PDA

View Full Version : Injuries

Pointguard
12-17-2014, 12:39 AM
Are you all thinking that its a different finish on the floor that causes more stress on the knees???

Any theories out there? I never recall it being like this before.

TaLvsCuaL
12-17-2014, 12:47 AM
Maybe it's just coincidence but possible causes are almost endless. The rules, shoes, the court, the schedule (including international competitions), etc.

Higher athleticism also implies more physically demanding.

outbreak
12-17-2014, 12:50 AM
With the rookies it could be work load on a young body. I know in cricket players have over restrictions at younger ages because their body can't handle too much work load yet, most young fast bowlers break down a lot in their early career. Wasn't there an article awhile back linking side effects of PED's to injuries like ACL's which are more common this era?

Eric Cartman
12-17-2014, 12:52 AM
That's why Lebron, Kg, Melo, Kobe, Dwight got injured in their rookie year.

Oh wait...

My theory? Massive fluke. Look at how Randle got injured. Normal basketball play.

Pointguard
12-17-2014, 01:18 AM
Maybe it's just coincidence but possible causes are almost endless. The rules, shoes, the court, the schedule (including international competitions), etc.

Higher athleticism also implies more physically demanding.
Everybody has good answers.

Could you imagine if they started using some cheap material in the sneakers that provides more stress on the knees. What other professional games are played on hardwood.

Magic 32
12-17-2014, 01:46 AM
http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/lebron-wade.jpg