PDA

View Full Version : OKC's starting five this year is so much better than last year.... AKA I told you so.

russwest0
12-18-2014, 03:38 AM
Steven Adams in just 25 MPG.... 8 PPG and 7 RPG on over 50% shooting... Playing much better than Perkins last year...

And Andre Roberson... is rebounding the ball amazingly for a guard and has a case as being the best wing defender in the NBA so far this season. Plus he always makes smart plays... Gets a decent amount of assists, doesn't turn the ball over much, etc.

The upgrade in the starting five last year is allowing Westbrook to play so much better... Check Sefolosha's stats... He is complete and utter garbage...

I told all of you that this would happen. That Adams would become the center OKC needed and that Roberson would be so much better than Sefolosha and that this would allow Westbrook to perform much better...

OKC also has 3 bench players averaging over 10 PPG... Reggie Jackson (16 PPG), Jeremy Lamb (11 PPG), and Anthony Morrow (10 PPG)... With a frontcourt of PJ3, Collison, and Perkins thrown into the mix...

This team is so much better just from getting rid of the vets and adding Morrow and benching Perkins...

YouGotServed
12-18-2014, 03:41 AM
Do they even have a .500 record?

"I told you so", doe.

lmao

russwest0
12-18-2014, 03:42 AM
Rockets fans caught up on regular season records because being the 3rd or 4th seed is all that they'll have to hang their hat on once the first round of the playoffs is over :oldlol:

imnew09
12-18-2014, 03:42 AM
GOATBROOK gon GOAT!

ThatCoolKid
12-18-2014, 03:43 AM
#stacked
#noexcuses
#theringlessservant

russwest0
12-18-2014, 03:43 AM
GOATBROOK gon GOAT!

Their starting lineup is literally the most dominant in the league, outscoring opponents by 34.5 points per 100 possessions which is the best 5 man combination out of any in the league...

http://stats.nba.com/league/lineups/#!/advanced/?sort=NET_RATING&dir=1&CF=MIN*GE*75

And this is with guys like Reggie, Lamb, Morrow, PJ3, Collison, and Perkins off the bench.

YouGotServed
12-18-2014, 03:44 AM
0 Western Conference finals series wins since Harden left.

"Playoffs", doe.

lmfao

russwest0
12-18-2014, 03:44 AM
#stacked
#noexcuses
#theringlessservant

you are coming in here and saying a bunch of shit that everyone already knows.

aka no one cares man.

andremiller07
12-18-2014, 03:48 AM
Russell Westbrook got better so yeah there better, still the same thing but him carrying a bunch of scrubs (aside from his Servant).

russwest0
12-18-2014, 03:49 AM
Russell Westbrook got better so yeah there better, still the same thing but him carrying a bunch of scrubs (aside from his Servant).

no because brooks doesn't have to overplay them this year.

like I said, three guys off the bench averaging over 10PPG helps a lot and I hope we keep Durant and Westbrook on low minutes the whole year. It'd be epic. I strongly doubt it happens though.

andremiller07
12-18-2014, 03:52 AM
no because brooks doesn't have to overplay them this year.

like I said, three guys off the bench averaging over 10PPG helps a lot and I hope we keep Durant and Westbrook on low minutes the whole year. It'd be epic. I strongly doubt it happens though.
I'm talking about playoffs but during regular season I guess they might be better, but come playoffs it's essential Russ and KD with a bunch of scrubs. I don't trust Jackson/Adams/Morrow/Ibaka or whoever else there is as a 3rd option in the playoffs.

I've been saying for a long time the greatest of WB and KD covers up how average the rest of the role players really are.

russwest0
12-18-2014, 03:54 AM
I'm talking about playoffs but during regular season I guess they might be better, but come playoffs it's essential Russ and KD with a bunch of scrubs. I don't trust Jackson/Adams/Morrow/Ibaka or whoever else there is as a 3rd option in the playoffs.

The thing is Adams and Roberson are both much better rebounders and defenders and athletes than Sefolosha and Perkins and in turn take a lot more pressure off of Durant and Westbrook. Morrow was a huge pickup for that as well because OKC needed a bench 3pt shooter bad and he's really good at that.

So yeah Westbrook and Durant will be the clutch go to options. Thats always how it was. Thing is though it shouldn't even get to that point with OKC's starting five dominating as much as they are when last year they felt like a weakness at times because of Perk and Sefolosha.

ThatCoolKid
12-18-2014, 04:01 AM
you are coming in here and saying a bunch of shit that everyone already knows.

aka no one cares man.

Your hero ain't shit man, your city's a joke. You should package them with a last smoke and 6 feet of rope.

russwest0
12-18-2014, 04:16 AM
Your hero ain't shit man, your city's a joke. You should package them with a last smoke and 6 feet of rope.

westbrook is the MVP of the league right now.

3ball
12-18-2014, 05:14 AM
disagree w/ OP about roberson.

3ball
12-18-2014, 05:15 AM
And Andre Roberson... is rebounding the ball amazingly for a guard and has a case as being the best wing defender in the NBA so far this season. Plus he always makes smart plays... Gets a decent amount of assists, doesn't turn the ball over much, etc.

i actually don't think the thunder can win the championship with roberson playing as much as he is.

he's a drain on their offense that won't show up until the postseason.

at that time, teams will load up on westbrook and durant like they always do, because they know those two perform 100% of OKC's playmaking, but have no one to pass to on the perimeter.

KDthunderup
12-18-2014, 05:46 AM
i actually don't think the thunder can win the championship with roberson playing as much as he is.

he's a drain on their offense that won't show up until the postseason.

at that time, teams will load up on westbrook and durant like they always do, because they know those two perform 100% of OKC's playmaking, but have no one to pass to on the perimeter.
If that happens then Brooks can easily just sub in Jackson or Morrow for him

3ball
12-18-2014, 06:40 AM
If that happens then Brooks can easily just sub in Jackson or Morrow for him
so hopefully his minutes will go down in the playoffs below their current 23 mpg?

otherwise, it might be too much of a drain on their offense come playoff time, when the game-planning is better, guys are playing harder, and buckets are harder to come by.

JohnFreeman
12-18-2014, 06:41 AM
:lebronamazed:

SexSymbol
12-18-2014, 06:50 AM

"Playoffs", doe.

lmfao
A houston fan should not mock any team of their PO success in the 00s

russwest0
12-18-2014, 12:05 PM
so hopefully his minutes will go down in the playoffs below their current 23 mpg?

otherwise, it might be too much of a drain on their offense come playoff time, when the game-planning is better, guys are playing harder, and buckets are harder to come by.

The thing about Roberson is right now he is a part of every one of OKC's most effective line ups.

Nash
12-18-2014, 12:07 PM
yo russ, I feel like you made this thread last week.

russwest0
12-18-2014, 12:10 PM
yo russ, I feel like you made this thread last week.

Check it out breh:

http://stats.nba.com/league/lineups/#!/advanced/?sort=NET_RATING&dir=1&CF=MIN*GE*75

OKC's starting five used to be a weak point but now it's the best 5 man lineup in the league. Best in the league defensively and on the glass by far.

Nash
12-18-2014, 12:14 PM
Check it out breh:

OKC's starting five used to be a weak point but now it's the best 5 man lineup in the league. Best in the league defensively and on the glass by far.
that looks promising, maybe you guys will get a championship parade down in OKC.

sick_brah07
12-18-2014, 12:14 PM
They need to win it this year or next there window is closing ... I don't see Westbrook lasting a long time the way he plays

I hope I'm wrong but I think he will decline a lot faster then wade did

russwest0
12-18-2014, 12:19 PM
that looks promising, maybe you guys will get a championship parade down in OKC.

Should have gotten one in 2013 if Westbrook doesn't go down.

Then again you can never trust Scott Brooks.

Still happy with myself for betting on OKC to win it all back when the odds were 1/20.

Budadiiii
12-18-2014, 12:22 PM
Should have gotten one in 2013 if Westbrook doesn't go down.

Then again you can never trust Scott Brooks.

Still happy with myself for betting on OKC to win it all back when the odds were 1/20.
How much did you bet? I thought about it but I bought an ounce of weed instead.

russwest0
12-18-2014, 12:23 PM
How much did you bet? I thought about it but I bought an ounce of weed instead.

Just 110 dollars (the 10 was free).

So if they win it all I'll win 2200 dollars.

Budadiiii
12-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Just 110 dollars (the 10 was free).

So if they win it all I'll win 2200 dollars.
Great job bro.

And Mitch can't seem to stay healthy. Out more weeks with inflammation in his leg. Sucks, I was excited to see him get some burn

3ball
12-18-2014, 03:46 PM
The thing about Roberson is right now he is a part of every one of OKC's most effective line ups.
that's just the regular season pulling the wool over people's eyes.

the playoffs is different - look at durant's performance from the regular season to the playoffs last year - he can't have the opposing defense playing 5 on 4 like they could with sefalosha...

and it will be worse this season if roberson plays as many minutes in the playoffs as he is now - at least with sefalosha, he could shoot the 3 a little bit.

Budadiiii
12-18-2014, 03:51 PM
that's just the regular season pulling the wool over people's eyes.

the playoffs is different - look at durant's performance from the regular season to the playoffs last year - he can't have the opposing defense playing 5 on 4 like they could with sefalosha...

and it will be worse this season if roberson plays as many minutes in the playoffs as he is now - at least with sefalosha, he could shoot the 3 a little bit.
Morrow for 3!

Fudge
12-18-2014, 03:52 PM
Morrow for 3!
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Most underrated acquisition of the year, period.

Budadiiii
12-18-2014, 03:55 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Most underrated acquisition of the year, period.
He's a killer.

I know clutch when I see it. He's gonna come up big for us in the playoffs, really no doubt about it.

At the end of the season people will be praising our front office for landing him. Feels good having foresight. :pimp:

3ball
12-18-2014, 03:56 PM
hopefully morrow will make the difference when teams start loading up on durant and westbrook in the playoffs.

in the regular season it won't matter much, but it will in the playoffs..

StephHamann
12-18-2014, 03:59 PM

"Playoffs", doe.

lmfao

0 playoff series wins without Goatswag and the Servant

"Playoffs", doe.

SwayDizzle
12-18-2014, 04:10 PM
it's time OKC wins a championship. anything less from this team and it's a disappointment. young buck Breezy and Durant gave the prime Kobe Gasol Lakers a fit. they have matured into a championship team now. they need to get the job done.

All Net
12-18-2014, 04:34 PM
They need to win it this year or next there window is closing ... I don't see Westbrook lasting a long time the way he plays

I hope I'm wrong but I think he will decline a lot faster then wade did
Their window is not closing

as long as they have KD they are contenders and will be every year

YouGotServed
12-18-2014, 04:49 PM
0 playoff series wins without Goatswag and the Servant

"Playoffs", doe.

Rent free.