PDA

View Full Version : Bulls vs Hawks 1987 - MJ 29 pts

sportjames23
12-16-2014, 01:24 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxNRwvoihSE

At around 7:40, Rick Barry mentions MJ's shorts being long. This is the season MJ started the longer shorts trend (of course, shorts are longer today than ever).

SamuraiSWISH
12-16-2014, 02:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxNRwvoihSE

At around 7:40, Rick Barry mentions MJ's shorts being long. This is the season MJ started the longer shorts trend (of course, shorts are longer today than ever).
Sidenote ... I hate current basketball shorts.

I just bought some, and now they make them too long. Like capri pants. Past the knee.

I prefer comfortable bagginess, cut right above the knee though, so I can still dribble between the legs without interference but wide to not be nut hugging John Stockton types. Shorts have gotten a little out of control.

The best length, and cut was from like '96 - mid 2000s.

sportjames23
12-16-2014, 02:46 AM
Sidenote ... I hate current basketball shorts.

I just bought some, and now they make them too long. Like capri pants. Past the knee.

I prefer comfortable bagginess, cut right above the knee though, so I can still dribble between the legs without interference but wide to not be nut hugging John Stockton types. Shorts have gotten a little out of control.

The best length, and cut was from like '96 - mid 2000s.

Co-sign. :cheers:

Round Mound
12-16-2014, 05:01 AM
Great All Around Game By Jordan :applause:

Smoke117
12-16-2014, 05:02 AM
So you put a game of Jordan averaging far less than his season average...because he wore long shorts. K.

3ball
12-16-2014, 05:46 AM
So you put a game of Jordan averaging far less than his season average...because he wore long shorts. K.
exactly - now imagine if that was westbrook scoring 29 in that fashion making all the exact same plays and buckets - westie would make it look waaaaaaaay harder (he'd be huffing and puffing and beating his chest).

and the 29 points with all those highlights would be a great game for Westie, not well below his average like it was for Mike.

Smoke117
12-16-2014, 05:53 AM
exactly - now imagine if that was westbrook scoring 29 in that fashion making all the exact same plays and buckets - westie would make it look waaaaaaaay harder (he'd be huffing and puffing and beating his chest).

and the 29 points with all those highlights would be a great game for Westie, not well below his average like it was for Mike.

Why would I imagine this about a player I don't a give a **** about? :biggums:

3ball
12-16-2014, 06:15 AM
Why would I imagine this about a player I don't a give a **** about? :biggums:
you see how westbrook is having his best season and has a 33 PER - but he's just a mini-jordan.

FKAri
12-16-2014, 07:25 AM
you see how westbrook is having his best season and has a 33 PER - but he's just a mini-jordan.

I dunno man. When you take accolades into account Westbrook >>>> Jordan