PDA

View Full Version : Which Rose will turn up game To game?

poido123
12-16-2014, 04:23 AM
Not a hate thread, just wanted to get some people's opinions on what is going on with him.

Portland game, looks like an MVP. Today's game was completely rusty and off.

Has some games where he is dominant and totally engaged, then completely falls off the cliff the next.

Does anyone think he is toying with the regular season and going through the Motions? Or is he dealing with Injuries?

I just don't understand the huge disparity between his performances.

beastee
12-16-2014, 10:28 AM
I watched closely last night. He was determined to make his jump shot. He finally made one, and Atlanta called a timeout. He fist pumped so hard to himself...then shot jacked like 4 after that. He simply refuses to drive and is settling for 3s and Loooooooong 2's. That is not his game. Portland he attacked and used his floater. THAT is what he needs to do all the time. But I think he probably has some doubt since he has destroyed 2 knees playing that style. He is literally shooting them out of games though, and is responsible for about 3 losses himself this year. Thibs may need to talk to him...

VengefulAngel
12-16-2014, 10:38 AM
Not a hate thread, just wanted to get some people's opinions on what is going on with him.

Has some games where he is dominant and totally engaged, then completely falls off the cliff the next.

Does anyone think he is toying with the regular season and going through the Motions? Or is he dealing with Injuries?

He's a streaky shooter, always has been. It's partially to do with him but also adapting to how different defense decide to defend him. News flash players can struggle game to game, basketball is an imperfect science. It's why Lebron and Durant are a tier above most players, because when they're off their game they still contribute towards winning the basketball game.

Pointguard
12-16-2014, 04:13 PM

I think he overthinks things. Loses concentration. Before he used to just get up for games and now he's wondering what the best way to keep health and win games. Its always a compromise when you aren't just focused on one thing. They have apparently told him to pace himself til some future date. He will get it together but it might take somebody talking trash to him and beating him hard to get him to just abandon the getting hurt game.

Graviton
12-16-2014, 04:31 PM
I think he overthinks things. Loses concentration. Before he used to just get up for games and now he's wondering what the best way to keep health and win games. Its always a compromise when you aren't just focused on one thing. They have apparently told him to pace himself til some future date. He will get it together but it might take somebody talking trash to him and beating him hard to get him to just abandon the getting hurt game.
There is one man for that job, the friend that will reignite Derrick's spark.

http://i.minus.com/ibh8X09Fwh3gdO.gif

J Shuttlesworth
12-16-2014, 04:33 PM
Give him some time to play like 20 games in a row before really judging his play. He's only played 4-5 games in a row now, right?

Can't wait to see a Rose/Westbrook duel. I want to see which Rose shows up to that game

edit: Damn, they're not playing till March

poido123
12-16-2014, 05:21 PM
There is one man for that job, the friend that will reignite Derrick's spark.

http://i.minus.com/ibh8X09Fwh3gdO.gif

:oldlol:

poido123
12-16-2014, 05:25 PM
Give him some time to play like 20 games in a row before really judging his play. He's only played 4-5 games in a row now, right?

Can't wait to see a Rose/Westbrook duel. I want to see which Rose shows up to that game

edit: Damn, they're not playing till March

Just getting some opinions on it.

If that is the Reason? Then great, he might need to play more games consecutively to iron out the consistency.

My guess is he takes the foot off the accelerator and coasting games, knowingly protecting himself from injuries. If my guess is right, we could see a beast Unleash in the playoffs.

poido123
12-16-2014, 05:29 PM
I watched closely last night. He was determined to make his jump shot. He finally made one, and Atlanta called a timeout. He fist pumped so hard to himself...then shot jacked like 4 after that. He simply refuses to drive and is settling for 3s and Loooooooong 2's. That is not his game. Portland he attacked and used his floater. THAT is what he needs to do all the time. But I think he probably has some doubt since he has destroyed 2 knees playing that style. He is literally shooting them out of games though, and is responsible for about 3 losses himself this year. Thibs may need to talk to him...

Probably explains the inconsistency. Protecting himself from injury, but also trying to get all facets of his game ironed out by the end of the season.