PDA

View Full Version : Is there a power shift in OKC?

Heavincent
12-17-2014, 02:26 AM
Honest question. GOATbrook seems to have taken his game to the next level, with The Servant playing more of a complimentary role.

In all seriousness, Durant does seem to have taken kind of a backseat to NinjaTurtlebrook. Is this just him working his way back into shape, or is this something we can expect in the future?

Collie
12-17-2014, 02:32 AM
He's probably working himself back. His attempts have been on the lower side than normal as is his minutes.

That said, I expect KD and Westbrook to have a Shaq/Kobe circa 2003 type relationship going forward, in that both of them will be godlike statistically instead of a hero/sidekick dynamic.

JohnFreeman
12-17-2014, 02:39 AM
Westbrook has always been the best player on OKC

Mr. I'm So Rad
12-17-2014, 02:42 AM
Welcome to 2011

FKAri
12-17-2014, 02:43 AM
Westbrook has always been the best player on OKC

Then all the hating and criticizing relating to OKC's falures should be directed at him? Got it. I'll let the Bran/Bean stans know.

Fudge
12-17-2014, 02:46 AM
So far, yeah. Westbrook is playing lead dog, posting MVP type numbers while Durant gets back in his groove. I think it'll change as the season progresses, though.

How f*cking sick is that. Two of the best players in the world, taking turns, shitting on the whole league right now.

Russ is the MVP so far, in my book.

Heavincent
12-17-2014, 02:57 AM
Then all the hating and criticizing relating to OKC's falures should be directed at him?

Where have you been? Westbrook has always been the scapegoat.

SOD 21
12-17-2014, 02:58 AM
Do people realize that Kevin Durant had a broken foot that prevented him from running and doing most basketball related activities while he was gone?

It was always going to take him longer to return to pick form than Russell Westbrook. The KD that were used to seeing will return consistently in the next week or two.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-17-2014, 02:58 AM
Serious question: Is Durant too good of a complimentary player for Westbrook to win MVP or does he have a legit shot?

TheMilkyBarKid
12-17-2014, 03:03 AM
So far, yeah. Westbrook is playing lead dog, posting MVP type numbers while Durant gets back in his groove. I think it'll change as the season progresses, though.

How f*cking sick is that. Two of the best players in the world, taking turns, shitting on the whole league right now.

Stupid post by a stupid poster.
If Westbrook had played all the games in the form he is in, yes he certainly COULD be considered the favourite.

That is not the case.

dubeta
12-17-2014, 03:06 AM
I think this is the season Durant accepts his role as the beta sidekick

AintNoSunshine
12-17-2014, 03:07 AM
OKC will be a true contendor after Westbrook put Dubeta in his place for good. Truth.

Fudge
12-17-2014, 03:08 AM
Stupid post by a stupid poster.
If Westbrook had played all the games in the form he is in, yes he certainly COULD be considered the favourite.

That is not the case.
Played 11 games out of their 25, while winning the last 7 since he's been back. :oldlol:

MVP.

Stay mad.

Taller than CP3
12-17-2014, 03:10 AM
Westbrook helped him win MVP last year so now he's trying to get Westbrook one.

Heavincent
12-17-2014, 03:11 AM
I think this is the season Durant accepts his role as the beta sidekick

Hopefully it works out better for him than it did for Bran in the 2011 Finals.

Fudge
12-17-2014, 03:12 AM
Hopefully it works out better for him than it did for Bran in the 2011 Finals.
:yaohappy: :oldlol:

LBJ 23
12-17-2014, 03:37 AM
Serious question: Is Durant too good of a complimentary player for Westbrook to win MVP or does he have a legit shot?

It's different standards nowadays. Better said, there are different standards when it comes to Lebron and other superstars. In 11'' whole ISH was up how ''Lebron can't win or doesn't deserve MVP because he has Wade on his team''.
Now, when you have pretty much the same scenario with Durant and Westbrook, when they are both arguably top 2-3 or definitely top 5 players in the league, nobody has a problem with it. Either of them could win MVP and I doubt anyone on ISH would say anything.

Back in 10' there were mostly posts like this when there was a debate if Lebron can win MVP.

''There were some sports analysts talking about this last night on the radio, and their consensus was "NO".

They said they don't see how either Lebron or Wade can win the MVP. Stating the MVP is "supposed" to be for the best player that's the most valuable to his team .... basically meaning his team couldn't win without him. Well, you can't say that about neither James or Wade anymore.''

As usual Lebron being held to different/higher standards. Same thing for Wade. But that's ok with me, it only shows their true greatness.

russwest0
12-17-2014, 03:50 AM
The team is built more to Westbrook's strengths than Durant's.

Westbrook can thrive with this supporting cast.

buddha
12-17-2014, 03:54 AM
26/7/6

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bp4l2CYIQAA5FdP.jpg

Keno
12-17-2014, 05:03 AM
of course. okc is going as far as westbrook takes them, and durant can't do anything about it.

raprap
12-17-2014, 05:07 AM

Championship or bust. :applause:

jrong
12-17-2014, 05:15 AM
There will be when Durant shifts his power northeast to Washington D.C. at the end of next year.

Seriously, I don't care how well Westbrook is playing right NOW (I doubt he's suddenly turned a corner and will keep up this efficiency).

Durant had one of the greatest seasons EVER last year. He should be competing with LeBron for the title of best of this generation, but he's being relegated to an afterthought by his selfish, usage-happy "point guard," the guy whose job is supposed to be to get him the ball and set him up for shots.

KD's at a point where his legacy is already on the clock. If I'm him, I'm not wasting any more time than I have to being held back by the human vortex that is Westbrook who year-in and year-out refuses to accept his place.

Nash
12-17-2014, 06:21 AM
Westbrook has that game that translates well into the playoffs and I think Durant is wise to share a bit more with Westbrook in that sense. A bit like when Wade decided to take a step back in 2012 which was the key for Miami's success. Now obviously not the same way but Wade decided to give Lebron more responsibility and I think Durant is doing the same. I think the only way for OKC to win it all is if they give Westbrook more responsibility.
Westbrook is developing into a 6-3 Lebron.

VeeCee15
12-17-2014, 06:24 AM
6-3 lebron is an insult..that would mean a crappier version of lebron.

Westbrook is faster and more explosive than lebron...also he plays with natural aggression and killer mentality

Nash
12-17-2014, 06:29 AM
6-3 lebron is an insult..that would mean a crappier version of lebron.

Westbrook is faster and more explosive than lebron...also he plays with natural aggression and killer mentality
Westbrook is a crappier version of Lebron because Lebron is better at almost everything.

Kingwillball
12-17-2014, 11:17 AM
Westbrook is a crappier version of Lebron because Lebron is better at almost everything.

Lol truth..

Budadiiii
12-17-2014, 11:49 AM
Second fiddle Durant is still a better player than LeBron and the stats, team record, and eye test all indicate that.

If anything, I'm a genius for predicting the future and letting everyone know how great Westbrook is and will continue to be.

Budadiiii
12-17-2014, 11:51 AM
Except the intangibles like leadership and intimidation. Intangibles are a huge part of the game and Westbrook has them all while Bron has none.

Many consider LeBron to be the worst leader in the history of sports which is why he's responsible for the worst choke in history and the worst beat down ever in the finals.

ZeN
12-17-2014, 01:03 PM
Do people realize that Kevin Durant had a broken foot that prevented him from running and doing most basketball related activities while he was gone?

It was always going to take him longer to return to pick form than Russell Westbrook. The KD that were used to seeing will return consistently in the next week or two.
This.

Demitri98
12-17-2014, 01:30 PM

This. People need to realize that when Westbrook was gone with his torn hand ligament he could still run and jump and stay in shape, just couldn't use the hand. He also had lots of time to work on his left hand dribbling, layups, etc.

Durant tore a ligament in his foot, which took him out of any action on his feet period.

There's a big difference here, people.

Budadiiii
12-17-2014, 01:35 PM
This. People need to realize that when Westbrook was gone with his torn hand ligament he could still run and jump and stay in shape, just couldn't use the hand. He also had lots of time to work on his left hand dribbling, layups, etc.

Durant tore a ligament in his foot, which took him out of any action on his feet period.

There's a big difference here, people.
And yet Durant is still insanely efficient and playing great D. :confusedshrug:

These people are just desperate trolls taking out their frustration on Durant because their fave player can't even match up with a half-healthy Kevin on a minutes restriction.