god tier so far.

I told you all this would happen. OKC lost the veteran scrub trio of Fisher, Butler, Sefolosha this offseason and now the team is basically built perfectly around Westbrook. Morrow is a great fit. PJ3 is a great fit. Lamb can produce off the bench. Etc.

I don't see Westbrook's production slowing down at all. Especially if OKC stays healthy and continues to grow together. Right now OKC has 7 guys averaging over 10 PPG. Insane compared to how shit their veteran bench was last year. And Perkins ironically is playing the best ball in his OKC career coming off the bench. Who saw that coming other than everyone in the world but Brooks?

Westbrook could legit finish the year with a 30+ PER. So much for all of you dumbasses who would constantly shit on him for not passing Sefolosha, Fisher, and Butler the ball more often. Ask Pistons and Hawks fans how those two players are doing... :roll:

Cocaine80s
12-11-2014, 04:27 AM
Vs:

NY
NO
PHI
DET
MIL

For someone who constantly complains about the eastern conference you sure have no problem bragging about these stats huh? :oldlol:

YouGotServed
12-11-2014, 04:27 AM
Those are basically hardens numbers for the season so far. lmao

Harden4MVP.

TheMilkyBarKid
12-11-2014, 04:29 AM
Westbrook plays with little control. It makes him very hard to guard when he's having a good night. I feel it also holds back the team AT TIMES.

russwest0
12-11-2014, 04:30 AM
Vs:

NY
NO
PHI
DET
MIL

For someone who constantly complains about the eastern conference you sure have no problem bragging about these stats huh? :oldlol:

you left out Portland who he absolutely demolished w/o Durant.

But next off, listen up.

OKC last year had a stretch where they were 24-2 in games with Westbrook/Durant both playing. The reason that didn't sustain? Brooks did the usual fall back on his vets bullshit towards the end of the year.

He can't do that this year and OKC is a clearly better team than last year. Not to mention hungrier.

ThatCoolKid
12-11-2014, 04:31 AM
Regression to the mean, bud. It's not gonna last.

russwest0

Harden4MVP.

Can't wait until April when Houston fans all disappear from ISH right after Harden dissapears in the playoffs :lol

you've never seen such a mediocre team's fanbase talk so much shit, I swear.

No, losing in the first round year after year isn't worth shit.

Collie

Harden4MVP.

In 28 mpg.

russwest0
12-11-2014, 04:32 AM
Regression to the mean, bud. It's not gonna last.

The **** are you talking about?

These are the numbers he's been putting up since the all star break through the playoffs last year.

russwest0
12-11-2014, 04:39 AM
****ing hilarious how much Westbrook gets put down for seemingly no reason at all.

This guy just came off a tour of demolishing Conley, Paul, and Parker in the playoffs and people are still trying to claim this quality of competition bullshit.

Two most underrated aspects of his game right now are posting up and his passing. He's able to pull off some of the most ridiculous passes I've seen. Off hand lazers that are pin-point, behind the back passes inbetween two defenders across half the court, etc...

And his posting up... his combo of strength/speed/power/skill must be unbearable for any other PG in the league right now.

oarabbus
12-11-2014, 05:07 AM
Westbrook is amazing. His time will come man, OKC's record is still struggling from early season.

YouGotServed
12-11-2014, 05:26 AM
Can't wait until April when Houston fans all disappear from ISH right after Harden dissapears in the playoffs :lol

Cool story. Now tell me how many finals appearances you've had in the post James Harden era.

russwest0
12-11-2014, 05:41 AM
Westbrook is amazing. His time will come man, OKC's record is still struggling from early season.

dude does nothing but play with passion on the court and keep to himself off of it and get constant praise from his teammates/coaches yet in the media he constantly gets a bunch of hate.

it's so stupid. guy is out there making MVP D Rose look like a homeless man's version of himself.

AintNoSunshine
12-11-2014, 06:11 AM
And how many games did he play?

Exactly so stfu.

russwest0
12-11-2014, 06:18 AM
And how many games did he play?

Exactly so stfu.

Doesn't matter dumbass, he's been doing this since the all star break last year.

And once he keeps doing this while playing more games you retards will just change the question to some other dumb ass shit, never giving credit where it's due.

keep-itreal
12-11-2014, 06:35 AM
His jumper is still inconsistent.

Budadiiii
12-11-2014, 06:55 AM

Rat poison.

Kblaze8855
12-11-2014, 09:58 AM
Doesn't matter dumbass, he's been doing this since the all star break last year.

And once he keeps doing this while playing more games you retards will just change the question to some other dumb ass shit, never giving credit where it's due.

If course it matters. Nobody is gonna put up those numbers in those minutes for a season. Not now not ever. Obvious small sample based aberration.

russwest0
12-16-2014, 01:17 PM
Where are all the people at who said it was a small sample size and shit Meanwhile Westbrook has actually improved his stats since this thread was made... :lol

His jumper looks better, he looks more in control, his defense looks better, his post game has became damn near unguardable....

Sorry to break it to you Westbrook haters, but he ain't slowing down.

stalkerforlife
12-16-2014, 01:26 PM
We just need to see Westbrook do this for an entire season and get to the finals.

russwest0
12-16-2014, 01:33 PM
We just need to see Westbrook do this for an entire season and get to the finals.

This time around maybe if he scores 43 points in the finals it wont come on just 3 FTA while he's being hacked constantly.

ninephive
12-16-2014, 02:26 PM
****ing hilarious how much Westbrook gets put down for seemingly no reason at all.

This guy just came off a tour of demolishing Conley, Paul, and Parker in the playoffs and people are still trying to claim this quality of competition bullshit.

Two most underrated aspects of his game right now are posting up and his passing. He's able to pull off some of the most ridiculous passes I've seen. Off hand lazers that are pin-point, behind the back passes inbetween two defenders across half the court, etc...

And his posting up... his combo of strength/speed/power/skill must be unbearable for any other PG in the league right now.
Lol, you mean the series where he shot his team out of the playoffs again?! Hahahahaha, freaking .407 from the field...please come see me when Parker puts up that type of garbage and costs the Spurs a series. Especially when you have the MVP in Durant shooting .475 (almost as good as Parker did in the series), but yet Westbrook is jacking up terrible 3's at the end of game 6 and getting blocked on layups that could send you to game 6 and AVERAGING 4 turnovers a game. Please come see me when Parker does that "for" the Spurs.

ninephive
12-16-2014, 02:30 PM
Where are all the people at who said it was a small sample size and shit Meanwhile Westbrook has actually improved his stats since this thread was made... :lol

His jumper looks better, he looks more in control, his defense looks better, his post game has became damn near unguardable....

Sorry to break it to you Westbrook haters, but he ain't slowing down.
...which is his problem.

Jlamb47
12-16-2014, 02:34 PM
Westbrook has been unbeleivable and i honestly think OKC is the only team that can knock my spurs come playoff time. Rockets, and Golden State are 2 teams playing very good but i think OKC and Spurs > when game is going to slow down. Portland & Dallas are good but i think OKC would run through them and Memphis is probably OKC other best competition in the playoff. Gasol + Randolph would give them troubles but Durant and Westbrook seem to be maturing more. Durant has been looking very patient in his game, Westbrook just gonna Westbrook

ninephive
12-16-2014, 02:37 PM
Just for the fun of it, I went back to the 2012 Spurs/Thunder series. Aside from the obvious ridiculous officiating in Game 6, how in the world did the Thunder win that series with Westbrick shooting .378 from the field?!?!

Parker: 21.5 on .481
Westbrick: 18.2 on .378

Thankfully for him, Durant, Harden, and Ibaka shot lights out and carried his dead-weight to the Finals, where he actually improved to .433 shooting, which is actually ABOVE his playoff career average.

ninephive
12-16-2014, 02:43 PM
This time around maybe if he scores 43 points in the finals it wont come on just 3 FTA while he's being hacked constantly.
Oh please...just for comparison:

Career FTA/game:

Parker: 4.1 RS / 4.6 Playoffs
Westbrook: 6.3 RS / 7.3 Playoffs

And Parker shoots/scores more in the paint at that. Westbrook is just a bull in a china closet that goes in trying to get the whistle (and as the stats show, usually does), whereas Parker actually finishes at the rim.

stalkerforlife
12-16-2014, 04:33 PM

True.

J Shuttlesworth
12-16-2014, 04:43 PM
I'm just glad OKC figured out the recipe for success. Durant taking a backseat to Westbrook has been working out great :applause: