PDA

View Full Version : Russel Westbrook is a one of a kind

The_Yearning
12-16-2014, 12:01 AM
There has never been a player in history that plays like Westbrook. This fool goes hard EVERY game, 0-100 in a blink of an eye.

Probably the most terrifying player to have to play against. When opposing teams look at their schedule and see the Thunder, their not thinking "shit I gotta stop that lanky ass crybaby free throw shooter"... their thinking "fvck... I gotta deal with that nikka Westbrook screaming and jumping everywhere..."

SugarHill
12-16-2014, 12:02 AM
their thinking "fvck... I gotta deal with that nikka Westbrook screaming and jumping everywhere..."
:oldlol:

beastee
12-16-2014, 12:11 AM
I wish that Rose and WB could play head to head fully healthy from 3 years ago in a finals. That would be can't miss TV.

russwest0
12-16-2014, 12:18 AM
I wish that Rose and WB could play head to head fully healthy from 3 years ago in a finals. That would be can't miss TV.

Rose would get cooked.

beastee
12-16-2014, 12:23 AM
Rose would get cooked.
I said 2010/11 versions (pre injury)

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=rosede01&p2=westbru01

Fudge
12-16-2014, 12:25 AM
Dude is playing like an MVP right now.

I'd probably have him at #1 right now actually.

russwest0
12-16-2014, 12:28 AM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=rosede01&p2=westbru01

Rose would still get cooked.

Funny, even the year Rose won MVP, Westbrook's stats were pretty much just as good, yet the media shit on him 10x more and he took it all in stride.

I've been telling dumbasses for years that Westbrook would have absolutely dominated in Rose's situation that MVP year. Playing with two capable bigs, good floor spacing, and a good coach. Yet the response was always the tired "Well Westbrook plays with Durant so thats just as good."

And now this year, Westbrook with bigs that can actually score inside to some degree, and with improved floor spacing around him, per 36 is averaging:

32/8/7 on 49/36/83.

Nothing better than seeing a bunch of BSPN sheep get proved wrong.

SugarHill
12-16-2014, 12:34 AM
Rose would still get cooked.

Funny, even the year Rose won MVP, Westbrook's stats were pretty much just as good, yet the media shit on him 10x more and he took it all in stride.

I've been telling dumbasses for years that Westbrook would have absolutely dominated in Rose's situation that MVP year. Playing with two capable bigs, good floor spacing, and a good coach. Yet the response was always the tired "Well Westbrook plays with Durant so thats just as good."

And now this year, Westbrook with bigs that can actually score inside to some degree, and with improved floor spacing around him, per 36 is averaging:

32/8/7 on 49/36/83.

Nothing better than seeing a bunch of BSPN sheep get proved wrong.

Rose didn't have Durant with him on offense and still was more efficient than Westbrook.

russwest0
12-16-2014, 12:38 AM
Rose didn't have Durant with him on offense and still was more efficient than Westbrook.

I really hope you're posting that sarcastically based off what I said.

Give me open driving lanes, good floor spacing and two bigs who can actually catch and score over simply "playing with Durant."

You know, maybe I'd take that bullshit argument seriously if Westbrook ever got much of his offense generated from Durant. But nope, it's just iso ball and that shit sucks when Perkins and Sefolosha are starting.

JohnMax
12-16-2014, 12:49 AM
Rose is quicker, but Westbrook maintains a fast pace for incomparable amounts of time.

RoseCity07
12-16-2014, 12:55 AM
Thing I love about Lillard going at Westbrook is that Lillard is so much smarter. He can use Westbrook's energy against him. Westbrook can't guard him and he can bait Westbrook into chucking up bad shots. Last game Westbrook was killing early then Lillard finished the Thunder late. Westbrook has a primitive brain.

Keno
12-16-2014, 12:56 AM
westbrook has been okc's best player since 2012. he's a once in a lifetime nba player like lebron, he really is amazing.

russwest0
12-16-2014, 12:59 AM
Thing I love about Lillard going at Westbrook is that Lillard is so much smarter. He can use Westbrook's energy against him. Westbrook can't guard him and he can bait Westbrook into chucking up bad shots. Last game Westbrook was killing early then Lillard finished the Thunder late. Westbrook has a primitive brain.

Lmao, this post just reminded me of one game where Westbrook was murdering Lillard in the post like three, to four times in a row, and then Portland had to call a timeout and Westbrook looked at Stotts and said "tell him don't get scared."

:oldlol: Shit was classic.

Fudge
12-16-2014, 01:02 AM
Lmao, this post just reminded me of one game where Westbrook was murdering Lillard in the post like three, to four times in a row, and then Portland had to call a timeout and Westbrook looked at Stotts and said "tell him don't get scared."

:roll:

I remember that. Dude was making him his bitch.

JohnMax
12-16-2014, 01:05 AM
http://i.minus.com/ibh8X09Fwh3gdO.gif

Rodmantheman
12-16-2014, 01:05 AM
Yet Durant is still ringless.

russwest0
12-16-2014, 01:06 AM
Yet Durant is still ringless.

Would have clearly won it all in 2013 without Westbrook going down.

RoseCity07
12-16-2014, 01:07 AM

Didn't Portland win that game? Westbrook only cares about scoring. He also gets rewarded for running into players and Lillard is too valuable to pick up cheap fouls. Next play Matthews swatted the sh*t out of his shot. Westbrook gets destroyed by Lillard when the game is on the line. It's simple.

Clutch gene Lillard>>Westbrook's fight or flight chemical reaction in his brain during pressure situations.

russwest0
12-16-2014, 01:11 AM
Didn't Portland win that game? Westbrook only cares about scoring. He also gets rewarded for running into players and Lillard is too valuable to pick up cheap fouls. Next play Matthews swatted the sh*t out of his shot. Westbrook gets destroyed by Lillard when the game is on the line. It's simple.

Clutch gene Lillard>>Westbrook's fight or flight chemical reaction in his brain during pressure situations.

...The f*ck are you talking about? Westbrook OWNS Lillard and always has.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=westbru01&p2=lillada01

http://i.picresize.com/images/2014/12/16/aCms0.png

Yet keep talking about Westbrook having a small brain (the same Westbrook who got full ride offers from colleges like Stanford, strictly based on academics) and all of that dumbass Skip Bayless esque bullshit, it's amusing. :lol

RoseCity07
12-16-2014, 01:17 AM
...The f*ck are you talking about? Westbrook OWNS Lillard and always has.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=westbru01&p2=lillada01

http://i.picresize.com/images/2014/12/16/aCms0.png

Yet keep talking about Westbrook having a small brain (the same Westbrook who got full ride offers from colleges like Stanford, strictly based on academics) and all of that dumbass Skip Bayless esque bullshit, it's amusing. :lol

Westbrook is taking 6 more shots a game in 4 fewer minutes than Lillard:oldlol:

Of course a chucker is gonna put up those numbers. Last game he took 26 shots to Lillard's 10. Portland's game plan against OKC has always been to destroy them in the paint.

russwest0
12-16-2014, 01:20 AM
Westbrook is taking 6 more shots a game in 4 fewer minutes than Lillard:oldlol:

Of course a chucker is gonna put up those numbers.

Also averaging twice as many points as Lillard in 4 fewer minutes a game. :oldlol: Lol @ you blatantly ignoring Lillard straight chucking up 3 pointers in the matchup though; in 6 meetings between them he averages 7 three point attempts a game on 30% shooting :oldlol:

Keep pulling out tired cliches about Westbrook, shit is comical at this point.

russwest0
12-16-2014, 01:27 AM
http://i.minus.com/ibh8X09Fwh3gdO.gif

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

The_Yearning
12-16-2014, 02:03 AM

I love Lillard, but Westbrook has the clutch gene bro. The most fearless mofo in the game today.

LilEddyCurry
12-16-2014, 02:09 AM

Put today's Westbrook on the Bulls, he would of won MVP as well, he also would of won more than one game against the Heat and put up a better fight with Lebron guarding him.

TheMilkyBarKid
12-16-2014, 02:43 AM
Westbrook is an incredible athlete.

Unfortunately he is not a very smart player and also doesn't seem to have a whole lot of control in that he has one gear: GO! While this can wreak havoc on teams at times, it is not beneficial for the team when Durant should be the focal point of the offense.

I believe the fact that he is such an all or nothing player definitely has played a part in him getting so frequently injured over the last 18 (+ ?) months. He needs some level of control.

GimmeThat
12-16-2014, 02:53 AM
he could use some white chocolate for sure.

but I guess that's everyone.

KG215
12-16-2014, 02:55 AM
:wtf:

The f**k are you going on about? Last time they played it was Westbrook, like 7 other guys, most of whom were barely passable role players and/or scrubs. Westbrook went off for 38-6-3 while Lillard had 10-5-2. Just because Lillard made two threes in the fourth, when the wheels were already falling off for a depleted Thunder team, doesn't mean "Lillard finished the Thunder late." Hell, his two threes came with 7+ minutes to go in the game. Westbrook abused Lillard basically the entire game.

Timmy D for MVP
12-16-2014, 02:58 AM
Westbrook is the biggest reason I really hate the match up with the Thunder. Anytime the Spurs see them in the playoffs I get far more nervous than other teams because Westbrook is just such a problem to defend. His athleticism is pretty insane.

I'm not sure toning him down would make him better. I think part of his greatness is that he's a force of nature. I suppose knowing when to take a back seat would be real good for him to learn.

Undisputed
12-16-2014, 03:03 AM
Westbrook has really improved from year to year. His emotional nature is both his blessing and curse. With his athleticism, it makes for one hell of a cover and an equally exceptional defender, but his emotions also lead him into a whole lot of bad shots and bad decisions that result in hurting the other talent around him. Once(if?) he finds a balance to that, I see no reason why he couldn't win an MVP or even two in his career.

Timmy D for MVP
12-16-2014, 03:06 AM
Westbrook has really improved from year to year. His emotional nature is both his blessing and curse. With his athleticism, it makes for one hell of a cover and an equally exceptional defender, but his emotions also lead him into a whole lot of bad shots and bad decisions that result in hurting the other talent around him. Once(if?) he finds a balance to that, I see no reason why he couldn't win an MVP or even two in his career.

:applause:

bdreason
12-16-2014, 03:38 AM
If he improves his decision making, he can become one of the greatest to ever play the position. He literally has everything except an elite bball IQ.

ScarSymmetry
12-16-2014, 06:00 AM
Would love to see Westbrook win the MVP this year. Would be harder to swallow for OKC if they didn't win the title though. Back to back separate MVP's and no title. Lets hope they stay fully healthy in the playoffs for once.

dannywpt
12-16-2014, 06:18 AM

Hahaha

This is just embarrassing, man.

Westbrook eats Lillard for breakfast and is in a whole other tier. Stop trying to convince this forum otherwise. Only a blind homer would bring up Lillard (of all people) in this thread for no reason.

Westbrook is playing like an MVP right now. Deal with it.