PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Carmelo Anthony will consider waiving no-trade clause

Kidbasketball20
12-12-2014, 03:28 AM
Five months after swearing his allegiance to New York and signing a five-year, $124 million contract, sources told The Post the All-Star forward would be open to dropping his no-trade clause if team president Phil Jackson strikes a deal with a team Anthony would like to play for.

Part of Anthony

ImKobe
12-12-2014, 03:31 AM
lol this is all about nothing.

He's not going to waive his no-trade clause less than 2 months into the season..he knew this season was going to be medicore at best with the roster they have after trading away one of the best defensive bigs in the game...+ the team isn't going to learn the triangle within the first 20 games.

KingLeBronJames
12-12-2014, 03:31 AM
Already turning his back on his hometown.

Smook A.
12-12-2014, 03:32 AM
Melo was a chump for choosing the Knicks anyway...

This brings up the question. Where will he fit the best?
Chicago? Nah, they don't need him. He'll most likely ruin what they currently have going.
Houston? Psh. Don't want him, don't need him.
Lakers? Meh.

Milbuck
12-12-2014, 03:33 AM
[QUOTE=Kidbasketball20]If Jackson looks to trade Anthony, the Bulls would be the obvious candidate. They pursued him heavily in the offseason, and the new documentary on his free agency tour depicted how close Anthony came to asking Jackson for a sign-and-trade to Chicago since he didn

EveryManALion
12-12-2014, 03:35 AM
No way he waives it. Rumors.

Kidbasketball20
12-12-2014, 03:37 AM
No way he waives it. Rumors.

Only an idiot would deny a trade to a contending team when he gets more money if he gets traded.

EveryManALion
12-12-2014, 03:42 AM
Only an idiot would deny a trade to a contending team when he gets more money if he gets traded.

And Melo is an idiot.

Kidbasketball20
12-12-2014, 03:49 AM
And Melo is an idiot.

Someone from his team just leaked he'd waive his no trade clause to a contending team.

He may be an idiot, but his team is not gonna let Melo suffer the wrath of being the first max contract player to be on the worst team in basketball in NBA history.

Cocaine80s
12-12-2014, 03:57 AM
Waiters+Dellevadova+Thompson for Melo

Kyrie
Lebron
Melo
Love
Verajao

Not quite as stacked as spurs/warriors/okc but should still get the job done

EveryManALion
12-12-2014, 04:05 AM

Kyrie
Lebron
Melo
Love
Verajao

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just what Bran needs, more help, You know there is only one ball right?

Cocaine80s
12-12-2014, 04:09 AM

Just what Bran needs, more help, You know there is only one ball right?
I was being sarcastic

Akrazotile
12-12-2014, 04:10 AM
I cant see any contender wanting him tbh.

ThatCoolKid
12-12-2014, 04:10 AM

Kyrie
Lebron
Melo
Love
Verajao

This makes the Cavs worse. No way that they do this.

EveryManALion
12-12-2014, 04:11 AM
I was being sarcastic

My bad, some delusional posts here.

jimmy77x
12-12-2014, 04:11 AM
Melo Just doesn't like sharing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECBFTdh_ogs

EveryManALion
12-12-2014, 04:16 AM

kennethgriffin
12-12-2014, 04:21 AM
melo for Lin/randle/nash contract

http://i57.tinypic.com/2mhwp5u.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/e6aq7n.jpg

Eric Cartman
12-12-2014, 04:45 AM
Melo still looking to collude with Lebron :facepalm

dubeta
12-12-2014, 04:50 AM
melo for Lin/randle/nash contract

Kobe's legacy is already teetering on the edge, another collusion would ruin it

andremiller07
12-12-2014, 04:54 AM

Holy **** that's hilarious

Rooster
12-12-2014, 05:34 AM
New Orleans will probably take him if Knicks is willing to get Gordon and Tyreke Evans. I just think Melo should stick around because Knicks has a cap room next year for a max player.

dunksby
12-12-2014, 06:20 AM
Who will pick up his contract anyway?

ROCSteady
12-12-2014, 06:22 AM
Lakers will pick up Melo & Rondo for Kobe's final season.

Nash
12-12-2014, 06:26 AM
Knicks and Lakers should help each other out.

Hill
Randle
1st round pick
Nash

for

Melo
JR

Knicks get expiring contracts and youth + get rid of bad contracts while Lakers get Melo.

SamuraiSWISH
12-12-2014, 06:28 AM
Now he has all this conflict on the Knicks. This guy was a fool for not coming to Chicago. Was tailor made in basketball heaven for him. Shame he lets his wife Ms. Honey Nut Cheerios wear the pants. He'd still be making great money.

Haymaker
12-12-2014, 07:42 AM
Would be funny if he ended up in Brooklyn. Melo for JJ.

Human Error
12-12-2014, 07:42 AM
Some idiotic teams will still take a chance on him only to regret like hell and have hard time trading him away. Some people just never learn.

Nash
12-12-2014, 08:01 AM
Now he has all this conflict on the Knicks. This guy was a fool for not coming to Chicago. Was tailor made in basketball heaven for him. Shame he lets his wife Ms. Honey Nut Cheerios wear the pants. He'd still be making great money.
why? He's getting paid max and has a no trade clause which he can waive if a good trade comes along and still keep the money.

Blue&Orange
12-12-2014, 08:05 AM
Hopefully the new cap value thanks to the new TV deal will make Melo contract perfectly tradable.

HOoopCityJones
12-12-2014, 08:08 AM
Worst part is Chicago would probably still gut their roster for him, just off the ticket sale boost alone.

Tarik One
12-12-2014, 08:25 AM
Worst part is Chicago would probably still gut their roster for him, just off the ticket sale boost alone.
Why? The Bulls mgmt have no history of making moves like that. They are smarter than that.

kurple
12-12-2014, 08:54 AM
Already turning his back on his hometown.
Baltimore?

nathanjizzle
12-12-2014, 09:02 AM

why? the bulls have no problem selling tickets. They moved on pretty quick after melo made his decision so i hope they dont go back to considering. Plus the emergence of jimmy butler and how well gasol is playing i doubt they trade our players away for melo.

bluechox2
12-12-2014, 09:21 AM
send him back to denver

3peated
12-12-2014, 09:25 AM
he's too old and is paid too much. i'd be surprised if anyone but the retarded nets tries to make something happen.

nathanjizzle
12-12-2014, 09:27 AM
send him back to denver

nah i got a better idea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny4a-oxOndo

Lebronxrings
12-12-2014, 09:28 AM
i thought he was loyal? :eek:

Dude selling out on his hometown. Time to collude!

Real Men Wear Green
12-12-2014, 09:32 AM
Rose for Anthony. Who says no?

nathanjizzle
12-12-2014, 09:46 AM
Rose for Anthony. Who says no?

:coleman:

Beastmode88
12-12-2014, 09:49 AM
i thought he was loyal? :eek:

Dude selling out on his hometown. Time to collude!

We're talking about Melo here not bran, wrong thread sir.

MrRogers
12-12-2014, 09:52 AM
Send him to the Lakers. What do both teams have to lose? Phil send his bae an exceptional talent for Kobe, Knicks can get some quality role players and start from ground zero, Melo lives in LA during the off season. Do it!

R.I.P.
12-12-2014, 09:56 AM
Well Adrian Woj said it in July.

Melo thinks take the money now, get traded later and with the no trade clause he can even choose the destination. LOL.

Although the absolute bomb would be, if

1.) Phil Jackson got himself 50 million dollars
2.) Got Melo 130 million dollars
3.) Got Fisher 30 million dollars

..and then traded Melo to his girlfriend for 20 cents on the dollar. :roll:

GimmeThat
12-12-2014, 10:23 AM
so after getting the most expensive dish on the menu, he is also now considering dessert.

so alpha.

kurple
12-12-2014, 10:29 AM
send him back to denver
what do you want back?

Mozgov, Gallo and Nate? + a couple of 2nds

Patrick Chewing
12-12-2014, 11:01 AM
Any deal including Melo would surely be to a contender as he has the power to veto a trade to a scrub team like Denver.

The return for the Knicks would most certainly have to be draft picks throughout the next couple of years plus some expirers. I would assume the Knicks would have no problem throwing in J.R. or Shump in there as well to sweeten the deal.

Guarantee you he goes to a Western Conference team unless there is a mutual love affair in Chicago. I can see Dallas, Los Angeles, Memphis and maybe San Antonio.

Could Miami pull off a trade for him? I'll gladly take Napier :D

christian1923
12-12-2014, 11:11 AM
Any deal including Melo would surely be to a contender as he has the power to veto a trade to a scrub team like Denver.

The return for the Knicks would most certainly have to be draft picks throughout the next couple of years plus some expirers. I would assume the Knicks would have no problem throwing in J.R. or Shump in there as well to sweeten the deal.

Guarantee you he goes to a Western Conference team unless there is a mutual love affair in Chicago. I can see Dallas, Los Angeles, Memphis and maybe San Antonio.

Miami would be instant contenders :bowdown:

ALBballer
12-12-2014, 11:11 AM
Which teams have the contracts to move without completely dismantling the roster?

Bulls:

Noah
Mirotic
Dunleavy
Fillers

for

Melo
-----

kurple
12-12-2014, 11:21 AM

Dallas; nope, not after they paid Parsons
Los Angeles; I hope you mean the Clippers cause the Lakers aint no contender
Memphis; lol, fvck no. Why would they risk ruining what they have spent years building?
San Antonio; HAHAHAHAHAHA

i seriously doubt he gets traded at all

kenny817
12-12-2014, 11:22 AM
Which teams have the contracts to move without completely dismantling the roster?

Bulls:

Noah
Mirotic
Dunleavy
Fillers

for

Melo
-----

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Stopped reading at "Noah"

kurple
12-12-2014, 11:22 AM
lawson and melo would lead the nuggets to the WCF's. but the chances of him returning is about 1%

kurple
12-12-2014, 11:23 AM

Denver, we have young talent, veterans, expirings, large contracts, small contracts, draft picks

nathanjizzle
12-12-2014, 11:25 AM

Bulls:

Noah
Mirotic
Dunleavy
Fillers

for

Melo
-----

maybe dunleavy and fillers. but then again i wouldnt even want melo on the team period.

atljonesbro
12-12-2014, 11:28 AM
Can't believe I wanted this bum on the Hawks to start the year. I wouldn't even trade Korver for him at this point

ALBballer
12-12-2014, 11:46 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Stopped reading at "Noah"

Why Noah has been banged up this year and is injury prone and is more expendable with the addition of Gasol.

kenny817
12-12-2014, 11:46 AM
Can't believe I wanted this bum on the Hawks to start the year. I wouldn't even trade Korver for him at this point

Negged

Hey Yo
12-12-2014, 11:55 AM
Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley 29 minutes ago

Carmelo's agent says the idea that he is waiving his no-trade clause to leave the #Knicks is "nonsense." More here: http://es.pn/13gmmDA

Ian Begley ‏@IanBegley 24 minutes ago

Carmelo: "After all the work I did to get here and get back here? If I was to get up and want to leave now that would just make me weak."

dazzer87
12-12-2014, 11:57 AM
Melo to Lakers....make it happen Mitch.....:bowdown:

christian1923
12-12-2014, 11:58 AM

He has to deny it. Doesn't mean it's not true

Real14
12-12-2014, 12:00 PM

If he means it then I see this as being hardcore shots straight to Lebron's face.

Hey Yo
12-12-2014, 12:04 PM
He has to deny it. Doesn't mean it's not true
Just because a newspaper puts something in writing, doesn't mean it's true.

Until Melo comes out, pulls a Kobe and goes public with it, then it's nothing more than hearsay.

MellowYellow
12-12-2014, 12:40 PM
I don't believe the rumors at all, but Phoenix would be the perfect trade scenario for both teams.

pastis
12-12-2014, 12:45 PM
I don't believe the rumors at all, but Phoenix would be the perfect trade scenario for both teams.

will he switch to WC? serious question. in the WC every playoff round is heavy fight.
in the EC the fight starts in the conference finals. so i gues melo will stay in the east.
or could you see any team in the east, besides the cleveland cavaliers, winning a 7 game series against the top 8 in the west?

Nash
12-12-2014, 12:50 PM
If he means it then I see this as being hardcore shots straight to Lebron's face.
Under no circumstances does Melo have the right to call out Lebron at anything.

iznogood
12-12-2014, 01:04 PM
How is this perfect for Phoenix, they already have enough chukers and need a good PF.

hawksdogsbraves
12-12-2014, 01:21 PM
will he switch to WC? serious question. in the WC every playoff round is heavy fight.
in the EC the fight starts in the conference finals. so i gues melo will stay in the east.
or could you see any team in the east, besides the cleveland cavaliers, winning a 7 game series against the top 8 in the west?

Yeah but he can't even MAKE the playoffs with the Knicks, much less the ECF.

FireDavidKahn
12-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Melo is the worst superstar in the history of the league

beastee
12-12-2014, 01:50 PM
This was his plan from the start. Get the HUGE paycheck, look like a hometown hero, and then use a horrible team as an excuse to get out. Problem is the Bulls are not going to trade away their great team for him NOW. Ship sailed Melo, you are gonna be stuck on this POS team.

SwishSquared
12-12-2014, 01:59 PM
How is this perfect for Phoenix, they already have enough chukers and need a good PF.
FWIW, Melo mostly outplayed BG and LMA last season in their matchups. Melo played a lot of PF last season. Defensively, I don't know how he'll hold up, but they do have two young Cs who are still developing and could be good rim protectors.

But they'd have a ton of chuckers on this team. Still don't know if they'd make the playoffs. Morris is a better defender, but what would Phoenix give up in terms of players? They have a ton of young guys (Ennis, Goodwin, Warren, etc.) still on cheap deals.

Melo done goofed when he didn't tell Phil to get him to Chicago. Since NYK are gonna be in the lottery anyway, you don't think that a package of
Boozer + Dunleavy + other expiring flotsam + 2014 #16 + future Kings' pick (which could convey this season) wouldn't have been a better situation for building a team? They'd be all-in for a top 4 pick this season and could get a potential star in a dude like Towns. If that Kings' pick conveys, they'd potentially have two lotto picks.

No guarantee that the young guys pan out, but that's better imo than hoping that Marc Gasol wants to leave a contender to play on a dysfunctional squad running outdated sets to spend more time with Calderon (who is a fine player and I like him, but still...).

This summer came down to the most $$$ for both parties. Melo gets paid and he entertains enough to justify huge prices.

r15mohd
12-12-2014, 02:05 PM
update from Melo and his agent:

BOSTON -- Carmelo Anthony says a published report stating that he is considering waiving his no-trade clause to green light a trade for the New York Knicks is false.

"Come on, man. After all the work I did to get here and get back here? If I was to get up and want to leave now that would just make me weak, make me have a weak mind," Anthony said on Friday morning. "I've never been a person to try to run from any adversity or anything like that so I'm not going to pick today to do that."

Link: http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_/id/12019030/carmelo-anthony-new-york-knicks-not-dropping-no-trade-clause

MiseryCityTexas
12-12-2014, 02:09 PM
I read on Facebook that he won't waive the clause, but at the same time, Facebook is the most unreliable source for news on the internet.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-12-2014, 02:40 PM
Kobe's legacy is already teetering on the edge, another collusion would ruin it
yeah because melo makes the lakers championship contenders. what a weirdo...

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-12-2014, 02:43 PM
Why? The Bulls mgmt have no history of making moves like that. They are smarter than that.
explain please....

hawksdogsbraves
12-12-2014, 02:44 PM

Well he did re-sign with the Knicks, so you certainly can't accuse him of running from adversity.

MellowYellow
12-12-2014, 02:47 PM

Bulls:

Noah
Mirotic
Dunleavy
Fillers

for

Melo
-----

Bulls:
Rose
Dunleavy
1st rounder

for

Melo

Bernkastel
12-12-2014, 02:53 PM
I'd try to get away from the Knicks, too. I don't blame him.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-12-2014, 02:56 PM
With Melo possibly needing surgery, i doubt it's possible to trade him right now.

r15mohd
12-12-2014, 03:16 PM
Well he did re-sign with the Knicks, so you certainly can't accuse him of running from adversity.

very true! :lol

FireDavidKahn
12-12-2014, 03:56 PM
He ran away from Denver:oldlol:

christian1923
12-12-2014, 03:56 PM
yeah because melo makes the lakers championship contenders. what a weirdo...
Trading for Melo then signing rondo and Tyson chandler(or any good center.) would make them contenders

MellowYellow
12-12-2014, 04:08 PM
Trading for Melo then signing rondo and Tyson chandler(or any good center.) would make them contenders
They can't afford that with Kobe's contract, the Knicks have much more fa cap if he stays there.

christian1923
12-12-2014, 04:23 PM
They can't afford that with Kobe's contract, the Knicks have much more fa cap if he stays there.
But we don't have Kobe.

Isn't the cap limit going up soon?

STATUTORY
12-12-2014, 04:27 PM
Denver, we have young talent, veterans, expirings, large contracts, small contracts, draft picks

Melo for Gallinari, wilson chandler, + mozgov?

who says no? :confusedshrug:

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-12-2014, 04:36 PM
:lol

Patrick Chewing
12-12-2014, 04:55 PM

The Knicks say no. So basically a reversal of the first trade? What about draft picks?????

Knicks wouldn't want their old recycled garbage back anyway.

NuggetsFan
12-12-2014, 04:59 PM

No thanks. I wouldn't want Melo back unless it was a cap dump like McGee/Gallo and no picks which the Knicks wouldn't go for. Only way getting Melo back would make sense is if we kept Chandler/Mozzy. Even than that contract is kinda scary given where he is right now so probably pass regardless of the offer.

MellowYellow
12-12-2014, 05:00 PM
But we don't have Kobe.

Isn't the cap limit going up soon?

Kobe is still there next year. Melo would have to wait two years there to compete. Could start next year with the Knicks.

r15mohd
12-12-2014, 05:01 PM
the retunr to Denver is not going to happen...unless he doesn't care to be with Lala anymore. she's not vacating from a big market city

christian1923
12-12-2014, 05:46 PM
Kobe is still there next year. Melo would have to wait two years there to compete. Could start next year with the Knicks.
These Knicks are nowhere near competing. i said this in the offseason and ill say it again, there is no point in having a 30 year old 25 million dollar volume scorer on this dreadful team. Why cant my Knicks ever just rebuild the right way....

Throwing 20 million at some other 3rd tier superstar AGAIN isnt going to make this team a contender.

This organization is a complete embarrassment.

Just get all the assets you can guy for this guy Phil. and rebuild with THJ, Shump, Early, and hopefully Jahlil Okafor.

Aint no way Gasol, Rondo, or anyone of value comes to this team.

Derek Fisher is our ****ing coach for christ sake

ThatCoolKid
12-12-2014, 05:49 PM
These Knicks are nowhere near competing. i said this in the offseason and ill say it again, there is no point in having a 30 year old 25 million dollar volume scorer on this dreadful team. Why cant my Knicks ever just rebuild the right way....

Throwing 20 million at some other 3rd tier superstar AGAIN isnt going to make this team a contender.

Just get all the assets you can guy for this guy Phil. and rebuild with THJ, Shump, Early, and hopefully Jahlil Okafor.

:lol Can you imagine how bad this team would be without Melo?

MellowYellow
12-12-2014, 06:05 PM

Realistic team in NY next year

Dragic/Calderon
Bellineli/JR
Melo/Tim/Early
Milsap/Okafor
Robin Lopez/oKafor

That team would definitely compete like right now.

Kidbasketball20
12-12-2014, 06:09 PM

Lin/Calderon
Bellineli/JR
Melo/Tim/Early
Milsap/Okafor
Robin Lopez/oKafor

Fixed

SwishSquared
12-12-2014, 06:21 PM

Dragic/Calderon
Bellineli/JR
Melo/Tim/Early
Milsap/Okafor
Robin Lopez/oKafor

Unless cap-smoothing is instituted, you can't afford that team. At most, NYK will have $27M in cap space, excluding their draft pack. That will at most get you Dragic & Millsap, which would help immensely. I bet they get better offers, though, so you get one of those guys and Bellinelli and some other small role players. Lopez is a pipe-dream with that little cap space.

Knicks should have done a Bulls S&T to get them picks and potentially rights to Mirotic, but at least #16 and the future Kings' pick. Had they done that, they'd have Nurkic + for sure top 4 pick (still likely to happen) + likely have the Kings' first this year. Following that type of plan, definitely possible that their 2015-2016 roster could be:

D. Russell-Shump-Early-Towns-Nurkic
Larkin-THR-Smith-???-???
Prigioni-Thanassis-Wear-Acy-???

They'd likely get a nice lotto pick in 2015-2016, though I don't think they own that pick. Would have a ton of cap flexibility going forward and would build a young nucleus where pieces fit together.

step_back
12-12-2014, 06:21 PM
In the summer I was all about Melo coming to the Bulls. I'd rather we not trade for him and spend the money on bringing back Jimmy Butler. Dude's a stud.

kunk75
12-12-2014, 06:34 PM
qft

And Melo is an idiot.

christian1923
12-12-2014, 06:44 PM

Dragic/Calderon
Bellineli/JR
Melo/Tim/Early
Milsap/Okafor
Robin Lopez/oKafor

That team is a 5th seed mayb.

kurple
12-12-2014, 06:44 PM

Dragic/Calderon
Bellineli/JR
Melo/Tim/Early
Milsap/Okafor
Robin Lopez/oKafor

realistic?

Qwyjibo
12-12-2014, 07:00 PM
Derozan, Fields + future 1st round pick for Carm... wait, he's paid how much and for how long? Goddamn...

smoovegittar
12-12-2014, 07:13 PM
Same pack of fools. Everyday, all day. STFU already.

MellowYellow
12-12-2014, 07:27 PM
realistic?

maybe not, Dragic will probably be around 12, and so wlll Milly

Hows about
Reggie 7
Milly 12
Marco 6
Brandan Wright 4

MellowYellow
12-12-2014, 07:29 PM
That team is a 5th seed mayb.

In the east? That's top 3 seed/ECF at least.

kurple
12-12-2014, 08:35 PM

Hows about
Reggie 7
Milly 12
Marco 6
Brandan Wright 4
hawks will resign millsap and phx will resign dragic

no way they force their way to NY. and both could easily land more in the current market

hawksdogsbraves
12-12-2014, 08:37 PM

Hows about
Reggie 7
Milly 12
Marco 6
Brandan Wright 4

I think those numbers are a bit conservative for both Dragic and Millsap.

Kemba Walker got $12 mil and Dragic is a significantly better player, and I think Millsap will get $14mil or so and maybe more, he's better than guys like Hayward or Parsons, (albeit older).

Nobody is taking a paycut to go to the Knicks either.

MellowYellow
12-12-2014, 08:38 PM
hawks will resign millsap and phx will resign dragic

no way they force their way to NY. and both could easily land more in the current market

milly won't resign in ATL, worst fanbase NA. And Dragic is done with Phx if they don't make the playoffs again this year.

secund2nun
12-12-2014, 09:00 PM

Kyrie
Lebron
Melo
Love
Verajao

Melo sucks and that would be a worse team. Melo is one of the worst contracts in history. Only a stupid team would trade for overrated Melo.

secund2nun
12-12-2014, 09:02 PM
The Bulls won't trade for him. They got a much better basketball player in Gasol than Melo...and Gasol is a lot cheaper.

hawksdogsbraves
12-12-2014, 09:14 PM
milly won't resign in ATL, worst fanbase NA. And Dragic is done with Phx if they don't make the playoffs again this year.

Yeah I'm sure he wants to leave a system that fits him perfectly for the worst coach, most dysfunctional FO, and worst teammate in the entire NBA :roll: :roll:

hawkfan
12-12-2014, 09:25 PM
Yeah I'm sure he wants to leave a system that fits him perfectly for the worst coach, most dysfunctional FO, and worst teammate in the entire NBA :roll: :roll:

Millsap will get 3 years, $45 million next year from the Hawks.
And the Hawks will sign Andrea Bargani for 2 years, $20 million to solidify the bigs.

hawksdogsbraves
12-12-2014, 09:40 PM
Millsap will get 3 years, $45 million next year from the Hawks.
And the Hawks will sign Andrea Bargani for 2 years, $20 million to solidify the bigs.

Why on earth would we sign Bargnani for that much? What does he even do better than Mike Scott at this point?