PDA

View Full Version : So we do all agree that the Western Conference Finals = NBA Finals this year?

BigBoss
12-18-2014, 05:12 PM
The actual NBA finals just being a victory lap.

:confusedshrug:

Cocaine80s
12-18-2014, 05:14 PM
Why so many excuses when youre a laker fan?

They arent even making the playoffs :oldlol:

Ball So Harden
12-18-2014, 05:15 PM
I'm confused, does this mean the West lottery is actually the East playoffs?

BigBoss
12-18-2014, 05:15 PM
Why so many excuses when youre a laker fan?

They arent even making the playoffs :oldlol:

Would you like me to resize your avatar? You seem confused.

oarabbus
12-18-2014, 05:46 PM
I'm confused, does this mean the West lottery is actually the East playoffs?

No.

Lebronxrings
12-18-2014, 06:08 PM
damage control for the western conference already? :oldlol:

SexSymbol
12-18-2014, 06:12 PM
It's pretty obvious that the champ this year will the from western conference.
Which one is a huge mystery though, anybody from 1-8 can win it.

And a huge mystery is who will get through the east. With the Bulls and the cavs sucking so much, my money would be on the Wizards, or maybe even ATL

Real14
12-18-2014, 06:16 PM
damage control for the western conference already? :oldlol:
2/6 already?:lol

pastis
12-18-2014, 06:17 PM
It's pretty obvious that the champ this year will the from western conference.
Which one is a huge mystery though, anybody from 1-8 can win it.

And a huge mystery is who will get through the east. With the Bulls and the cavs sucking so much, my money would be on the Wizards, or maybe even ATL

Nah, dont think that anybody from 1-8 can win it. Mavs are not a contender, same with blazers and houston imo. the west is so stacked, every round is harder than the ECF. only teams deep enough and with an all around skillset (especially def.) are warriors, spurs, grizzlies and of course OKC with their ridiculous rwb and durant offense.

and i think you undervalue the cavs. in a 7 game series i SEE NO TEAM in the east winning against them. not in 7 game series.

SouBeachTalents
12-18-2014, 06:22 PM
2/6 already?:lol

5-22, second worst record in the NBA

Real14
12-18-2014, 06:30 PM
5-22, second worst record in the NBA
I thought you were a heat fan:biggums:

SexSymbol
12-18-2014, 06:33 PM
Nah, dont think that anybody from 1-8 can win it. Mavs are not a contender, same with blazers and houston imo. the west is so stacked, every round is harder than the ECF. only teams deep enough and with an all around skillset (especially def.) are warriors, spurs, grizzlies and of course OKC with their ridiculous rwb and durant offense.

and i think you undervalue the cavs. in a 7 game series i SEE NO TEAM in the east winning against them. not in 7 game series.
Bulls would definitely outplay them, especially if rose steps up from his current play.
Wizards have a very good chance to outplay the cavs, based on their superior interior play and the improvement of Wall.
Toronto, when healthy, can definitely beat them, they're old enough, hungry enough, they can make the finals.
ATL is a dark horse of the East, given the hotness of the 3, they'd advance past the Cavs.
You overrate the Cavs, they completely suck on defense, and that's not gonna improve.

If Portland, Houston or Dallas get hot in the playoffs they can win it all, those teams have everything that is needed for a championship, at least two all-star level players, defense, potent offense, they're all good to great.

You know a conference is extremely strong when the Clippers or the Mavs are the dark horse of the conference

Wally450
12-18-2014, 07:36 PM
The West is gonna be a blood bath.

San Antonio
OKC
Houston
Dallas
Golden State
Memphis
Portland
Phoenix
LA Clippers

Damn...

SouBeachTalents
12-18-2014, 07:40 PM
The West is gonna be a blood bath.

San Antonio
OKC
Houston
Dallas
Golden State
Memphis
Portland
Phoenix
LA Clippers

Damn...

Phoenix isn't on par with those other teams

JohnFreeman
12-18-2014, 07:41 PM
Whoever wins the ring is the champion

noob cake
12-18-2014, 07:42 PM
Phoenix isn't on par with those other teams

That's why they need to tank it up and trade Dragic to the Rockets for that Pelicans lotto pick.

Tycriss
12-18-2014, 07:49 PM
If the standing is .... #6 Dallas ; #7 San Antonio ; #8 OKC
:biggums:

Spurs5Rings2014
12-18-2014, 07:57 PM
That's why they need to tank it up and trade Dragic to the Rockets for that Pelicans lotto pick.

3ball
12-18-2014, 07:59 PM
the problem i have with the western conference hoarding all the talent, is the following scenario:

somehow the cavs make the Finals because the east is just so darn pathetic.

meanwhile, the west has 5 or 6 teams that are all Finals-capable - no clear favorite, and all very close to one another.

now out of those 6 teams, the cavs get destroyed by 5 of them.

but against one of them, the cavs actually matchup well and the mix of personalities on the Cavs just happens to sync perfectly versus the guys on the other team, and SOMEHOW the Cavs gain momentum and pull it off against the ONE team they happened to matchup well against.

like, there are a lot of good teams out west, but some of them are ridiculously inexperienced at playing high level playoff basketball, let alone the Finals.

it would be better if the west had just one or two juggernauts, where both were easy favorites against the Cavs, rather than 5 or 6 good teams, some of which run the risk of being too inexperienced to close the deal at the highest level.

am i being paranoid?

SouBeachTalents
12-18-2014, 08:01 PM
the problem i have with the western conference hoarding all the talent, is the following scenario:

meanwhile, the west has 5 or 6 teams that are all Finals-capable - no clear favorite, and all very close to one another.

but against one of them, the cavs actually matchup well and the mix of personalities on the Cavs just happens to sync perfectly versus the guys on the other team, and SOMEHOW the Cavs gain momentum and pull it off against the ONE team they happened to matchup well against.

like, there are a lot of good teams out west, but some of them are ridiculously inexperienced at playing high level playoff basketball, let alone the Finals.

it would be better if the west had just one or two juggernauts, where both were easy favorites against the Cavs, rather than 5 or 6 good teams, some of which run the risk of being too inexperienced to close the deal at the highest level.

am i being paranoid?

Amazingly so. LeBron lost any chance at passing Jordan after the 2011 Finals. Not so sure why you're still so insecure about him

navy
12-18-2014, 08:44 PM

am i being paranoid?

Goddamn you are insecure as fvck.

:roll:

Suguru101
12-18-2014, 09:02 PM

am i being paranoid?

3ball
12-18-2014, 09:11 PM
seems simple enough to me - some of the teams capable of making the Finals out West are inexperienced.

so there is a non-negligible chance that the team who makes the Finals from the West is too inexperienced to close the deal once they reach the biggest stage.

stalkerforlife
12-18-2014, 09:12 PM
Barring a miracle, I agree.

Just like when Kobe and the boys were winning titles, the real title is the western conference playoffs as a whole.

Papaya Petee
12-18-2014, 10:07 PM

am i being paranoid?

Paranoid? No. A ****** that would kill to go back to the 1990's to rewatch Jordan and slurp on his nuts? Yes.

archkiller
12-18-2014, 11:00 PM
not if it's OKC vs Cav in final

DMV2
12-18-2014, 11:04 PM
It's been like that since 1999 with a few exceptions like 2008 Finals, 2010 Finals, 2011 Finals, 2013 Finals.

Megabox!
12-18-2014, 11:14 PM

am i being paranoid?
Lebron got this dude straight shook. At first it was pretty funny but now it's just sad