PDA

View Full Version : Houston to move for Dragic?

UK2K
12-17-2014, 03:53 AM
Saw this posted on CF. Checked the source, guy from BR, but the move makes sense on both fronts, and would change the landscape of the WC.

The Houston Rockets are reportedly on the verge of a big move this week with the possibility of using the $8M trade exception for Phoenix Suns point guard Goran Dragic.

Fudge
12-17-2014, 03:54 AM
He recently followed the Rockets twitter account too, if that means anything.

FREE GORAN!!!!

sammichoffate
12-17-2014, 04:01 AM
Morey is just re-signing all the players that he lets go, wtf is this :lol

noob cake
12-17-2014, 04:02 AM
TPE + Pelicans' lotto pick for Dragic is a decent deal tbh.

OKC is going to get that 8th seed eventually. Pelicans will start tanking soon to try to get past the lotto protection, but the Wolves, Jazz and Eastern Conference tank brigade will make it impossible for the Pelicans to land a protected top 4 picks.

http://s11.postimg.org/ry6ioy5lv/image.jpg

SwishSquared
12-17-2014, 04:31 AM
I think Dragic is a stud and that NOP pick would be a good return for Phoenix if all signs point to him wanting to leave at season's end. However, I wonder if HOU can get him for less, only because he's likely going to opt-out of his contract and HOU could do a S&T this summer for him.

UK2K
12-17-2014, 04:37 AM
Dragic
Harden
Ariza
D Mo (Until Jones returns)
Howard

Does that make them legit? How good is Dragic's defense? Beverley has been outstanding this season on defense as well as knocking down the 3. I think he's a perfect fit next to Harden.

buddha
12-17-2014, 04:38 AM
Houston has played well when Harden dominates the ball though, he isn't a blackhole and Beverley fits well as the PG. Houston would be better off adding a frontcourt player that can play minutes at center when Dwight gets in foul trouble.

Cocaine80s
12-17-2014, 04:41 AM
I think Rondo would be a better fit than Dragic though

el_locoteee
12-17-2014, 04:51 AM
I think Rondo would be a better fit than Dragic though

He can't shoot that's a big issue for a team that love to shoot 3s

Marchesk
12-17-2014, 04:52 AM
Still first round exit to OKC.

morbius
12-17-2014, 05:30 AM
Can you actually package TPE with something else, such as a pick? I remember you can't package it with players.

UK2K
12-17-2014, 05:32 AM
Can you actually package TPE with something else, such as a pick? I remember you can't package it with players.
I believe I read somewhere you can't.

Of course, I'm really high so...

SwishSquared
12-17-2014, 06:03 AM
You don't package it per se, you just are allowed to accept up to that much salary in a trade without sending $ out. You have to give up something in a trade (even if you actually never give it up, like a heavily-protected pick), so, for example, if you don't have the cap space to absorb a player's salary in a trade (but have a sufficiently-sized TPE), then you can send out a pick in exchange for that player.

Fallen Angel
12-17-2014, 07:58 AM
Goran would make Houston a top 3 team in the NBA. The league isn't ready.

Eric Cartman
12-17-2014, 08:11 AM
Houston should try to sign him outright next year, if they don't have the cap needed, then trade for him to acquire his bird rights.

Get er done, Morey.

Haymaker
12-17-2014, 08:21 AM
I want to see Dragic in a championship contender. The Rockets are not that yet, but with him they will be.

R.I.P.
12-17-2014, 09:18 AM
100% Suns ask for D-Mo in any deal with Houston. He

ronnymac
12-17-2014, 09:33 AM
Houston has played well when Harden dominates the ball though, he isn't a blackhole and Beverley fits well as the PG. Houston would be better off adding a frontcourt player that can play minutes at center when Dwight gets in foul trouble.
we are crying out for a second playmaker because at this rate an injury to James is a matter of when not if with his usage rate and the extended minutes he is forced to play because our lack of secondary bonafide playmaking option. Dragic Is actually good off the ball to as he showed with Bledsoe last season.

In an interview Goran named Houston as one of his perfered destinations that he will look into as a free agent. He also has a tremendously good relationhip with Kevin McHale.It is obvious the Suns know they cant keep him and a potential pick in the 10 to the 14 region is very tempting plus a huge 8.4 TPE.

Dragic gives us probably the best backcourt in the league and a legit 3rd star.

ronnymac
12-17-2014, 09:35 AM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]100% Suns ask for D-Mo in any deal with Houston. He

Nash
12-17-2014, 09:54 AM
why would phx trade dragic for a trade exception? surely they could get more.

and lol at dragic going back and forth from suns to rockets