PDA

View Full Version : Love vs. Bosh as shooters

StrongLurk
12-17-2014, 08:29 PM
Bosh deserves respect for increasing his range in Miami, but Love seems like a better and much more natural long-range shooter. Thoughts?

Kvnzhangyay
12-17-2014, 08:30 PM
Love imo is just better offense, worse defense

dubeta
12-17-2014, 08:34 PM
Both were spot-up shooters that Bran turned into multidimensional players

bizil
12-17-2014, 09:08 PM
Love is the better three point shooter for sure. But Bosh has the better total scoring skillset. Love is one of the greatest shooting PF's of all time AND can lead the league in rebounding. Bosh on the other hand as an elite swingman's athletic ability and skillset. In during the big SF craze of the late 90's, Bosh could have very well played a lot of SF. Like KG, Dirk, and Sheed used to back then. The Spurs even used a triple towers lineup with Duncan at SF, Admiral at PF, and Perdue at center at times.

G0ATbe
12-17-2014, 09:14 PM
Love is way better, and I wasn't even expecting him to surpass Bosh. Better from midrange, better bank shot, better 3 point shot, better jump hook, better fadeaway.

dubeta
12-17-2014, 09:16 PM
Love is way better, and I wasn't even expecting him to surpass Bosh. Better from midrange, better bank shot, better 3 point shot, better jump hook, better fadeaway.

Kevin Love = Lamar Odom :applause:

Leftimage
12-17-2014, 09:23 PM
Shooting (along with rebounding) are the cornerstones of Kevin's game, and he's vastly superior to Bosh in both departments. Imo that gives Love the edge in both offensive & defensive output.

Bosh is slightly more versatile on both ends, but ultimately less influential.

I'd say choosing between the two as a 1st option is a very close call, but as a 2nd option I'd say Love is a no-brainer (going by what I've seen so far this season). He's much more impactful. Bosh is physically more impressive but that point is moot due to the fact he's incredibly soft.

bizil
12-17-2014, 10:04 PM
Shooting (along with rebounding) are the cornerstones of Kevin's game, and he's vastly superior to Bosh in both departments. Imo that gives Love the edge in both offensive & defensive output.

Bosh is slightly more versatile on both ends, but ultimately less influential.

I'd say choosing between the two as a 1st option is a very close call, but as a 2nd option I'd say Love is a no-brainer (going by what I've seen so far this season). He's much more impactful. Bosh is physically more impressive but that point is moot due to the fact he's incredibly soft.

Well said! I think one thing about great shooters that people don't factor at times (believe it or not) is the catch and shoot factor. They don't need to dribble at all to dominate shooting. So sure people automatically think about floor spacing which of course is a huge factor. But the ability to have a guy to play off Bron and Kyrie is huge. While they are creating, they can always kick out to Love for a quick shot.

It keeps the offense in rhythm and keeps the D on its heels. So as a second option, Love can catch and shoot and get physical on the glass. He can get his 22 points a night WITHOUT having any plays ran for him. Offensively, Dirk is the greatest stretch PF of all time! But MY DREAM STRETCH PF is Love because he's arguably the best passing and rebounding PF in the world.