PDA

View Full Version : Hawks can't beat .500+ teams,

Richesly
12-17-2014, 09:06 PM
Dumbest thing ever said!

atljonesbro
12-17-2014, 09:07 PM
If we beat the Cavs with no Teague even the Haters will have to admit this team is a contender.

JohnMax
12-17-2014, 09:09 PM
Hawks looked horrible earlier in the year because they were missing DeMarre Carroll

Kblaze8855
12-17-2014, 09:09 PM
Or that every nba team can beat every other nba team....

Takes a lot more than the Hawks have shown to have people see you as a potential title team.

hawksdogsbraves
12-17-2014, 09:10 PM
Why don't you wait to see if we can actually pull off this win before you make this thread :facepalm

atljonesbro
12-17-2014, 09:11 PM
Or that every nba team can beat every other nba team....

Takes a lot more than the Hawks have shown to have people see you as a potential title team.
How about winning 11 of their last 12 if we win? I mean, how many excuses are you people gonna spout off? Just admit you're wrong, it happens.

Wavves
12-17-2014, 09:14 PM
I hope the Cavs spank you in the 2nd half after this thread.

Stop being so arrogant.

atljonesbro
12-17-2014, 09:16 PM
I hope the Cavs spank you in the 2nd half after this thread.

Stop being so arrogant.
"golly, the cavs are such a good team, were gonna lose soooo bad"

Better?

Smoke117
12-17-2014, 09:18 PM
Didn't you just make this same exact thread about 2 days ago? :biggums: The entire board is living rent free in your head.

Wavves
12-17-2014, 09:18 PM
"golly, the cavs are such a good team, were gonna lose soooo bad"

Better?
:oldlol:

Whatever dude, keep preaching about your mediocre Hawks.

Kblaze8855
12-17-2014, 09:21 PM
How about winning 11 of their last 12 if we win? I mean, how many excuses are you people gonna spout off? Just admit you're wrong, it happens.

Every Hawks fan talking like this has been wrong since the 50s. As I said....real threats prove it by doing more than this. 11 of 12? Really? As proof you are contending?

Thats just a sign of having a low history of success setting a low bar. Its nice to win 11-12...but it doesnt matter. Teams have literally won 20 in a row and not mattered....

Wasnt even that long ago....

Having the 8th best record in the NBA is not something to be all "Admit we are contending!" about. THe Raptors have the 4th best record in the NBA. On pace for 62 wins.

And the serious teams are hardly shook of them either.

You prove these things over years and years.

Not 3 weeks.

Smoke117
12-17-2014, 09:23 PM

Who are these "people" you Hawk fans speak of? The Atlanta Hawks are such a shit franchise nobody even mentions them in a negative light...we are just apathetic. You Hawk fans have such a huge chip on your shoulder...it's quite amusing.

Richesly
12-17-2014, 09:26 PM
Who are these "people" you Hawk fans speak of? The Atlanta Hawks are such a shit franchise nobody even mentions them in a negative light...we are just apathetic. You Hawk fans have such a huge chip on your shoulder...it's quite amusing.

Shush, your team is irrelevant.

atljonesbro
12-17-2014, 09:27 PM
The entire forum? You can pretend like no one cares but I constantly see posts bashing the hawks so you're lying for whatever reason.

People seriously are mad the hawks are for real this year lmao.

Wavves
12-17-2014, 09:28 PM
The entire forum? You can pretend like no one cares but I constantly see posts bashing the hawks so you're lying for whatever reason.

Literally the only people who comment on the Hawks and bash them are when you and Richesly post ridiculous things about the Hawks saying things like they are better than Toronto when they lost against them and that Teague is better than John Wall.

Smoke117
12-17-2014, 09:35 PM

:whatever: The Hawks might not even be better than the 8th best team in the west, but they are for real? :oldlol: Good luck with that.

Kblaze8855
12-17-2014, 09:37 PM
Dude is delusional. Ive not said a word about the Hawks this season. Literally. Not one. I just checked to confirm.

The hawks arent a team people have much to say about. Just the usual fan acting like everyone hates them. That isnt a hawks fan thing though. Everyone does that for some reason. Persecution complex.

Cavs, Laker, 76er, and Knick fans are the only fans getting enough hate to mention. The rest is just usual nba discussion.

Teams that have emotions high get hated on...the Hawks dont do that. THe Hawks are an nba afterthought until they do something to change that.

And no....beating the Cavs wont be that, As I said...a reputation for excellence and the respect that comes with it...it takes years.

This team has the pieces to do that over time.

But nobody is gonna jump the gun and assume the Hawks are about to be something to worry about. Same with the Wizards...and Raptors...who both have better records.

It takes time.

atljonesbro
12-17-2014, 09:46 PM
Dude is delusional. Ive not said a word about the Hawks this season. Literally. Not one. I just checked to confirm.

The hawks arent a team people have much to say about. Just the usual fan acting like everyone hates them. That isnt a hawks fan thing though. Everyone does that for some reason. Persecution complex.

Cavs, Laker, 76er, and Knick fans are the only fans getting enough hate to mention. The rest is just usual nba discussion.

Teams that have emotions high get hated on...the Hawks dont do that. THe Hawks are an nba afterthought until they do something to change that.

And no....beating the Cavs wont be that, As I said...a reputation for excellence and the respect that comes with it...it takes years.

This team has the pieces to do that over time.

But nobody is gonna jump the gun and assume the Hawks are about to be something to worry about. Same with the Wizards...and Raptors...who both have better records.

It takes time.
Blah blah blah. People just can't admit the hawks are a great team. It's more of an issue with people like yourself who can't admit you're wrong.

Wavves
12-17-2014, 09:49 PM
Blah blah blah. People just can't admit the hawks are a great team. It's more of an issue with people like yourself who can't admit you're wrong.
Most people on this forum that I have seen have said the Hawks are a good team, which is all they are. A good team. They are not better than the Raptors and the Wizards. And I don't particularly think they are great teams either.

You can think that they are a contender. Go ahead and have belief in your team. But stop forcing your opinion onto us when we have already said that we disagree.

atljonesbro
12-17-2014, 09:52 PM
Most people on this forum that I have seen have said the Hawks are a good team, which is all they are. A good team. They are not better than the Raptors and the Wizards. And I don't particularly think they are great teams either.

You can think that they are a contender. Go ahead and have belief in your team. But stop forcing your opinion onto us when we have already said that we disagree.
If the hawks aren't a contender than then the cavaliers, bulls, and wizards absolutely aren't either.

Wavves
12-17-2014, 09:55 PM
If the hawks aren't a contender than then the cavaliers, bulls, and wizards absolutely aren't either.
I don't understand your logic at all.

Why do you not think that they are contenders? I'd love to know you reasoning.

Dr. Ice
12-17-2014, 09:56 PM
I should have bookmarked the thread where half of the posters predicted we would either be the 8th seed or out of the playoffs this year, because it's honestly blowing my mind that people in these threads have the nerve to say that they werent completely dismissing/criticizing the hawks before and during the season.

Way too much revisionist history going on.

atljonesbro
12-17-2014, 10:00 PM

Because the hawks have beat all 3 comfortably head to head, the hawks are 18-7, the wizards only half a game up on the hawks, the cas 14-10, and bulls 15-9. How about some consistency and not just seeing a teams name and assuming they're contenders.

PJR
12-17-2014, 10:03 PM
Yall atlanta dudes got some serious inferiority complex. Just enjoy your little hot start to the season, and stop worrying about what other people think of your team. Nobody really cares enough about the Hawks to hate on them.

Wavves
12-17-2014, 10:05 PM
Because the hawks have beat all 3 comfortably head to head, the hawks are 18-7, the wizards only half a game up on the hawks, the cas 14-10, and bulls 15-9. How about some consistency and not just seeing a teams name and assuming they're contenders.
How am I assuming they are contenders by team name only? You're literally doing exactly what you are accusing me of. You just see the Hawks with a better record than these teams and assume that you are a better team because of it.

I have seen the Bulls play this season with Rose looking good, Pau killing it, Butler improved, Noah still Noah and Taj Gibson beasting. You have only looked at their record and concluded that they are not a contender. If you have watched them play, they are a contender.

The Cavs were always going to get off to a slow start. EVERYBODY knew that. Just like the Heat did in 2011. They will and will always be a contender so long as Lebron James is on that roster.

Hotlantadude81
12-17-2014, 10:06 PM

The Wizards haven't proved that they're contenders. Bulls neither. They can't be looked at as contenders until Rose proves he can stay on the court.

hawksdogsbraves
12-17-2014, 10:08 PM
The Wizards haven't proved that they're contenders. Bulls neither. They can't be looked at as contenders until Rose proves he can stay on the court.

Neither have the Raptors for that matter. A hot start following a first round playoff loss does not a contender make.

sportsfan76
12-17-2014, 10:09 PM
who the hell plays for the hawks? I see they beat the cavs by like 30 lol

atljonesbro
12-17-2014, 10:10 PM
How am I assuming they are contenders by team name only? You're literally doing exactly what you are accusing me of. You just see the Hawks with a better record than these teams and assume that you are a better team because of it.

I have seen the Bulls play this season with Rose looking good, Pau killing it, Butler improved, Noah still Noah and Taj Gibson beasting. You have only looked at their record and concluded that they are not a contender. If you have watched them play, they are a contender.

The Cavs were always going to get off to a slow start. EVERYBODY knew that. Just like the Heat did in 2011. They will and will always be a contender so long as Lebron James is on that roster.
The Hawks are playing better than all of those teams. The only team in the East better than the Hawks right now is the Raptors.

Wavves
12-17-2014, 10:11 PM
The Bulls have been contenders in the East for a long time now, with and without Rose. In 2013 they made the Conference Semifinals without Rose and was the 4th seed without him in 2014.

The Wizards aren't a contender, I agree with you there. But I feel as if they are better than the Hawks. That is going from what I have seen last season, especially in the playoffs and so far this season.

Wavves
12-17-2014, 10:12 PM
The Hawks are playing better than all of those teams. The only team in the East better than the Hawks right now is the Raptors.
Right now maybe, but in the long run, no.

Why make or support threads that your team is better than the Raptors then if you are going to backtrack now?

hawksdogsbraves
12-17-2014, 10:16 PM
The Bulls have been contenders in the East for a long time now, with and without Rose. In 2013 they made the Conference Semifinals without Rose and was the 4th seed without him in 2014.

The Wizards aren't a contender, I agree with you there. But I feel as if they are better than the Hawks. That is going from what I have seen last season, especially in the playoffs and so far this season.

I wouldn't call the Hawks a real 'contender' yet either, let us earn that moniker.

I don't think there's much argument for the Wiz being better than us though. We've played nearly identical schedules, (they have a W vs the Clippers which sets them slightly ahead) but we beat them head to head and our point differential is a full point and a half better. They have the 'superstar' PG in John Wall which probably gets them more attention.

I wouldn't mind playing them in the playoffs though, I think Bud would coach circles around Randy Wittman.

I think he'll coach circles around any coach in the East with the exception of Thibs to be honest.

atljonesbro
12-17-2014, 10:16 PM
Right now maybe, but in the long run, no.

Why make or support threads that your team is better than the Raptors then if you are going to backtrack now?
I never made that thread. The only thing I even posted in that thread was the Hawks win 8 straight and the irrational haters will keep hating.

Kblaze8855
12-17-2014, 10:17 PM

Wasnt me making an ass of myself predicting absurd bullshit like

*in 2013*

As a Hawks Fan I Fear No Team
I believe we can beat any team in the league in a 7 game series. I feel like this team will shock a lot of people come playoff time.

and:

*2014*

Hawks in 5. We always play well vs Indiana. Hawks will make a run, they are underestimated

and

The Atlanta Hawks Will Be the 2014 NBA Champions
Count on it.

You really are one of the most delusional, obnoxious, off putting, and worst fans on this board....which is saying something.

Keep your low standards. I dont suppose you have ever seen your team do anything that would raise them.

Not that you are really even considering basketball when you make your laughable posts. As you said once when your epic idiocy was pointed out:

realists are boring and lame I'd rather roll with that homer life and actually have hope in my team every year than watch every game being a negative nancy like yourself and enjoy it much less.

Meaning....you know you are an unrealistic ass online making predictions that defy logic...just because being honest is "boring and lame".

Meaning you are pretty much a textbook "troll".

What adults get out of trolling online I dont see...but im kinda glad I dont.

I wouldnt want to muddy my mind with an understanding of your type.

BuffaloBill
12-17-2014, 10:18 PM
The Hawks still haven't beaten anyone good

Wavves
12-17-2014, 10:18 PM
I wouldn't call the Hawks a real 'contender' yet either, let us earn that moniker.

I don't think there's much argument for the Wiz being better than us though. We've played nearly identical schedules, (they have a W vs the Clippers which sets them slightly ahead) but we beat them head to head and our point differential is a full point and a half better. They have the 'superstar' PG in John Wall which probably gets them more attention.

I wouldn't mind playing them in the playoffs though, I think Bud would coach circles around Randy Wittman.

I think he'll coach circles around any coach in the East with the exception of Thibs to be honest.
Good post.

I'd love to see a playoff series with these two as well. They're very close in terms of who is better and are in the same tier.

Wavves
12-17-2014, 10:19 PM
I never made that thread. The only thing I even posted in that thread was the Hawks win 8 straight and the irrational haters will keep hating.
That's the mindset which makes people 'hate'.

The world isn't against you or your Hawks.

Hotlantadude81
12-17-2014, 10:19 PM
:whatever: The Hawks might not even be better than the 8th best team in the west, but they are for real? :oldlol: Good luck with that.

The Suns are dropping one game after another. I wouldn't call them impressive at this stage. But if you count the Thunder as the 8th seed you would have a point.

atljonesbro
12-17-2014, 10:20 PM
Wasnt me making an ass of myself predicting absurd bullshit like

*in 2013*

and:

*2014*

and

You really are one of the most delusional, obnoxious, off putting, and worst fans on this board....which is saying something.

Keep your low standards. I dont suppose you have ever seen your team do anything that would raise them.

Not that you are really even considering basketball when you make your laughable posts. As you said once when your epic idiocy was pointed out:

Meaning....you know you are an unrealistic ass online making predictions that defy logic...just because being honest is "boring and lame".

Meaning you are pretty much a textbook "troll".

What adults get out of trolling online I dont see...but im kinda glad I dont.

I wouldnt want to muddy my mind with an understanding of your type.
Damn you really went back that far? If you're really that he'll bent on being right, then go ahead lmao. I'm not afraid to admit I was wrong about what I said unlike you.

tontoz
12-17-2014, 10:22 PM
Dam the Cavs just got destroyed by Shelvin Mack lol.

Kblaze8855
12-17-2014, 10:31 PM
Unlike you...when I said you said something its true. Ive not said a word about the Hawks since you spazzed out and claimed the refs stole a Hawks win vs the Spurs.

And all ive said about the Hawks all my life...has become true.

I moved to the south in 1992 after many trips in the 80s. Ive had hawk fans acting like they were about to be major all my life.

If ive ever clowned the Hawks...they ended up proving me right. The team has not really mattered since Bob Pettit. If someone hated on the Hawks saying "Im not worried about them" every year...they would be on a 56 year correct streak.

Ive never been wrong about the Hawks. Not when they had Nique...or Smitty and Mutombo....or JJ/Josh.

The Hawks have never shown me a team to take serious...and ive been right about that assumption since it first came up arguing with my cousins in Augusta Georgia in like 1988.

Ive yet to predict what this team will do. So as usual your claim is based on nothing but being a trolling homer.

I dont talk out my ass. I make statements when ive evaluated the situation and feel confident. Nothing the Hawks have done has made me confident they will do anything of note.

But they have not shown me they are to be ignored either. When I make that call...ill let you know. Im sure you will have just made a shitty topic about a win good teams dont make a big deal out of...so ill come in there and let you know of my decision.

Mr. I'm So Rad
12-17-2014, 10:38 PM
Gotdamn kblaze has everyone's posts archived.

hawksdogsbraves
12-17-2014, 10:42 PM
Gotdamn kblaze has everyone's posts archived.

You don't tug on Superman's cape. You don't get drunk in a maze. You don't pull the mask off that old Lone Ranger and you don't pick an ISH fight with KBlaze.

atljonesbro
12-17-2014, 10:42 PM
Unlike you...when I said you said something its true. Ive not said a word about the Hawks since you spazzed out and claimed the refs stole a Hawks win vs the Spurs.

I moved to the south in 1992 after many trips in the 80s. Ive had hawk fans acting like they were about to be major all my life.

If ive ever clowned the Hawks...they ended up proving me right. The team has not really mattered since Bob Pettit. If someone hated on the Hawks saying "Im not worried about them" every year...they would be on a 56 year correct streak.

Ive never been wrong about the Hawks. Not when they had Nique...or Smitty and Mutombo....or JJ/Josh.

The Hawks have never shown me a team to take serious...and ive been right about that assumption since it first came up arguing with my cousins in Augusta Georgia in like 1988.

Ive yet to predict what this team will do. So as usual your claim is based on nothing but being a trolling homer.

I dont talk out my ass. I make statements when ive evaluated the situation and feel confident. Nothing the Hawks have done has made me confident they will do anything of note.

But they have not shown me they are to be ignored either. When I make that call...ill let you know. Im sure you will have just made a shitty topic about a win good teams dont make a big deal out of...so ill come in there and let you know of my decision.
And what does all that have to do with this team this year? Nothing. Different team, different year. I don't understand the logic, "Well their team in 1986 and in 2009 weren't contenders, therefore this team isn't". Makes zero sense at all considering they are completely different teams.

sbw19
12-17-2014, 10:51 PM
Horford's health is the key difference this season. He's healthy, this Hawks team can be a contender in the East. They're doing real well so far. Caveat? Played most conference games of any team (20 out of 25)

Kblaze8855
12-17-2014, 10:54 PM
Those teams have nothing to do with this year. I assumed it must have been a past team you accused me of being wrong about...unless you have any evidence ive predicted the Hawks to be a poor team this year.

Not that im working off the assumption your words are the least bit vetted by your brain before they make their way to the screen.

As I said...you have a persecution complex which is common among fans with low standards. So your claim that im wrong...isnt based on anything I said about this team. Its based on you being a clown talking out his ass making up points when he doesnt have reality to fall back on.

There are rational Hawk fans here. A couple in this topic. But you...are an embarrassment. To put it mildly.

Hawks gonna win the ****ing title last year.......

Hotlantadude81
12-17-2014, 10:56 PM

It's always been like this... You take out the 99-2006 period and the Hawks are basically a playoff team that can't get past the 2nd round. It appears that this will continue for the time being.

hawksdogsbraves
12-17-2014, 10:57 PM
Horford's health is the key difference this season. He's healthy, this Hawks team can be a contender in the East. They're doing real well so far. Caveat? Played most conference games of any team (20 out of 25)

Got the Mavs, Rockets, and Clippers in our next three. Expect Hawks fans to either get a little quieter or make this place hell on earth over the next week.

atljonesbro
12-17-2014, 11:01 PM
Those teams have nothing to do with this year. I assumed it must have been a past team you accused me of being wrong about...unless you have any evidence ive predicted the Hawks to be a poor team this year.

Not that im working off the assumption your words are the least bit vetted by your brain before they make their way to the screen.

As I said...you have a persecution complex which is common among fans with low standards. So your claim that im wrong...isnt based on anything I said about this team. Its based on you being a clown talking out his ass making up points when he doesnt have reality to fall back on.

There are rational Hawk fans here. A couple in this topic. But you...are an embarrassment. To put it mildly.

Hawks gonna win the ****ing title last year.......
I actually have their record to fall back on. 3rd best currently in the East and the team half a game ahead of the Hawks got beaten by them comfortably. Seems pretty rational to me. I'll just say this again, if the Hawks aren't a contender because they haven't proven anything then their isn't a single contender in the East because none of them have proven anything.

sbw19
12-17-2014, 11:11 PM
Got the Mavs, Rockets, and Clippers in our next three. Expect Hawks fans to either get a little quieter or make this place hell on earth over the next week.
Naturally. The main reason why I believe this Hawks team has potential is the pairing of Horford and Millsap. Tonight's game is but an example of how good the Hawks can look (even with Teague out) with these two commanding the front-line.

Hotlantadude81
12-17-2014, 11:12 PM
I actually have their record to fall back on. 3rd best currently in the East and the team half a game ahead of the Hawks got beaten by them comfortably. Seems pretty rational to me. I'll just say this again, if the Hawks aren't a contender because they haven't proven anything then their isn't a single contender in the East because none of them have proven anything.

I agree with this. Maybe Cleveland will turn into that team, but maybe not. Nobody outside of Lebron on that team has won anything.

hawksdogsbraves
12-17-2014, 11:13 PM
Naturally. The main reason why I believe this Hawks team has potential is the pairing of Horford and Millsap. Tonight's game is but an example of how good the Hawks can look (even with Teague out) with these two commanding the front-line.

Eh, we match up well with their front line because it's relatively undersized and weak defensively. Big front lines give us absolute fits.

Kind of scared of what the Clippers might do to us.

Hotlantadude81
12-17-2014, 11:28 PM
Eh, we match up well with their front line because it's relatively undersized and weak defensively. Big front lines give us absolute fits.

The Hawks play the Clippers pretty well I think. They split meatings with them last year I think.

Kblaze8855
12-17-2014, 11:35 PM

I say:

So your claim that im wrong...isnt based on anything I said about this team. Its based on you being a clown talking out his ass making up points when he doesnt have reality to fall back on.

You go with....you have their record to fall back on? How would their record make me wrong when ive not made any prediction on what it would be?

Not only are you a troll you cant even stick to an issue.

Enjoy the 6th or 7th best record in the NBA in December. Make it out to be big deal. Thats what the kinda guy who thinks a 42 win east team could beat the Spurs, Thunder, and Big 3 Heat in a 7 game series might conclude.

But once you said being realistic is boring...I probably should have placed you on my internal "pay no mind" list for all time anyway. For not doing that...I was wrong. And I continue to compound it by responding to you like you arent a know nothing cheerleader who has probably incorrectly predicted Hawks glory for 10-15 years been wrong every time and still act like you should be a trusted judge of anything.

In the future ill just remember these words when I see you make an idiotic post:

realists are boring and lame I'd rather roll with that homer life

And know you are just being a dick online because being genuine is boring.

Im at peace with it at this point. Its easier to wrap my head around someone being a biased cheerleader than being so stupid yet able to operate a computer.

Keep up the bullshitting all you like.

sbw19
12-17-2014, 11:41 PM

They're still a better duo than what a lot of Eastern teams have, and make spacing and ball movement that much better. Remains to be seen how long they can sustain their current success.

Hotlantadude81
12-17-2014, 11:46 PM
I say:

You go with....you have their record to fall back on? How would their record make me wrong when ive not made any prediction on what it would be?

Not only are you a troll you cant even stick to an issue.

Enjoy the 6th or 7th best record in the NBA in December. Make it out to be big deal. Thats what the kinda guy who thinks a 42 win east team could beat the Spurs, Thunder, and Big 3 Heat in a 7 game series might conclude.

But once you said being realistic is boring...I probably should have placed you on my internal "pay no mind" list for all time anyway. For not doing that...I was wrong. And I continue to compound it by responding to you like you arent a know nothing cheerleader who has probably incorrectly predicted Hawks glory for 10-15 years been wrong every time and still act like you should be a trusted judge of anything.

In the future ill just remember these words when I see you make an idiotic post:

And know you are just being a dick online because being genuine is boring.

Im at peace with it at this point. Its easier to wrap my head around someone being a biased cheerleader than being so stupid yet able to operate a computer.

Keep up the bullshitting all you like.

42 wins is a bit off.. It will be 45-48 as long as they remain fairly healthy.

Kblaze8855
12-17-2014, 11:48 PM
He was talking about the 2013 Hawks as a team that could win it all....which is what I was referencing.

This years team should win 50 games.

Legends66NBA7
12-17-2014, 11:59 PM
He was talking about the 2013 Hawks as a team that could win it all....which is what I was referencing.

You think a East team can win 60+ games this season ?

Hotlantadude81
12-18-2014, 12:38 AM

Oh, sorry.