PDA

View Full Version : Josh McRoberts to have surgery

Hey Yo
12-15-2014, 03:08 PM
Miami HEAT ‏@MiamiHEAT 5 minutes ago

Josh McRoberts had an MRI which revealed a right lateral meniscus tear. McRoberts will have surgery to repair.

JohnMax
12-15-2014, 03:10 PM
Unless he's on the Cavs, we don't care

aj1987
12-15-2014, 03:34 PM
:biggums:

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Pat should really get his head out of his ass and try to land a decent big. Spot also needs to ditch the "positionless" lineup.

r15mohd
12-15-2014, 03:40 PM
so basically out the remainder of the season smh

should've tanked for a complete rebuild...Wade is too inconsistent, Bosh doesn't pose as good a threat to make any damage in the playoffs.

wish Pat would have cleaned house like he did to land the Big3 then go after some huge signings once again when it was a more appealing summer to land all-stars

TylerOO
12-15-2014, 03:43 PM
Who?

aj1987
12-15-2014, 03:43 PM
so basically out the remainder of the season smh

should've tanked for a complete rebuild...Wade is too inconsistent, Bosh doesn't pose as good a threat to make any damage in the playoffs.

wish Pat would have cleaned house like he did to land the Big3 then go after some huge signings once again when it was a more appealing summer to land all-stars
:facepalm

I really don't believe that you're an actual Heat fan. Dude had like 3 bad games out of the 17 he has played thus far.

PJR
12-15-2014, 03:44 PM
It's time to tank. :hammerhead:

Have to look to finish within the worse 10, so we can keep the pick. It's not too late.

r15mohd
12-15-2014, 03:47 PM

I really don't believe that you're an actual Heat fan. Dude had like 3 bad games out of the 17 he has played thus far.

because I don't believe in DWade like you do? he's not leading the Heat anywhere, unless he has some magic potion to cure his ailments. you can hope and dream all you want in your fav player doing the impossible, but reality is his days are over as dominating as he used to.

aj1987
12-15-2014, 03:51 PM
because I don't believe in DWade like you do? he's not leading the Heat anywhere, unless he has some magic potion to cure his ailments. you can hope and dream all you want in your fav player doing the impossible, but reality is his days are over as dominating as he used to.
You JUST said that he has been inconsistent, while he only had 3 bad games out of the 17 he has played in. :facepalm

21/4/6/1/1 on 51/41/68 and he's "done"?

LongLiveTheKing
12-15-2014, 03:52 PM
Injuries have f*ckef the Heat this year. They'll make noise in the playoffs once they're fully healthy

r15mohd
12-15-2014, 03:57 PM
You JUST said that he has been inconsistent, while he only had 3 bad games out of the 17 he has played in. :facepalm

21/4/6/1/1 on 51/41/68 and he's "done"?

he's not on the court as needed = inconsistent, and when he's on the court (like last nights game against the Bulls) he's getting lost on defensive switches or blown by for easy/easier baskets.

i know you're his stan and all...but DWade isn't saving any team anymore. he's lost his "Flash". he's a very serviceable back-up to a superstar/all-star but having both him and Bosh on a team, basically two entry-level all-stars, are not taking the Heat anywhere.

I want the Heat to win titles...I don't care about just getting into the playoff's, if we have to tank to make that happen (like we've done before), so be it. mediocrity for the next 4yrs with Bosh and Wade isn't getting us anywhere but a "better luck next year" pat on the back

dubeta
12-15-2014, 03:58 PM
Bad news but still no excuses

aj1987
12-15-2014, 04:15 PM
he's not on the court as needed = inconsistent, and when he's on the court (like last nights game against the Bulls) he's getting lost on defensive switches or blown by for easy/easier baskets.

i know you're his stan and all...but DWade isn't saving any team anymore. he's lost his "Flash". he's a very serviceable back-up to a superstar/all-star but having both him and Bosh on a team, basically two entry-level all-stars, are not taking the Heat anywhere.

I want the Heat to win titles...I don't care about just getting into the playoff's, if we have to tank to make that happen (like we've done before), so be it. mediocrity for the next 4yrs with Bosh and Wade isn't getting us anywhere but a "better luck next year" pat on the back

Literally all of your posts are facepalm worthy. Dude missed the games due to a hamstring injury. He's back on the court and playing pretty well (except for that stinker against the Bulls). His defense has been better than what it has been last year. If you want to blame the defensive shortcomings, blame Spo. Dude is stubborn and not willing to adjust.

WTF do you think I just said? Bosh is NOT worth the money he's getting paid. They should just signed Wade and a couple of other good players. I've probably been a Heat fan longer than you've been a LeBron/MJ stan. So, sit down, kid.

I HATE tanking and do not want the Heat to tank. Seen Kobe, Wade, etc. waste their primes/peaks on garbage ass teams. I would rather see the management surround the players with decent talent and try to win rings with these all time greats.

BTW, tanking doesn't guarantee a ring (Lakers, Sixers, Cav's, etc.).

coin24
12-15-2014, 04:22 PM
Wtf is wrong with "fans" now??

Oh no one player is injured, time to tank:facepalm :facepalm

IncarceratedBob
12-15-2014, 04:37 PM
more like josh mcrobHURTs

gts
12-15-2014, 04:40 PM
more like josh mcrobHURTs:lol
boo hiss let me go find the tomatoes

Dresta
12-15-2014, 04:45 PM
Guy was just starting to play well and show pretty good chemistry with other starters :facepalm

r15mohd
12-15-2014, 05:08 PM

Literally all of your posts are facepalm worthy. Dude missed the games due to a hamstring injury. He's back on the court and playing pretty well (except for that stinker against the Bulls). His defense has been better than what it has been last year. If you want to blame the defensive shortcomings, blame Spo. Dude is stubborn and not willing to adjust.

is it Spo's strategies or is Wade that can't keep up with the defensive assignment? you just said Wade's defense has been better, or was better when he was coming out of a restful off-season with a 100% full battery. now that some mileage is in, he's back to missing assignments and out of the rotation here and there.

WTF do you think I just said? Bosh is NOT worth the money he's getting paid. They should just signed Wade and a couple of other good players. I've probably been a Heat fan longer than you've been a LeBron/MJ stan. So, sit down, kid.

Bosh isn't worth the money, but I'd rather pay him than give Wade anything significant to help lead this team...you can't lead when 1/3 of your time is from the bench cheering on. Bosh has been the focal point, he came out the gate pretty good but simmered down. that's expected of him. he's an all-star caliber player, not a superstar, and is playing all-star level (for the most part)

as for being a Heat fan longer than me...kudos to you, however we have discussed that I'm older than you and likely lived in South FL longer than you have been alive. but keep thinking that makes any relevance to what this 2014-15 season holds :rolleyes:

I HATE tanking and do not want the Heat to tank. Seen Kobe, Wade, etc. waste their primes/peaks on garbage ass teams. I would rather see the management surround the players with decent talent and try to win rings with these all time greats.

BTW, tanking doesn't guarantee a ring (Lakers, Sixers, Cav's, etc.).

you may hate it, but it prepares for a better future...in those same instance with the Lakers and Cavs, and even with the Heat:

Kobe's two worst years flourished into arguably the best passing big being landed in LAL, a 3peat run and 2 Finals out of it.

Cavs misfortune without Lebron landed them Kyrie, other top draft spots and ability to go after Lebron once again, and trade away top draft asset this year for a win-now Kevin Love.

after 2006-2007, the Heat went tank mode in a genius attempt to land Lebron, Bosh and Wade. they did and it brought 4 straight Finals and 2 titles

so as much as you say you hate tanking, it is a good strategy for future success. some may luck out like the Sixers on their attempts, but they have plenty $$$ and descent assets to make them contenders going forward. it's up to mgmt to pull the trigger on that hopeful player to lead them away from the bottom of the conference

in the end, you're going keep glorifying Wade, and that's fine...but he's not someone to build around or even pay significant money for an extended period at this point in his career as a 2nd option. his stature in Miami is based on loyalty...that's it. I'd of been happier had they extended his max deal from the 2010 signing and let him play that out then resign as a 3rd option/bench player going forward. his money factor would have been just the same and the Heat would be in line to make those superstar attempts for the 2016 summer FA.

HomieWeMajor
12-15-2014, 05:17 PM
Damn, Heat can't catch a break.

Lebronxrings
12-15-2014, 05:22 PM
no excuses. I thought their "superstars" could lead a team to at least .500 come on! :facepalm

Human Error
12-15-2014, 06:03 PM
I am a lifelong Heat fan but I can admit that Wade is not leading the Heat anywhere. He is too injury prone, is not getting younger, and more importantly, he is not as good as league's true elite players - Lebron, Durant, Harden, Westbrook, Paul, Griffin, Unibrow, Howard, Marc Gasol, Curry, Parker, Duncan, Aldridge, Wall etc. The Heat should go into a full rebuild mode, what is the point of going 38-44 to get knocked out of the first round? Wade has done a lot of good things for the franchise and we have to give him a chance to team up with great players again.

aj1987
12-15-2014, 06:18 PM
is it Spo's strategies or is Wade that can't keep up with the defensive assignment? you just said Wade's defense has been better, or was better when he was coming out of a restful off-season with a 100% full battery. now that some mileage is in, he's back to missing assignments and out of the rotation here and there.
The help defense is not there. It's OBVIOUS that Wade isn't going to guard like '09 or even '13 Wade. There's a reason why Miami is almost last when it comes to defensive efficiency. Wade is not the only one who can be held accountable. You said Wade missed defensive rotations in ONE game? What about the rest? Were you too busy watching the Cav's, LeBron stan? Bosh is still trying NOT to play in the post, Miami doesn't have a legit center. The PG's have been underwhelming, and the SF's and PF's as well. It's a team thing and that's why I said Pat needs to get his head out of his ass and Spo needs to stop trying to implement the same old redundant defensive schemes.

Bosh isn't worth the money, but I'd rather pay him than give Wade anything significant to help lead this team...you can't lead when 1/3 of your time is from the bench cheering on. Bosh has been the focal point, he came out the gate pretty good but simmered down. that's expected of him. he's an all-star caliber player, not a superstar, and is playing all-star level (for the most part)
:roll:
Wade has been better than Bosh. Dude is the Heat's center and averaging 8 rebounds a game. Miami is 30th in rebounds as well. Look at his shot chart. The guy makes $20M+ and doesn't want to play in the post. He's as soft as they come. Wade, Deng, and Rio are shooting a better % on 2 pointers than Bosh. At least Wade is trying to play. Wade took a $6M payout and Pat is wasting his final years on the Heat. I seriously don't understand why you hate the guy carried the team to its first rings, and helped it reach another 4 Finals and win 2 rings.

as for being a Heat fan longer than me...kudos to you, however we have discussed that I'm older than you and likely lived in South FL longer than you have been alive. but keep thinking that makes any relevance to what this 2014-15 season holds
A LeBron stan from South Florida. :oldlol:

you may hate it, but it prepares for a better future...in those same instance with the Lakers and Cavs, and even with the Heat
Kobe's two worst years flourished into arguably the best passing big being landed in LAL, a 3peat run and 2 Finals out of it.
Cavs misfortune without Lebron landed them Kyrie, other top draft spots and ability to go after Lebron once again, and trade away top draft asset this year for a win-now Kevin Love.
As I said, there's no guarantee that tanking will help you win. If the Heat won last season, the Cav's would've still been a garbage ass team. LeBron wouldn't have left the Heat and all those 4 years of tanking would've done what exactly? They do have Kyrie, LeBron, Love, etc., but they're still a horrible defensive team and are not going to win a ring this season. Until they make moves and get some guys who play defense, the Cav's aren't going to win too many games in June.

after 2006-2007, the Heat went tank mode in a genius attempt to land Lebron, Bosh and Wade. they did and it brought 4 straight Finals and 2 titles
:oldlol:

Are you serious, kid? Do you honestly believe that LeBron would've left the Cav's if they made some good moves and they won in '09 or '10? What good would all that tanking have done? What happened to Miami's draft picks?

so as much as you say you hate tanking, it is a good strategy for future success.
I would rather see my team make the playoffs and lose there, than not see them play at all for a couple of years, in the hope that we MIGHT land someone good.

in the end, you're going keep glorifying Wade, and that's fine
You're disparaging him more than I'm glorifying him. You're a LeBron stan who pretends to be a Heat fan. Quit acting like you actually care about the Heat.

I'm done here. You obviously have little to no basketball knowledge.

I am a lifelong Heat fan but I can admit that Wade is not leading the Heat anywhere. He is too injury prone, is not getting younger, and more importantly, he is not as good as league's true elite players - Lebron, Durant, Harden, Westbrook, Paul, Griffin, Unibrow, Howard, Marc Gasol, Curry, Parker, Duncan, Aldridge, Wall etc. The Heat should go into a full rebuild mode, what is the point of going 38-44 to get knocked out of the first round? Wade has done a lot of good things for the franchise and we have to give him a chance to team up with great players again.

Wait. What?! Parker as in Tony Parker of the Spurs?!

Dude played 2 games more than Wade has.

tanks1
12-16-2014, 09:23 AM
Sixers are watching......................

HOoopCityJones
12-16-2014, 09:58 AM
Damn, Heat can't catch a break.

Heat's run the last few years has been remarkable. :bowdown:

From Playoffs to ERs. :applause:

r15mohd
12-16-2014, 10:23 AM
The help defense is not there. It's OBVIOUS that Wade isn't going to guard like '09 or even '13 Wade. There's a reason why Miami is almost last when it comes to defensive efficiency. Wade is not the only one who can be held accountable. You said Wade missed defensive rotations in ONE game? What about the rest? Were you too busy watching the Cav's, LeBron stan? Bosh is still trying NOT to play in the post, Miami doesn't have a legit center. The PG's have been underwhelming, and the SF's and PF's as well. It's a team thing and that's why I said Pat needs to get his head out of his ass and Spo needs to stop trying to implement the same old redundant defensive schemes.

:roll:
Wade has been better than Bosh. Dude is the Heat's center and averaging 8 rebounds a game. Miami is 30th in rebounds as well. Look at his shot chart. The guy makes $20M+ and doesn't want to play in the post. He's as soft as they come. Wade, Deng, and Rio are shooting a better % on 2 pointers than Bosh. At least Wade is trying to play. Wade took a $6M payout and Pat is wasting his final years on the Heat. I seriously don't understand why you hate the guy carried the team to its first rings, and helped it reach another 4 Finals and win 2 rings.

A LeBron stan from South Florida. :oldlol:

As I said, there's no guarantee that tanking will help you win. If the Heat won last season, the Cav's would've still been a garbage ass team. LeBron wouldn't have left the Heat and all those 4 years of tanking would've done what exactly? They do have Kyrie, LeBron, Love, etc., but they're still a horrible defensive team and are not going to win a ring this season. Until they make moves and get some guys who play defense, the Cav's aren't going to win too many games in June.

:oldlol:
Are you serious, kid? Do you honestly believe that LeBron would've left the Cav's if they made some good moves and they won in '09 or '10? What good would all that tanking have done? What happened to Miami's draft picks?

I would rather see my team make the playoffs and lose there, than not see them play at all for a couple of years, in the hope that we MIGHT land someone good.

You're disparaging him more than I'm glorifying him. You're a LeBron stan who pretends to be a Heat fan. Quit acting like you actually care about the Heat.

I'm done here. You obviously have little to no basketball knowledge.

Wait. What?! Parker as in Tony Parker of the Spurs?!

Dude played 2 games more than Wade has.

thank you! :applause: