PDA

View Full Version : So can we start talking about firing Byron Scott?

SexSymbol
12-15-2014, 09:14 PM
He sucked everywhere he has been, obviously isn't redeeming himself on the Lakers, I'd take D'antoni back, and that's something I never thought I'd say

Magic 32
12-15-2014, 09:16 PM
He sucked everywhere he has been, obviously isn't redeeming himself on the Lakers, I'd take D'antoni back, and that's something I never thought I'd say

http://susancorso.com/seedsforsanctuary/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/box_placeholder.jpg

Real Men Wear Green
12-15-2014, 09:22 PM
He isn't that good so firing him isn't a bad move but understand that no coach is getting that team to the playoffs.

Lebronxrings
12-15-2014, 09:59 PM
hes a great coach that helps defensively and offensively. Hes elite and has worked with numerous great players in the past and helped teams build upon success. Besides, whos kobes scrapegoat then?

Eric Cartman
12-15-2014, 10:03 PM
He's perfect for the tank, why get rid of him?

Mr. Jabbar
12-15-2014, 10:08 PM
he is the tank commander we need right now

Haymaker
12-15-2014, 10:08 PM
Sure, because it's the coach fault that Kobe is surrounded by bums.

Relinquish
12-15-2014, 10:12 PM
Sure, because it's the coach fault that Kobe is surrounded by bums.

And that Kobe is playing poorly.

navy
12-15-2014, 10:13 PM
He has the fortune of being the third coach in 4 years and a garbage ass squad.

SexSymbol
12-15-2014, 10:14 PM
And that Kobe is playing poorly.
It kinda is Scott's fault, his offense completely sucks, it's a mix of worst sets from any basic offense you can think of.
He also seems like a shit motivator.
And his defense sucks, looking at his team defensive schemes, there's questionable decisions everywhere.
He's a shit coach, though love his personality and demeanor

sammichoffate
12-15-2014, 10:32 PM
It kinda is Scott's fault, his offense completely sucks, it's a mix of worst sets from any basic offense you can think of.
He also seems like a shit motivator.
And his defense sucks, looking at his team defensive schemes, there's questionable decisions everywhere.
He's a shit coach, though love his personality and demeanorI honestly think he's maximizing the talent on the roster right now. They're just that bad defensively. On offense, they rely too much on Kobe because they can't play inside out due to the lack of scoring big men. Boozer won't get you much inside tbh.

Fire Colangelo
12-15-2014, 10:38 PM
Who else would do a "better" job?

He's not a great coach, but he isn't bad. He's just stuck on a shitty team.

The main reason he isn't liked is because of:

1) His "no 3 pointers" philosophy, which is taken way to seriously around here. The lakers are only take 6 less 3 pointers compared to last year, which is to be expected since they no longer have Meeks, Blake, Bazemore, Farmar, who took around 4-5 each per game.

Obviously the Lakers were without Nick Young, who is their best 3 point shooter for quite a few games too, so that skews with the stats. He's back taking the same amount of 3s per game compared to last year too. Kobe's taking 5 3s a game at 28%. Nobody else on the team are great 3 point shooters, Lin and Johnson are ALRIGHT, but not elite.

So it's really not too much of a stretch to not have this Lakers team run an offense based on 3 pointers like Houston is.

In comparison, the Grizzlies and Wizards are shooting less 3s than the Lakers (even tho they actually have decent shooters), and they're doing fine. So it's not like EVERY team has to run a 3 point offense.

2) His defensive schemes.

Nothing can be said about this, the only decent defensive player is Jordan Hill. No coach is gonna turn this team into a good defensive team.

Idk what Lakers fans want from this season lol, they're overachieving so far imo.

sammichoffate
12-15-2014, 10:59 PM
Who else would do a "better" job?

He's not a great coach, but he isn't bad. He's just stuck on a shitty team.

The main reason he isn't liked is because of:

1) His "no 3 pointers" philosophy, which is taken way to seriously around here. The lakers are only take 6 less 3 pointers compared to last year, which is to be expected since they no longer have Meeks, Blake, Bazemore, Farmar, who took around 4-5 each per game.

Obviously the Lakers were without Nick Young, who is their best 3 point shooter for quite a few games too, so that skews with the stats. He's back taking the same amount of 3s per game compared to last year too. Kobe's taking 5 3s a game at 28%. Nobody else on the team are great 3 point shooters, Lin and Johnson are ALRIGHT, but not elite.

So it's really not too much of a stretch to not have this Lakers team run an offense based on 3 pointers like Houston is.

In comparison, the Grizzlies and Wizards are shooting less 3s than the Lakers (even tho they actually have decent shooters), and they're doing fine. So it's not like EVERY team has to run a 3 point offense.

2) His defensive schemes.

Nothing can be said about this, the only decent defensive player is Jordan Hill. No coach is gonna turn this team into a good defensive team.

Idk what Lakers fans want from this season lol, they're overachieving so far imo.This. I still think letting go of Farmar and Bazemore was dumb af, but it's whatever at this point. I wish they did give some minutes to Clarkson though, this team is garbage so might as well let him develop into a decent player.

CoastalRyan
12-15-2014, 11:10 PM
I'm not a Laker fan but I'm also not a Laker hater. So as an outsider looking in I don't see any scenario that restores success to this team until Kobe moves on. Kobe's at a point in his career that no coach on a mid-level talent team is going to have a louder voice than him and you can't successfully coach a team if you're leverage ceases to exist at the front door of your best player.

This is not a knock on Kobe but his tenure seems to have out leveraged upper managements ability to rebuild a team to his level of satisfaction and empowering others has never been Kobe's thing.

I never understood Laker fans denial of this bittersweet relationship. Management seems unwilling to let go and Kobe seems to have career ending goals as his first priority.

Since Scott is family and has no intentions of straining that relationship by alienating Kobe you're not going to have a finer option to ride out Kobe's last few years.

dubeta
12-15-2014, 11:11 PM
dmg control

red1
12-15-2014, 11:11 PM
got a dozen things to fix before you start looking at the coach.

AintNoSunshine
12-16-2014, 12:47 AM
His best guy shoots 38% for the season WTF do you expect from him?

ballin33
12-16-2014, 03:26 AM
Fire Mitch first