PDA

View Full Version : Henry Abbot article revisited.

navy
12-11-2014, 10:56 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11717596/is-kobe-bryant-reason-los-angeles-lakers-downfall

So how much truth did Abbot spew in that article? Obviously he's a Kobe hater, but man I got to say for all the criticism he took for this article, he got it right on the money.

I think most of the blame should be put on the management, but you cannot deny that with Kobe their strings are tied. They arent allowed to tank and arent going to win. They are in a middle ground. Middle as in terrible. But the Lakers for all intent in purpose still lead the league in revenue generated, so Kobe is in that respect owed money. And let's be honest free agents have no reason to sign in LA, partly because of Kobe.

Honestly Kobe needs to chuck and get as many points as possible and be remember for his accomplishments. These last two years are gonna be ugly.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-11-2014, 10:56 PM
Greatest writer of our generation

dubeta
12-11-2014, 10:57 PM
If there was a constitution of basketball, Abbot's article should be the opening chapter

MastaKilla
12-11-2014, 10:59 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11717596/is-kobe-bryant-reason-los-angeles-lakers-downfall

So how much truth did Abbot spew in that article? Obviously he's a Kobe hater, but man I got to say for all the criticism he took for this article, he got it right on the money.

I think most of the blame should be put on the management, but you cannot deny that with Kobe their strings are tied. They arent allowed to tank and arent going to win. They are in a middle ground. Middle as in terrible. But the Lakers for all intent in purpose still lead the league in revenue generated, so Kobe is in that respect owed money. And let's be honest free agents have no reason to sign in LA, partly because of Kobe.

Honestly Kobe needs to chuck and get as many points as possible and be remember for his accomplishments. These last two years are gonna be ugly.

please go on..

kennethgriffin
12-11-2014, 11:00 PM
didn't everyone who was mentioned in the article refutewhat he said. I seem to remember a lot of people coming forward and disagreeing with the article

navy
12-11-2014, 11:04 PM
didn't everyone who was mentioned in the article refutewhat he said. I seem to remember a lot of people coming forward and disagreeing with the article
The only part of the article that could be refuted like that is the part about Kobe being a bad teammate who nobody wants to play with. That is entirely dependent on the individual, who im sure you could find people on both sides on the coin.

Everything else seems sound though.

Dr.J4ever
12-11-2014, 11:09 PM
The only part of the article that could be refuted like that is the part about Kobe being a bad teammate who nobody wants to play with. That is entirely dependent on the individual, who im sure you could find people on both sides on the coin.

Everything else seems sound though.

Subsequent events are showing he was right on the money. He quoted league insiders and Laker insiders. Unless he made it all up, which seems unlikely to me, he was right on. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Financially, Kobe is carrying the Lakers, just like Abott said, basketball wise, and in terms of their future, he's taking them down the tubes.

gts
12-11-2014, 11:11 PM
Phil Jackson‏@PhilJackson11
henry abbott your @espn kobe article is absolute garbage and a blatant irresponsible attack.

Paul George @Yg_Trece
Now how crazy does that Kobe story sound to you ? #MediaReachingAgain

MastaKilla
12-11-2014, 11:12 PM
I'd love to know how Kobe's contract is crippling the Lakers when the trio of Jordan Hill, Lin & Steve Nash make more than Tony Parker, Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green & Manu combined.

Lakers just haven't spent their money outside of Kobe wisely so far.

Akrazotile
12-11-2014, 11:21 PM
Phil Jackson‏@PhilJackson11
henry abbott your @espn kobe article is absolute garbage and a blatant irresponsible attack.

Paul George @Yg_Trece
Now how crazy does that Kobe story sound to you ? #MediaReachingAgain

Guess Phil doesnt like people plagiarizing from his book

MastaKilla
12-11-2014, 11:22 PM
Guess Phil doesnt like people plagiarizing from his book

you mean his latest book where he said the only reason he came back to the nba in the mid 2000's was to coach Kobe?

longtime lurker
12-11-2014, 11:47 PM
Subsequent events are showing he was right on the money. He quoted league insiders and Laker insiders. Unless he made it all up, which seems unlikely to me, he was right on. Where there's smoke, there's fire.

Financially, Kobe is carrying the Lakers, just like Abott said, basketball wise, and in terms of their future, he's taking them down the tubes.

What? He's been exposed as a fraud and a liar. He has nothing substantial to back his article. Anyone with half a clue should be blaming management. They're the ones that offered Kobe that contract and they're the ones that decided waste their assets on bums like Lin, Jordan Hill, Boozer and Nick Young. They aren't even trying to put a watchable product on the court.