PDA

View Full Version : Tobias Harris is gonna get paid

konex
12-13-2014, 10:31 PM
Magic made a huge mistake not taking care of this guy

outbreak
12-14-2014, 01:02 AM
How can you pay a guy who hadn't proven he was worth paying? Even the first 10 or so games this year he looked trash and looked worse than last season, if we had paid him then everyone would be saying we were idiots. Hindsight changes everything.

Ariza4three
12-14-2014, 01:14 AM
if henni lets him go he ****ed up. it was a risk to let him set his own value and it's going to pay off big time for harris if he keeps his current play up.

SwishSquared
12-14-2014, 01:25 AM
if henni lets him go he ****ed up. it was a risk to let him set his own value and it's going to pay off big time for harris if he keeps his current play up.
I doubt he leaves unless he gets a max or you work out a favorable S&T. Didn't he want $14M per year and he wouldn't budge? Also, I think he wants to get an offer from one of the big market squads to get that shoe endorsement bonus from Nike or w/e.

Based on his past play, I think waiting is better honestly. If he gets a real max then sure, it'll cost you guys more but he is a bit of a tweener. His rep coming into this season was a good stats/bad team guy, so he's going to need to maintain this play to shed that rep (and put the Magic in a good position record-wise).

outbreak
12-14-2014, 02:08 AM
I doubt he leaves unless he gets a max or you work out a favorable S&T. Didn't he want $14M per year and he wouldn't budge? Also, I think he wants to get an offer from one of the big market squads to get that shoe endorsement bonus from Nike or w/e.

Based on his past play, I think waiting is better honestly. If he gets a real max then sure, it'll cost you guys more but he is a bit of a tweener. His rep coming into this season was a good stats/bad team guy, so he's going to need to maintain this play to shed that rep (and put the Magic in a good position record-wise).
I read somewhere the Nike bonus or whatever had been blown out of proportion and wouldn't factor in at all. regarding

konex
12-14-2014, 02:11 AM
I don't think any team will offer the max but couldn't it be one of those poison-pill contracts?

BurningHammer
12-14-2014, 02:20 AM
Poor Tobias :(

Heavincent
12-14-2014, 02:25 AM
BREAKING: Tobias Harris' bank account hacked; loses everything

SwishSquared
12-14-2014, 02:34 AM
I read somewhere the Nike bonus or whatever had been blown out of proportion and wouldn't factor in at all. regarding
Yeah that may be true, or his representative put that out there so it won't mess up his leverage this offseason. Wouldn't surprise me if it's not a factor since it's not like he's super well-known right now.

Eric Cartman
12-14-2014, 02:47 AM
Bucks gave him away for absolutely nothing. Yes, they wouldn't have the team they do in the present moment with him still there, but still.

Mr. Jabbar
12-14-2014, 02:48 AM
not cool konex, not cool