PDA

View Full Version : Mavs win the ship this year.

HOoopCityJones
12-18-2014, 07:13 PM
Book it. :biggums:

Trade is highway robbery.

StephHamann
12-18-2014, 07:14 PM
This team is one Tyson chandler injury away from missing the playoffs

SouBeachTalents
12-18-2014, 07:15 PM
Trade is highway robbery.

Like Gasol's in '08

Legends66NBA7
12-18-2014, 07:17 PM

Rondo having multiple injuries is more likely too.

pastis
12-18-2014, 07:18 PM

at least one poster who didnt have the rondo glasses on.

we needed wright under the rim for rebounds.

wright, crowder, 1st and 2nd round for rondo....who cant play d and will destroy la familia atmosphere...
we are worse right now. good trade boston

Fudge
Not with a decent backup big they won't. Do they even have any backup bigs, period? :oldlol:

daprunus
Bird didnt team up with Jordan and magic

JohnFreeman
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5LHvB1CcAAG1Jj.png

Wally450
Triple double everywhere these playoffs. Rondo gets to go ham again.

UK2K
12-18-2014, 07:22 PM
I like the move but I wonder how bad the loss of a big will hurt them.

HurricaneKid
12-18-2014, 07:24 PM
Yeah too many people here don't get ball.

Dallas has the #1 offense in the NBA. The ball flies around the court like a damn Golden Snitch. You bring in one of the most ball dominant PGs in the NBA, a guy who has led a total of ZERO top 10 offenses in his career, and you think they get better?

The key here for the Mavs is A) make sure the ball doesn't get sticky with him and B) Rondo improves their backcourt D. He hasn't been a good defender since the first his two major injuries. Neither of these are anywhere near givens.

StephHamann
12-18-2014, 07:26 PM
The key here for the Mavs is A) make sure the ball doesn't get sticky with him and B) Rondo improves their backcourt D. He hasn't been a good defender since the first his two major injuries. Neither of these are anywhere near givens.

According to ESPN advanced statistics he's the 4 best defender @ Point Guard in the league.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM/position/1

idk only saw 1 Boston game this year so far.

Demitri98
12-18-2014, 07:29 PM
Nah. They have a very good team, potentially the conference finals...but they're still lacking that one superstar every championship team has.

ArbitraryWater
12-18-2014, 07:33 PM
Nah. They have a very good team, potentially the conference finals...but they're still lacking that one superstar every championship team has.

... Did you take a look at last year's Spurs?

YouGotServed
12-18-2014, 07:44 PM
Not with a decent backup big they won't. Do they even have any backup bigs, period? :oldlol:

Legit lold at period? :roll:

Period.

Cocaine80s
12-18-2014, 07:46 PM
Mavs need a backup Center

Verajao+Waiters for Ellis

ArbitraryWater
12-18-2014, 07:47 PM

Waiters lol

HurricaneKid
12-18-2014, 07:50 PM
According to ESPN advanced statistics he's the 4 best defender @ Point Guard in the league.

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/sort/DRPM/position/1

idk only saw 1 Boston game this year so far.

xRAPM is great. One of my favorite stats. But it requires atleast a YEAR of data. 22 games? No where near enough. And if you think Rondo is better than Bledsoe defensively I have a fantastic business opportunity I'd like to discuss with you.

pastis
12-18-2014, 07:52 PM

felton and smith and cash: for varajao lol

Spurs5Rings2014
... Did you take a look at last year's Spurs?

Tim Duncan is still a superstar.

Cocaine80s
yikes

ArbitraryWater
12-18-2014, 07:53 PM

Superstar isn't based on level of play, then... Duncan isn't any better than Ellis or Dirk

pastis
12-18-2014, 07:54 PM

duncan isnt a superstar since 2008

Spurs5Rings2014
12-18-2014, 07:58 PM
If you take defense into account, which you should, Duncan is one of the best players in the league still.

pastis
12-18-2014, 07:59 PM
If you take defense into account, which you should, Duncan is one of the best players in the league still.

thats right.
but maybe we the word "superstar" is open to many interprtations

ArbitraryWater
12-18-2014, 07:59 PM

What a vague statement that is.. He's not a superstar or top 20 player, period.

aj1987
12-18-2014, 08:00 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't like Rondo? The guy is the definition of a "stat-padder". Good defender and can find the open guy, but he cares more about his stats. There's a reason why he averages ~7 RPG as a midget PG. Stat-padding.

Spurs5Rings2014
12-18-2014, 08:00 PM

Agree to disagree.

aj1987
12-18-2014, 08:02 PM
Agree to disagree.
:oldlol:

Duncan is NOT top 20 this season.

pastis
12-18-2014, 08:02 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't like Rondo? The guy is the definition of a "stat-padder". Good defender and can find the open guy, but he cares more about his stats. There's a reason why he averages ~7 RPG as a midget PG. Stat-padding.

no you are not the only one. im very sceptical as well.... dont believe in any real improvement tbh

HurricaneKid
12-18-2014, 08:04 PM

You linked me to xRAPM and he has been the #1 player for the last two years.

But not top 20?

Optimus Prime
12-18-2014, 08:07 PM
Calm down. Spurs, Grizzlies and Warriors are still better, but the Mavs are probably #4. Relying on Tyson Chandler staying healthy is a dicey situation, however.

ArbitraryWater
12-18-2014, 08:08 PM
You linked me to xRAPM and he has been the #1 player for the last two years.

But not top 20?

haha that was another poster with the same avatar :lol

MastaKilla
12-18-2014, 08:08 PM
Like Gasol's in '08

yeah grizzlies really ****ed up getting Gasol huh..

SouBeachTalents
12-18-2014, 08:19 PM
yeah grizzlies really ****ed up getting Gasol huh..

:biggums:

The **** are you talking about?

StephHamann
12-18-2014, 08:21 PM

[I]Memphis, February 1, 2008

Spurs5Rings2014
12-18-2014, 08:32 PM
:oldlol:

Duncan is NOT top 20 this season.

Great argument.

:applause:

Please tell me more of this.

:facepalm

Milbuck
12-18-2014, 09:21 PM
Great argument.

:applause:

Please tell me more of this.

:facepalm
The load Duncan has to carry offensively is a joke if we're considering him a top 15-20 player. He's a key contributor and they look to him often in big moments because the skills are still there, but it's obvious their offense has the potential for ridiculous firepower whether he's contributing or not. When they're on their game, the Spurs could blow out most teams in the league with him doing absolutely nothing offensively. It's a hell of a lot easier to bring the energy and effort in defense and rebounding when your team has one of the smartest, most efficient, most strategically sound offenses in history loaded with shooters and creators everywhere, where you can consistently do nothing more than clean up around the rim and still win games at a high clip. I'd love to see what kind of impact Duncan's defense would manifest itself into on a garbage team like the Pistons or Knicks, where there's zero offensive structure and he'd be relied upon heavily to drive that offense.

And even then it's not like Duncan is carrying their defense or anything, like their defense would collapse with him out...San Antonio's defense just like their offense is one of the smartest, most disciplined, fundamentally sound team defenses in the league..they went from 11th in both the 11 and 12 seasons to the 3rd ranked defense in both the 2013 and 2014 seasons, and that isn't just a coincidence. Duncan surely has had a resurgence in recent years, but he didn't just magically return to peak form defensively...it's been well-documented, the Spurs have mentioned it several times, and it's there's been a visible difference that's all on tape..after that 2012 season when their defense got torn apart by OKC, they started embracing analytics and picked up on what really makes an elite defense, outside of traditional stuff like elite defensive rebounding, shot blocking, etc - constant contesting of shots both inside and outside, constant and rapid rotations and closeouts, defensive versatility that allows you to trap out in the perimeter but also funnel offenses into their paint defense. Everyone on that team buys into their defense and when they're locked in it's a defensive machine that suffocates teams..this isn't 2003.

I said this last season and I'll say it this season...Duncan's peak is underrated as ****, but he's also overrated as **** right now. People always point to "intangibles, leadership, always makes the right plays, does the little things"..as if damn near everyone on that team doesn't do that, as if they don't have the foundation for a winning culture already set. Once again, I'd love to see all those intangibles and "beyond the stats" impact on team that isn't nearly flawless from a team-perspective.

MastaKilla
12-18-2014, 09:37 PM

Grizzlies received their current MVP candidate center in that trade.

Cocaine80s
12-18-2014, 09:39 PM
The load Duncan has to carry offensively is a joke if we're considering him a top 15-20 player. He's a key contributor and they look to him often in big moments because the skills are still there, but it's obvious their offense has the potential for ridiculous firepower whether he's contributing or not. When they're on their game, the Spurs could blow out most teams in the league with him doing absolutely nothing offensively. It's a hell of a lot easier to bring the energy and effort in defense and rebounding when your team has one of the smartest, most efficient, most strategically sound offenses in history loaded with shooters and creators everywhere, where you can consistently do nothing more than clean up around the rim and still win games at a high clip. I'd love to see what kind of impact Duncan's defense would manifest itself into on a garbage team like the Pistons or Knicks, where there's zero offensive structure and he'd be relied upon heavily to drive that offense.

And even then it's not like Duncan is carrying their defense or anything, like their defense would collapse with him out...San Antonio's defense just like their offense is one of the smartest, most disciplined, fundamentally sound team defenses in the league..they went from 11th in both the 11 and 12 seasons to the 3rd ranked defense in both the 2013 and 2014 seasons, and that isn't just a coincidence. Duncan surely has had a resurgence in recent years, but he didn't just magically return to peak form defensively...it's been well-documented, the Spurs have mentioned it several times, and it's there's been a visible difference that's all on tape..after that 2012 season when their defense got torn apart by OKC, they started embracing analytics and picked up on what really makes an elite defense, outside of traditional stuff like elite defensive rebounding, shot blocking, etc - constant contesting of shots both inside and outside, constant and rapid rotations and closeouts, defensive versatility that allows you to trap out in the perimeter but also funnel offenses into their paint defense. Everyone on that team buys into their defense and when they're locked in it's a defensive machine that suffocates teams..this isn't 2003.

I said this last season and I'll say it this season...Duncan's peak is underrated as ****, but he's also overrated as **** right now. People always point to "intangibles, leadership, always makes the right plays, does the little things"..as if damn near everyone on that team doesn't do that, as if they don't have the foundation for a winning culture already set. Once again, I'd love to see all those intangibles and "beyond the stats" impact on team that isn't nearly flawless from a team-perspective.
3 paragaphs really wasnt needed to say this

btw when can i change my avy? I dont remember what day i lost the bet

Milbuck
12-18-2014, 09:42 PM
3 paragaphs really wasnt needed to say this
Well then I guess everyone might as well speak in single sentence posts. I just figured I'd rather explain my position, whether it's dumb and I'm completely off, or not.
btw when can i change my avy? I dont remember what day i lost the bet
I think you're good, don't remember the exact date but it's probably been a week.

Hizack
04-29-2015, 11:11 AM
Ship? what ship?

keep-itreal
04-29-2015, 11:14 AM
Ship? what ship?
it sanked

HOoopCityJones
04-29-2015, 11:29 AM
That Rondo trade had the complete opposite effect than what was intended , that's what happened.

Mr Feeny
04-29-2015, 11:32 AM
That Rondo trade had the complete opposite effect than what was intended , that's what happened.In other words, you embarassed yourself again and showed everyone that you have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to basketball. Great:applause:

Mrofir
04-29-2015, 11:38 AM
I also thought the Mavs would be better than they were. Lots of people did.

Hard to believe they took the Spurs to 7 games last season.

HOoopCityJones
04-29-2015, 11:42 AM
In other words, you embarassed yourself again and showed everyone that you have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to basketball. Great:applause:

https://nyobetabeat.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/indiana-jones-popcorn-reaction-gif.gif

How my dick taste doe?

DMAVS41
04-29-2015, 11:44 AM

Why are people ignoring no Parsons and the Rondo stuff?

You give this team a healthy Parsons and a competent pg and they'd go toe to toe with just about anyone outside the ultra elite.

Even in this form they were a top 10 team in the league.

Lebron23
04-29-2015, 11:45 AM

They were a much better team last season. Rondo ruined their team chemistry.

DMAVS41
04-29-2015, 11:49 AM
They were a much better team last season. Rondo ruined their team chemistry.

Not just that...

Losing Carter and Marion killed our perimeter defense

They are old and done, but that honestly was the big other thing

Mr Feeny
04-29-2015, 11:53 AM
How my dick taste doe?"I have nothing to answer with". Good stuff!

Ramza
04-29-2015, 11:56 AM
In other words, you embarassed yourself again and showed everyone that you have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to basketball. Great:applause:
Don't do em like that bruh :oldlol:

lilandywiggins
04-29-2015, 11:58 AM
Mavs were the worst playoff team in the West this year. Pelicans also would have stole 1 from the Rockets.

StephHamann
04-29-2015, 12:12 PM
Mavs were the worst playoff team in the West this year. Pelicans also would have stole 1 from the Rockets.

This one is on Cuban/Nelson

Rick would have benched Rondo months ago, so they could develop a playing style with Barea and Felton. But no they were stubborn to play this little piece of cancer.

I wish death and misery upon the Rondo family.

Fallen Angel
04-29-2015, 12:16 PM
Triple double everywhere these playoffs. Rondo gets to go ham again.
:yaohappy:

HOoopCityJones
04-29-2015, 12:25 PM
"I have nothing to answer with". Good stuff!

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/you_got_me_breaking_bad.gif

When you stop hiding behind your bitch ass alt, then talk shit. You Lebron nut guzzler.

navy
04-29-2015, 02:38 PM
Why are people ignoring no Parsons and the Rondo stuff?

You give this team a healthy Parsons and a competent pg and they'd go toe to toe with just about anyone outside the ultra elite.

Even in this form they were a top 10 team in the league.
Not really. Defense was despicable and as I suspected Dirk wouldnt be able to produce what was needed at his age.

DMAVS41
04-29-2015, 03:22 PM
Not really. Defense was despicable and as I suspected Dirk wouldnt be able to produce what was needed at his age.

And still had chances each game in the 4th without the pg and Parsons.

Dirk was more than capable of the team was right. A team like the Mavs just has a slim margin of error. They can't lose a guy like Parsons and not feel it.

Not really what? You don't think a healthy team with a starting pg can't make noise? Did you watch the Rockets series? We were 1 player away from making that a coin flip.... Give us 2 and we would be live against anyone but Warriors/Spurs.

rezznor
04-29-2015, 03:32 PM

Dirk was more than capable of the team was right. A team like the Mavs just has a slim margin of error. They can't lose a guy like Parsons and not feel it.

Not really what? You don't think a healthy team with a starting pg can't make noise? Did you watch the Rockets series? We were 1 player away from making that a coin flip.... Give us 2 and we would be live against anyone but Warriors/Spurs.

love how you guys keep claiming you would win with parsons but then fail to acknowledge the players the rockets were missing

navy
04-29-2015, 03:42 PM

That means nothing to be honest. Sure the Mavs didnt get blown out, but they didnt show enough for anyone to say that the addition of Parsons would have won them the series. I mean, what if I said that the Rockets had beverly? Would it have been a sweep or more or less the same?

It was obvious that they had severe defensive issues, especially in the front court. Resurrected Josh Smith and Dwight Howard in the same series.

It was also obvious that Dirk wasnt going to be able to carry a large enough load to to get it done. I read a great quote on the series. Only way for Dirk to guard anyone is for him to score 30.

Obvious to me anyways. Losing in 5 isnt anything to brag about. Parsons and Rondo arent anything to talk about. Not when you look at what other teams have lost. Including the Rockets. Just your run of the mill first round exit team in the west. One that could be seen a mile away.

ImKobe
04-29-2015, 03:51 PM
http://weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/shaq-laughing-gif.gif

DMAVS41
04-29-2015, 04:20 PM
To the posts above...

I didn't say we'd win the series. I said we would have been "live" against pretty much any team not named Warriors/Spurs...which we would have been.

And yes...it does matter that the games were competitive.

I'd gladly give the Rockets a full bill of health if it mean us getting Parsons and a competent guard.

Did I say we'd win? No...so please stop the straw man.

I was super low on this Mavs team all year...everyone else went around going nuts when we started off just pretty good...playing the easiest schedule in the league. We weren't ever going to win it all or anything...but we had enough, if right, to challenge all but a couple teams in the league.

And no, Dirk doesn't have to score 30 to be good. He needs to not be put in the position to have to generate so many shots and scoring opportunities at this stage of his career. He can still do it better than all but the 10 to 15 best offensive players in the league, but it's not a winning strategy.

As much as I don't like Parsons or his fit on this team...he does take a nice amount of the burden away from Ellis/Dirk and it would have helped a lot.

Again...win the series? Nah, probably not, but I bet it would have gone 7...and that would have been fun.

Also, we really have to stop ignoring who these teams play. We played the Rockets. A team with a top 3 or so player this year and another top 10 or so player in Howard now that he's healthy. They are like the 4th or 5th best team in the league...even in their current state.

Lets not act like..."oh..they lost in round 1" like it's the same as the Raptors or something.

Put this Mavs team in the East and only 2 teams are actually any better...and the Mavs would definitely be "live" against the Hawks and Cavs in their current states.

It's why this system has to change...I'm so god damn sick of watching these scrub East teams advance and people hating on teams/players in the West.

I'm not even a huge fan of Paul...although I think he's great, if not a bit over-rated here, but him/Clips losing in round 1 is the dumbest argument I've ever heard this year.

The Clips would be the favorites to make the finals in the East...pretty large I might add now that Love is out. They would cruise to the conference finals with ease...

Instead, because they play in a real conference, they have to play an elite team in round 1.

You clowns think that makes the Wizards or Bulls/Bucks/Hawks/Nets better than them?

Stop acting like the Rockets aren't elite...and stop acting like the Mavs got dominated. It's too early for the standard ISH revisionist history. At least give it a year or something...

rezznor
04-29-2015, 05:19 PM
To the posts above...

I didn't say we'd win the series. I said we would have been "live" against pretty much any team not named Warriors/Spurs...which we would have been.

And yes...it does matter that the games were competitive.

I'd gladly give the Rockets a full bill of health if it mean us getting Parsons and a competent guard.

Did I say we'd win? No...so please stop the straw man.

I was super low on this Mavs team all year...everyone else went around going nuts when we started off just pretty good...playing the easiest schedule in the league. We weren't ever going to win it all or anything...but we had enough, if right, to challenge all but a couple teams in the league.

And no, Dirk doesn't have to score 30 to be good. He needs to not be put in the position to have to generate so many shots and scoring opportunities at this stage of his career. He can still do it better than all but the 10 to 15 best offensive players in the league, but it's not a winning strategy.

As much as I don't like Parsons or his fit on this team...he does take a nice amount of the burden away from Ellis/Dirk and it would have helped a lot.

Again...win the series? Nah, probably not, but I bet it would have gone 7...and that would have been fun.

Also, we really have to stop ignoring who these teams play. We played the Rockets. A team with a top 3 or so player this year and another top 10 or so player in Howard now that he's healthy. They are like the 4th or 5th best team in the league...even in their current state.

Lets not act like..."oh..they lost in round 1" like it's the same as the Raptors or something.

Put this Mavs team in the East and only 2 teams are actually any better...and the Mavs would definitely be "live" against the Hawks and Cavs in their current states.

It's why this system has to change...I'm so god damn sick of watching these scrub East teams advance and people hating on teams/players in the West.

I'm not even a huge fan of Paul...although I think he's great, if not a bit over-rated here, but him/Clips losing in round 1 is the dumbest argument I've ever heard this year.

The Clips would be the favorites to make the finals in the East...pretty large I might add now that Love is out. They would cruise to the conference finals with ease...

Instead, because they play in a real conference, they have to play an elite team in round 1.

You clowns think that makes the Wizards or Bulls/Bucks/Hawks/Nets better than them?

Stop acting like the Rockets aren't elite...and stop acting like the Mavs got dominated. It's too early for the standard ISH revisionist history. At least give it a year or something...

pre-rondo mavs were a much better team. i agree with you there and yes, the series would have been tighter if that was the match up. i still think the rockets are a better team although it would be closer than it is now.

also agree that the mavs would be a top seed in the east, any of the west PO teams would be top 4 in the weast

Bernkastel
04-29-2015, 05:24 PM
I really thought they would go out better than the way they did.

BurningHammer
04-29-2015, 05:26 PM
The mix of Konex and reality :applause: