PDA

View Full Version : Celtics reportedly discussing Rajon Rondo deals

outbreak
12-17-2014, 06:03 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--celtics-rajon-rondo-212808679.html

No agreements in place yet but they are in serious discussions apparently.

BigBoss
12-17-2014, 06:06 PM
Trade talks have been with mainly Western Conference teams...It just keeps getting easier for lebald

MastaKilla
12-17-2014, 06:07 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2048467/ric-flair-lakers-wooooo-o.gif

HOoopCityJones
12-17-2014, 06:08 PM
Lin and Hill plus Houston's Draft pick for Rondo and Kelly O.

MastaKilla
12-17-2014, 06:09 PM
^^ would actually be good for the C's, get Hills team option plus picks.. and with Lin they can full on tank

MP.Trey
12-17-2014, 06:10 PM
Good. Get his ass on a contender.

outbreak
12-17-2014, 06:14 PM
Dallas makes the most sense to me. Not sure what they would be willing to part with that is enough value though but a core of Rondo, Dirk, Ellis and Chandler would be amazing to watch.

Legends66NBA7
12-17-2014, 06:16 PM
I really don't see his trade value. Is he playing hurt tthis season ?

SexSymbol
12-17-2014, 06:42 PM
He's the best pure point guard and all-around player in the league

DukeDelonte13
12-17-2014, 06:48 PM
I could see the kings trying to get him.

outbreak
12-17-2014, 06:51 PM

Yeah being the best passing guard in the league and leading the league in triple doubles really adds nothing to a team. He may as well go play in china.

Nash
12-17-2014, 06:55 PM
Miami 1st round pick, Norris Cole for Rondo.

Miami already committed to Wade and Bosh so can't really tank so they could use another piece like Rondo.

JohnMax
12-17-2014, 07:01 PM
Rondo averages 10.6 ppg.

He would get murdered by every all-star caliber PG in the West.

hawkfan
12-17-2014, 07:02 PM
I could see the kings trying to get him.
Derrick Williams and Stauskas and Sessions.

Real Men Wear Green
12-17-2014, 07:03 PM
Not a surprise, Smart and Rondo won't ever be a good mix.
Trade talks have been with mainly Western Conference teams...It just keeps getting easier for lebald
Yeah, I was highly anticipating the Celtics pulling the upset from the 12th seed.
Miami 1st round pick, Norris Cole for Rondo.

Miami already committed to Wade and Bosh so can't really tank so they could use another piece like Rondo.
That's basically Rondo for a pick around #20. Not worth it.

ballup
12-17-2014, 07:04 PM
This report doesn't really reveal anything. Similar reports have surfaced over the years and nothing came to fruition. It has become the norm for Rondo to be in trade rumors.

MastaKilla
12-17-2014, 07:05 PM
Celtics have no leverage, he's gone after this year if he doesn't get traded

Real Men Wear Green
12-17-2014, 07:07 PM
Rondo averages 10.6 ppg.

He would get murdered by every all-star caliber PG in the West.
No, that's his apg, which is tied with John Wall for the league lead. He can hold his own with anyone, can defend as well as any point guard. He's just a bad shooter.

Cocaine80s
12-17-2014, 07:08 PM
Waiters for Rondo

Smoke117
12-17-2014, 07:08 PM
He's the best pure point guard and all-around player in the league

He's not even the best all around player at his position...less the league. A guy who needs 9 shots to average 8 points is a better all around player than Chris Paul and John Wall?...okay. You know shooting and scoring still gets taken into account when you are discussing "all around" right?

protox
12-17-2014, 07:09 PM
Rockets? I think he'd definitely put them closer to the championship. Have to admit, the Rockets are balling even without Howard so far and so many injuries. Do they have the assets to get him though?

Real Men Wear Green
12-17-2014, 07:09 PM
No, they could just overpay him. Regardless there's no harm in having a high price tag right now. There's still months until the trade deadline and even if he leaves cap space is better than a bad trade.

gts
12-17-2014, 07:10 PM
No, that's his apg, which is tied with John Wall for the league lead. He can hold his own with anyone, can defend as well as any point guard. He's just a bad shooter.

He'll fit right in with the Lakers... nobody will even notice...:lol

edit: So Rondo and Green to the Lakers

Nash's expiring contract, Jordan Hill, filler (pick em) and the best first round pick the Lakers end up with in 2015

Real Men Wear Green
12-17-2014, 07:11 PM
Waiters for Rondo
That might be bad for both teams. Waiters has less value while the Cavs don't need a point.

outbreak
12-17-2014, 07:14 PM
That might be bad for both teams. Waiters has less value while the Cavs don't need a point.

Monroe to Boston, Rondo to Dallas, Parsons to Detroit. Fillers/expirings/picks to make up value

Real Men Wear Green
12-17-2014, 07:19 PM
Monroe to Boston, Rondo to Dallas, Parsons to Detroit. Fillers/expirings/picks to make up value
I hear good things about Monroe so maybe it's worthwhile for the Cs but they don't particularly need a 4.

Real Men Wear Green
12-17-2014, 07:21 PM
He'll fit right in with the Lakers... nobody will even notice...:lol

edit: So Rondo and Green to the Lakers

Nash's expiring contract, Jordan Hill, filler (pick em) and the best first round pick the Lakers end up with in 2015
A combo of Rondo and Green should get the Celtics a good player. This deal is two good players for a late spot in the lottery(?).

outbreak
12-17-2014, 07:24 PM
I hear good things about Monroe so maybe it's worthwhile for the Cs but they don't particularly need a 4.
I'm not sure what asset would be available for Rondo right now though, I really like Rondo but most teams already have a competent point guard an so probably wouldn't splurge on him. I think this deal may net them assets rather than need. If they are moving Green as well though like you mentioned above then they might be able to pick up more value as picking up one of the best ball handlers and play makers a long with a starting level forward would be tempting.

Mr. Jabbar
12-17-2014, 07:25 PM
my fav pg not named goatbrook, do it mitch

ballup
12-17-2014, 07:30 PM
I really hope this is all speculation like the past couple years....
http://www.newrepublic.com/article/120572/adrian-wojnarowski-how-basketballs-reporting-machine-gets-his-scoops
If you follow the line of reasoning in this article, it's possible this is a bogus report to slander Ainge for not cooperating with Woj.

imnew09
12-17-2014, 07:35 PM
OMG OMG OMG

Lakers please :cry:

outbreak
12-17-2014, 07:44 PM
http://www.newrepublic.com/article/120572/adrian-wojnarowski-how-basketballs-reporting-machine-gets-his-scoops
If you follow the line of reasoning in this article, it's possible this is a bogus report to slander Ainge for not cooperating with Woj.

You are grinding your axe pretty hard. Why would he make up a fake trade discussion when it's usually his opinion pieces that could be biased? Leaking the trade discussion only servers to help gauge interest and try and get other GMs to think more parties are in play. Woj has a proven track record unlike any other reporter when it comes to breaking rumours. The only thing dubious about this is that it still seems like their past leaks which seem to be looking to test the waters more than actually having any frameworks in place.

outbreak
12-17-2014, 07:50 PM
if this is actually 100% legit and they are going to move rondo, at least package wallace up with him. His contract is horrible.

I imagine if they do move him there will be a lot of pieces involved. I don't see the celtics moving him for a compete now piece but at the same time their roster still has some pieces like Wallace that would want to be moved if they are going for a young tank/rebuild around smart, Bradley, olynck and sullinger.

ballup
12-17-2014, 07:52 PM
You are grinding your axe pretty hard. Why would he make up a fake trade discussion when it's usually his opinion pieces that could be biased? Leaking the trade discussion only servers to help gauge interest and try and get other GMs to think more parties are in play. Woj has a proven track record unlike any other reporter when it comes to breaking rumours. The only thing dubious about this is that it still seems like their past leaks which seem to be looking to test the waters more than actually having any frameworks in place.
Ainge is one of the people the link lists that Woj has made negative opinion articles upon. I only said it is a possibility if that article is right so a core extent.

Rondo trade rumors have always surfaced and this article doesn't provide any real substance aside from generic conjecture.

MP.Trey
12-17-2014, 07:53 PM
Who keeps editing thread titles that have nothing wrong with them? Whoever it is, is moving down in my moderator power rankings. :facepalm

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-17-2014, 07:57 PM
A combo of Rondo and Green should get the Celtics a good player. This deal is two good players for a late spot in the lottery(?).

no 1 is a UFA in summer and 1 has early termination

so no

Real Men Wear Green
12-17-2014, 08:01 PM
no 1 is a UFA in summer and 1 has early termination

so no
The Celtics have no reason to participate in a trade that isn't in their best interest. Cap space>Laker crap.

Thunderfan86
12-17-2014, 08:02 PM
I just heard from a semi reliable source that the OKC Thunder was in the mix

CelticBaller
12-17-2014, 08:05 PM
good

Real Men Wear Green
12-17-2014, 08:07 PM
OKC is not going to outbid other teams for Rondo when their PG might be the best guard in the league.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
12-17-2014, 08:07 PM

cheap bastards wont pay him

Levity
12-17-2014, 08:12 PM

my reliable source says you didnt hear anything.

Thunderfan86
12-17-2014, 08:13 PM
cheap bastards wont pay him
Yeah, they probably won't pay Reggie Jackson either and supposedly he's one of the trade pieces.

SamuraiSWISH
12-17-2014, 08:15 PM
Rondo on the Lakers, back court mate w/ Kobe is REALLY interesting. Especially if they could've kept Pau, or Dwight didn't clash with Bryant. They'd be a formidable team right now. Kobe wouldn't be having to shoot 39% from the floor either.

rezznor
12-17-2014, 08:17 PM
Rockets? I think he'd definitely put them closer to the championship. Have to admit, the Rockets are balling even without Howard so far and so many injuries. Do they have the assets to get him though?
not a good fit. he cant shoot and harden handles the ball alot.

outbreak
12-17-2014, 08:20 PM

Dallas would be the dream location for him.

bluechox2
12-17-2014, 08:21 PM
bargnani, JR smith Calderon 1st rounder, 2nd rounder for rondo and green

Derka
12-17-2014, 08:26 PM
Same reports we get every season. Wake me when a deal happens.

fpliii
12-17-2014, 08:29 PM
Rondo on the Lakers, back court mate w/ Kobe is REALLY interesting. Especially if they could've kept Pau, or Dwight didn't clash with Bryant. They'd be a formidable team right now. Kobe wouldn't be having to shoot 39% from the floor either.
Do you think lack of shooters would be an issue? I guess Byron Scott doesn't like the three, but you need floor spacing in today's league.

bluechox2
12-17-2014, 08:31 PM
Do you think lack of shooters would be an issue? I guess Byron Scott doesn't like the three, but you need floor spacing in today's league.
kobe needs another fisher type who can hit the bailout 3 but wont enter his territory

fpliii
12-17-2014, 08:32 PM
kobe needs another fisher type who can hit the bailout 3 but wont enter his territory
Another Gasol would be nice too. :D But he's staying in Memphis.

Milbuck
12-17-2014, 08:36 PM
Sincere post here, not trolling to knock Harden or anything. Why would you not want him considering your guys' playoff runs the past couple years? Healthy Rondo has more or less been a killer in the playoffs, in the right situation...yeah, Harden handles the ball a lot but considering what's happened in the playoffs, you really don't think he needs some help in that regard? Again not criticizing him, just saying the dude definitely could use someone like Rondo to take some pressure off as a creator. People will point to Lin, but Lin was nowhere near a healthy, in-form Rondo in that regard...Rondo is on another planet as a ball handler, playmaker, etc.. Harden would still be the guy for instant offense and the go-to guy in the big moments, but Rondo would be an incredible option to have when the offense becomes overly-reliant on Harden (and Dwight). If anything, Rondo would help Harden expand his game off-ball, and get him much different looks. And for shooting..Harden and Ariza are both excellent shooters...1 out of 3 perimeter spots not being a great shooter isn't going to kill spacing. And this is all offense, not even considering how he fits into exactly what they're trying to do defensively.

Haymaker
12-17-2014, 08:57 PM
Dallas would be the dream location for him.

Indeed. He would go for 15 apg easily.

rezznor
12-17-2014, 09:03 PM
Sincere post here, not trolling to knock Harden or anything. Why would you not want him considering your guys' playoff runs the past couple years? Healthy Rondo has more or less been a killer in the playoffs, in the right situation...yeah, Harden handles the ball a lot but considering what's happened in the playoffs, you really don't think he needs some help in that regard? Again not criticizing him, just saying the dude definitely could use someone like Rondo to take some pressure off as a creator. People will point to Lin, but Lin was nowhere near a healthy, in-form Rondo in that regard...Rondo is on another planet as a ball handler, playmaker, etc.. Harden would still be the guy for instant offense and the go-to guy in the big moments, but Rondo would be an incredible option to have when the offense becomes overly-reliant on Harden (and Dwight). If anything, Rondo would help Harden expand his game off-ball, and get him much different looks. And for shooting..Harden and Ariza are both excellent shooters...1 out of 3 perimeter spots not being a great shooter isn't going to kill spacing. And this is all offense, not even considering how he fits into exactly what they're trying to do defensively.
I agree that we need another playmaker to take pressure off Harden when defenses are keyed in on him and in a vacuum of course Rondo would improve the team but I'd rather hold out for a better fit. Dragic would be my ideal get. Howard would improve greatly from either pg.

SamuraiSWISH
12-17-2014, 09:05 PM
Well yea ... get a 3 and D SF. Or if they managed to keep Dwight, dump Gasol off for a stretch 4 man as well. It would've worked. Plus that vetoed CP3 trade. Karma style luck for the most greedy organization in sports this side of the Yankees.

el gringos
12-17-2014, 09:09 PM
Pelicans get- RONDO, Hardaway jr, dalembert, Larkin, b bass, prigioni

Celtics get- amare, Gordon, thanasis, NO 1st & 2 2nds, NY 1st & 2 2nds

Knicks get- Anderson, g Wallace, green, jrue, jimmer

Pelicans better off building around AD w capspace, and ability to bring back Rondo. Dal, bass, prigioni all expire

Celtics get a lot of picks for a guy that either leaves or has to be overpaid and green who is the value it takes to turn next years expirer from Wallace to Gordon. (Where there is at least some up side)

Jrue/Calderon/jimmer
Smith/shumpert/cleanthony
Carmelo/green/wear
Anderson/Wallace/acy
Bargnani/smith/Aldrich

KyrieTheFuture
12-17-2014, 09:15 PM
Eric Gordon/Ryan Anderson/1st Round Pick

for

Rondo/Green

Random_Guy
12-17-2014, 09:16 PM
he would be amazing on the warriors imo though the warriors would never get him lol, the only chip they have is probably lee? but no idea why we would want him. and also curry is too good for the team to out bid other teams, but still playing rondo at pg then curry at sg and thomphson and sf would be amazing lol. hope our boy can find a good place though, he has done much for us and developed here, his dgaf attitude has made me a great fan.

bluechox2
12-17-2014, 09:16 PM
Pelicans get- RONDO, Hardaway jr, dalembert, Larkin, b bass, prigioni

Celtics get- amare, Gordon, thanasis, NO 1st & 2 2nds, NY 1st & 2 2nds

Knicks get- Anderson, g Wallace, green, jrue, jimmer

Pelicans better off building around AD w capspace, and ability to bring back Rondo. Dal, bass, prigioni all expire

Celtics get a lot of picks for a guy that either leaves or has to be overpaid and green who is the value it takes to turn next years expirer from Wallace to Gordon. (Where there is at least some up side)

Jrue/Calderon/jimmer
Smith/shumpert/cleanthony
Carmelo/green/wear
Anderson/Wallace/acy
Bargnani/smith/Aldrich

lol, so the knicks go tank mode by not taking picks back but garbage and and forgot to take out the worst garbage in bargnani

el gringos
12-17-2014, 09:32 PM
lol, so the knicks go tank mode by not taking picks back but garbage and and forgot to take out the worst garbage in bargnani
Jrue Holiday, Jeff green, Ryan Anderson and Gerald Wallace??? No that wouldn't count as tanking. That would be trying to beat the cavs. Starting right now.

Milbuck
12-17-2014, 09:45 PM
I agree that we need another playmaker to take pressure off Harden when defenses are keyed in on him and in a vacuum of course Rondo would improve the team but I'd rather hold out for a better fit. Dragic would be my ideal get. Howard would improve greatly from either pg.
Dragic on the Rockets would be insane. That's the move that takes them from a 1st-2nd round exit to championship-level. Memphis, healthy Chicago, GS, maybe San Antonio and OKC are the only teams with the defensive components (either elite individual defenders at specific positions, or elite team defense) to really contain that offense. Portland would be okay. Teams like Dallas, Cleveland, LAC would get torched. They'd be on anyone's level as a 2-way team. Don't know what the trade would look like, or if they're actually interested in him..but they should be.

rezznor
12-17-2014, 09:56 PM
Dragic on the Rockets would be insane. That's the move that takes them from a 1st-2nd round exit to championship-level. Memphis, healthy Chicago, GS, maybe San Antonio and OKC are the only teams with the defensive components (either elite individual defenders at specific positions, or elite team defense) to really contain that offense. Portland would be okay. Teams like Dallas, Cleveland, LAC would get torched. They'd be on anyone's level as a 2-way team. Don't know what the trade would look like, or if they're actually interested in him..but they should be.
we have 8.4 million in TE from Lin, NO's first rounder, and anyone not named howard or harden (i wanna hold onto dmo too) to trade. dunno what phoenix is looking for back. dragic followed the rockets on twitter the other day, but he just unfollowed

Phoenix Suns point guard Goran Dragic triggered speculations of a possible move to the Houston Rockets after the Slovenian playmaker followed the team's official Twitter page.
Dragic, who played for the Rockets for two seasons before he re-joined the Suns in 2012, might have dropped a big clue about his future, particularly a potential reunion with the Rockets.
Although there's still no report on a blockbuster trade between the Suns and the Rockets involving Dragic, it's still unusual for NBA player to follow the Twitter page of an opposing team.

Dragic has also said that he's open to playing for the rockets after free agency so if we can't trade for him we might still have a chance to sign him outright.

Aidz
12-17-2014, 10:17 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mxfwb2o

Nash, Lin, Randle, 1st round pick
for
Rondo, Green

COnDEMnED
12-17-2014, 11:42 PM
Please not to the Lakers. I'd rather keep picks and what little trade pieces we have and get him for free after the season, if at all. We need to tank for our pick back. This does not help us lose. :(

hawksdogsbraves
12-17-2014, 11:51 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mxfwb2o

Nash, Lin, Randle, 1st round pick
for
Rondo, Green

Would you really want to do this? Give up the very limited young talent you have for less than a season of Rondo and Green and a 39 win season?

I don't know that the Lakers even have a first round pick to trade at this point anyway :oldlol:

BlackWhiteGreen
12-18-2014, 04:01 AM
Can I just make this completely clear - you aren't getting Rondo AND Green unless there's a top 5 pick involved or a superstar. Green's on a team-friendly contract and is in the discussion for 4th best SF in the East.

Current discussions involve Wright and a 2015 pick from the Mavs for Rondo

ProfessorMurder
12-18-2014, 04:19 AM
Do you not understand what leverage is? You have something people want, you have leverage.