PDA

View Full Version : Will Euro basketball ever excel at the same level as the NBA?

1987_Lakers
12-14-2014, 07:41 PM
USA won Gold this past summer with ease without LeBron & Durant, how much work does euro basketball need to reach NBA level of quality basketball?

Andrew Wiggins
12-14-2014, 07:49 PM
not in the foreseeable future but so what? you can make millions of euros, live in exotic cities, and play in front of packed crowds. seems like a great way to make a living even if you never make the nba.

ImKobe
12-14-2014, 07:53 PM
No, because all the top Euro players come to the NBA.

TaLvsCuaL
12-14-2014, 07:55 PM
Teams like Spurs and Memphis are playing European basketball. 0 ego, great ball movement and great defense. NBA is being dominated currently by Europeanesque teams.

StephHamann
12-14-2014, 08:16 PM
USA won Gold this past summer with ease without LeBron & Durant, how much work does euro basketball need to reach NBA level of quality basketball?

About the same time US soccer needs to reach european quality.

30-40 years maybe?

Kblaze8855
12-14-2014, 08:23 PM
Dude...are you serious right now? You report this? You had me open my email to read that you are offended by:

?

And to add to it...

If this thread is not deleted soon, I am sending complaints to Jeff's twitter. The endless harassment from creeps like you here towards me - I am not tolerating it again.

Get the **** outta here. You are a clown and im tired of hearing from you.

Report it to Jeff, Jeffs mom, Adam Silver...Mufassa...Emperor Palpatine, Obama, my grandma, the state athletic commission, King louie from the Junglebook, Don Corolone and the ghost of christmas past for all I care.

Tell em I said it.

1987....continue your business.

mattvNJ
12-14-2014, 08:25 PM
^^^^hahahahah

dannywpt
12-14-2014, 08:25 PM
:roll:

Fire Colangelo
12-14-2014, 08:26 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Milbuck
12-14-2014, 08:28 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

hawksdogsbraves
12-14-2014, 08:29 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause:

Euroleague
12-14-2014, 08:31 PM
Dude...are you serious right now? You report this? You had me open my email to read that you are offended by:

?

And to add to it...

Report it to Jeff, Jeffs mom, Adam Silver...Mufassa...Emperor Palpatine, Obama, my grandma, the state athletic commission, King louie from the Junglebook, Don Corolone and the ghost of christmas past for all I care.

Tell em I said it.

Then why did you go through this thread and the one about Stephen A. Smith and delete a whole bunch of troll posts BEFORE you posted this?

You are STILL a POS mod an enormous jerk.

Since I came back I never even had one single problem with real men wear green even of all people.

Unbelievable what a tool you are. You have been told over and over that I and other European basketball fans were banned for talking about European basketball and told we could NOT talk about it again or we could not post here anymore.

It is now considered trolling and to report it when other members start using it as trolling and harassment and to derail threads and topics.

And you think I am just going to ignore it when you and you alone decide that it's OK for anyone you think you say can do it, but if I even dared do it, INSTANT PERMA BAN?

The admin considers it trolling and ban worthy.

It never ever ends with the ridiculousness from you.

I made up my mind. I am going to make it my mission to become a mod here, because someone has to counter balance your evil influence.

Kblaze8855
12-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Ive not even been in the Steven A smith topic. And believe it or not ive never banned you. But you are done in this topic if you have nothing to add to it. Ive learned from years of trying that talking to you does not bring you back to reality. So I have nothing else to add.

hawksdogsbraves
12-14-2014, 08:51 PM
Then why did you go through this thread and the one about Stephen A. Smith and delete a whole bunch of troll posts BEFORE you posted this?

Since I came back I never even had one single problem with real men wear green even of all people.

Unbelievable what a tool you are. You have been told over and over that I and other European basketball fans were banned for talking about European basketball and told we could NOT talk about it again or we could not post here anymore.

It is now considered trolling and to report it when other members start using it as trolling and harassment and to derail threads and topics.

And you think I am just going to ignore it when you and you alone decide that it's OK for anyone you think you say can do it, but if I even dared do it, INSTANT PERMA BAN?

I made up my mind. I am going to make it my mission to become a mod here, because someone has to counter balance your evil influence.

Thus begins the greatest quest in ISH history :bowdown:

Proctor
12-14-2014, 09:00 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

I love this forum so much.

Andrew Wiggins
12-14-2014, 09:01 PM
Teams like Spurs and Memphis are playing European basketball. 0 ego, great ball movement and great defense. NBA is being dominated currently by Europeanesque teams.

that's not "european-esque". those types of systems have been in place in american college basketball for decades.

30-40 years maybe?

this is an idiotic cmoparison. "european quality" like faroe islands, san marino, liechtenstein, and malta?

the yanks are much further along in football than europeans are in basketball. their national team stays competitive and occasionally beats top teams. team usa hasn't lost in 8 years in basketball. huge difference

NZStreetBaller
12-14-2014, 10:42 PM
NBA is rigged and has a much better job of promoting its star players therefore alot of talented kids look up to them and aspire to be NBA player. Euroleague is legit thats why it sucks.

NBA is like WWE

T_L_P
12-14-2014, 10:46 PM
Top 5 European player turned out to be a top 5 NBA WOAT.

oarabbus
12-15-2014, 12:50 AM

30-40 years maybe?

:lol angry Euro upset that the US has solid National Teams in soccer

StephHamann
12-15-2014, 12:59 AM

NBA is not National Team hurr durrr

The MLS quality is pretty low.

last time i checked the current NBA champion had a lot of foreign players

chocolatethunder
12-15-2014, 01:00 AM
I'm an American but I'm not sure if anyone here is old enough to remember but US Basketball has lost at both the Olympics and the World Championships. The 2002 World Championship team was plenty good to beat any team you could assemble but they still managed to lose.The 2006 team was even better and they managed to lose as well. In 2004 the US also lost in the Olympics and that team had both AI and Duncan. In soccer we have no golds in the olympics or Champs in the world cup. The world is much better at basketball than we are at soccer unfortunately.

duskovujosevic
12-15-2014, 01:37 AM
firstly, its popularity. football is number one sport in europe. it attracts a lot of sponsors, media coverage, packed stadiums. then lets look at the salaries in football and basketball in europe, enormous difference.

secondly, organization of euroleague. the strongest teams in europe play only once a week through euroleague competiton. you can only progress by playing with toughest teams 82 times a year. apart from euroleague teams play national league with scrub teams and shitty arenas. they are just wasting their time there.

Feud with ULEB and FIBA and much more.

T_L_P
12-15-2014, 01:41 AM
NBA is not National Team hurr durrr

The MLS quality is pretty low.

last time i checked the current NBA champion had a lot of foreign players

Big 3 are all American, tbh. Well, maybe Tim would be considered a foreigner.

SpanishACB
12-15-2014, 08:00 AM
the yanks are much further along in football than europeans are in basketball. their national team stays competitive and occasionally beats top teams. team usa hasn't lost in 8 years in basketball. huge difference

this is an ignorant analysis

USA will never be considered a real contender in soccer until your grandchildren are dead and even then it's unlikely.

soccer is a different sport, were the underdogs can win things, even relevant trophies. Imagine the Hornets won the NBA this year? Like when Greece won a soccer european cup or Porto a Champions league. The nature of the sport allows for surprises to happen much more often than in the statistical game of basketball.

USA is not competitive, they're not true contenders even if they beat Spain and Brazil in a game. Their odds at winning a world cup are much lower than what top European nations get in Basketball competitions.

i mean kudos for trying to use logic, but when you have no clue about soccer, common sense will only take you so far.

fiddy
12-15-2014, 08:22 AM
It wont excel until rules changes, court size, etc.

Lebowski
12-15-2014, 08:31 AM

glhf with that! We all would love to have you as a mod here, good times.

DCL
12-15-2014, 08:50 AM
I'm an American but I'm not sure if anyone here is old enough to remember but US Basketball has lost at both the Olympics and the World Championships. The 2002 World Championship team was plenty good to beat any team you could assemble but they still managed to lose.The 2006 team was even better and they managed to lose as well. In 2004 the US also lost in the Olympics and that team had both AI and Duncan.

before, those spoiled f--kers barely took it seriously. their attitude was that the olympics or international competition was a joke, and as a result, they lost a bunch and BECAME the joke. from top to bottom, it was a mess. they weren't even well-coached. just a bunch of players taking turns at trying to play hero ball ISO's. that shit obviously didn't work.

but then the US team underwent some reform in redesigning teams and player development. and the results: international ass whoopings again.

Andrew Wiggins
12-15-2014, 09:17 AM
this is an ignorant analysis

USA will never be considered a real contender in soccer until your grandchildren are dead and even then it's unlikely.

soccer is a different sport, were the underdogs can win things, even relevant trophies. Imagine the Hornets won the NBA this year? Like when Greece won a soccer european cup or Porto a Champions league. The nature of the sport allows for surprises to happen much more often than in the statistical game of basketball.

USA is not competitive, they're not true contenders even if they beat Spain and Brazil in a game. Their odds at winning a world cup are much lower than what top European nations get in Basketball competitions.

i mean kudos for trying to use logic, but when you have no clue about soccer, common sense will only take you so far.

nobody's calling them contenders moron. trying to claim the us is as far away from european level football as european teams are to the nba level is ridiculous. top european teams have about a 1% chance against a fully healthy and motivated usa which is less than what the us would have to win a few consecutive games against top teams in a knockout tournament in football.

you realize your agenda is clear as day even through your attempted condescension? :lol

StephHamann
12-15-2014, 09:19 AM
nobody's calling them contenders moron. trying to claim the us is as far away from european level football as european teams are to the nba level is ridiculous. top european teams have about a 1% chance against a fully healthy and motivated usa which is less than what the us would have to win a few consecutive games against top teams in a knockout tournament in football.

you realize you just contradicted yourself in your attempt at condescension? :lol

Read the title: NBA!!! level

-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvQmKyn0D38

not this -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78Qt4xKZ7lY

You want to tell me LA Galaxy could compete in the CL?

And Alba for example would probably go 5-77 in the NBA

Andrew Wiggins
12-15-2014, 09:51 AM
Read the title: NBA!!! level

-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvQmKyn0D38

not this -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78Qt4xKZ7lY

You want to tell me LA Galaxy could compete in the CL?

And Alba for example would probably go 5-77 in the NBA

league is different from "us soccer" though. that can mean either the domestic league or the national team. obviously their league is crap. la galaxy are probably the same level as a top scandinavian team

SpanishACB
12-15-2014, 10:10 AM

you realize your agenda is clear as day even through your attempted condescension? :lol

so you've moved from pseudo logical argument to just sharing your own opinion? you let me down...

You claimed USA is futher ahead in soccer than europe is in basketball.

I proved you wrong with only one of the many points I could have brought up to the table. Yet you choose to insist in being a complete ignorant?

You speak as if soccer had Dirks and Gasols from america. Heck, you speak as if an USA player ever won anything relevant in soccer.

In terms you can understand, the american soccer league is like the chinese basketball league. It's a gimmick were old stars can go take em checks for a while longer than they should after retirement.

Whereas Europe is a basketball power house, the NBA is ahead, sure, but still.

Now, just because the USA can put up some good results in knockout competitions (where they play 4 games) and such should not fool you as "soccer" is a totally different animal from what you're used to. And even the best team ever made can lose to a bunch of amateurs.

although you have a point, there's millions of different soccer leagues in europe. Yes. Millions. So it's only normal the american league is better than some of the league of obscure countries with the population of new york.

StephHamann
12-15-2014, 10:15 AM
Whereas Europe is a basketball power house, the NBA is ahead, sure, but still.europe).

Nah i can only speak for Germany but Football, Handball, Ice Hockey, Winter Sports in general and even Formel 1 is way more popular than Basketball. In school we never played basketball, there are rearly any courts in town.

Dirk's popularity gave Basketball a boost though, Bayern M

SpanishACB
12-15-2014, 10:17 AM
[QUOTE=StephHamann]Nah i can only speak for Germany but Football, Handball, Ice Hockey, Winter Sports in general and even Formel 1 is way more popular than Basketball. In school we never played basketball, there are rearly any courts in town.

Dirk's popularity gave Basketball a boost though, Bayern M

SpanishACB
12-15-2014, 10:20 AM
la galaxy are probably the same level as a top scandinavian team

Not even close.

Unless you really think LA could have a CL record of 24w-10d-20l which is what Coppenhaguen has. Heck, Goteborg probably runs the floor with those Galaxy cowboys.

StephHamann
12-15-2014, 10:20 AM
you don't understand.

First of all, germany is but a small part of europe. Secondly, I'm saying, after the americans, it's the europeans who are best at basketball overall

1. Highest population, biggest economy. Small part okay....

2. That's 100% right.

London needs an NBA team, and the US should get a spot in the CL in the future. :applause:

Andrew Wiggins
12-15-2014, 10:27 AM
so you've moved from pseudo logical argument to just sharing your own opinion? you let me down...

You claimed USA is futher ahead in soccer than europe is in basketball.

I proved you wrong with only one of the many points I could have brought up to the table. Yet you choose to insist in being a complete ignorant?

You speak as if soccer had Dirks and Gasols from america. Heck, you speak as if an USA player ever won anything relevant in soccer.

In terms you can understand, the american soccer league is like the chinese basketball league. It's a gimmick were old stars can go take em checks for a while longer than they should after retirement.

Whereas Europe is a basketball power house, the NBA is ahead, sure, but still.

Now, just because the USA can put up some good results in knockout competitions (where they play 4 games) and such should not fool you as "soccer" is a totally different animal from what you're used to. And even the best team ever made can lose to a bunch of amateurs.

although you have a point, there's millions of different soccer leagues in europe. Yes. Millions. So it's only normal the american league is better than some of the league of obscure countries with the population of new york.

sure they have, they regularly won their equivalent of the euros. they've finished 3rd in the world cup before and were second in the confed cup defeating spain along the way and narrowly losing to brazil.

as evidenced your prior posts, you have a clear agenda when it comes to american sports. you go out of your way to diminish any sporting accomplishments they have by citing they have a large population and the only reason they're successful is because of african americans. :lol

Not even close.

Unless you really think LA could have a CL record of 24w-10d-20l which is what Coppenhaguen has. Heck, Goteborg probably runs the floor with those Galaxy cowboys.

the hell is "Coppenhaguen" :lol

knickballer
12-15-2014, 10:54 AM
It's interesting because some Balkan countries like Serbia, Croatia and Montenegro produce alot of quality players despite having small populations. Croatia only has a population of 5 million, probably the same population as a state like South Carolina or some random state and you can probably make the case that Croatia has produced more players than those states that have similar populations. Similar to Serbia(population 6-7milion) and Montenegro(around 600k!). But then you have a country like England that has a "strong" sports culture and a very similar culture to the US but yet totally suck at the sport.

It seems the only European countries that take the sport seriously are Spain, France, Italy and some of the Balkan countries. But even then the sport takes a backseat to other sports/competitions like F1 racing at times..

chocolatethunder
12-15-2014, 11:09 AM
sure they have, they regularly won their equivalent of the euros. they've finished 3rd in the world cup before and were second in the confed cup defeating spain along the way and narrowly losing to brazil.

as evidenced your prior posts, you have a clear agenda when it comes to american sports. you go out of your way to diminish any sporting accomplishments they have by citing they have a large population and the only reason they're successful is because of african americans. :lol

the hell is "Coppenhaguen" :lol

You guys can argue all you want but the fact is that the U.S. has not won a world cup or an Olympic gold and Euro teams have won Golds at World Champs and the Olympics. And within th last 10 years at that. The US has improved DRAMATICALLY at soccer but in reality we are not at the same level as Europeans or the rest of the world is for that matter, at basketball. Soccer has no American Dirk or Manu (he's argentine of course) or Pau or Marc Gasol or Tony Parker or anyone of that magnitude. While it's true that our success in many sports can be attributed to having a large population of African Americans, I don't see how that's bad. They are a large part of our culture and should be celebrated as any monority or ethnicity is for their contribution to our culture. Just as Mo Farah is a celebrated Brit (and he's is of course born in Somalia) or Baolotelli is an Italian or Gianni's and Sofo are Greeks we celebrate our athletes regardless of their background. America doesn't mean just white people so I really don't understand what you're driving at here.

SpanishACB
12-15-2014, 11:13 AM
You guys can argue all you want but the fact is that the U.S. has not won a world cup or an Olympic gold and Euro teams have won Golds at World Champs and the Olympics. And within th last 10 years at that. The US has improved DRAMATICALLY at soccer but in reality we are not at the same level as Europeans or the rest of the world is for that matter, at basketball. Soccer has no American Dirk or Manu (he's argentine of course) or Pau or Marc Gasol or Tony Parker or anyone of that magnitude. While it's true that our success in many sports can be attributed to having a large population of African Americans, I don't see how that's bad. They are a large part of our culture and should be celebrated as any monority or ethnicity is for their contribution to our culture. Just as Mo Farah is a celebrated Brit (and he's is of course born in Somalia) or Baolotelli is an Italian or Gianni's and Sofo are Greeks we celebrate our athletes regardless of their background. America doesn't mean just white people so I really don't understand what you're driving at here.

he's just on defensive mode because he said something really ignorant and thought no one would pick it up

he doesn't understand the nature of soccer, thinks winning a game in a knockout tournament were you play 4 games (sample size) means you're as good as someone reaching the WCF or something. It's not remotely close. Soccer is not as easy to predict. That's why betting fortunes are never made in soccer, but in Tennis and American Sports.

Hence why USA has a 80-100 odd in recent football tournaments (germany, spain, 7-9), and yet a bunch of European countries under 50 come an international basketball tournament.

can't argue with bookies

chocolatethunder
12-15-2014, 11:14 AM
It's interesting because some Balkan countries like Serbia, Croatia and Montenegro produce alot of quality players despite having small populations. Croatia only has a population of 5 million, probably the same population as a state like South Carolina or some random state and you can probably make the case that Croatia has produced more players than those states that have similar populations. Similar to Serbia(population 6-7milion) and Montenegro(around 600k!). But then you have a country like England that has a "strong" sports culture and a very similar culture to the US but yet totally suck at the sport.

It seems the only European countries that take the sport seriously are Spain, France, Italy and some of the Balkan countries. But even then the sport takes a backseat to other sports/competitions like F1 racing at times..
I would add Israel and Greece to that list as well as Russia. Of course it's also a very big sport in the Filippines but they have not produced any NBA level talent. In Brasil and Angentina and Puerto Rico it's quite popular as well.

jzek
12-15-2014, 11:23 AM
Yes... when American soccer level reaches the European level. Not going to see MLS teams beat the likes of Real Madrid or Barcelona any time soon.

Euros simply focus on other more important sports, that's all.

chocolatethunder
12-15-2014, 11:24 AM
he's just on defensive mode because he said something really ignorant and thought no one would pick it up
I don't get it. Just be honest and objective about things and stop trying to argue and instead try to learn. Everyone wants to argue and attack and defend. I want to learn things in conversation not just prove someone wrong. There's a lot to be learned in this thread if you open your eyes. I have friends that have played in leagues in evey county mentioned in this thread and some of the leagues are trash and some of the leagues are really good. Euroleague teams (in spite of how obnoxious the poster who goes by that moniker is) play really good basketball. It's a fact. They are not NBA teams but they are really good. A team like Maccabi from last year could beat some of the worst teams in the NBA. That doesn't mean they'll beat the warriors but they aren't a bunch of bums. A team like the Spanish national team could beat some very good NBA teams. What's wrong with that? I'm a basketball fan and I don't care where the person is from as long as they play good basketball. I'd rather watch Diaw or Manu or Parker or Dirk or Pau or Marc before I watched that shit head Melo play but that's just me. I'm 42 and those guys play more like the NBA that I grew up watching than morons like Melo do. That's just my opinion and feel free to disagree with me. I won't get upset.

Edit:my comment wasn't directed at you it was directed at how you were describing him.

deja vu
12-15-2014, 12:14 PM
Europe is far behind in basketball because it's soccer/football all year round there. Everyone gravitates to football unless they're too tall for it.

BTW I haven't seen any American become a soccer star in Europe unlike in basketball we have Dirk and Pau. This goes to show that the gap is bigger in soccer.

Sakkreth
12-15-2014, 12:33 PM
I would add Israel and Greece to that list as well as Russia. Of course it's also a very big sport in the Filippines but they have not produced any NBA level talent. In Brasil and Angentina and Puerto Rico it's quite popular as well.

And most importantly u need to add Lithuania, udner 3m pop but I believe in upset of USA in upcoming years.

Riley Martin
12-15-2014, 02:08 PM
Tim Howard and Clint Dempsey aren't two good American players who've done well in European leagues?

chocolatethunder
12-15-2014, 02:30 PM
And most importantly u need to add Lithuania, udner 3m pop but I believe in upset of USA in upcoming years.

For sure. I loved Marciulionis and Sabonis. Motiejunas looks promising too.

Nikola_
12-15-2014, 02:33 PM
coaches on the other hand .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY12cFjrHjU

Sakkreth
12-15-2014, 03:00 PM
coaches on the other hand .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY12cFjrHjU

Well it's not that much of a secret if you watch spurs play. Grizzlies are similar too this year.

GimmeThat
12-15-2014, 03:10 PM
that's like saying the fact that Phil Jackson was the coach for a Puerto Rico basketball team didn't play much into his life

Rooster
12-15-2014, 04:00 PM
Not when American rejects, scrubs and bums and trashes get recycled in Europe and the best Euros go to play in the NBA.
More Americans has been named Euroleague MVPs, Final Four MVPs, All Euroleague teams than any nation in Europe. A rag tag team full of Americans scrubs just won the Euroleague title last year.

Thorn
12-15-2014, 04:24 PM
I didn't read the last three pages but this

that sequence of characters had me :roll: :roll:

KyleKong
12-15-2014, 05:49 PM
Thus begins the greatest quest in ISH history :bowdown:

One mod to rule them all...

deja vu
12-15-2014, 08:19 PM
Tim Howard and Clint Dempsey aren't two good American players who've done well in European leagues?
They did well but aren't stars. Howard has a terrible season right now after a stellar World Cup. Dempsey had one good season and then fell off.

Timmy D for MVP
12-16-2014, 02:28 AM
Not until a European league becomes as prestigious and lucrative as the NBA for the elite players of the world.

As long as the NBA is the clear cut elite top league in the world it will have no peer.

SamuraiSWISH
12-16-2014, 02:30 AM
No. Americans have a perfect storm of elite skills, with ABSURD athleticism.

swagga
12-16-2014, 03:21 AM
lmao at the us is closer in soccer than the euros in basketball, stick to what you know sons.
Europe has 10 teams that are big favorites against usa (eng,france,spain,swiss, italy, germany, sweden, croatia, spain, netherlands) and another ten that would be favorites(poland,denmark,belgium, portugal, bosnia, romania, czech republic, slovakia, russia, serbia), and another 10 that would play them as equals (ireland, scotland, austria, greece, turkey, hungary, ukraine, montenegro, bulgaria, slovenia) .

That's like saying half the states in the USA have a better/equal team than/to ANY state in the euros, which is blatantly false.

You can talk about stars, bookies, global impact, etc and it all says the same thing. The US league vs some top euro league is like the ChineseBA compared to the NBA.

But how can you argue with the uninformed?

Timmy D for MVP
12-16-2014, 03:40 AM
lmao at the us is closer in soccer than the euros in basketball, stick to what you know sons.
Europe has 10 teams that are big favorites against usa (eng,france,spain,swiss, italy, germany, sweden, croatia, spain, netherlands) and another ten that would be favorites(poland,denmark,belgium, portugal, bosnia, romania, czech republic, slovakia, russia, serbia), and another 10 that would play them as equals (ireland, scotland, austria, greece, turkey, hungary, ukraine, montenegro, bulgaria, slovenia) .

That's like saying half the states in the USA have a better/equal team than/to ANY state in the euros, which is blatantly false.

You can talk about stars, bookies, global impact, etc and it all says the same thing. The US league vs some top euro league is like the ChineseBA compared to the NBA.

But how can you argue with the uninformed?

This is an interesting exercise.

The US has no shot to win any major global tournament, but I would say that if you broke it down on any given match it might be closer. I'm playing devil's advocate here but I think you would give them a punchers chance against all but Germany, Spain, and maybe Netherlands. I agree those other teams would be big favorites, but it wouldn't completely shock you is the US got a result from those matches.

On the reverse end I think you could pinpoint 2 teams that would have a similar chance against the US bball team, Spain having a better shot than France.

Obviously some of this is attributed to the nature of the sports. In soccer a far inferior team can get a result way easier than one in basketball. In terms of total talent you are correct, the USMNT is so far behind in comparison to the rest of the world that it's silly to think they've been able to be as successful as they have. But in terms of results the gap isn't that much further than what has happened in international basketball recently. And yes the club level is not debatable. The MLS is suuuuuuuper low.

Also someone said something earlier about not being able to even beat African teams like the Ivory Coast. The Ivory Coast's Golden Era was one of the best teams in the world, and it's stunning how badly they under performed in big Cup tournaments.

kamil
12-16-2014, 03:45 AM
I'm an American but I'm not sure if anyone here is old enough to remember but US Basketball has lost at both the Olympics and the World Championships. The 2002 World Championship team was plenty good to beat any team you could assemble but they still managed to lose.The 2006 team was even better and they managed to lose as well. In 2004 the US also lost in the Olympics and that team had both AI and Duncan. In soccer we have no golds in the olympics or Champs in the world cup. The world is much better at basketball than we are at soccer unfortunately.

I think this is too much reasoning for the idiots in this thread to handle.

LAZERUSS
12-16-2014, 06:21 AM
At some point in the future, the NBA will become "globalized", but even then, it will probably never be the US against the rest of the world when it happens. Rosters will be filled with both US, and foreign players.

SpanishACB
12-16-2014, 06:47 AM
This is an interesting exercise.

The US has no shot to win any major global tournament, but I would say that if you broke it down on any given match it might be closer. I'm playing devil's advocate here but I think you would give them a punchers chance against all but Germany, Spain, and maybe Netherlands. I agree those other teams would be big favorites, but it wouldn't completely shock you is the US got a result from those matches.

On the reverse end I think you could pinpoint 2 teams that would have a similar chance against the US bball team, Spain having a better shot than France.

Obviously some of this is attributed to the nature of the sports. In soccer a far inferior team can get a result way easier than one in basketball. In terms of total talent you are correct, the USMNT is so far behind in comparison to the rest of the world that it's silly to think they've been able to be as successful as they have. But in terms of results the gap isn't that much further than what has happened in international basketball recently. And yes the club level is not debatable. The MLS is suuuuuuuper low.

Also someone said something earlier about not being able to even beat African teams like the Ivory Coast. The Ivory Coast's Golden Era was one of the best teams in the world, and it's stunning how badly they under performed in big Cup tournaments.

you are playing devil's advocate.

your argument is good, but it's flawed in the sense (like i explanied earlier), the nature of the two sports cannot be compared.

NBA is much more statistical, there are more of everything (shot attempts, possesions), thus a bigger sample size makes the tendency towards the better imposing their superiority. In soccer, surprises are an every day thing, not long ago, Porto won a Champions League, that would be on the level of the Brooklyn Nets winning the ring this year (note they're a top defensive team so far this season, to make the comparison somewhat fair, even though in practice, people gave Porto the same chance they give the 76ers)

the league structure might make it seem like surprises in the NBA are also very usual. But that's only because teams take breaks. In a soccer league every point matters, basically, every game is a play off game, if this were the case in the NBA I'd say the gap between the contenders and the fillers would be even more obvious (and betting would become even easier, in comparison to soccer, at least in regular season)

andremiller07
12-16-2014, 07:20 AM
Can't teach natural instincts and insane athletic ability, those will conquer anything in a sport like basketball. African American's tend to have both in excess amounts.

Smoke117
12-16-2014, 07:23 AM
Can't teach natural instincts and insane athletic ability, those will conquer anything in a sport like basketball. African American's tend to have both in excess amounts.

So...by your logic...African Americans had an abundance of talent for cotton picking? You know since you can't teach talent...the modern african american is predetermined to have basketball talent...the one 200 years must have been predetermined to have a natural talent for picking cotton right?...I'm just working off your logic. yes you are full of shit.

andremiller07
12-16-2014, 07:26 AM
So...by your logic...African Americans had an abundance of talent for cotton picking? You know since you can't teach talent...the modern african american is predetermined to have basketball talent...the one 200 years must have been predetermined to have a natural talent for picking cotton right?...I'm just working off your logic.
:facepalm

Smoke117
12-16-2014, 07:28 AM

You are the one talking about natural instincts...I'm pretty sure humans haven't evolved to the point that a natural instinct is to bounce and shoot an big round orange ball through a hoop...

andremiller07
12-16-2014, 07:31 AM
You are the one talking about natural instincts...I'm pretty sure humans haven't evolved to the point that a natural instinct is to bounce and shoot an big round orange ball through a hoop...

Dude when it comes to basketball there are certain things you just can't teach and African American's more often than not have those, it's that sort of "it" factor.

Explain to me why all the best ball handlers are are black they have have something natural inside them, something you can't learn or teach. It's hard to explain but they just have something other races for the most part don't or have a lot less compared.

FKAri
12-16-2014, 07:53 AM
Dude when it comes to basketball there are certain things you just can't teach and African American's more often than not have those, it's that sort of "it" factor.

Explain to me why all the best ball handlers are are black they have have something natural inside them, something you can't learn or teach. It's hard to explain but they just have something other races for the most part don't or have a lot less compared.

:roll:

this nikka. Maybe cuz their quickness allows them to put it into use. nvm not even gonna bother with this one.

Fallen Angel
12-16-2014, 08:15 AM
that's not "european-esque". those types of systems have been in place in american college basketball for decades.

this is an idiotic cmoparison. "european quality" like faroe islands, san marino, liechtenstein, and malta?

I agree with this. The U.S soccer team has a better chance at winning the world cup than the Euroleague has at ever reaching elite NBA status in basketball.

It's not even close, if you think about it. The U.S team was literally 1 less Zusi f*ck up away from reaching the World Cup quarterfinals just 6 months ago. In basketball, the U.S has shitted on and completely humiliated international competition for almost a decade.

So no, Euroleague will never be better than the NBA. Not in the next 50 years at least.

robert de niro
12-16-2014, 08:41 AM
I agree with this.The U.S soccer team has a better chance at winning the world cup than the Euroleague has at ever reaching elite NBA status in basketball.

It's not even close, if you think about it. The U.S team was literally 1 less Zusi f*ck up away from reaching the World Cup quarterfinals just 6 months ago. In basketball, the U.S has shitted on and completely humiliated international competition for almost a decade.

So no, Euroleague will never be better than the NBA. Not in the next 50 years at least.
well that's not a fair comparison, it would be more like the US soccer team has a better chance at winning the world cup than a european basketball team of winning the world cup, and I think the later has happened far more times than the former and, also if you consider a decade a long time ago you must be under 20

Euroleague
12-16-2014, 04:59 PM

Keep the racist crap out of here.

Euroleague
12-16-2014, 05:03 PM
I agree with this. The U.S soccer team has a better chance at winning the world cup than the Euroleague has at ever reaching elite NBA status in basketball.

Euroleague has NOTHING to do with any national team tournament.

NBA has NOTHING to do with any national team tournament.

Team USA has NEVER ONCE IN ALL OF HISTORY played a single game against a European team.

STOP TROLLING.

Andrew_Wiggins post was trolling to the the extreme nth degree. Do NOT continue on with it, and do NOT take it into the realm of ludicrous level trolling.

There is a trolling limit, and you went way beyond it with that post.

Euroleague
12-16-2014, 05:05 PM
well that's not a fair comparison, it would be more like the US soccer team has a better chance at winning the world cup than a european basketball team of winning the world cup, and I think the later has happened far more times than the former and, also if you consider a decade a long time ago you must be under 20

Explain how the Euroleague has anything to do with a national team competition.

Explain how the NBA has anything to do with a national team competition.

Name one single time in history when Team USA ever played against a "European " team."

That's not a "fair comparison". That's some of the most absurd trolling yet in this huge troll thread.

CavaliersFTW
12-16-2014, 05:05 PM
Euroleague are you sure you properly reported me to abuse? I haven't been notified of my reprimand yet. Just wondering if it went through, maybe try reporting me again. Remember to report straight to abuse.

CavaliersFTW
12-16-2014, 05:08 PM
Fair to say AAU ball in the U.S. is roughly equal to the professional ranks in Europe?

Euroleague
12-16-2014, 05:08 PM
Euroleague are you sure you properly reported me to abuse? I haven't been notified of my reprimand yet. Just wondering if it went through, maybe try reporting me again. Remember to report straight to abuse.

The mod fascist is deleting all of the complaints as always. Don't worry, I am going to send a complaint detailing everything to Jeff's personal email account.

I will also be sending a formal complaint about that vicious attack thread you made against me, since that mod used it as a justification against me in a private message he sent me for why he allows anyone here to troll me and harass me and never will do anything when I report it to abuse.

So don't worry, you will be hearing from Jeff quite soon.

CavaliersFTW
12-16-2014, 05:12 PM
The mod fascist is deleting all of the complaints as always. Don't worry, I am going to send a complaint detailing everything to Jeff's personal email account.

I will also be sending a formal complaint about that vicious attack thread you made against me, since that mod used it as a justification against me in a private message me he sent me for why he allows anyone here to troll me and harass me and never will do anything when I report it to abuse.

So don't worry, you will be hearing from Jeff quite soon.
:lol link!?

yarrak
12-16-2014, 05:33 PM
No, It won't... because of the athleticism difference. The athletic ability of players is pretty much what separates NBA from European basketball.

CavaliersFTW
12-16-2014, 05:37 PM
No, It won't... because of the athleticism difference. The athletic ability of players is pretty much what separates NBA from European basketball.
Somewhere in Arkansas:

http://i.imgur.com/FER1V0V.gif

Rooster
12-16-2014, 05:43 PM

Not only in athleticism, most Euros are soft too.:oldlol:

Mr. I'm So Rad
12-16-2014, 05:45 PM
Why have we been having this same discussion with Euroleague for years?

Everybody already knows America > Europe when it comes to anything that's cool

Euroleague
12-16-2014, 05:46 PM
People need to stop this. This endless troll claim.

This troll thread again is full of this same claim.

Team USA never plays a European team. They never play against Europe.

They play against single countries from Europe.

That troll Milbuck just in this thread started his same lies about me saying USA would lose - when I have said over and over under the current format, there is no reason for them to lose in the next 50 to 100 years.

The issue though that becomes total trolling and BS nonsense, is the constant claim that USA "plays against Europe" or that USA plays against the European (or Euroleague) team", or that "the NBA plays against a European (or Euroleague) team".

No. They have never once in history played a European team, or a Euroleague team, etc.

So all of this nonsense is simply false and totally untrue. Is USA "more athletic" than Spain, Lithuania, Belgium, Germany, etc.? Yes. Are they better individually? Yes.

But never one time does anyone say that. It is "USA is better than Europe, USA is more athletic than Europe, USA is superior to Europe", or they say even dumber things like "Euroleague".

USA has never one time in history played against a Team Europe. They have never one time in history played against a Euroleague all star team. The same with any NBA team.

And no.....USA is NOT superior to a European team.

THAT is how this all becomes trolling.

The simple fact that such a simple and obvious truth and logic is ignored and used as a trolling exercise endlessly here is really ignorant and childish.

And to then say that USA is closer in football to Europe, than Europe is to USA in basketball - that is truly astonishing in its level of ludicrousness.

The simple fact that 99% of the people here can't grasp such a simple concept that USA is better than INDIVIDUAL countries, or that "Europe" is NOT a country. That "Europe" is a CONTINENT, not a country - is so unbelievably ridiculous and pathetic that it's just freaking sad and lame as hell.

But on and on and on and on it goes here. Without anyone being able to even for one second realize EUROPE isn't a freaking country and Spain, France, Slovenia, Ukraine - whatever team USA plays against - those are NOT "Europe", and those sure the hell are not a "Euroleague team" (even teams like Serbia are mostly made up of players that are not good enough to play in Euroleague) - those are not a "team Europe", even though every damn moron here keeps saying for years that they are.

It really shows that the average IQ level here is about 60.

ralph_i_el
12-16-2014, 06:15 PM
People need to stop this. This endless troll claim.

This troll thread again is full of this same claim.

Team USA never plays a European team. They never play against Europe.

They play against single countries from Europe.

That troll Milbuck just in this thread started his same lies about me saying USA would lose - when I have said over and over under the current format, there is no reason for them to lose in the next 50 to 100 years.

The issue though that becomes total trolling and BS nonsense, is the constant claim that USA "plays against Europe" or that USA plays against the European (or Euroleague) team", or that "the NBA plays against a European (or Euroleague) team".

No. They have never once in history played a European team, or a Euroleague team, etc.

So all of this nonsense is simply false and totally untrue. Is USA "more athletic" than Spain, Lithuania, Belgium, Germany, etc.? Yes. Are they better individually? Yes.

But never one time does anyone say that. It is "USA is better than Europe, USA is more athletic than Europe, USA is superior to Europe", or they say even dumber things like "Euroleague".

USA has never one time in history played against a Team Europe. They have never one time in history played against a Euroleague all star team. The same with any NBA team.

And no.....USA is NOT superior to a European team.

THAT is how this all becomes trolling.

The simple fact that such a simple and obvious truth and logic is ignored and used as a trolling exercise endlessly here is really ignorant and childish.

And to then say that USA is closer in football to Europe, than Europe is to USA in basketball - that is truly astonishing in its level of ludicrousness.

The simple fact that 99% of the people here can't grasp such a simple concept that USA is better than INDIVIDUAL countries, or that "Europe" is NOT a country. That "Europe" is a CONTINENT, not a country - is so unbelievably ridiculous and pathetic that it's just freaking sad and lame as hell.

But on and on and on and on it goes here. Without anyone being able to even for one second realize EUROPE isn't a freaking country and Spain, France, Slovenia, Ukraine - whatever team USA plays against - those are NOT "Europe", and those sure the hell are not a "Euroleague team" (even teams like Serbia are mostly made up of players that are not good enough to play in Euroleague) - those are not a "team Europe", even though every damn moron here keeps saying for years that they are.

It really shows that the average IQ level here is about 60.

So who wins, North America or Europe?

Euroleague
12-16-2014, 06:20 PM

Why would USA combine with Canada, Mexico, and Caribbean countries?

outbreak
12-16-2014, 06:25 PM
Why would USA combine with Canada, Mexico, and Caribbean countries?

Even things up a little, if there's a quota in place that USA must have 3/4s of their roster come from those three countries and only 1/4 from USA maybe Europe stands a chance?

Euroleague
12-16-2014, 06:26 PM
Even things up a little, if there's a quota in place that USA must have 3/4s of their roster come from those three countries and only 1/4 from USA maybe Europe stands a chance?

Yeah and maybe if they have to have just 1 Aussie on the team, Europe wins by 50.

Piss off troll.

Rooster
12-16-2014, 06:35 PM

I think DLeaguers should represent North America. Look at Andrew Goudeluck, he is balling in Euroleague 2nd in scoring while shooting 60% and 48% on threes.:oldlol:

Nash
12-16-2014, 06:40 PM
USA vs Europe

CP3
Lebron
Durant
Davis
Howard

vs

Parker
Belinelli
Batum
Nowizki
M.Gasol

Euroleague
12-16-2014, 06:47 PM
USA vs Europe

CP3
Lebron
Durant
Davis
Howard

vs

Parker
Belinelli
Batum
Nowizki
M.Gasol

That's an NBA all star game, Americans versus Europe format.

That's not a national team game, in European format.

You have the general idea, but you can't just make it an NBA all star game, because you are once again greatly limiting the talent pool for the European team, because many of the European players in the NBA are not good enough to make the all Europe team.

Nash
12-16-2014, 06:54 PM
That's an NBA all star game, Americans versus Europe format.

That's not a national team game, in European format.

You have the general idea, but you can't just make it an NBA all star game, because you are once again greatly limiting the talent pool for the European team, because many of the European players in the NBA are not good enough to make the all Europe team.Since my knowledge about the European game, what would your best Euro 5 be? NBA and Euroleague players.

Euroleague
12-16-2014, 08:18 PM
Since my knowledge about the European game, what would your best Euro 5 be? NBA and Euroleague players.

I wouldn't pick something like a Euro best 5, because a lot of the players can play multiple positions and play the same position.

Maybe something like a best 10 or 11 would make more sense.

deja vu
12-16-2014, 08:21 PM
Explain to me why all the best ball handlers are are black
Stockton?

yarrak
12-16-2014, 08:21 PM
Not only in athleticism, most Euros are soft too.:oldlol:

Well again, that's mostly because of the athleticism difference. They are going against people who are quicker, faster, stronger than them. They can't help it:lol

Euroleague
12-16-2014, 08:22 PM
Well again, that's mostly because of the athleticism difference. They are going against people who are quicker, faster, stronger than them. They can't help it:lol

Again, keep racism out of the thread please.

deja vu
12-16-2014, 08:34 PM

World Cup quarterfinals is still like 1 out of 8 teams. :lol It's still very very far away from the trophy.

Let's face it. The gap between the US and the rest of the world is smaller in basketball than the gap between Germany/Spain/Argentina/etc. and the US in football/soccer.

It's not a bad thing though since soccer development in the US is like the Third World ATM. They don't have elite players and won't have any as long as their training programs remain primitive.

European teams have beaten the US and won world titles and Olympic titles in basketball before. So it's not like the US is an invincible powerhouse.

yarrak
12-16-2014, 08:57 PM
Again, keep racism out of the thread please.

I'm white, European and NOT racist. Stop with all this euro basket is better than NBA BS.

In Europe, everyone's dream is to play NBA ball. People grow up watching and idolizing NBA players. Most euroleague players aren't good enough to compete in the NBA. The ones that can but don't, choose to play euro basketball because they can dominate or become elite players in europe rather than being a bench warmer, or just an average player in the NBA.

I played ball with a couple of people who are now starting for Euroleague teams and was actually teammates with them for quite some time before I came to the States. Their dream is to play NBA ball as well. One of them was actually the MVP in the European Championship for U18. 6-6 PG, starts for Fenerbahce. (Kenan Sipahi) He can make it to the NBA (if he improves his shooting) but doesn't really want to because he knows he won't be that great of a player there. He might become a Rick Rubio type of player since his passing and basketball iq are pretty good. He might actually be a little better since he is tall for his position and has long arms but still... He needs to be a lot better than what he is right now skill wise to be relevant in the NBA.

I played ball in the States and Europe so I know what I'm talking about and can compare the two. The stuff you say here on this forum is hilarious and total BS. You're just a delusional troll bro. Nba>>>>Euroleague and it ain't even close...

Dr.J4ever
12-17-2014, 10:36 AM
I'm white, European and NOT racist. Stop with all this euro basket is better than NBA BS.

In Europe, everyone's dream is to play NBA ball. People grow up watching and idolizing NBA players. Most euroleague players aren't good enough to compete in the NBA. The ones that can but don't, choose to play euro basketball because they can dominate or become elite players in europe rather than being a bench warmer, or just an average player in the NBA.

I played ball with a couple of people who are now starting for Euroleague teams and was actually teammates with them for quite some time before I came to the States. Their dream is to play NBA ball as well. One of them was actually the MVP in the European Championship for U18. 6-6 PG, starts for Fenerbahce. (Kenan Sipahi) He can make it to the NBA (if he improves his shooting) but doesn't really want to because he knows he won't be that great of a player there. He might become a Rick Rubio type of player since his passing and basketball iq are pretty good. He might actually be a little better since he is tall for his position and has long arms but still... He needs to be a lot better than what he is right now skill wise to be relevant in the NBA.

I played ball in the States and Europe so I know what I'm talking about and can compare the two. The stuff you say here on this forum is hilarious and total BS. You're just a delusional troll bro. Nba>>>>Euroleague and it ain't even close...

It's unfortunate really that the gap between American players vis a vis international players has not closed at all by now, but has probably grown larger in recent years.

There might have been a time during the years of 2000 to 2006 and thereabouts that you honestly couldn't say that Euro players/ internationals weren't closing the gap fast when compared to American players. You could argue many scouts felt that Euro players, in particular, closed the gap during that stretch of years.

I think international competitions showed this. Many people's eyes in the US were opened when Lithuania gave a KG/ Carter led US team all it could handle in the 2000 Olympics. In 2002, the US was beaten by upstart and growing power, Argentina. Led by Manu, Argentina upset the NBA laden US team for the 1st time ever. Then Sebia led by many upper tier players like Peja, Vlade, and Bodiroga defeated the Pierce led US team in the same tournament.

In 2004 and 2006, emerging powers like Greece and Spain led by NBA or top EL players defeated seemingly superstar led US teams with Iverson, Duncan, Lebron, Melo, and Wade. Spain, in particular, had a a bunch of players that eventually played in the NBA with varying levels of success. The Greek team was once considered by some ESPN analysts as the world's best team. due to their teamwork.

So what happened? Today, the gap is larger than it has ever been. Americans lord over the basketball world. It's not close, save for a few elite Euros.

Two things. One is that there isn't much depth to all the basketball development in all those other countries. The US is like a factory with it's larger population and grass roots development. With the other countries, suddenly there's now a dearth of talent. The last World Championship proved this when the US sent a C team or whatever, and bulldozed it's way to the Gold with as little resistance since the Dream Team days.

The other thing is that the US has actually come closer to the international style of basketball that confused American players earlier in the decade. In the early part of the decade, most NBA players and teams were still used to iso/post up basketball, and zones were few and far between. In 2004, we thought sending a post up team led by the great Duncan and iso players like A1 and Marbury would be enough. The results were embarrassing.

If you watch NBA ball today, it's not close to how team played in the early part of the 2000s. Today in the NBA, the style is really closer to how the rest of the world plays. You know, bigs on the perimeter shooting 3s, drive and kick out to the 3 point shooter, less iso ball, great shooting,and even NBA style zones are becoming more prevalent.

In other words, early in the 2000s, I saw American players confused and culture shocked at how basketball was being played outside their borders. They weren't playing naturally in international competition, and today we are displaying, once again, that the US is the best in basketball. This time, we are playing hoops just like the rest of the world, but with far greater athleticism. The result: total dominance.

Just my take on this.

SpanishACB
12-17-2014, 10:54 AM
He might become a Rick Rubio type of player since his passing and basketball iq are pretty good.

if he can earn 14 millions a year and choses not to he's just using excuses

Ray22
12-17-2014, 09:58 PM
It's unfortunate really that the gap between American players vis a vis international players has not closed at all by now, but has probably grown larger in recent years.

Ehm, no.

1990-1991: 21 international players in NBA
2000-2001: 45
2014-2015: 101 - highest ever

Dr.J4ever
12-17-2014, 10:11 PM
Ehm, no.

1990-1991: 21 international players in NBA
2000-2001: 45
2014-2015: 101 - highest ever

I don't think your stats prove anything. Maybe that more scouts are more aware of the international player as a prospect. I will give you that. Also remember that many of those international players were signed during the years when international/Euro basketball players peaked in the eyes of many scouts--from 2000-2006. After all, these were the years when a Darko Milicik was signed and considered a savior by many.

I will argue that the international player as a prospect is waning once again after some big time failures by some high profile players, and also the recent dominance by the United States in international play.

Ray22
12-17-2014, 10:23 PM
I don't think your stats prove anything.

No. The fact that 1/5 of the league consists of international players, is actually proof that the gap is smaller now than ever. :confusedshrug:

Euroleague
12-17-2014, 10:25 PM

I never said "Euro basketball is better than NBA".

So, because you are white you can't be racist?

:lol :oldlol: :roll:

GTFO

And based on that post, you are NOT European, and you have never in your life seen a Euroleague game.

Go back to Ferguson, Missouri and burn a cross in someone's yard.

Euroleague
12-17-2014, 10:28 PM
if he can earn 14 millions a year and choses not to he's just using excuses

If you believed a single word of that post, you are the dumbest person to ever post here.

Euroleague
12-17-2014, 10:30 PM
No. The fact that 1/5 of the league consists of international players, is actually proof that the gap is smaller now than ever. :confusedshrug:

Don't waste your time arguing with Dr.J4ever. He's one of the biggest trolls in the history of this forum.

1987_Lakers
12-17-2014, 11:37 PM

:applause:

Euroleague
12-18-2014, 01:51 AM
:applause:

You are sinking to a whole new level of trolling now. You are agreeing with what is obviously another troll alias of Rooster, Dr.J4ever, Milbuck, etc., they have dozens of them.

You are entering into the level of greatest trolls to ever visit this forum territory.

1. They don't use starters and bench in Europe and everyone that knows even the very most basic 101 about European basketball knows that. The team Sipahi plays on, Fenerbahce, SURE THE HELL DOES NOT.

2. Very few players in Europe "grow up dreaming about playing in NBA". In fact, hardly any even care about it. Most only have any interest to play in Europe, and even at that locally. It's almost impossible to even watch an NBA game live on TV in Europe, especially so for any athletes.

3. Kenan Sipahi is not a starter in Fener anyway, and barely even plays on that team at all. He's like a 13th man or something, and yet here this clown is implying that he was the team's starting point guard (starter, as in what a starter means in the NBA).

If you had bothered to take even 2 minutes on Google to check that yourself, you would have been able to confirm that, before you exposed yourself as yet another mega colossal trolling POS.

You just could not wait to jump in and applaud what was one of the most over the top and ridiculous troll posts made in this forum in some time, because you yourself have proven you are also an enormous troll.

ANYONE that starts trolling in with the likes of people like Rooster, Milbuck, Dr.J4ever, etc. is without any doubt an unbelievable level troll.

But the fact you could not even grasp that they are LYING and MAKING THIS SHIT UP and that it is TOTALLY A LIE....is proof of a serious mental malfunction.

And IF you come back and say you knew they were lying and trolling, it just proves that you are another troll alias of theirs, just like this yarrak clown.

Giving your troll aliases applause is absolutely pathetic.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Milbuck
12-18-2014, 01:57 AM

:applause: Holy shit. Euroleague absolutely destroyed in this post.

Euroleague
12-18-2014, 02:00 AM
:applause: Holy shit. Euroleague absolutely destroyed in this post.

By a guy claiming to be a fan of Fenerbahce and at the same time, he claimed his team's 3rd string point guard was their "starting point guard". And starter, as in NBA type starter, when there is no such thing in Europe.

Yeah, I sure got "destroyed". I got "destroyed" alright, destroyed by yet another pathetic alias of yours.

Your trolling is LAME.

Go back to troll kindergarten.

Milbuck
12-18-2014, 02:05 AM
By a guy claiming to be a fan of Fenerbahce and at the same time, he claimed his team's 3rd string point guard was their "starting point guard". And starter, as in NBA type starter, when there is no such thing in Europe.

Yeah, I sure got "destroyed". I got "destroyed" alright, destroyed by yet another pathetic alias of yours.

Your trolling is LAME.

Go back to troll kindergarten.
He said he is a fan of Fenerbahce, therefore his knowledge of the team immediately trumps yours. Kenan Sipahi must be their starting PG. Because he is right about that and you are wrong, this means his credibility trumps yours. Therefore everything else he said must be right, including the part about Euroleague being vastly inferior to the NBA in every way, and how the best players in Euroleague would be bench players in the NBA.

Euroleague
12-18-2014, 02:11 AM
He said he is a fan of Fenerbahce, therefore his knowledge of the team immediately trumps yours. Kenan Sipahi must be their starting PG. Because he is right about that and you are wrong, this means his credibility trumps yours. Therefore everything else he said must be right, including the part about Euroleague being vastly inferior to the NBA in every way, and how the best players in Euroleague would be bench players in the NBA.

First of all, "he" is another troll alias of yours. Secondly, "he" does not even know what Fenerbahce is. Otherwise, "he" would have known "his" team's "starting" point guard was actually a 3rd string.

I am putting you on ignore now, along with your pathetic troll alias accounts 1987_Lakers and yarrak.

Just so you know, it is considered trolling to LIE about stuff like this under the forum's new rules. Just like it would be to start posting that the 3rd string of the Bucks was their "starter" and to keep trolling about that.

You are a clown.

Milbuck
12-18-2014, 02:17 AM
First of all, "he" is another troll alias of yours. Secondly, "he" does not even know what Fenerbahce is. Otherwise, "he" would have known "his" team's "starting" point guard was actually a 3rd string.

I am putting you on ignore now, along with your pathetic troll alias accounts 1987_Lakers and yarrak.

Just so you know, it is considered trolling to LIE about stuff like this under the forum's new rules. Just like it would be to start posting that the 3rd string of the Bucks was their "starter" and to keep trolling about that.

You are a clown.
But he said he was a Fenerbahce fan so he knows about their team. Therefore Kenan Sipahi is their starting PG and everything else he said about Euroleage vs NBA is right.

Euroleague
12-18-2014, 02:29 AM
Milbuck you have been reported to the abuse system. If the mods do nothing as usual, I will be reporting it to admin. if the mods delete that as usual, I will be adding you to the abuse report I am emailing to the admin.

You have been warned. So cut the shit out now.

CavaliersFTW
12-18-2014, 02:31 AM
Milbuck you have been reported to the abuse system. If the mods do nothing as usual, I will be reporting it to admin. if the mods delete that as usual, I will be adding you to the abuse report I am emailing to the admin.

You have been warned. So cut the shit out now.
I'm reporting you straight to God. Repent your sins now or forever be damned.

sportjames23
12-18-2014, 02:33 AM

?

And to add to it...

Tell em I said it.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

sportjames23
12-18-2014, 02:36 AM

Please, Jeff, make it so. The fallout would be so epic. :oldlol:

Euroleague
12-18-2014, 02:39 AM
I'm reporting you straight to God. Repent your sins now or forever be damned.

http://cbsnews1.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2010/09/07/8ea40b5c-a642-11e2-a3f0-029118418759/thumbnail/620x350/78e4df26a5a1b0e42b464a1f056b039b/image6842619.jpg

Mr. Jabbar
12-18-2014, 02:41 AM
i havent watched a single euroleague game in my life and wont do in the future, maybe if my life depended on it, but then again thats not the life i wanna live so i might just kiss this world goodbye

Euroleague
12-18-2014, 02:44 AM
Please, Jeff, make it so. The fallout would be so epic. :oldlol:

There would be no fallout. I would just actually be a good and fair mod. That's it. I'm actually a nice guy. But I wouldn't allow this constant ridiculous trolling, flaming, racist posts, etc.

At the same time, I would not be a dick like these current mods are either - deleting threads and posts for no reason, favoring certain posters for no reason, locking threads they disagree with, letting certain posters do whatever they want, changing thread titles, and on and on.

All that bullshit is just too much. I absolutely HATE those sites like realgm that are so mod controlled, but at the same time, this site's mods refuse to delete trolling and racist posts by some people, and then other people's posts, no matter what they are about, get deleted or locked if they even start a thread.

Timmy D for MVP
12-18-2014, 02:48 AM
Is this thread still going? I thought we pretty much wrapped this up a while ago with a pretty resounding not likely.

sportjames23
12-18-2014, 02:53 AM
There would be no fallout. I would just actually be a good and fair mod. That's it. I'm actually a nice guy. But I wouldn't allow this constant ridiculous trolling, flaming, racist posts, etc.

At the same time, I would not be a dick like these current mods are either - deleting threads and posts for no reason, favoring certain posters for no reason, locking threads they disagree with, letting certain posters do whatever they want, changing thread titles, and on and on.

All that bullshit is just too much. I absolutely HATE those sites like realgm that are so mod controlled, but at the same time, this site's mods refuse to delete trolling and racist posts by some people, and then other people's posts, no matter what they are about, get deleted or locked if they even start a thread.

I actually believe you'd be fair.

But you and Kblaze butting heads as mods would be entertaining.

Rooster
12-18-2014, 03:13 AM
But he said he was a Fenerbahce fan so he knows about their team. Therefore Kenan Sipahi is their starting PG and everything else he said about Euroleage vs NBA is right.

No way when you have Andrew Goudeluck beasting against those scrubs. :oldlol: He broke the Euroleague 3 point record with 10 threes:bowdown: while 2nd in the league in scoring and shooting 60 % from the field and 48% from the 3 point and named MVP twice already.

Euroleague
12-18-2014, 10:07 PM
No way when you have Andrew Goudeluck beasting against those scrubs. :oldlol: He broke the Euroleague 3 point record with 10 threes:bowdown: while 2nd in the league in scoring and shooting 60 % from the field and 48% from the 3 point and named MVP twice already.

And once again you fail at basic math.

outbreak
12-18-2014, 10:20 PM

I don't think Sipahi has started a single game for them, he averages like 10 minutes off the bench iirc.

Maga_1
12-19-2014, 12:59 AM
I don't think Sipahi has started a single game for them, he averages like 10 minutes off the bench iirc.

Actually Sipahi started a couple of matches this season, because i watched them.
But he merely starts because of defensive matchups against tough PG's since his main quality is his defense.

He's just a rotation player, barely attacks the basket or tries to be part of offense. Just cross the court dribbling asks for a set play and then let the LOADS of talent that they had do their thing.

eliteballer
12-19-2014, 02:42 AM
It might.

The European Union actually has a bigger population and bigger economy than the US, and the EU isn't even all of Europe.

If the game gets popular enough over there it's a real possibility.

Which IMO is why Stern was always so crazy about getting teams over there.

yarrak
12-19-2014, 04:57 AM
I never said "Euro basketball is better than NBA".

So, because you are white you can't be racist?

:lol :oldlol: :roll:

GTFO

And based on that post, you are NOT European, and you have never in your life seen a Euroleague game.

Go back to Ferguson, Missouri and burn a cross in someone's yard.

How many times do I need to say I'm not racist for you to understand. Athleticism plays a big role in basketball and black people tend to be more athletic. It's a FACT. Stating facts makes me racist now?

I didn't grow up in the States dumb ass. I watched a lot more Euroleague games than NBA games when I was little. I was an Efes Pilsen fan and can still name most of the players they had in the early 2000.. It wasn't because Euroleague was better though..The 8 hour time difference made it really hard to watch the NBA. Almost every game started after 2am my time. I was a huge Vince Carter fan so every once in a while I'd set up an alarm to wake up in the middle of the night and watch his games but other than that I was just watching Euroleague. If it wasn't for the time difference, NBA would have been my first choice for sure. I didn't understand the game the way I do know since I was little but even then I knew that NBA was so much better. Later on I became a fan of the early 2000 Kings team, and honestly that team would shit all over every euroleague team ever. They were so much fun to watch unlike any euroleague team.. Not just that team. Any decent Nba Playoff team would destroy Euroleague teams with ease.

2. Very few players in Europe "grow up dreaming about playing in NBA". In fact, hardly any even care about it. Most only have any interest to play in Europe, and even at that locally. It's almost impossible to even watch an NBA game live on TV in Europe, especially so for any athletes.

Oh yeah? I started playing basketball at the age of 6 and from that point on 90% of my teammates wore shoes that belonged to an NBA star. T-Mac, Kobe, Jordan. Lebrons bacame really popular later on. The other 10% either couldn't afford the shoes or didn't really give a shit about whose shoe it was as long as what they had was basketball shoes. Not being able to watch the games live doesn't mean that they don't know anything about it...

3. Kenan Sipahi is not a starter in Fener anyway, and barely even plays on that team at all. He's like a 13th man or something, and yet here this clown is implying that he was the team's starting point guard (starter, as in what a starter means in the NBA).
If you had bothered to take even 2 minutes on Google to check that yourself, you would have been able to confirm that, before you exposed yourself as yet another mega colossal trolling POS.

He was before he BROKE his wrist and missed 3-4 months of action idiot.. You claim to be a Euroleague fan but you don't even know that? You're here saying he barely even plays on that team..He just came back from the injury you dumb ****. Did you expect him to play 35 mins a game? Check out the following link and see what it says.

"Sipahi had started eight regular season Euroleague games for Fenerbahce"

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/131666/180/fenerbahce-ulker-loses-sipahi-for-3-months

you really disappointed me man. I thought you knew euroleague better than anyone else..Now I'm not saying I know Euroleague well, there are probably a a lot of people just on this forum who know better than me.. BUT unlike you, I speak the truth brah. So STFU and take it like a man.

Sipahi started over Bo Mccalebb, one of the best point guards in Euroleague, if not the best.. Not because he was better, but Obradovic saw something in him and started him over bo at just 18 years of age.. You prolly knew all this but didn't think I would come up with all this shit so you just lied like you do in ALL your posts.

I never claimed I was a Fenerbahce fan. I hate Fenerbahce with a passion.. I already exposed your lies about him being the 3rd string point guard so no need to respond to that BS.

You are a clown.

I don't even know what Fenerbahce is? Lol. I'm from Turkey bro. Turkey's population is 80 million and there are around 25 million Fenerbahce fans but according to you I don't know what Fenerbahce is? Yeah ok:roll: :roll:

90% of their fans don't give a shit about basketball either and didn't up until like 5-10 years ago. Ulker sponsored Fenerbahce and gave them a shit ton of money so they could have a better basketball team. All their fans become Fenerbahce fans because of their soccer team. Fenerbahce is one of the 3 biggest clubs there along with Galatasaray and Besiktas.

It's the same with Galatasaray. Has 30 million fans (including me) and everytime they play in Euroleague, the arena is full of fans but it's not because they love Euroleague. They just love the team, and would support the team no matter which tournament they played in. Euroleague games tend to draw more fan support because the quality of the basketball is higher but the rest is exactly like I explained. It's the same all around Europe. They don't get to go to NBA games, so they just go to whatever they have..

There are some people who like Euroleague more than NBA, I'll give you that. They all say the same thing.. "but but but but they actually play defense in euroleague and they play team basketball.." NBA Playoffs>>>>Anything Euroleague has to offer. CASE CLOSED.

I don't even watch Galatasaray's Euroleague games even though I'm a huge basketball and Gs fan. Carlos Arroyo plays for Gs and he is killing it in Euroleague.. He was a scrub in the NBA. Sorry man I don't enjoy watching scrubs dominate when I can watch the best players go at it.

As far as knowing about Fenerbahce goes, Sipahi was a teammate of mine and I like him as a friend. That's the only reason why I know about them as much as I do. Otherwise I don't really give a shit about fenerbahce.

Is this enough for you or should I just keep exposing you? As my man, Eminem says:

Let it go dawg, it's over.

Jon_Koncak
12-19-2014, 08:34 AM
It might.

The European Union actually has a bigger population and bigger economy than the US, and the EU isn't even all of Europe.

that's true.Problem is basketball isnt really popular in countries with the strongest economies and bigger markets in europe.In England it's non existant,in Germany it's growin a bit but still less popular than handball or winter sports.In France despite all those good players comin from there lately and Tony Parker it;s still like 7th sport.Basketball is mostly popular in meditteranean countries(still way behind soccer) and some small ones like Lithuania,ex yugoslav countries etc .and then we have the strange case of Russia where clubs throw a shitload of money but noone seems to care as arenas are always empty...European bball desperately needs to become big in France,England,Germany but i dont see it happening during our lifetime.

SpanishACB
12-19-2014, 08:40 AM
that's true.Problem is basketball isnt really popular in countries with the strongest economies and bigger markets in europe.In England it's non existant,in Germany it's growin a bit but still less popular than handball or winter sports.In France despite all those good players comin from there lately and Tony Parker it;s still like 7th sport.Basketball is mostly popular in meditteranean countries(still way behind soccer) and some small ones like Lithuania,ex yugoslav countries etc .and then we have the strange case of Russia where clubs throw a shitload of money but noone seems to care as arenas are always empty...European bball desperately needs to become big in France,England,Germany but i dont see it happening during our lifetime.

I don't see how that would make a difference. France, maybe. But England? How? They don't have the culture or the population..

England is barely relevant in football, their main sport, regardless of the importance of their national league.

brownmamba00
12-19-2014, 08:45 AM
How many times do I need to say I'm not racist for you to understand. Athleticism plays a big role in basketball and black people tend to be more athletic. It's a FACT. Stating facts makes me racist now?

I didn't grow up in the States dumb ass. I watched a lot more Euroleague games than NBA games when I was little. I was an Efes Pilsen fan and can still name most of the players they had in the early 2000.. It wasn't because Euroleague was better though..The 8 hour time difference made it really hard to watch the NBA. Almost every game started after 2am my time. I was a huge Vince Carter fan so every once in a while I'd set up an alarm to wake up in the middle of the night and watch his games but other than that I was just watching Euroleague. If it wasn't for the time difference, NBA would have been my first choice for sure. I didn't understand the game the way I do know since I was little but even then I knew that NBA was so much better. Later on I became a fan of the early 2000 Kings team, and honestly that team would shit all over every euroleague team ever. They were so much fun to watch unlike any euroleague team.. Not just that team. Any decent Nba Playoff team would destroy Euroleague teams with ease.

Oh yeah? I started playing basketball at the age of 6 and from that point on 90% of my teammates wore shoes that belonged to an NBA star. T-Mac, Kobe, Jordan. Lebrons bacame really popular later on. The other 10% either couldn't afford the shoes or didn't really give a shit about whose shoe it was as long as what they had was basketball shoes. Not being able to watch the games live doesn't mean that they don't know anything about it...

He was before he BROKE his wrist and missed 3-4 months of action idiot.. You claim to be a Euroleague fan but you don't even know that? You're here saying he barely even plays on that team..He just came back from the injury you dumb ****. Did you expect him to play 35 mins a game? Check out the following link and see what it says.

http://www.euroleague.net/news/i/131666/180/fenerbahce-ulker-loses-sipahi-for-3-months

you really disappointed me man. I thought you knew euroleague better than anyone else..Now I'm not saying I know Euroleague well, there are probably a a lot of people just on this forum who know better than me.. BUT unlike you, I speak the truth brah. So STFU and take it like a man.

Sipahi started over Bo Mccalebb, one of the best point guards in Euroleague, if not the best.. Not because he was better, but Obradovic saw something in him and started him over bo at just 18 years of age.. You prolly knew all this but didn't think I would come up with all this shit so you just lied like you do in ALL your posts.

I never claimed I was a Fenerbahce fan. I hate Fenerbahce with a passion.. I already exposed your lies about him being the 3rd string point guard so no need to respond to that BS.

I don't even know what Fenerbahce is? Lol. I'm from Turkey bro. Turkey's population is 80 million and there are around 25 million Fenerbahce fans but according to you I don't know what Fenerbahce is? Yeah ok:roll: :roll:

90% of their fans don't give a shit about basketball either and didn't up until like 5-10 years ago. Ulker sponsored Fenerbahce and gave them a shit ton of money so they could have a better basketball team. All their fans become Fenerbahce fans because of their soccer team. Fenerbahce is one of the 3 biggest clubs there along with Galatasaray and Besiktas.

It's the same with Galatasaray. Has 30 million fans (including me) and everytime they play in Euroleague, the arena is full of fans but it's not because they love Euroleague. They just love the team, and would support the team no matter which tournament they played in. Euroleague games tend to draw more fan support because the quality of the basketball is higher but the rest is exactly like I explained. It's the same all around Europe. They don't get to go to NBA games, so they just go to whatever they have..

There are some people who like Euroleague more than NBA, I'll give you that. They all say the same thing.. "but but but but they actually play defense in euroleague and they play team basketball.." NBA Playoffs>>>>Anything Euroleague has to offer. CASE CLOSED.

I don't even watch Galatasaray's Euroleague games even though I'm a huge basketball and Gs fan. Carlos Arroyo plays for Gs and he is killing it in Euroleague.. He was a scrub in the NBA. Sorry man I don't enjoy watching scrubs dominate when I can watch the best players go at it.

As far as knowing about Fenerbahce goes, Sipahi was a teammate of mine and I like him as a friend. That's the only reason why I know about them as much as I do. Otherwise I don't really give a shit about fenerbahce.

Is this enough for you or should I just keep exposing you? As my man, Eminem says:

Carlos Arroyo>anything fenerbahce has

edit Arroyo was not a scrub in the NBA

Jon_Koncak
12-19-2014, 08:45 AM
How is England barely relevant in football when they have the richest league in the world?That's all that matters.Money,european bball is a bubble waitin to burst,90% of clubs lose money, big spanish ones survive only cause of their football clubs,some others rely on crazy owners to waste their money with no return..Strong,viable leauges are needed,german one which is growin a bit is a good start but much more need to happen or bball will become as relevant as volleyball.

Psileas
12-19-2014, 09:02 AM
Yarrak, the rest of your post was ok, but:

Even if he was a role player in the NBA, how can Arroyo be a "scrub" if he has shown that there are only a few hundreds of players better than him in the whole world? NBA scrub or not, he's still, literally, "one in millions" type of good, and so are many other Euroleague players. Isn't this a high enough level for you as a basketball fan? Do football fans only take games/teams seriously when they feature, say, a top-100 player in the world?

SpanishACB
12-19-2014, 09:45 AM
How is England barely relevant in football when they have the richest league in the world?That's all that matters.Money,european bball is a bubble waitin to burst,90% of clubs lose money, big spanish ones survive only cause of their football clubs,some others rely on crazy owners to waste their money with no return..Strong,viable leauges are needed,german one which is growin a bit is a good start but much more need to happen or bball will become as relevant as volleyball.

They're barely relevant as a nation. Money is not all that matters. I'm speaking of England. Not English clubs, if we can call them that, seeing as the top ones have more foreigners than English players, or at least, more key players.

Results do though, this is sports.

The only league with crazy owners splashing cash is the Premierleague. Unless you're trying to compare Malaga's and Valencia's takeover with the likes of Chelsea and Man City. It's laughable. It also proves money only takes you so far.

England haven't won a major trophy, as a nation, in decades, and that's not even what matters, what matters is they haven't been in the contender talk in ages. And even when they did, it was as host, and barely.

German one "growing a bit"? You're crazy. They're arguably the best run league in europe, best attendance and biggest growth. From irrelevancy to top flight in barely 10 years. The only nation in recent history to actually make good use of world cup built infraestructure to actually make the sport grow.

Jon_Koncak
12-19-2014, 10:20 AM
Why do you bring englands results in international competitions in this?I find it completely irrelevant.They could be as bad as San Marino,that doesnt change the fact that their league is the strongest in europe,if premier league turned into amateur league next morning that would be a huge blow to european soccer.In bball Serbia and Lithuania national teams are powerhouses but their leagues are mostly amateur and the vast majority of serbian and lithuanian players have to emigrate to make a livin.Strong domestic leagues and NT's performances are two completely different things.And that's what bball needs,leagues who can attract huge crowds and fat TV deals.Euroleague has been a complete failure in this aspect.(btw i was refferin to basketballs bundesliga not soccer's)

Dr.J4ever
12-19-2014, 10:34 AM
It might.

Correction: the US has again surpassed the entire EU in terms of GDP(Gross Domestic Product).. For those of you who don't understand, the US alone out produces the entire European Union, economically at least, in goods and services.

USA! USA! USA!

http://useconomy.about.com/od/grossdomesticproduct/p/largest_economy.htm

SpanishACB
12-19-2014, 10:42 AM
that doesnt change the fact that their league is the strongest in europe

Except it's not, as evidenced by UEFA and CL results in the last 100 years.

Not to mention big name players. Real Madrid took Ronaldo and Bale recently from hopeless (in the sense of having a chance to keep said players) Man Utd. and Spurs. Imagine an English club having a chance at buying peak Messi from Barcelona? No chance - Ballon D'Ors, they're all in Italy and Spain.

England has had the money. They've used that money to overpay for talent through history. But it's only the top league for anglosaxon people that buy into the hype machine that is Premiership marketing, very similar to the NBA package in the way it sells itself, specially internationally.

But the only reason we're even having this debate is a Russian godfather deciding to buy Chelsea and his highness Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan doing the same with City.

Or else there would only have Arsene's school and past glorys like Utd and Liverpool. It would be so terrible... Like English clubs in European competition recently.

Seems you chose the wrong person to pretend you have a clue about soccer, buddy.

pastis
12-19-2014, 10:44 AM
Correction: the US has again surpassed the entire EU in terms of GDP(Gross Domestic Product).. For those of you who don't understand, the US alone out produces the entire European Union, economically at least, in goods and services.

USA! USA! USA!

and what does the average worker benefit from? does his salary rise?

im happy living in social state like germany, where the govermant pays your health insurance, your apartment and everything needed, if you dont have a job.

there was a nice documentary in german televion about american health and social system in general...wooow...i was really sad for all those poor people in the US.
part of the documentary was to follow a german dentist doing healthcare for nothing in the american midwest during his "hollidays".... you really could have the impression of a third world country

pastis
12-19-2014, 10:47 AM
people shouldnt be so ignorant about european basketball.

with greece, turkey, spain and lithuania we have countrys with very very strong teams, who could play in the ECF right now and batteling without any probs for a 7-8th spot.

thing is, that in Germany nobody gives a fvck about this sport. We had in Germany in the beginning of the 00s the kobe and shaqmania, everyone had a kobe jersey. then there was the dirk mania and the lebron mania. but NOTHING, NOTHING has changed about the basketball culture in a general way. german basketball organisation hoped after Dirks win in 2011 that this sport would get more popular. but no.

we just have awful basketball players hee in germany. maybe once evry 50 years you have good basketball player rising (dirk and schrempf and now maybe schr

SpanishACB
12-19-2014, 10:51 AM

USA! USA! USA!

GDP includes Goverment investment.

Please don't pretend to have the power to know what you're discussing here. You're oversimplifying global level economy. It doesn't work that way.

Do some actual reading.

SpanishACB
12-19-2014, 10:54 AM
im happy living in social state like germany, where the govermant pays your health insurance, your apartment and everything needed, if you dont have a job.

why are you happy? you're jobless?

if you had a well paid work and you did your work worth then I'm not sure you'd be so happy about giving taxes to the lazy.

Having said that, of course Germany shits on the USA when it comes to quality of life. It's a no contest.

In the quality of life ranking there are 13 european cities before you find USA's first: Portland.

pastis
12-19-2014, 10:56 AM
why are you happy? you're jobless?

if you had a well paid work and you did your work worth then I'm not sure you'd be so happy about giving taxes to the lazy.

Having said that, of course Germany shits on the USA when it comes to quality of life. It's a no contest.

no im a student =D. its just in a general way....and im against the "hire and fire" mentality in USA and England.

oh btw: nearly in whole europe (except england) you pay NOTHING to study. EVerything is paid by the sate. while in england or usa...well up to 20.000 or 30.000 dollars a year:facepalm

SpanishACB
12-19-2014, 10:58 AM
no im a student =D.

oh btw: nearly in whole europe (except england) you pay NOTHING to study. EVerything is paid by the sate. while in england or usa...well up to 20.000 or 30.000 dollars a year:facepalm

yes, public education. However, in many european countries, private education is much better (there are exceptions), so it's still not the perfect system.

pastis
12-19-2014, 11:01 AM
yes, public education. However, in many european countries, private education is much better (there are exceptions), so it's still not the perfect system.

well i studied in germany and france....and at least there i cant see the difference between public and private education. but i have to admit that especially german enver had a private education tradition.

as i was in 10th grade i spent 4 weeks at eaton in england due to an exchange programm...maybe there you can see difference. in england. where private schools are part of the tradition for nearly a thound years

Dr.J4ever
12-19-2014, 11:17 AM
GDP includes Goverment investment.

Please don't pretend to have the power to know what you're discussing here. You're oversimplifying global level economy. It doesn't work that way.

Do some actual reading.

Perhaps, but so what? GDP is the primary standard used in measuring how large an economy is or if it is in recession. Declines in GDP of more than 2 or 3 quarters can be a sign that the economy has slipped into recession.

GDP is one uniform standard. EU countries get even more investment by their governments in their economies due to most of them being socialist states.

pastis
12-19-2014, 11:21 AM
Perhaps, but so what? GDP is the primary standard used in measuring how large an economy is or if it is in recession. Declines in GDP of more than 2 or 3 quarters can be a sign that the economy has slipped into recession.

GDP is one uniform standard. EU countries get even more investment by their governments in their economies due to most of them being socialist states.

first of all: your statement is not true.

secondly: we dont print money like the US if we are needing. disgusting

Dr.J4ever
12-19-2014, 11:26 AM
we dont print money like the US if we are needing. disgusting
LOL. sorry that is not true.. EU economies have been hurt by all these socialist states like Greece that have printed money to oblivion and who need help from the more responsible countries like Germany.

Why can't you admit the truth? The US>EU in size alone. It just is. Quality of life and other stuff? Yes, that's debatable.

SpanishACB
12-19-2014, 11:50 AM
LOL. sorry that is not true.. EU economies have been hurt by all these socialist states like Greece that have printed money to oblivion and who need help from the more responsible countries like Germany.

Why can't you admit the truth? The US>EU in size alone. It just is. Quality of life and other stuff? Yes, that's debatable.

Quality of life is not debatable. There are objective measurements dedicated to ranking these things. And no matter where you look. It's always Europe ahead, or Asia, or Oceania. There's cities everywhere in the world with a better life quality than any place in USA.

Size means very little. Sure, USA has the raw numbers due to being one whole big nation of the size of a continent, with all those people and no legit public economy (public health, education, insurance etc).

But then you rely on europe for all advanced engineering, pharmaceutics and infraestructure, so there's a long way to go... I mean, you even rely on us for your death sentence poison and we don't kill people for crimes here. This will become very obvious when the food market opens up. Not because your every day products do not meet the quality standards here, but because they don't even meet the minimal regulations to be legally sold!

USA is a world's first power, however, they're still years behind in plenty of things, specially in social politics.

Dr.J4ever
12-19-2014, 12:22 PM
Quality of life is not debatable. There are objective measurements dedicated to ranking these things. And no matter where you look. It's always Europe ahead, or Asia, or Oceania. There's cities everywhere in the world with a better life quality than any place in USA.

Size means very little. Sure, USA has the raw numbers due to being one whole big nation of the size of a continent, with all those people and no legit public economy (public health, education, insurance etc).

But then you rely on europe for all advanced engineering, pharmaceutics and infraestructure, so there's a long way to go... I mean, you even rely on us for your death sentence poison and we don't kill people for crimes here. This will become very obvious when the food market opens up. Not because your every day products do not meet the quality standards here, but because they don't even meet the minimal regulations to be legally sold!

USA is a world's first power, however, they're still years behind in plenty of things, specially in social politics.

Thanks for being honest and admitting the point about size of economies.

Yes, the size of an economy may not tell us about the quality of life of it's citizens. Even here in the US, it is debated among liberals and conservatives about the merits of the European Socialist model. Democrats tend to lean towards that model, and republicans tend to not like it at all.

Many Americans are happy in that middle ground the US capitalist model falls under. We have socialist principles in place but with much greater economic freedom and individualism than many Europeans. Yes, you may have more economic security than many Americans, but individualism is deeply ingrained in the American psyche. We are entrepreneurs and rugged and we can fend for ourselves, is what we are thought.

The idea of freedom and opportunity is what brought immigrants from every corner of the globe to come to the US. It is the reason US products like Apple, Microsoft, Google,etc.. still dominate the world. It is the reason that THE GUARDIAN called the US in 2002 the world's 1st "hyperpower". Not just a superpower, LOL.

http://www.theguardian.com/theguardian/2002/apr/11/guardianweekly.guardianweekly1

Anyway, back to basketball.:lol

Euroleague
12-20-2014, 12:56 AM

If you are "Turkish", then the Pope is a Southern Baptist.

Euroleague
12-20-2014, 01:04 AM

In the case of France, hardly any of the players ever come from France. They come from other countries and are diaspora, Parker included.

France had a few good players over the years like Rigadeau, Huertel, Diot, you get the idea, those kinds of guys...that were non diaspora, that's about it.

The others are all not from France. Besides that, the NBA scouts on French youth clubs more than anywhere in the world except for NCAA, due to the old relationships Stern built during those days he had from McDonald's Championships there in Paris and all of the marketing money from it.

So when you scout 10 times more somewhere, you are going to have 10 times more players get drafted. That's a simple fact. I would hardly tout France as an example there, for the sport not being popular, despite all the NBA players, because actually, they hardly grew up any basketball players from top to bottom at all, and if you take away the diaspora players, it is practically a zero, Parker included.

So I am sure that has something to do with it, because you know how they are in France, almost as xenophobic and racist as Americans are, generally speaking.

And their national team has for years been like 3/4's or more loaded with diaspora from island nations from around the world - and people from France are typically very hateful towards such people - again typical similar mindset like you typically see in USA. So it's not like that recent success their national team finally had is suddenly going to endear them either to many French.

Euroleague
12-20-2014, 01:09 AM
Yarrak, the rest of your post was ok, but:

Even if he was a role player in the NBA, how can Arroyo be a "scrub" if he has shown that there are only a few hundreds of players better than him in the whole world? NBA scrub or not, he's still, literally, "one in millions" type of good, and so are many other Euroleague players. Isn't this a high enough level for you as a basketball fan? Do football fans only take games/teams seriously when they feature, say, a top-100 player in the world?

If you haven't figured out that yet that "yarrak" is a troll alias of gabepizza...you are slow.

Euroleague
12-20-2014, 01:12 AM

USA! USA! USA!

The only country in the world that still even uses GDP as a measure is the USA. You are an incredibly ignorant person.

Euroleague
12-20-2014, 01:15 AM
Why do you bring englands results in international competitions in this?I find it completely irrelevant.They could be as bad as San Marino,that doesnt change the fact that their league is the strongest in europe,if premier league turned into amateur league next morning that would be a huge blow to european soccer.In bball Serbia and Lithuania national teams are powerhouses but their leagues are mostly amateur and the vast majority of serbian and lithuanian players have to emigrate to make a livin.Strong domestic leagues and NT's performances are two completely different things.And that's what bball needs,leagues who can attract huge crowds and fat TV deals.Euroleague has been a complete failure in this aspect.(btw i was refferin to basketballs bundesliga not soccer's)

It's the best marketed and most hyped league, not the best league. It's basically Europe's answer for the NBA in that regard.

Euroleague
12-20-2014, 01:19 AM
and what does the average worker benefit from? does his salary rise?

there was a nice documentary in german televion about american health and social system in general...wooow...i was really sad for all those poor people in the US.
part of the documentary was to follow a german dentist doing healthcare for nothing in the american midwest during his "hollidays".... you really could have the impression of a third world country

Except that in most "poor countries" they provide healthcare, and social state for the people also. USA is something like 6th worst country in the entire world in standard of living per capita based on GINI ratio.

And if you combine that with the fact that it's top 1% are the richest by far in the world, it means the average person in USA has the lowest per capita standard of living except for the very, very worst of a few handful of places in the world in Africa and Asia.

And then you have some moron creep like this Dr.J4ever here bragging about GDP, like he owns a defense company or something. It's unbelievable how stupid these types of people are.

Euroleague
12-20-2014, 01:27 AM

Again, you prove your IQ is about 60.

LAZERUSS
12-20-2014, 10:47 AM
I don't see the point in bashing the rest of the world. But I do find it fascinating that those that claim that today's NBA is so much better than it was 30-40-50+ years ago, because of the "world-wide" popularity of the game, and yet, where are all of these great players of the new era?

Think about it...Dirk, Manu, Parker, Peja, Vlade, the Gasols, and a few that I know that I am missing,...and certainly a prime Sabonis...where are all of the great players from the rest of the world?

And generally the better "Euros" and players that have been dominant in foreign leagues, are no more than average, and often mediocre, in their NBA careers, as well.

I remember all the buzz about Rubio being the next "Pistol." Hell, he has been nothing more than average in his NBA career, and in fact, is the worst shooting player in NBA history.

How come?

christian1923
12-20-2014, 10:54 AM
I don't see the point in bashing the rest of the world. But I do find it fascinating that those that claim that today's NBA is so much better than it was 30-40-50+ years ago, because of the "world-wide" popularity of the game, and yet, where are all of these great players of the new era?

Think about it...Dirk, Manu, Parker, Peja, Vlade, the Gasols, and a few that I know that I am missing,...and certainly a prime Sabonis...where are all of the great players from the rest of the world?

And generally the better "Euros" and players that have been dominant in foreign leagues, are no more than average, and often mediocre, in their NBA careers, as well.

I remember all the buzz about Rubio being the next "Pistol." Hell, he has been nothing more than average in his NBA career, and in fact, is the worst shooting player in NBA history.

How come?

Cause euros are soft

Dr.J4ever
12-20-2014, 10:59 AM

How come?

Well, now that you have entered this realm, you are now a target of Mr. Euroleague.:lol

You racist?:roll:

LAZERUSS
12-20-2014, 11:03 AM
Well, now that you have entered this realm, you are now a target of Mr. Euroleague.:lol

You racist?:roll:

I know that you are being facetious, but it is not just "white" Euros, ...where are all of the great players from China, India, and the African continent?

Dr.J4ever
12-20-2014, 11:09 AM
I know that you are being facetious, but it is not just "white" Euros, ...where are all of the great players from China, India, and the African continent?

Well, I made this point earlier around 2 pages back about the years 2000-2006 as being the years when many NBA scouts believed internationals and Euros in particular where believed to be fast rising and closing the gap on Americans.

These were the years when a Darko was drafted over Melo. Subsequent events proved US basketball was alive and as dominant as it has ever been.

It's clear now. The emergence of Spain, Greece, and Argentina during those years were real, but as they say in basketball, they had nothing coming off the bench. There are no transcendental players like Pau and Marc or a Manu following up those greats.

Meanwhile, the US is a factory and producing players that are as great or better than ever.

Ray22
12-20-2014, 01:51 PM
Bo Mccalebb, one of the best point guards in Euroleague, if not the best..

http://replygif.net/i/733.gif

England is barely relevant in football

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/ice_cube_wtf_gqvqs30u.gif

USA! USA! USA!

http://data2.whicdn.com/images/49433573/large.gif

GimmeThat
12-20-2014, 02:00 PM
people complaining about options

people complaining about temptations

Psileas
12-20-2014, 03:19 PM
If you haven't figured out that yet that "yarrak" is a troll alias of gabepizza...you are slow.

Or simply...I usually don't care enough to read such threads and hardly know who gabepizza is.

outbreak
12-20-2014, 03:54 PM

How come?

the great players have stayed in Europe. They can make more money than they can in the nba (when we apply euroleagues magic additions which some how quadruple reported salary) and they get to pay in exciting locations while being culturally enriched living through economic collapses while playing against talent at a much higher level than the nba can offer
rubio only came to the nba because he couldn't compete in euro league. Look at his stats as a 16 and 17 year old kids competing against grown men, he clearly was terrible and kids don't improve