PDA

View Full Version : Rajon Rondo Traded to Mavericks for Brandan Wright, Jameer Nelson, Jae Crowder, picks

Pages : [1] 2

DMAVS41
12-18-2014, 12:19 AM
Celtics trade Rajon Rondo to Mavericks (http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=16973)

Done deal. Full trade details in link above.

stalkerforlife
12-18-2014, 12:20 AM
If Mavs pull that off, Cuban is on Mt. Rushmore.

DMAVS41
Not sure what the hell we would do for our backup pf and c, but we definitely get better with this move. Assuming Rondo gets back to playing real defense...exactly what we need.

navy
Marc Stein is legit. Only post facts, even moreso than Woj.

Dont follow any of these teams. Who likes it?

Fudge
12-18-2014, 12:21 AM
Lol @ "blossoming Center"

Pure robbery if this happens. :oldlol:

Cocaine80s
12-18-2014, 12:22 AM
Mavs 2015 Champs if this happens

JohnFreeman
Great fit

outbreak
More would have to be involved you'd think. Good move for Rondo though, Mavs are where I wanted to see him land.

Im Still Ballin
Obviously the Mavs need defense

What sort of defense do they need?

Budadiiii
12-18-2014, 12:23 AM
Yeah, let's make the west even more stacked. Sounds good.

DMAVS41
12-18-2014, 12:23 AM
More would have to be involved you'd think. Good move for Rondo though, Mavs are where I wanted to see him land.

Wright has an expiring contract. Stein said at least 1 first....so that means perhaps another pick and maybe another player.

DMAVS41
12-18-2014, 12:24 AM
Obviously the Mavs need defense

What sort of defense do they need?

PG defense by far the most.

But this makes us so thin up front. Would have to find another guy other than Greg Smith and giving Aminu more burn at small 4.

Im Still Ballin
12-18-2014, 12:24 AM
DMAVS

what exactly does Rondo do for this team?

And what do they need?

Im Still Ballin
12-18-2014, 12:25 AM
PG defense by far the most.
And how would Rondo fit into the offense?

Is it a good fit?

imnew09
12-18-2014, 12:26 AM
Yall got Nelson Barea Ellis and Harris

Stop being so fken greedy !!!

DMAVS41
12-18-2014, 12:28 AM

Is it a good fit?

Well, it's not ideal offensively because of his lack of shooting, but he'd have a ton of space to work and set up Ellis, Chandler, Dirk, and Parsons....

It definitely makes us better. Considerably at guard defense....and our offense will be as good or better....especially in the playoffs.

outbreak
12-18-2014, 12:30 AM
Well, it's not ideal offensively because of his lack of shooting, but he'd have a ton of space to work and set up Ellis, Chandler, Dirk, and Parsons....

It definitely makes us better. Considerably at guard defense....and our offense will be as good or better....especially in the playoffs.

It makes you a lot better. They have plenty of spacing to begin with and Rondo isn't a total liability on offence, he can get to the rim and score when needed to play that role as he has shown through out his career in play off games when Boston have struggled to get going. He's also one of the few players in the league who can change the pace of games even if he isn't scoring all the points. This still isn't confirmed though is it?

DMAVS41
12-18-2014, 12:31 AM
It makes you a lot better. They have plenty of spacing to begin with and Rondo isn't a total liability on offence, he can get to the rim and score when needed to play that role as he has shown through out his career in play off games when Boston have struggled to get going. He's also one of the few players in the league who can change the pace of games even if he isn't scoring all the points. This still isn't confirmed though is it?

Not even close to confirmed.

Im Still Ballin
12-18-2014, 12:34 AM
Imagine the lobs to Chandler

goldcrow
12-18-2014, 12:35 AM
Holy sh*t make it happen Cuban. We got an excess of PGs then, we can properly dispose of nelson and felton for a bench C.

GOBB
12-18-2014, 12:35 AM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 3m3 minutes ago
Story going online details Celtics/Mavs talks in which Boston would get at least one first and blossoming center Brandan Wright for Rondo

Blossoming? :roll: Jesus Christ I'm in tears.

hawksdogsbraves
12-18-2014, 12:49 AM
I love the idea of Rondo on the Mavs but I just don't see how they have the pieces to make it work.

Brandan Wright is a 27 year old career backup on the last year of his contract. He's playing well but what does a rebuilding Celtics team want with him?

They'd basically be giving up Rondo for like the 27th pick in the draft. Seems like they could pretty easily to better than that.

bluechox2
12-18-2014, 12:49 AM
lol espn sucking wrights nuts real hard at trying to think they can fool the celtics into believing a load of crap, a case of lebronitis

outbreak
12-18-2014, 12:51 AM
I love the idea of Rondo on the Mavs but I just don't see how they have the pieces to make it work.

Brandan Wright is a 27 year old career backup on the last year of his contract. He's playing well but what does a rebuilding Celtics team want with him?

They'd basically be giving up Rondo for like the 27th pick in the draft. Seems like they could pretty easily to better than that.

Maybe Dallas is taking on some of Bostons larger contracts. Do Dallas own anyone elses first rounders that may be valuable?

GOBB
12-18-2014, 12:53 AM
Maybe Dallas is taking on some of Bostons larger contracts. Do Dallas own anyone elses first rounders that may be valuable?

Only large contract they have is Gerald Wallace, he has one more year after this for $10mil. Rest expiring deals.

hawksdogsbraves
12-18-2014, 12:54 AM

I don't think so... They'd definitely have to give up 2 first rounders along with Wright and somebody else to make the salaries match up. It just seems like the Celtics will get a better offer from somebody.

BurningHammer
12-18-2014, 12:57 AM
Wright has been very consistent for 2 seasons with the Mavs now. I hope he will do well elsewhere.

navy
12-18-2014, 12:58 AM
lol espn sucking wrights nuts real hard at trying to think they can fool the celtics into believing a load of crap, a case of lebronitis
ESPN doesnt make trades....

Derka
12-18-2014, 12:59 AM
lmao, blossoming. Wright's 27 and he's a career back-up. Might as well give Rondo away for nothing.

ballup
12-18-2014, 01:02 AM
That package of Wright + Felton sure looks enticing. :rolleyes:

fpliii
12-18-2014, 01:03 AM
Great trade IMO. They can afford a non-shooter with Dirk on the floor, and improve their defense. Would also take the ball out of Monta's hands more often since Rondo is so ball-dominant.

I think if this goes down, they're the second best roster on paper after SA. Definitely think it would get them to the WCF.

JimmyMcAdocious
12-18-2014, 01:03 AM
In Wright's defense, the last couple seasons were his only somewhat healthy seasons of his entire career. In a way, blossoming isn't an inaccurate adjective as you can finally see what he is capable of when not hampered by injuries. Not the diction I would use tho.

Who else is after Rondo?

navy
12-18-2014, 01:05 AM
Great trade IMO. They can afford a non-shooter with Dirk on the floor, and improve their defense. Would also take the ball out of Monta's hands more often since Rondo is so ball-dominant.

I think if this goes down, they're the second best roster on paper after SA. Definitely think it would get them to the WCF.
:biggums:

fpliii
12-18-2014, 01:10 AM
Who else?

Cleveland and OKC are both terrific, but both teams are still driven by two players (Love/LeBron WB/KD). SA and Dallas (post trade) are deep as hell.

Maybe the Clippers? idk

Eric Cartman
12-18-2014, 01:11 AM
Looking at it from a boston perspective, the Bucks could offer a nice package with sanders and knight involved.

Also, Detroit could trade smith and jennings, and this years first rounder for him. Passing those 2 chuckers to a conference foe.

The lakers could offer Randle, Hill and Young.

Houston could offer Beverly, Montejuinas?, and a 1st.

OG LeeTSkeeT
12-18-2014, 01:12 AM
Mav's would be stacked as hell. Dish out to Parsons and Dirk, slashing Ellis, and lobs to Chandler.

sfballa13
12-18-2014, 01:16 AM
I think people are underestimating Wright's role in Dallas

He is putting up 9 pts / 4 rebounds on 75% FG in under 20 minutes

Where are they going to find that kind of production?

Also the only trade that really works is Nelson/Harris, Felton, Wright for Rondo

What is Dallas' 1st rounder going to be around 15-20th overall

So Boston gets a late 1st for Rajon Rondo? lmfao highway robbery by Cuban if it's the case

JimmyMcAdocious
12-18-2014, 01:20 AM
Who else?

Cleveland and OKC are both terrific, but both teams are still driven by two players (Love/LeBron WB/KD). SA and Dallas (post trade) are deep as hell.

Maybe the Clippers? idk

Portland and GS.

fpliii
12-18-2014, 01:23 AM
Portland and GS.
GS is if Bogut is healthy, and Iggy figures a role out (or else he's a waste). They should move Lee while he still has value IMO.

Portland, maybe. I think SA/Dallas (post trade) are both clearly better though.

dazzer87
12-18-2014, 01:24 AM
If this happen...

http://media.giphy.com/media/nqRJTIwsBftG8/giphy.gif

Random_Guy
12-18-2014, 01:26 AM
wtf we can got rondo for more lol. but as a celtic homer, if trading rondo is inevitable then i would like to see him go to dallas, he is the perfect pg for a team with a lot of good shooters. damn the pick and pop with nowitizki :eek:

Droid101
12-18-2014, 01:29 AM
"Blossoming center" LOLOL

Mr. Jabbar
12-18-2014, 01:30 AM
If this happen...

http://media.giphy.com/media/nqRJTIwsBftG8/giphy.gif

that

LoneyROY7
12-18-2014, 01:31 AM
Damn, that's a perfect fit at PG for the Mavs.

I don't want to see that. :lol

Kevin_Garnett_5
12-18-2014, 01:33 AM
The Celtics already have enough jump shooting bigs who aren't suited for the center position. Don't see what Brandan Wright adds to the team.

masonanddixon
12-18-2014, 01:42 AM
This move makes no sense.

Cone
12-18-2014, 01:49 AM

You act like Monta having the ball is bad. Its not like he is MIL Monta anymore :confusedshrug:

SCdac
12-18-2014, 01:52 AM
idk why but I get this feeling that Dirk and hard-headed Rondo wouldn't vibe personality-wise. He knew Kidd on a personal level and Calderon seemed relatively high IQ. Assuming they did vibe though, Mavs would be even better. Feel like they'd be better suited with a PG who's got a better jumper though. Never stopped Celtics from being great but that was them

SugarHill
12-18-2014, 01:53 AM
Lol @ "blossoming Center"

Pure robbery if this happens. :oldlol:
:cheers:

lol'd

COnDEMnED
12-18-2014, 01:59 AM
I'd like Dirk to win more, this potentially sends Houston home in the first round, and Lebron wont win against either the Mavs or Spurs. Win/Win/Win. I'd like to see Dirk with another ring.

Myth
12-18-2014, 02:02 AM

Is it a good fit?

Seems great to me. Upgrade the D, and you got the perfect person to dish to Ellis, Parsons, and Dirk.

rezznor
12-18-2014, 03:05 AM
this would be great for the mavs. hope it doesnt happen

Pushxx
12-18-2014, 03:09 AM
Don't see why the Celtics trade with Dallas. They can get better talent and picks back from another team for Rondo, especially later.

nerds
12-18-2014, 03:10 AM
Are they freakin serious?

After years of rumors the best DA can snag is wright, filler and a 1st for Rondo?

BS

Look for a Celtics media release swatting this BS rumor away

Rondo is a beast

C's are a legit big away from making some noise!

Milbuck
12-18-2014, 03:12 AM
Wait this isn't a joke?

Brandan Wright, a future 1st and filler for Rondo? What the ****?

pastis
12-18-2014, 03:17 AM
Oh my god, the overrating of Rajon Rondo needs to stop. I am a die-hard Celtics fan and I have no problem admitting that Rajon Rondo is the most overrated player in the NBA right now. Well, maybe 2nd behind Kobe, everybody thinks he's doing great this year, even though he's the worst defensive shooting guard in the NBA, and is shooting extremely inefficiently. But anyways, that's besides the point.

Rajon Rondo is a point guard, who cannot shoot to save his life. He is shooting THIRTY-THREE percent from the free throw line this year. His field goal percentage is LESS than 40! Rondo has also been ATROCIOUS defensively this year, with by far the worst Keep In Front % among PGs at 23.4%, worse than the butt of all jokes, Kyrie Irving. Those are 2 of the most fundamental skills in basketball, being able to shoot, and keep your man in front of you defensively and Rondo blows at both. He's also nervous at driving to the hoop anymore because of his putrid free throw shooting, and thus hurts the offensive spacing on the floor because he also can't shoot.

Rondo is massively overrated by the mass public, and by us Celtics fans in particular, because we have selective memory when it comes to him. We all remember the Rondo from the past, playoff Rondo, national TV Rondo, but Rondo isn't that guy anymore. Not after his ACL injury. It's been almost 60 games now, and Rondo isn't even close to being the player he was before. Not only that, he's almost certain to leave at the end of the year, so his value is even lower.

The Dallas Mavericks already have a historically great offense, even with their point guard issues, and Rondo does absolutely NOTHING to help their horrendous perimeter defense. Also, Rondo and Monta Ellis is a terrible backcourt pairing because neither one can shoot very well, both are particularly terrible from 3. This trade honestly makes no sense for the Mavericks, but hey, if they give up Wright, who is the most UNDERRATED player in the NBA + a future first-round pick, then I am down.

from /r/bostonceltics

bdreason
12-18-2014, 03:28 AM
That's exactly what the Western Conference needs... another all-star caliber PG. :rant

keep-itreal
12-18-2014, 03:58 AM
Rondo can't shoot.

Giving up a solid big man for a point guard who can't shoot is a bad move

Nowitness
12-18-2014, 03:59 AM
Dirk for Rondo would benefit Dallas more than Wright right now tbh.

pastis
12-18-2014, 04:20 AM
Dirk for Rondo would benefit Dallas more than Wright right now tbh.

goat troll gonna goat troll?

matter of fact: this team goes as far as Dirk takes them. seriously are you watching mavs games?

Ellis can only keep up his above average shooting numbers when Dirk is on the floor.
all offensive plays start with Dirk drawing the double team
and Dirk keeps his performance at high level no matter the unit he plays with (unlike Ellis)

and here are the stats:
according to NBA.com definition of clutch (last 5 minutes, 5 points or less diff.) our players stack up (Player impact rating) like this:
- Dirk 22.8
- Ellis 19.7
- Parsons 7.5

creepingdeath
12-18-2014, 05:02 AM
Great move if the Mavs gave up Ellis instead of Wright... or if Ellis accepted a less ball-dominant role. Problem is that neither Rondo nor Ellis are good shooters, and that Rondo hasn't been playing good D in quite some time.

masonanddixon
12-18-2014, 06:58 AM
Great move if the Mavs gave up Ellis instead of Wright... or if Ellis accepted a less ball-dominant role. Problem is that neither Rondo nor Ellis are good shooters, and that Rondo hasn't been playing good D in quite some time.

Monta>>>>Rondo.

Monta has won like 80% of the games for Dallas and has easily been its best player.

T_L_P
12-18-2014, 06:59 AM

andremiller07
12-18-2014, 07:34 AM
What's rondo actually done lately that people think he's worth so much dude is basically Ricky Rubio in the eastern conference with even worse shooting percentages

CeltsGarlic
12-18-2014, 07:40 AM
What's rondo actually done lately that people think he's worth so much dude is basically Ricky Rubio in the eastern conference with even worse shooting percentages

Yeah, try to imagine Rubio going for 44-8-10 against future champs in playoffs, and 20 11 7 in 7 game series against them.

Eric Cartman
12-18-2014, 07:41 AM

Even Rubio on this Mavs team would be sick.

andremiller07
12-18-2014, 07:43 AM
Yeah, try to imagine Rubio going for 44-8-10 against future champs in playoffs, and 20 11 7 in 7 game series against them.
I said lately not when he was playing with 3 hof players dude been average at best past two seasons or so

Rolando
12-18-2014, 08:06 AM
Who the hell is Brandan Wright? Screw that. We would need more for Rondo....Lots more.

SwishAndSplash
12-18-2014, 08:42 AM
I said lately not when he was playing with 3 hof players dude been average at best past two seasons or so

rondo has 3 triple doubles so far this season

StephHamann
12-18-2014, 08:44 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pXOMR4JgTE

running that 1 man big man lineup Tyson Chanlder and .... nobody :banana:

UK2K
12-18-2014, 08:46 AM
Mavericks need defense.

They are the 2013-14 version of Houston.

pastis
12-18-2014, 08:49 AM
i would rather take josh smith than rondo. we need fvcking d. rondo cant guard shit.

josh smith, brewer, dominique jones....these guys can play d.

ballup
12-18-2014, 09:05 AM
You mean last season when he was coming off a knee injury?

Whats has he done lately? Oh not much like being the leader in assists despite the dropoff in talent since the Big 3 left.

3peated
12-18-2014, 09:48 AM
i cnat see this trade happening without them moving at least one of the other guards

christian1923
12-18-2014, 09:51 AM
Blasphemy

Rondo is a HOF level playoff performer

fiddy
12-18-2014, 10:00 AM
this alleged trade is joke as reported, not gonna happen. Mavs gotta shell out more assets. Btw can they resign Rondo?

Phenith
12-18-2014, 10:35 AM
He's 28 and still hasn't found his groove after coming back, I think he would fit in well with the Mavs because all the offensive pressure on him will dissipate. He will relish playing with a group of guys who know what they are doing on the court and have their eyes on a chip. If they do this deal, they will need to get Dirk and Parsons shooting a couple more 3s each per game.

Overall, for Boston I would give this deal as presented a C(I'm thinking they can do better) and for Mavs I gotta give it a B+(good but great fit).

UK2K
12-18-2014, 10:43 AM
He's 28 and still hasn't found his groove after coming back, I think he would fit in well with the Mavs because all the offensive pressure on him will dissipate. He will relish playing with a group of guys who know what they are doing on the court and have their eyes on a chip. If they do this deal, they will need to get Dirk and Parsons shooting a couple more 3s each per game.

Overall, for Boston I would give this deal as presented a C(I'm thinking they can do better) and for Mavs I gotta give it a B+(good but great fit).

Imagine rondo hitting Dirk off a screen for the J.

fiddy
12-18-2014, 10:45 AM

I suspect locker room/management issues, i dont think hes motivated playing for the C's.

Optimus Prime
12-18-2014, 10:55 AM
ISH acting like the Mavs are Top 2 in the West after this trade. Completely hating on the Grizzlies, who just beat GS and SA on a back-to-back. Keep it ignorant, ISH. :facepalm

Also, "blossoming" Wright? He's a career backup who can jump high. He's also already 27, and big men just don't magically take a huge leap at that age. But hey, "blossoming" right? :facepalm

Lakers can offer a far better package than this. Boston would be crazy to accept this deal unless it's literally the only one offered. :kobe:

Kudos to the Mavs if they can pull of this highway robbery. Rondo is a definite huge upgrade over the "blossoming" Wright. :rolleyes:

moaz
12-18-2014, 10:56 AM
Who the hell is Brandan Wright? Screw that. We would need more for Rondo....Lots more.

This train has long gone. People has to understand that this trade has little to do with Rondo's qualities. It has more to do with his contract situation. He is a FA next off-season, so Boston is actually just renting him till the end of this season. If he had more years on his contract (and has been playing consistently), maybe a team would offer them better players or young prospects. Right now, no one and I mean no one will offer Boston an All Star caliber player.
As a Dallas fan I would be upset if Dallas offered more than Wright and one 1st pick (no way 2 1st picks). But I'll be happy if they take Felton (and Jameer) as a Christmas gift.

Here is good explanation to the situation form the Boston Herald:
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2014/12/market_down_but_mavericks_make_offer_for_rajon_ron do

moaz
12-18-2014, 10:56 AM
delete double post

Thorpesaurous
12-18-2014, 11:05 AM

This is pretty much what I think.

I'm not sure he fits the all shooting ideology the Mavs seem to be chasing. But pairing an elite pick and roll big like Chandler, Two floor spacing forwards like Parsons and Dirk, and two pick and roll savant types in the Backcourt, like Rondo and Monta, and you can do a ton of cool stuff. Especially with a coach who's that creative.

I do think Rondo is an excellent defender. And while he'll help, he still doesn't help at the forward spots where Dallas needs it most.

And I don't think Wright is such a great asset that the C's wouldn't do the deal with him not in it if the right other assets were included. But I don't know what they'd be.

And I say that under the impression that the C's are at least intrigued by this, not that I'd be that intrigued by it. You're looking at best at a late lottery pick and a back up big for a starting PG who could still potentially be a difference maker. To me you should be able to get more for him. The problem is most of the teams good enough to have and interest in him have a PG. So the market isn't great.

kenny817
12-18-2014, 11:17 AM
Get it done damnit

Bernkastel
12-18-2014, 11:25 AM
Why does the East even exist anymore? Just move whatever team James is on to the West, and then move them back when he leaves. :lol

This would be legit for the Mavs if it does happen.

fiddy
12-18-2014, 11:27 AM
Why does the East even exist anymore? Just move whatever team James is on to the West, and then move them back when he leaves. :lol

This would be legit for the Mavs if it does happen.
Bran is a bitch, he wouldnt survive in the west.

Bernkastel
12-18-2014, 11:35 AM
Bran is a bitch, he wouldnt survive in the west.

James brings the ratings that the Pelicans wouldn't, though.

pastis
12-18-2014, 12:52 PM
mavs would be so stupid.

wright, jae crowder and 1st rounder 2015? wtf?

for a guard who cant play d and shoot for his life?

never!:facepalm :facepalm pls no cuban and donnie

wait, even if we would be so fail to do this trade. could rondo get away for nothing in the summer from the mavs?

Haymaker
12-18-2014, 12:52 PM
I suspect locker room/management issues, i dont think hes motivated playing for the C's.

Coupled with the slow paced rebuild.

Haymaker
12-18-2014, 12:55 PM
mavs would be so stupid.

Wow, you must be very stupid to think Rondo is not worth that. Sure, he's coming off a couple of injuries, but once he regains his form, Rondo is a phenomenal playoffs performer.

pastis
12-18-2014, 12:58 PM
Wow, you must be very stupid to think Rondo is not worth that. Sure, he's coming off a couple of injuries, but once he regains his form, Rondo is a phenomenal playoffs performer.

we need defense, we have enough people making assist. dirk makes, ellis, harris etc. we just need d.

jae crowader is to important for our d. rondo CANT play d, it isnt the 2010 or so rondo anymore.

wait, even if we would be so fail to do this trade. could rondo get away for nothing in the summer from the mavs?

Haymaker
12-18-2014, 01:11 PM
we need defense, we have enough people making assist. dirk makes, ellis, harris etc. we just need d.

jae crowader is to important for our d. rondo CANT play d, it isnt the 2010 or so rondo anymore.

You'd have to trade the whole team to improve the defense. A single player won't change that. Rondo is an improvement over any other PG in the Mavs' roster. Wright and Crowder don't play enough minutes to make a huge impact on defense. Once they get Rondo they should trade Harris/Nelson for better defenders.

StephHamann
12-18-2014, 01:14 PM
mavs would be so stupid.

Wut? Caps not working

more like:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mvcl2o2

moaz
12-18-2014, 02:02 PM
mavs would be so stupid.

I agree with you if Crowder was in, we need him on the bench. Without crowder, I would do it yesterday. Rondo doen't need to be a great shooter, the Mavs have already enough shooters, and I remember him being a good perimeter defender. The only issue I have with him is his FT% of 33.3% so far this season. Teams would go to Hack-a-Rondo tactic late in the game.

bizil
12-18-2014, 04:12 PM
Where is this Rondo can't play D stuff coming from? He's still an elite defensive PG. And he's one of the few top PG's in the world that's a PASS FIRST PG! And he gets seven boards a game at ONLY 6'1!! So Rondo on Dallas to me is a PERFECT FIT! Rondo and Ellis IMMEDIATELY jump to one of the top backcourts in the league. Rondo dropping dimes to Monta, Dirk, and Parsons is a great fit. Rondo is TRULY one of those old school kind PG's that makes everybody better.

navy
12-18-2014, 04:14 PM
Where is this Rondo can't play D stuff coming from? .
Post ACL tear

bizil
12-18-2014, 04:21 PM
Post ACL tear

I know about the ACL. And I understand he's not what he used to be on D. But people are talking like he sucks at D these days. Which isn't the case. And he's still working his way back. And besides the D, he's BETTER than any PG Dallas has now. AND Dirk is in his last years, so Cuban wants to win NOW! Rondo is only 28, so u keep building around Rondo, Ellis, Parsons, and Tyson. Give me a PG getting 11 dimes a night and nearly 8 boards a game! Do u guys realize we are talking about a potential HOF PG in the PRIME OF HIS CAREER??

dazzer87
12-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Lakers offer..............

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/18/report-lakers-offered-steve-nash-draft-picks-for-rondo/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Draft Pick and Nash........:roll: :roll: :roll:

RidonKs
12-18-2014, 04:40 PM
yea it'll take more than brandon wright

houston is still the team with need for a point guard and the most to offer. the question is whether rondo would fit into the starting lineup.

i'm inclined to think he would. in fact he might be exactly what that talented mess of a lineup actually needs. a floor leader not named james harden.

outbreak
12-18-2014, 04:46 PM
I know about the ACL. And I understand he's not what he used to be on D. But people are talking like he sucks at D these days. Which isn't the case. And he's still working his way back. And besides the D, he's BETTER than any PG Dallas has now. AND Dirk is in his last years, so Cuban wants to win NOW! Rondo is only 28, so u keep building around Rondo, Ellis, Parsons, and Tyson. Give me a PG getting 11 dimes a night and nearly 8 boards a game! Do u guys realize we are talking about a potential HOF PG in the PRIME OF HIS CAREER??

Good point there too. If Dirk retires at some point you still have Rondo and Ellis to build around. I'd been keen to see how Ellis adapts to play with Rondo, considering how he changed things up to fit in to Dallas so well in the first place I think they could pair up nicely.

ArbitraryWater
12-18-2014, 04:59 PM
Oh my god.... If this happens, Cuban redeemed himself :bowdown:

StephHamann
12-18-2014, 05:01 PM
Oh my god.... If this happens, Cuban redeemed himself :bowdown:

But giving up Wright and not getting a guy like Brandon Bass alongside Rondo will be terrible.

Tyson and Greg Smith? smh

YouGotServed
12-18-2014, 05:03 PM
He'd be better off with Houston, tbh.

bizil
12-18-2014, 05:21 PM
He'd be better off with Houston, tbh.

Houston would be a great fit! A core of Rondo, Harden, and Howard would be SICK! Howard in particular would benefit playing with Rondo. Howard has never played with a great PG in their prime. Can't count Nash in LA cause he was past his prime. Plus LA was a flat mess at the time anyway.

imnew09
12-18-2014, 05:37 PM
FKEN LAKERS SMFH.

Nash + Picks......... C-mon, just let Celtics pick anyone besides Kobe. Fk randle too. I want Rondoooo

Smook A.
12-18-2014, 06:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/izkpVJV.png

If Boston pulls the trigger, this trade will be a huge robbery. Mavs win by a mile.

ProfessorMurder
12-18-2014, 06:14 PM

If Boston pulls the trigger, this trade will be a huge robbery. Mavs win by a mile.

Yeah Mavs win the trade easily. But if Boston doesn't want Rondo because of Smart and they get a pick and a decent defensive center it's not terrible for them.

Rondo would feast setting up the other four Mavs starters.

Smook A.
Crowder is pretty garbage. The first rounder will be late in the draft, and Brandan Wright is going to be a free agent and gets 18 minutes of action a night. If that’s all it takes, then Rondo really isn’t that special anymore. Not saying he isn't still special, he is, but its just that the Mavs' offer is trash.

Doranku

This makes the Mavs title favorites, imo. Rondo/Ellis/Parsons/Dirk/Chandler? Are you kidding me?

All Net
12-18-2014, 06:15 PM
Imagine this O with Rondo running it..it's already a great scoring team.

ArbitraryWater
12-18-2014, 06:15 PM

That tweet is FRESH AND from WOJ... goddamn pls let it happen

ArbitraryWater
12-18-2014, 06:18 PM
Rondo/Ellis/Parsons/Dirk/Chandler? Are you kidding me?

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/23/23b84d619b238fb9e73d463090df7fa2433943d89158493dcc e584fc8384633e.jpg

DMAVS41
12-18-2014, 06:23 PM
Imagine this O with Rondo running it..it's already a great scoring team.

I actually think the offense, at least in the regular season and for the time being, takes a hit and gets a bit worse.

But, regardless of what some are saying (and some really smart guys are saying it)...I think Rondo's game management, defense (yes...he will be better defensively than Jameer by miles), rebounding, toughness, leadership, and playoff experience will really benefit this team.

I actually don't love Rondo much. Best days are behind him.

However, Crowder is worth nothing to me on this Mavs team....and Wright is the epitome of a regular season player for this Mavs team. He hasn't gotten any better since last year. We are just playing shitty teams in a meaningless regular season with far more offensive firepower and he's benefitting. He still can't guard other big centers and he still gets lost on defense.

He's a good player, but we aren't keeping him next year...so why not move him?

I just don't think the way the Mavs are currently built has any upside at all this year and again...we lose Wright, almost for sure, in free agency.

I'll take Rondo and take my luck adding another big. I wonder if Zeller is in this at all. Would love to squeeze him out of Boston for another 2nd rounder or future considerations.

pastis
12-18-2014, 06:23 PM
like i wrote it earlier... im against this trade with jae crowder part of it...

imnew09
12-18-2014, 06:25 PM
Well, they can have him for now.

Rondo is going to the Lakers next season :cheers:

DMAVS41
12-18-2014, 06:27 PM

Crowder makes no impact on this team either way. He's truly meaningless.

It's essentially Wright for Rondo.

Considering Wright is an 18 minute per game guy that feasts on shit competition and struggles against elite competition...and is a free agent and we know we aren't keeping him.

Why not take a chance on Rondo and see what happens when you surround him with great offensive help and give him Rick Carlisle.

What is the downside? We lose early in the playoffs? Well, guess what...we are doing that with this team regardless.

Now, if there is another trade out there....lets hear about it. But that is a pretty good haul for Wright and a meaningless pick imo.

I'd actually like Avery Bradley way more than Rondo but I doubt the Celtics are looking to move him...they seem to really like him.

DMAVS41
12-18-2014, 06:28 PM
like i wrote it earlier... im against this trade with jae crowder part of it...

Yes...how the well are we going to replace Crowder's subpar 10 minutes a game he gives us.

Real14
12-18-2014, 06:29 PM
Dallas about to super stacked:facepalm

pastis
12-18-2014, 06:32 PM
Yes...how the well are we going to replace Crowder's subpar 10 minutes a game he gives us.

its not about the 10 min on the court. its about the off court as well. dallas team seems having so much fun togehter. rondo...nah dont know...

and who will get chandlers minutes off the bench? and how many guards do we have on the team now?

Smook A.
12-18-2014, 06:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/xl1zrsa.png

Looks like Rondo is going to get traded today or within the next few days. Shits gettin' real.

Real14
12-18-2014, 06:33 PM
Once again Cuban is getting away with sum shit.

brownmamba00
12-18-2014, 06:50 PM
boston gets robbed in that deal.

Smook A.
12-18-2014, 06:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/lrBqt17.png

Tweeted 3 min ago

Batz
12-18-2014, 06:52 PM
Obligatory -->> Is he good? Can Lebron get him?

imnew09
12-18-2014, 06:53 PM
Rondo can walk away in the summer, just like Dwight did. If there's no more good offers, why not just suck it up and take Dallas offer?

Dallas is also taking a risk here, if Rondo walks away, then those picks are gone but I'd definitely risk it, its FKEN RONDO!

Droid101
12-18-2014, 06:53 PM
wtf is this shit.

Lexington Steel
12-18-2014, 06:54 PM
:roll:

Dallas runs away with RAPE and MURDER.

Cocaine80s
12-18-2014, 06:55 PM
Holy shit it seems like its actually gonna happen :biggums:

Mavs are stacked as **** with Rondo

brownmamba00
12-18-2014, 06:56 PM
Rondo can walk away in the summer, just like Dwight did. If there's no more good offers, why not just suck it up and take Dallas offer?

Dallas is also taking a risk here, if Rondo walks away, then those picks are gone but I'd definitely risk it, its FKEN RONDO!
I don't think Rondo walks if he ends up getting traded.

Budadiiii
12-18-2014, 06:57 PM
**** this bullshit.

Rondo is a great fit for the Mavs.

Looks like Dallas is OKC's biggest threat this year.

Smook A.
12-18-2014, 06:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/LskmWlQ.png

Yup, it looks like Rondo will be a Mav tonight. From Green to Blue.

Mr. Jabbar
12-18-2014, 06:58 PM
why mitch why :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Kblaze8855
12-18-2014, 06:59 PM
Why not take a chance on Rondo and see what happens when you surround him with great offensive help and give him Rick Carlisle.

People think this is taking a chance? Like...a risky move?

We gotta stop arguing that random role players no team is excited about should be considered when you are getting a legit star back.

Wright and Crowder?

I would hesitate to take both those guys right now for Aaron Brooks far as how useful they would be on the Bulls.

Its a nothing for something deal.

That said...all signs point to Rondo being a jerk....so maybe he destroys the atmosphere. If thats the concern...fine. Fair enough.

Personality/effort issues like maybe..Rudy Gay on memphis? Only thing to consider in these otherwise slam dunk deals.

Rondo doesnt strike me as an addition by subtraction type. Just...maybe a bit full of himself and demanding of the ball to get his assists.

JohnFreeman
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 4m4 minutes ago

Rajon Rondo and his reps made it clear to Dallas that the All-Star guard would be inclined to sign Mavs extension this summer, sources said.

KBaller33
It's a done deal now. Rondo is a Mav.

bluechox2
Mother of GOD

JohnnySic
12-18-2014, 07:00 PM
That trade sucks. :facepalm

EnoughSaid
12-18-2014, 07:00 PM
Damnnn. Mavericks are so solid now. With the shooting capabilities of Ellis, Parsons and Nowitzki? Rondo is going to have a field day goddamn. Can't wait for the Warriors vs. Mavericks WCFs. Rondo vs. Curry. :bowdown:

Bernkastel
12-18-2014, 07:01 PM
The West stays being better than the East. Damn.

EnoughSaid
Even if Rondo doesn't sign back with the Mavs they have more cap room to sign additional talent.

Budadiiii
http://cjzero.com/gifs/MarkCubanHighOnVCWinner.gif

bluechox2
mavs became the team to beat

Smook A.
12-18-2014, 07:02 PM
It's over... SC just tweeted the deal is done.

JohnFreeman
I am happy for Dirk and Cuban

Batz
So... Lebron ain't getting him?

bluechox2
12-18-2014, 07:03 PM
lebron wants a piece of that action

wondering, wtf the cavs FO doing, Gave me ****ing love and irving

StephHamann
12-18-2014, 07:03 PM

We gotta stop arguing that random role players no team is excited about should be considered when you are getting a legit star back.

Wright and Crowder?

I would take both those guys right now for Aaron Brooks far as how useful they would be on the Bulls.

That said...all signs point to Rondo being a jerk....so maybe he destroys the atmosphere. If thats the concern...fine. Fair enough.

Personality/effort issues like maybe..Rudy Gay on memphis? Only thing to consider in these otherwise slam dunk deals.

Rondo doesnt strike me as an addition by subtraction type. Just...maybe a bit full of himself and demanding of the ball to get his assists.

You know why this trade is risky?

Dallas frontcourt:

Center: Tyson Chandler, Greg Smith

Power Forward: Nowitzki

thats it.

Tyson is injury prone and now you have to play Parsons/Aminu as a 4.

Dallas better signs a big man soon, can Jermaine O`Neall still play?

bluechox2
12-18-2014, 07:04 PM
the west is ****nig stacked as ****

JimmyMcAdocious
Makes you wonder what else was on the table. Or what was lacking.

Mr. Jabbar
its fappening its fappening

pastis
http://i.imgur.com/LskmWlQ.png

Yup, it looks like Rondo will be a Mav tonight. From Green to Blue.

wright, first and second round....for rondo? Or is green available as well?

rondo will kill the atmosphere....and only being inclined to sign extension is not enough for what we would give up

and WHO is supposed to play fo chandler off the bench? we need brandon bass
we will get dominated at the boards....we need rebounds!

Bernkastel
12-18-2014, 07:05 PM
West might beat themselves enough for the Cavs/East to swoop in? :confusedshrug:

El Kabong
12-18-2014, 07:06 PM
Love it for the Mavs. Wonder if Boston have been able to unload Wallace too?

ArbitraryWater
12-18-2014, 07:06 PM
Reported as done deal.......................

http://media3.giphy.com/media/hIjRJtvi1E8ta/giphy.gif
http://media1.giphy.com/media/iyMWq8tPfNeiA/200.gif
http://media3.giphy.com/media/91WDgp4xpQQAE/giphy.gif

bluechox2
12-18-2014, 07:07 PM
In before david stern....o wait

Proctor
12-18-2014, 07:08 PM
Hate to see Brandan Wright go if I'm Dallas.

ArbitraryWater
12-18-2014, 07:08 PM
Mavericks just followed Rondo on Twitter

Top Gun
12-18-2014, 07:09 PM
Fair play to Cuban actually giving Dirk one more run.

Kobe... :banghead:

HurricaneKid
Q: How much is Rondo worth?

A: Not Much. At all.

Bobcats2013
The West just got even more stacked, are you phucking kidding me.

Budadiiii
12-18-2014, 07:10 PM
Coming down to Dallas/OKC in the west.

Carlisle is just as good as Pop and now they have a legit championship roster.

Like I said, Durant is GOAT if he manages to win this year.

brownmamba00
12-18-2014, 07:10 PM
boston just gave Dirk his second ring

Dubs510
12-18-2014, 07:11 PM
lol boston got raped :biggums:

JGXEN
Holy shit, my favourite players Rondo and Dirk on the same team! Time to get on the Dallas bandwagon!

Wally450
Damn, best wishes to Rondo. Glad to see him on a team making a serious push for the playoffs. Can't wait to see some triple double on national TV come the spring.

ArbitraryWater
http://i.gyazo.com/06b5c06e3aefc2fe358e536461807db4.png

:pimp:

pastis
Mavericks just followed Rondo on Twitter

why are you happy with the trade?

who wil play for tyson now offf the bench?
who will rebound? we are gonne be dominated at the boards
rondo will kill the atmosphere...especially crowder was involved in the team etc.

giving up wright, nelson, 1st and second round for rondo....is just too much...too much.

we need brandon bass

Mr. Jabbar
rondo shutting down twitter right now

#rontfree

Real Men Wear Green
12-18-2014, 07:12 PM
Not much in this deal to get excited about. I'm hoping the future first is at least three years away and unprotected. And even that may not be long enough for Dallas to fall off.

Smook A.
No excuses for Dallas now.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
The West just got even more stacked, are you phucking kidding me.

Grizz
Warriors
Spurs
Clippers
Blazers
Rockets
Mavs w/ this acquisition

And OKC coming thru the back door. :eek: The West is MUST SEE basketball tv.

niko
I would have thought Houston has all those picks and Lin too...wait, didn't they dump a pick to get rid of Lin too? OH SNAP...

LINSANITY STRIKES AGAIN...

Done_And_Done
12-18-2014, 07:13 PM
Dallas just beefed up their arsenal big time. They could definitely still use some glue guys up front off the bench though.

JohnFreeman
12-18-2014, 07:14 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5LHvB1CcAAG1Jj.png

ArbitraryWater
why are you happy with the trade?

who wil play for tyson now offf the bench?
who will rebound? we are gonne be dominated at the boards
rondo will kill the atmosphere...especially crowder was involved in the team etc.

giving up wright, nelson, 1st and second round for rondo....is just too much...too much.

we need brandon bass

This is why..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5LHy5PCcAECzkj.jpg

pastis
No excuses for Dallas now.

so explain me where the upgrade is? we had enough assists with harris and ellis and dirk etc.
rondo cant play d and will kill teams atmosphere

cant really see improvement, good trade for boston tough

Smook A.
12-18-2014, 07:16 PM
The ****ing Western Conference man... holy ****

niko
12-18-2014, 07:16 PM
so explain me where the upgrade is? we had enough assists with harris and ellis and dirk etc.
rondo cant play d and will kill teams atmosphere

cant really see improvement, good trade for boston tough
Rondo is a good defender. When did he become a bad defender?

JohnFreeman
12-18-2014, 07:17 PM
The ****ing Western Conference man... holy ****
My Kings are never going to get anywhere :lol

Dubs510
the west playoffs will be crazy!! v

niko
Not much in this deal to get excited about. I'm hoping the future first is at least three years away and unprotected. And even that may not be long enough for Dallas to fall off.
It's this years pick and unprotected.

Boston will send Rajon Rondo and Dwight Powell to Dallas for Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder, Jamar Nelson, 2015 first-round and future second.

Batz
12-18-2014, 07:18 PM
For anyone wondering, Woj's tweet:

http://i.gyazo.com/578e3d137b37be2ff0e955f08c10a381.png
https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/545717365070385152

UK2K
12-18-2014, 07:19 PM
I like it. Dallas was horrid on defense, he should help immensely.

bluechox2
12-18-2014, 07:19 PM
so dallas raped houston and baston in half a season

Shade8780
12-18-2014, 07:20 PM
No.

F*ck off. That is a horrible trade! :facepalm

ArbitraryWater
12-18-2014, 07:20 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5LIWkDCYAAnywQ.jpg

Top Gun
12-18-2014, 07:21 PM
He won't be afraid to ball out others on their lack of defensive effort which I like about him.

bluechox2
best starting 5 in the league, they got great protection at center and the backcourt

with wing players that can light it up

StephHamann

Can Dwight Powell play? Or is he a total scrub?

r0drig0lac
12-18-2014, 07:23 PM
damn

ArbitraryWater
Where DMAVS at.. And Poke, Nowitzki41, etc.

Batz
Can Dwight Powell play? Or is he a total scrub?
D-league talent. Nothing special.

He's Canadian. So there's hope.

JimmyMcAdocious
12-18-2014, 07:24 PM
Is Okafor still out of the league?

Smook A.
12-18-2014, 07:26 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5LIWkDCYAAnywQ.jpg
Morey pullin for Dragic

9erempiree
Noooo....I was hoping he went to the Lakers.

Top Gun
Will Dirk and Tyson be able to last until the Finals if they get that far?

Legends66NBA7
12-18-2014, 07:27 PM
Is Okafor still out of the league?

Yes. I don't think he's cleared to return to a team yet.

Smook A.
My Kings are never going to get anywhere :lol
One day, Johnny. One day :cheers:

CelticBaller
Bittersweet, go win a ring for dirk rondo :applause:

Real Men Wear Green
12-18-2014, 07:28 PM
They should find a way to buy out Nelson. Team is tanking, no point in having a vet around. All-in on Marcus Smart.

ArbitraryWater
12-18-2014, 07:29 PM
I have no doubt Rondo can readjust to playing in a top offense, it will be interesting... But man, how quickly did this shit escalate? Like seriously, suddenly it was reported as possibility, and bam, went through in NO TIME.

CelticBaller
12-18-2014, 07:29 PM
No.

F*ck off. That is a horrible trade! :facepalm
**** it, it got to a point where I didnt want rondo anywhere near this dumpster fire in Boston. Like any good team would've given us a better trade anyways

Shade8780
12-18-2014, 07:30 PM
**** it, it got to a point where I didnt want rondo anywhere near this dumpster fire in Boston. Like any good team would've given us a better trade anyways
I'm happy for him, but that is highway robbery for the Celtics.

Batz
12-18-2014, 07:30 PM
Noooo....I was hoping he went to the Lakers.
Think of it like this -

F*ck the Spurs.

Derka
12-18-2014, 07:34 PM
They should find a way to buy out Nelson. Team is tanking, no point in having a vet around. All-in on Marcus Smart.

Yup.

sbw19
12-18-2014, 07:34 PM
Just when you thought West couldn't get any better. Win/win for both teams I guess. Nash, Kidd, Rondo amongst PGs who represent Dallas. Not bad. Not bad at all.

bigt
12-18-2014, 07:35 PM
Wow Rondo's stock must have dropped big time, figured Boston would get more out of him than this. I'd actually be kinda pissed if I wasn't a massive fan of Dirk and the Mavs. Good chance for Smart now though

CelticBaller
12-18-2014, 07:37 PM
I'm happy for him, but that is highway robbery for the Celtics.
Is jae crowder any good? :/

SwishAndSplash
12-18-2014, 07:37 PM
absolute robbery by the Mavs

YouGotServed
12-18-2014, 07:38 PM
so Houston couldn't make a better offer?

Batz
12-18-2014, 07:39 PM
Lebron couldn't either. ;D

Smook A.
12-18-2014, 07:39 PM
They could've, but I don't think Morey offered the Pelicans pick/DMo/Bev.

StephHamann
12-18-2014, 07:41 PM
Is jae crowder any good? :/

Very good on ball defender, always great energy and hustle.

Shoots 3 to inconsistent, other than that no offensive game @ all.

He is a nice glue guy, everybody on the team loved him.

sportjames23
12-18-2014, 07:41 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 3m3 minutes ago
Story going online details Celtics/Mavs talks in which Boston would get at least one first and blossoming center Brandan Wright for Rondo

http://www.wwe.com/f/wysiwyg/image/2013/09/20130911_LIGHT_JimRoss_C.jpg

"Business just picked up."

KG215
12-18-2014, 07:45 PM
Doesn't this leave the Mavs pretty thin in the frontcourt, though?

YouGotServed
12-18-2014, 07:46 PM
They could've, but I don't think Morey offered the Pelicans pick/DMo/Bev.

Rockets get robbed. No thanks.

It's A VC3!!!
12-18-2014, 07:46 PM
How do Rondo and Ellis play together? The Mavericks need a center badly, not a point guard. Anyways, I'm shocked at how little the Celtics wanted back in return. I don't know how much better this makes the Mavericks. We'll have to wait and see.

Cocaine80s
12-18-2014, 07:47 PM
How do Rondo and Ellis play together? The Mavericks need a center badly, not a point guard. Anyways, I'm shocked at how little the Celtics wanted back in return. I don't know how much better this makes the Mavericks. We'll have to wait and see.
You think the Mavs wouldve been fine with just Harris/Nelson/Felton?

They already have Tyson, all they need to do is pick up a decent back up big and theyd be set

tontoz
12-18-2014, 07:48 PM
Ballsy move by the Mavs. They needed someone who could guard WBrook/Parker/Curry. Rondo can probably do that as well as anyone.

Offense might suffer though.

Batz
Rondo, and Mavericks talk blowing up Twitter.

http://i.gyazo.com/3bddb76ab2b912f7dc4a64d7a31d1767.png

Don't know how accurate that NBA Pulse stuff is, but it's the most talked about thing in the season thus far (as much as I've seen it). Beating the opening of the All-star game voting, and Kobe's triple double vs Raptors by a considerable margin.

Cuban and Dirk gonna break the internet.

Smook A.
Rockets get robbed. No thanks.
O.T. - On the bright side, looks like Corey Brewer will be a Rocket tomorrow. He'll add some nice depth to our bench. HUGE upgrade over Garcia

Myth
12-18-2014, 07:49 PM
I'm happy for Dirk and the Mavs (always a likeable franchise), but I don't like that this makes the West even stronger and harder for my Blazers.

Kevin_Garnett_5
12-18-2014, 07:50 PM
Oh shit. Didn't think Ainge would actually do it. After all the years of Rondo being in trade rumors, I stopped taking them seriously.

The Celtics weren't getting equal value regardless, but I was hoping for a little more than this. Whatever. Good luck in Dallas Rondo.

bdreason
12-18-2014, 07:50 PM
And the West gets stronger. It's getting beyond ridiculous now.

DMAVS41
12-18-2014, 07:51 PM

Wright and Crowder?

I would hesitate to take both those guys right now for Aaron Brooks far as how useful they would be on the Bulls.

I agree with the essence of your post, but nothing supports Rondo being a legit star.

I'm all for this deal for so many reasons for the Mavs (mainly because Wright is gone regardless and we have no chance to do anything this year holding firm)...but Rondo isn't a legit star. He's a guy that has been injured a long time and looks like he's lost a lot of focus.

But yea...it's an easy deal to make for the Mavs because the upside is huge and I'm just not seeing much downside...unless it really matters a lot if we miss the playoffs vs getting slaughtered by the Warriors in round 1 as currently constructed.

Batz
12-18-2014, 07:51 PM
In principle, they should be perfect for one another. Rondo wants to pass, Ellis wants to score. In practice we'll just have to wait and see. But I don't see it being a huge issue with those two not clicking.

Myth
12-18-2014, 07:54 PM
Oh shit. Didn't think Ainge would actually do it. After all the years of Rondo being in trade rumors, I stopped taking them seriously.

The Celtics weren't getting equal value regardless, but I was hoping for a little more than this. Whatever. Good luck in Dallas Rondo.

I think they messed up by not trading him sooner. Fans at one point clamored for a Westbrook/Rondo swap, and this year an Irving/Rondo swap. I don't think those ever would have happened, but surely something in between those type of trades and what actually occurred could have happened.

StephHamann
12-18-2014, 07:56 PM
Best part of the deal is getting rid of Nelson, total scrub.

Optimus Prime
12-18-2014, 07:56 PM
Why does the title of this thread say TRADED at this time? ESPN still reports that it's "likely" tonight but not a done deal.

Anyway, if the trade goes down as reported, what a steal for the Mavs. They get a legit All Star PG for a bunch of spare parts and picks that won't amount to much.

The Mavs with Rondo are a top tier team in the West, but still not quite on the level of the Spurs, Grizzlies or Warriors. Definitely better than the Clippers, Rockets and Blazers though; probably Thunder too.

:kobe:

ArbitraryWater
12-18-2014, 07:57 PM
Batz gets it :applause:

Man, Mavs will whoop Bron's ass a 2nd time in the finals http://hoops-nation.com/community/public/style_emoticons/default/OhRlly.png

Thorn
12-18-2014, 07:57 PM
I wonder if Rondo was just sandbagging it knowing that Boston was going nowhere for at least a few years. Watch him turn into 09-12 Playoffs Rondo WITH all the spacing/offensive competence around him.

With Wright gone the frontcourt depth is a little thin but that starting five (on paper, anyway) is :eek: :eek: :eek: ...only a little worse than GS and OKC.

Batz
12-18-2014, 07:59 PM
Why does the title of this thread say TRADED at this time? ESPN still reports that it's "likely" tonight but not a done deal.

Cuz

Woj > ESPN

Smook A.
12-18-2014, 08:00 PM
Objective look at Dallas' team:
Tyson - C (still commands the paint, but in general...Dallas' defense is still pretty bad)
Dirk - PF (still a big time player and will make clutch shots when needed)
Chandler - SF (Rondo's addition will help Chandler get open shots at a much higher clip...something that will help him be a more consistent scorer and he doesn’t have to try creating for others. He also will get great passes on the wing and in transition.)
Monta- SG (Monta was doing well when he was able to create for himself. I just dont know how he will do if someone else is creating for him.)
Rajon - PG (Smart guy on the court and will execute what his coach wants. He plays the passing lanes well, and understands how to set people up very well. Will do well in Dallas, and his poor stats from the start of this season will be overlooked in a few months. That FT% though... that needs to improve)

Bench:
Greg Smith - C (this could get ugly if Tyson ever gets hurt; Wright gave them great production off the bench)
Charlie V/Aminu - PF
Richard Jefferson - SF
Devin Harris - SG (ok as a player, but extremely streaky)
JJ Barea - PG (in limited spot duty, he is the perfect pest and a smart player)
Raymond Felton - PG (still hurt, but once he gets healthy, he can make a decent production off the bench)

As everyone has already pointed out, Dallas' bench is a significant issue. They could improve it before the trade deadline. The stress on the starters to produce is now immensely high. Barring injuries, this team is definitely legit. One loss could really hurt them though...

Real Men Wear Green
12-18-2014, 08:01 PM
I agree with the essence of your post, but nothing supports Rondo being a legit star.He's made the ASG four times and leads the league in assists and triple-doubles. The inability to shoot keeps him from being a scorer but he does everything else as well as any pg in the league.
I'm all for this deal for so many reasons for the Mavs (mainly because Wright is gone regardless and we have no chance to do anything this year holding firm)...but Rondo isn't a legit star. He's a guy that has been injured a long time and looks like he's lost a lot of focus."Unfocused" he leads the league in assists. Imagine what he does if hge starts caring, eh? More seriously He missed time last season because he was coming off ACL repair. He hasn't missed a regular season game so far this season, missed the preseason but who cares? It's the preseason.

It's A VC3!!!
12-18-2014, 08:01 PM
In principle, they should be perfect for one another. Rondo wants to pass, Ellis wants to score. In practice we'll just have to wait and see. But I don't see it being a huge issue with those two not clicking.

Ellis doesn't want to score without the ball, though. This is not a winning trade for the Mavericks. I think the guard lineup is way too crowded already and I'm sure Rondo will do well but it will be at the expense of the other guards. We'll see how it plays out.

Real Men Wear Green
12-18-2014, 08:05 PM
I wonder if Rondo was just sandbagging it knowing that Boston was going nowhere for at least a few years.
A 6'1 player doesn't average over 7 rebounds if he isn't trying. The real problem with Rondo isn't his effort and his attitude isn't going to be what keeps Dallas back if they don't win the West. The only serious issue with Rondo is his shooting.

RRR3
Not sure why peole are getting so excited. Rondo has always been extremely overrated. He seems to be a terrible fit with Monta. And his ft%...... :lol

niko
Ellis doesn't want to score without the ball, though. This is not a winning trade for the Mavericks. I think the guard lineup is way too crowded already and I'm sure Rondo will do well but it will be at the expense of the other guards. We'll see how it plays out.
They rolled the dice because they weren't good enough as constructed. Ellis will need to adjust. Or it won't work. But it's a worthwhile gamble. Note they didn't add in six additional pick swaps, when you don't do that, trades aren't as risky.

Real Men Wear Green
12-18-2014, 08:07 PM
How do you know that? What player refuses to spot up for jumpers and cut to the basket for lay-ups? Who hates moving off of picks?

ProfessorMurder
12-18-2014, 08:08 PM

People need to stop with this personality stuff. The only bad thing you'll hear about Rondo in the lockerroom is from Ray Allen's mouth after he bailed on Boston. Rondo spent Christmas with Ray and stuff, then Ray started talking shit. Well, and he alleged broke a tv once. Big deal.

Rondo drove up to Maine to encourage young guys who've been sent to the d-league like Avery Bradley. (The only one to do that according to Bradley) He organizes team events and stuff. He goofs around with the team in pre-game.

-------

He's leading the league in assists and is the highest rebounding guard in the league. He's an above average defender, a great leader, a vocal player, can play in the halfcourt and run, doesn't care about scoring and elevates his game to ridiculous levels in the playoffs.

The pnr will be stupid with Dirk or Tyson.

Collie
12-18-2014, 08:11 PM
I think Dirk, Tyson and Carlisle can keep Rondo grounded. I mean, look at Monta. He's playing the best ball of his career and fitting in great, which is something I didn't think would happen with Dallas.

Thorn
A 6'1 player doesn't average over 7 rebounds if he isn't trying. The real problem with Rondo isn't his effort and his attitude isn't going to be what keeps Dallas back if they don't win the West. The only serious issue with Rondo is his shooting.
Ah I see. I haven't been following the Celtics so I didn't know he was averaging that many rebounds, though I don't doubt it since we've seen his competitive streak. And yeah his shooting is awful but the spacing is mitigated a little by Dirk, plus Parsons can light it up. Fit with Monta might take some games to work out too.

Can't wait to see him on a good team again :applause:

JimmyMcAdocious
I don't know if it works, but you have to make this trade.. Mavs lose little and their gain is a potential championship (which IMO they were a piece away from before the trade). Consider their window is 1-2 years because of Dirk and this is a no brainer.

Kevin_Garnett_5
12-18-2014, 08:12 PM
People need to stop with this personality stuff. The only bad thing you'll hear about Rondo in the lockerroom is from Ray Allen's mouth after he bailed on Boston. Rondo spent Christmas with Ray and stuff, then Ray started talking shit. Well, and he alleged broke a tv once. Big deal.

Rondo drove up to Maine to encourage young guys who've been sent to the d-league like Avery Bradley. (The only one to do that according to Bradley) He organizes team events and stuff. He goofs around with the team in pre-game.

-------

He's leading the league in assists and is the highest rebounding guard in the league. He's an above average defender, a great leader, a vocal player, can play in the halfcourt and run, doesn't care about scoring and elevates his game to ridiculous levels in the playoffs.

The pnr will be stupid with Dirk or Tyson.
Yup. And Rondo has stayed in touch with a lot of his teammates from the Big 3 era, while Ray hasn't. People seem to think because he didn't get along with Ray, he was a bad teammate. Despite all evidence proving otherwise.

ballup
12-18-2014, 08:13 PM
Rondo and Ellis make for a terrifying fastbreak backcourt. If one picks the pocket, the other will be racing down the court.

Batz
Rondo is whole different player.

His assist numbers are that ridiculous (and will be much more now, especially in the more advanced categories) not just because he wants to set you up, because he can set up any play imaginable.

I know, it doesn't seem much. But a good passing PG on a good team? That's a strong playoff team.

A great passing PG on a damn good team, surrounded by exceptional scorers and a damn good coaching staff to match? Damn.

I'm not saying it's going to work. Because they haven't even been in the same room. But Rondo can do some magical things with this team that they were lacking. Having some to be able to set it up for the guys like Ellis? Parsons? Dirk? Even a healthy Tyson on a PNR? Rajan Rondo is in no way crowding anything. He's primary is to set everyone up, and he's probably the best damn PG at doing it, whilst still having an ability to do something for himself. (Think of a mini-Pippen, somewhat)

It can work. Along with his defense, which has not been what it was in the Celtics contention days, it's still above good, and is still more than what you can ask for when guarding the elite point guards the west has to offer.

The biggest downside is his shooting. It's pretty much a 50-50 as it's always been. That I can't say much about really. It's same old Rondo stuff there.

The bench is still the biggest call for concern, and of course the health of the team, relatively old one too. Outside of that, Mavs fan might have a ton good night sleeps this season. But obviously, there's no telling what this can do. We will all have to wait and see how they play together, and then also see how teams adjust to them. I for one will be watching closely.

(btw sorry for redundancy and errors, kinda tired here)

Cocaine80s
Rondo doesnt even have to worry about scoring with this team lol :lol

Just play defense and pass the rock

Hizack
12-18-2014, 08:14 PM
Rondo, and Mavericks talk blowing up Twitter.

http://i.gyazo.com/3bddb76ab2b912f7dc4a64d7a31d1767.png

Don't know how accurate that NBA Pulse stuff is, but it's the most talked about thing in the season thus far (as much as I've seen it). Beating the opening of the All-star game voting, and Kobe's triple double vs Raptors by a considerable margin.

Cuban and Dirk gonna break the internet.
The moment Kobe surpassed Jordan in scoring.

http://i.minus.com/ix60vOkgmTZ6n.png

It's A VC3!!!
12-18-2014, 08:15 PM
How do you know that? What player refuses to spot up for jumpers and cut to the basket for lay-ups? Who hates moving off of picks?

Because he has been a primary ball handler for his entire career. Changing his style of play at this stage of his career won't be an easy task...

They rolled the dice because they weren't good enough as constructed. Ellis will need to adjust. Or it won't work. But it's a worthwhile gamble. Note they didn't add in six additional pick swaps, when you don't do that, trades aren't as risky.
I actually think they were stellar "as constructed". 19-8 with the old roster that they have is pretty great if you ask me. Yeah, it's a worthwhile gamble but I just don't know if it'll work out. It's not a trade that anybody can surely say "X team won".

Collie
12-18-2014, 08:15 PM
We might see something like 0 points/ 12 rebounds/ 20 assists from him.

Also, Monta loves to shoot. Rondo loves to pass. Aside from the 3 point shooting, that's a great combination.