PDA

View Full Version : It's been a minute...

Amigo
12-12-2014, 03:38 PM
Had to dust off my username and get back on the message boards. I was motivated by the lack of effort the Knicks have shown...even when they win.

I think they should just tank the rest of the season and Melo just go ahead and have that surgery on his ailing knee. Look forward to next season. This one is just an EMBARRASSMENT. Derek Fisher was NOT the right choice for the Knicks. He doesn't have the character to handle all of the attitudes and lack of camaraderie that the Knicks exhibit every time they huddle up, much less on the court.

I cringe whenever Dalembert is on the court. How is this guy still in the NBA? I'm through ranting.

I hope the "old timers" on these boards are all doing great. Have an awesome Holiday Season all!!!:cheers:

smoovegittar
12-12-2014, 06:59 PM
Had to dust off my username and get back on the message boards. I was motivated by the lack of effort the Knicks have shown...even when they win.

I think they should just tank the rest of the season and Melo just go ahead and have that surgery on his ailing knee. Look forward to next season. This one is just an EMBARRASSMENT. Derek Fisher was NOT the right choice for the Knicks. He doesn't have the character to handle all of the attitudes and lack of camaraderie that the Knicks exhibit every time they huddle up, much less on the court.

I cringe whenever Dalembert is on the court. How is this guy still in the NBA? I'm through ranting.

I hope the "old timers" on these boards are all doing great. Have an awesome Holiday Season all!!!:cheers:

Same to you, Bro. I agree with most everything you say here, but I like Fisher. The guy's coaching a first year team that's in tank mode... he's kept it pretty cool, considering. Gotta give him 2 years to see what he's capable of, IMO.

knickscity
12-13-2014, 05:30 AM
Welcome back Amigo, long time no hear. definitely agree on Dalembert, the dude is flat out awful.

Amigo
12-13-2014, 07:25 PM
So glad to see two "old timers" still around. Wonder if Big Daddy Bluesman is still ticking.

I don't HATE hate Fisher. I just don't feel that he's the right fit for a team so "big" or popular. I think he's more of a Magic team type of coach.

Also, I am glad to see them win last night. Regardless if it was against the Celtics, like many around my neighborhood so adamantly point out. A two game win streak wouldn't hurt. Especially, for the holidays.

bluechox2
12-13-2014, 08:03 PM
if we had chandler, we would have won a few more games that we lost

knickscity
12-14-2014, 10:57 AM
if we had chandler, we would have won a few more games that we lost
True, but he didnt want to be here for a rebuild. He's happy where he is and his play shows it.

Dalembert might be one of the worst centers I've ever seen...he's awful at every single requirment for the position.

smoovegittar
12-14-2014, 12:08 PM
True, but he didnt want to be here for a rebuild. He's happy where he is and his play shows it.

Dalembert might be one of the worst centers I've ever seen...he's awful at every single requirment for the position.

Harsh words. You don't remember Chris Dudley, Jerome James or Felton Spencer? Sam may be past his prime, but he still alters shots and grabs boards. For what it's worth, we don't win in Boston Friday without him.

knickscity
12-16-2014, 07:10 PM
Harsh words. You don't remember Chris Dudley, Jerome James or Felton Spencer? Sam may be past his prime, but he still alters shots and grabs boards. For what it's worth, we don't win in Boston Friday without him.
Awesome, he helped us beat a team that is rebuilding.

percelloveknicks
12-16-2014, 08:31 PM
So glad to see two "old timers" still around. Wonder if Big Daddy Bluesman is still ticking.

I don't HATE hate Fisher. I just don't feel that he's the right fit for a team so "big" or popular. I think he's more of a Magic team type of coach.

Also, I am glad to see them win last night. Regardless if it was against the Celtics, like many around my neighborhood so adamantly point out. A two game win streak wouldn't hurt. Especially, for the holidays.
I remember a couple of years ago big daddy bluesman critizized my spelling on this board, I was mad as hell and stop posting for awhile, but I like knickcity tho.

smoovegittar
12-17-2014, 06:01 PM
Awesome, he helped us beat a team that is rebuilding.

C'mon man...... if you've been around a while, you KNOW there's nothing like thumping that green team - don't care if they suck as bad as we do.
Yes, Sam's career is just about done.

knickscity
12-20-2014, 01:43 PM
C'mon man...... if you've been around a while, you KNOW there's nothing like thumping that green team - don't care if they suck as bad as we do.
Yes, Sam's career is just about done.
Thats why I dont get hyped for that matchup anymore, it's been a minute since both team have been relevant together. You'd have to go back to Bernard King days to get a great matchup between the two. i remember it vividly as I was there in person.

bluechox2
12-21-2014, 05:00 AM
When has both teams been relevant at the same time, we had that fluke year which doesn't count, after that the celtics managed to capture a chip and are back on track for rebuilding while the Knicks are still searching for the meaning of life

smoovegittar
12-21-2014, 03:41 PM
When has both teams been relevant at the same time, we had that fluke year which doesn't count, after that the celtics managed to capture a chip and are back on track for rebuilding while the Knicks are still searching for the meaning of life
In the early Seventies. I'm almost 50.