PDA

View Full Version : Better overall player: Young Wade or Current Westbrook

dannysc305
12-16-2014, 11:04 PM
Friendly debate between me and one of my friends. I said a young Dwyane Wade is better than current Westbrook but he disagrees. I also said Westbrook is not more athletic than a young Dwyane Wade they're either equal or edge to Wade. What do you think?

Young Dwyane Wade= Up to 2010 (first season with Bron)

JohnFreeman
12-16-2014, 11:05 PM
Wade

J Shuttlesworth
12-16-2014, 11:06 PM
How young are you talking?
edit: saw you put before 2010.

Wade, EASILY. No disrespect to WB. He looks improved this year, and he definitely has a shot to be > Wade, but not yet.

navy
12-16-2014, 11:08 PM
Wade so far. Better scorer, playmaker and defender.

Westbrook is probably more athletic (speed and jumping), but Wade was more coordinated. Kinda like a mix between Westbrook and Rose.

plowking
12-16-2014, 11:10 PM
Wade is the better player.

Westbrook is more athletic.

keep-itreal
12-16-2014, 11:10 PM
young wade was absolutely unstoppable. he lost all that quickness after that injury in 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p52I1Oy-7M

dannysc305
12-16-2014, 11:11 PM
How young are you talking?

Obviously prime Wade > Westbrook, that wouldn't need to be discussed

Let's make it Scoring Champ season and younger.

Smoke117
12-16-2014, 11:11 PM
No...Russell Westbrook is more athletic. He just isn't as skilled handling the ball or as coordinated (as navy said) as Wade. He mostly tries to use that athleticism to Lebron James you. Wade just abused everyone with his mixture of sick handles and athleticism. (and great shot making ability around the basket) Wade is just a much more skilled basketball player in general...if it was Westbrook right now with Wade's knees he wouldn't be close to as good as Wade still is.

Legends66NBA7
12-16-2014, 11:17 PM
Let's make it Scoring Champ season and younger.

Wade. Not really a debate to me even then.

BigBoss
12-16-2014, 11:19 PM
Westbrook

SamuraiSWISH
12-16-2014, 11:32 PM
Young Wade, by far.

More skilled, more intelligent, more poised, more coachable, better leader. And I don't even believe some of the clowns in here saying Westbrook was more athletic. Wade was lighting fast. Had hops, the whole nine. Most likely stronger too.

JohnMax
12-16-2014, 11:37 PM
Wade has an elite first step

Westbrook needs to take 1-to-3 steps before he accelerates at full speed. Its why he can only move fast in a straight-line.

If he slows down, than he would have to take 1-to-3 steps again to return to speed.

SamuraiSWISH
12-16-2014, 11:55 PM
Westbrook needs to take 1-to-3 steps before he accelerates at full speed. Its why he can only move fast in a straight-line.
Astute observation.

TheNaturalWR
12-16-2014, 11:57 PM
Young Wade, by far.

More skilled, more intelligent, more poised, more coachable, better leader. And I don't even believe some of the clowns in here saying Westbrook was more athletic. Wade was lighting fast. Had hops, the whole nine. Most likely stronger too.

Westbrook was probably more explosive, but Wade had the explosion combined with the ridiculous body control.

SamuraiSWISH
12-17-2014, 12:12 AM
Westbrook was probably more explosive, but Wade had the explosion combined with the ridiculous body control.
Wade is quicker. Westbrook needs momentum. Wade was WAY faster laterally. Which ultimately is more important in basketball. No one plays in completely straight lines.

imdaman99
12-17-2014, 12:16 AM
Young Wade was amongst the most exciting in the game, and Westbrook is by far the most fun player to watch currently.

But young Wade was more complete. The only thing he didn't have was a 3 pointer.

Eric Cartman
12-17-2014, 12:22 AM
Call me when Westbrook leads his team to the title averaging 35.

red1
12-17-2014, 12:25 AM
I am a huge goatbrook fan but this one is a no brainer for now.

Cold soul
12-17-2014, 12:28 AM
Wade by far not that close either.

jrong
12-17-2014, 12:31 AM
Friendly debate between me and one of my friends. I said a young Dwyane Wade is better than current Westbrook but he disagrees. I also said Westbrook is not more athletic than a young Dwyane Wade they're either equal or edge to Wade. What do you think?

Young Dwyane Wade= Up to 2010 (first season with Bron)

You need new friends. I wouldn't associate with someone who would even entertain such an asinine thought.

This is Westbrook's first efficient season in... ever.

And in 2016, the answer to this question will be: the guy who didn't drive Kevin Durant out of town. LOL.

If I were Durant, I'd be having my agent call teams right now and try to get a deal done by the break.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-17-2014, 12:35 AM
Wade

HOoopCityJones
12-17-2014, 12:36 AM
Wade.

NBAplayoffs2001
12-17-2014, 12:37 AM
Both were freak athletes. But Wade came up on the scene when SGs were a huge drop off at that point after Tracy and Kobe.

Westbrook is a new brand of athlete. He's like Steve Francis if he was more built and was way more aggressive.

dannysc305
12-17-2014, 01:34 AM
You need new friends. I wouldn't associate with someone who would even entertain such an asinine thought.

And in 2016, the answer to this question will be: the guy who didn't drive Kevin Durant out of town. LOL.

If I were Durant, I'd be having my agent call teams right now and try to get a deal done by the break.

My 16 year old little brothers friend lol. He doesn't know any better.

imdaman99
12-17-2014, 02:13 AM

How is Westbrook driving Durant out of town? Westbrook is extending Durant's career by taking a lot of the pressure off him. Imagine how many games the Thunder lose to the Grizz last year without Westbrook... would it be 5 like the year before or 6? If anything, Wade drove Lebron out of town this summer. I'm sure Lebron was really happy about Wade sitting out every other game :oldlol:

Jacks3
12-17-2014, 02:33 AM

Yeah, I'm sure Durant just hates playing with one of the 5 best players in the world.

You're an idiot.