PDA

View Full Version : GOATbrook is destroying the league right now.

Relinquish
12-17-2014, 02:17 AM
26 ppg, 7 apg, 6 rpg and 2 spg in 29.4 mins. :biggums:

:bowdown: :bowdown:

imdaman99
12-17-2014, 02:19 AM
Most electrifying player in sports entertainment :bowdown:

Collie
12-17-2014, 02:29 AM
32/6/7/4 in 32 minutes today. :biggums:

MastaKilla
12-17-2014, 02:30 AM
Do smell what the brook is cookin?

dubeta
12-17-2014, 02:31 AM
If OKC doesnt win this year then Durant is literally a fraud

Heavincent
12-17-2014, 02:31 AM
"Not a real PG"

"undersized SG"

"Can't win a title with Westbrook as your PG"

"Chucker"

:roll:

I ****ing love this dude.

chosen_one6
12-17-2014, 02:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/oBMT9Dz.gif

And I got this dude on my fantasy team too. I f*ckin love it

Im Still Ballin
12-17-2014, 02:33 AM
He's going too hard too early

Peaking too soon

He'll come back down to earth

Leboss James doing it right

He'll peak in June once again

Spurs5Rings2014
12-17-2014, 02:35 AM
Westbreezy.

:bowdown:

The_Yearning
12-17-2014, 02:47 AM
He's going too hard too early

Peaking too soon

He'll come back down to earth

Leboss James doing it right

He'll peak in June once again

Westbrook been like this his entire career.

Dude would have never missed a game if it wasn't for that Beverly fakkit.

Fudge
12-17-2014, 02:51 AM
Feels good to have the TWO best players in the world. Scary thing is, they're not even 100% healthy. :oldlol:

We're comin, baby.

J Shuttlesworth
12-17-2014, 02:53 AM
Feels good to have the TWO best players in the world. Scary thing is, they're not even 100% healthy. :oldlol:

We're comin, baby.
Whatchu talkin bout? Isn't Ibaka 100% healthy?

SOD 21
12-17-2014, 02:54 AM
His numbers per 36 minutes are off the charts at 32 points, seven rebounds and eight assists per game.

He is playing like an MVP.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-17-2014, 02:54 AM
Can Westbrook win MVP or does having Durant as his #2 hurt him too much?

AintNoSunshine
12-17-2014, 02:56 AM
Every year OKC destroys the league

until deep in the Playoffs.

Fudge
12-17-2014, 02:58 AM
Can Westbrook win MVP or does having Durant as his #2 hurt him too much?
If he keeps this up, he could. He should easily be the MVP if OKC somehow ends up with a Top 3-4 seed while keeping his current numbers up.

3ball
12-17-2014, 03:20 AM
if mini-jordan, i mean bestbrook wins the MVP this year AND they win it all, that would be AMAZING... it would teach us a lot about the game.

westbrook and durant might one of the more unique 1-2 punches ever and it's fascinating to see how they play together and evaluate the optimal way for them to succeed.

Taller than CP3
12-17-2014, 03:22 AM
Goatbrook is like Anderson Silva in his prime, everyone is afraid to go up against him.

3ball
12-17-2014, 04:10 AM
Goatbrook is like Anderson Silva in his prime, everyone is afraid to go up against him.
yup... westbrook's aggressiveness and speed ensure that opponents have maximum opportunity to be embarrassed.

other guys like lebron don't have westie's true guard speed nor do they have his attack and kill mentality - westbrook is starting to have the same effect on all-star opposition that Jordan had, where:

"other players who are all-star caliber have a lot of courage also, but you can see their courage go away when they're playing against him. He mentally and emotionally destroys players at times, and you can see it happen"

that's how Jerry West described it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvAOYwuwcBc&t=15m01s

:bowdown: .. and Westie's getting there.. :banana:

KDthunderup
12-17-2014, 04:22 AM
Jesus christ, so Durant has only been back for not even 2 weeks back from a serious injury and this shit has started?

AirFederer
12-17-2014, 04:28 AM
https://michaelscomments.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/goat-ears.jpg

HurricaneKid
12-17-2014, 04:30 AM
Jesus christ, so Durant has only been back for not even 2 weeks back from a serious injury and this shit has started?

I watched the game tonight. The chasm between the two of them right now is enormous. Maybe KD is just getting right but RWB is a demon defensively and their best offensive player.

KD needs to get right. Its a weird dynamic when the MVP needs reps but he is far from your best player.

theaussieguy
12-17-2014, 04:33 AM
was it Kenny Smith who said during preseason or around that time that Russel Westbrook would be MVP in the next couple of years?

I never thought i'd see the day because I always thought of WB as a steve francis 2.0 but its hard to deny he is really starting to come into his own as a certified f*ing baller

KDthunderup
12-17-2014, 04:42 AM
I watched the game tonight. The chasm between the two of them right now is enormous. Maybe KD is just getting right but RWB is a demon defensively and their best offensive player.

KD needs to get right. Its a weird dynamic when the MVP needs reps but he is far from your best player.
KD put up the kinda stats Westbrook is currently for a whole godamn season

Keno
12-17-2014, 04:54 AM
best player on okc and it's not even a debate anymore.

VeeCee15
12-17-2014, 04:58 AM
KD looks big and slowish..and clumsy on offense? I don't watch much of OKC games so I don't get to see KD or westbrook much.

But westbrook, first time actually watching a full OKC game, is a beast.
Guy is probably fastest in the NBA and relentless...it's not just about stats..but you can see it in the opponents that they FEAR him because he's unstoppable 1on1....just super explosive and aggressive.

I don't think KD ever worried teams like russell westbrook even if he put up 32 ppg...just something about westbrook that's scary

Keno
12-17-2014, 05:01 AM
at this rate, kd to wiz is looking like a guarantee.

raprap
12-17-2014, 05:12 AM
I hope Durant doesn't go Kobe on Goatbrook. Durant needs to step back now that Goatbrook has arrived. :rockon:

AirFederer
12-17-2014, 05:33 AM
Dude is amazing, but needs to pace himself. He should peak for the play offs.

Im Still Ballin
12-17-2014, 06:39 AM
Dude is amazing, but needs to pace himself. He should peak for the play offs.
This

The west is a ****ing battlefield

We saw how Durant ended up last season after going HAM for most of the season

They probably feel they can still get a top 4 seed

I actually think they can

They've been smashing teams

They need to have a better record than Portland to win the division?

My pick is still the spurs

The_Yearning
12-17-2014, 07:10 AM
This

The west is a ****ing battlefield

We saw how Durant ended up last season after going HAM for most of the season

They probably feel they can still get a top 4 seed

I actually think they can

They've been smashing teams

They need to have a better record than Portland to win the division?

My pick is still the spurs

Yeah... I doubt that's happening.

deja vu
12-17-2014, 09:08 AM
Championship or bust.

No way a team with 2 MVPs in their primes not win the title.

ArbitraryWater
12-17-2014, 01:01 PM

don't hold a grudge, look at your avatar and embrace it happening.

Prometheus
12-17-2014, 01:07 PM
if mini-jordan, i mean bestbrook wins the MVP this year AND they win it all, that would be AMAZING... it would teach us a lot about the game.

westbrook and durant might one of the more unique 1-2 punches ever and it's fascinating to see how they play together and evaluate the optimal way for them to succeed.

Westbrook doesn't play anything like Jordan, and if you think he does, then you've never watched Jordan. Westbrook is extremely ball-dominant, while MJ got 70%+ of his points off-ball.

:D

Budadiiii
12-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Westbrook doesn't play anything like Jordan, and if you think he does, then you've never watched Jordan. Westbrook is extremely ball-dominant, while MJ got 70%+ of his points off-ball.

:D
He attacks the rim fearlessly like Jordan did. He plays hard on both ends like Jordan did. He shows up every game like Jordan did.

And just because someone has the ball more doesn't mean they don't play alike, why the hell would it?

Jailblazers7
12-17-2014, 01:11 PM
Most of the time it looks like Westbrook is playing in fast forward while everyone else is at normal speed. He is the funnest player in the league to watch by a mile.

Prometheus
12-17-2014, 01:21 PM
He attacks the rim fearlessly like Jordan did. He plays hard on both ends like Jordan did. He shows up every game like Jordan did.

And just because someone has the ball more doesn't mean they don't play alike, why the hell would it?

It's kind of an inside joke between me and 3ball...

But really they're very similar on defense. Yes they both attack the rim, but Westbrook usually plays out of isolation or high screen/rolls, while Jordan would usually get his touches at the elbow, on the wing, or in the low post, and most of his moves came very quickly off of one or two dribbles.

Also Westbrook has awful touch around the rim. It's a shame, because he's so good at getting in the paint, but he's so bad at converting his opportunities down there. Obviously Jordan had no such problems.

Budadiiii
12-17-2014, 01:28 PM
It's kind of an inside joke between me and 3ball...

But really they're very similar on defense. Yes they both attack the rim, but Westbrook usually plays out of isolation or high screen/rolls, while Jordan would usually get his touches at the elbow, on the wing, or in the low post, and most of his moves came very quickly off of one or two dribbles.

Also Westbrook has awful touch around the rim. It's a shame, because he's so good at getting in the paint, but he's so bad at converting his opportunities down there. Obviously Jordan had no such problems.
Westbrook does have terrible touch but he's been better this year. Finishing layups more efficiently than years previous, and his left hand is just as good as his right which is awesome.