PDA

View Full Version : Which team(s) could Kobe get over the hump

Duderonomy
12-12-2014, 02:53 PM
In a hypothetical scenario the Lakers eat his contract and he can sign anywhere for the vet minimum. Which current non contender could he lead to the promise land? Portland and Memphis would be my choices.

NoGunzJustSkillz
12-12-2014, 03:02 PM
In a hypothetical scenario the Lakers eat his contract and he can sign anywhere for the vet minimum. Which current non contender could he lead to the promise land? Portland and Memphis would be my choices.
Mavs? or are they already considered a contender?

BigBoss
12-12-2014, 03:05 PM
Any team with minimum 2 all stars

Duderonomy
12-12-2014, 03:05 PM
Mavs? or are they already considered a contender?
Definitely not. They slipped my mind. Dirk, Kobe, Parsons, Chandler with Ellis off the bench fap fap fap

Yao Ming's Foot
12-12-2014, 03:13 PM
Kobe Bryant is contending for chamionships on any team capable of playing elite level defense as has been case for the entirety of his career.

StephHamann
12-12-2014, 03:14 PM
Memphis would be the best team for him

LEFT4DEAD
12-12-2014, 03:18 PM
Since Phil Jackson has retired from coaching, there is no team that would improve with Kobe.

3peated
12-12-2014, 03:20 PM
memphis, chicago, atl, pacers, pistons,

Sakkreth
12-12-2014, 03:23 PM
Best fit would be someone like Memphis, they would might make second round despite kobe. Good bigs always were the key for kobe to win (in 3peat combo of refs and shaq). Now that he's poor defensively, makes less % of the shots but still shoots a ton it would be hard to carry him far in the playoffs for any team in the league.

dh144498
12-12-2014, 03:25 PM
Kobe Bryant is contending for chamionships on any team capable of playing elite level defense as has been case for the entirety of his career.

i don't know if this is a back handed compliment or not.

Genaro
12-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Best fit would be someone like Memphis, they would might make second round despite kobe. Good bigs always were the key for kobe to win (in 3peat combo of refs and shaq). Now that he's poor defensively, makes less % of the shots but still shoots a ton it would be hard to carry him far in the playoffs for any team in the league.
Don't be naive. Kobe takes a lot of bad shots now because his team sucks. In a team with other options he would get to pick his spots better thus upgrading his shooting %.

Demitri98
12-12-2014, 03:31 PM
Ellis
Kobe
Parsons
Dirk
Chandler

they can win it all based on their sheer offensive firepower alone.

They might give up 110 points per game but they score like 130 :lol

navy
12-12-2014, 03:33 PM
None. Kobe is a cancer at this point.

DO you really think Kobe would accept a lesser role on any team? Would he stop yelling at teammates? Kobe cant back up his attitude with his play anymore. I wouldnt bring him in any contending lockerroom.

Yao Ming's Foot
12-12-2014, 04:45 PM
i don't know if this is a back handed compliment or not.

It's the truth. Kobe ball has always lead to a great offense. He just can't will the team to championship level defense all on his own anymore.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-12-2014, 04:53 PM
No team gets better with Kobe and his contract. Hes a net negative at this point.

Cone
12-13-2014, 01:10 AM
Definitely not. They slipped my mind. Dirk, Kobe, Parsons, Chandler with Ellis off the bench fap fap fap

kobe should be off the bench.. ellis is the better player

SugarHill
12-13-2014, 01:13 AM
It's the truth. Kobe ball has always lead to a great offense. He just can't will the team to championship level defense all on his own anymore.

When has that ever been the case?

SamuraiSWISH
12-13-2014, 01:32 AM
When has that ever been the case?
I was about to say.

6 for 24
12-13-2014, 01:41 AM
Interesting question, OP!

Kobe has a league-leading PER (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324201)

Milbuck
12-13-2014, 01:42 AM
Interesting question, OP!

Kobe has a league-leading PER (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=324201)™ of 30.5 this year. Since it is proven that his style of play (Kobe system) is "winning basketball", you wouldn't want to waver from this number. In other words, you'd have to move him to a team where the players could collectively free up 30.5 shots.

I think a good fit would be the Bucks of Milwaukee. They have a pretty good record but are in clear need of a chucker. Why, the highest PER on their team belongs to someone named Brandon Knight and is a mere 17.5.. what Kobe sometimes does in the 1st quarter alone. Although I have never seen this team play (actually this is the first time I realized there was a team in Milwaukee), from the numbers I am guessing they have a lot of possessions where they don't even take a shot. Hence, Kobe would be a natural fit since he is always willing to take one, two, or as many shots as it takes to get the score.

Warmest regards,

Ayotunde Ndiaye
God damn you :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: