PDA

View Full Version : Malcolm X

ROCSteady
12-19-2014, 01:35 AM
Always heard such differing opinions and recounts about Malcolm X through the years depending on which community is expressing. I wanted to buy a tee shirt with the picture of dude looking thru the window with the rifle cuz I been on a "**** the established order" type kick lately.

What's the low down, unbiased deal with Malcolm? Can anyone paint an accurate and not sensationalist overview about the Magneto of US Civil Rights?

Will rep depending on responses and not sarcastic troll bait.

iamgine
12-19-2014, 01:38 AM
rep is down

L.Kizzle
12-19-2014, 01:43 AM
Watch the Spike Lee bio played by Denzel Washington and read his book.

Loneshot
12-19-2014, 01:45 AM
Seriously, have people become too lazy to Google. You need someone to give you a perspective as well?

ROCSteady
12-19-2014, 01:56 AM

Thanks but I don't think of Spike as unbiased or grounded. I want the account from an objective educated viewpoint with no dogs in the race so to speak.

ROCSteady
12-19-2014, 01:59 AM
Seriously, have people become too lazy to Google. You need someone to give you a perspective as well?

Fck off t wat

I made a thread becuz my Mac is getting fixed so I'm posting from my phone, not the best research tool. I come here for opinions of some of the posters that matter so I seek input from those well learned on the figure.

Either contribute or polish my ball bag.

Cactus-Sack
12-19-2014, 02:03 AM
Fck off t wat

I made a thread becuz my Mac is getting fixed so I'm posting from my phone, not the best research tool. I come here for opinions of some of the posters that matter so I seek input from those well learned on the figure.

Either contribute or polish my ball bag.

Was gonna come here and give you the real low-down, but not anymore.

Patrick Chewing
12-19-2014, 02:05 AM
Has a Mac and hates the establishment.

ROCSteady
12-19-2014, 02:06 AM
LMAO y'all too funny. I don't really kno computers like that.

Apple products are just simple to use & I'm all for makin my life as simple as possible in regards to tech.

L.Kizzle
12-19-2014, 02:07 AM
Thanks but I don't think of Spike as unbiased or grounded. I want the account from an objective educated viewpoint with no dogs in the race so to speak.
Get his book Autobiography of Malcom X which was published shortly after his death in 1965.

CavaliersFTW
12-19-2014, 02:13 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9AmuYqjRyg

Start watching. Fascinating person, I've heard as much of him speaking as is available on YT. I don't agree with all his ideologies and neither did America at that time but he was intelligent and wanted for his people to be in a much better place than they were during his time. He was more militant minded and distrustful of whites than say, MLK. He was a huge figure in the civil rights movement, a supremely confident intelligent figure for black community to look up to. From what I gathered in all his speeches avail on YT he wanted blacks in America to have a greater place in this country but to be separate and independent of whites, as he seemed to feel whites were all proven corrupt by their history.

Lebron23
12-19-2014, 02:19 AM
Denzel deserves an Oscar in his performance in that movie.

TonyMontana
12-19-2014, 02:20 AM
He was far superior to Martin Luther King in terms of being a leader for his people.

Rather than just wanting handouts like the majority of "black activists" he wanted independence for the black people. Black people governing themselves. Better black people that weren't the lowliest of the low which is all too common among in those types of communities.

ROCSteady
12-19-2014, 02:23 AM
Thanks brother. Will rep when it's back.

I want a balanced account I his deeds, trials and all that. Not the ppl that see him as a Pope like martyr figure semi deity like certain black folk or the radical violent menace to society like Conservative whites can.

KevinNYC
12-19-2014, 02:29 AM
He was far superior to Martin Luther King in terms of being a leader for his people.

This is a bunch of revisionist nonsense. MLK actually had achievements while Malcolm X really didn't. King got the Civil Rights Act passed.

The other thing to know about Malcom X is underwent a pretty giant change in his philosophy before he died. You might say it is the reason he was killed.

But it would have been quite interesting to see what would have happened if he lived longer.

Malcolm X had several acts in his life. I think the book and the movie are fine places to start.

STATUTORY
12-19-2014, 02:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9AmuYqjRyg

Start watching. Fascinating person, I've heard as much of him speaking as is available on YT. I don't agree with all his ideologies and neither did America at that time but he was intelligent and wanted for his people to be in a much better place than they were during his time. He was more militant minded and distrustful of whites than say, MLK. He was a huge figure in the civil rights movement, a supremely confident intelligent figure for black community to look up to. From what I gathered in all his speeches avail on YT he wanted blacks in America to have a greater place in this country but to be separate and independent of whites, as he seemed to feel whites were all proven corrupt by their history.

While Malcom X is often invoked as a direct foil for MLK, MLK himself is not the pristine and whitewashed cutout that he's often portrayed in the media. FBI tapes reveal him to be a deeply complex figure often conflicted between his libido and his consicentiousness, this is prevalent among many pastors imo because they often feel the appeal of vices and thus feel compelled to advocate against sin. Moreover in the privacy of his own bedroom, MLK also express latent anger against whites that he resolves through sexual domination of women

TonyMontana
12-19-2014, 02:41 AM
This is a bunch of revisionist nonsense. MLK actually had achievements while Malcolm X really didn't. King got the Civil Rights Act passed.

The other thing to know about Malcom X is underwent a pretty giant change in his philosophy before he died. You might say it is the reason he was killed.

But it would have been quite interesting to see what would have happened if he lived longer.

Malcolm X had several acts in his life. I think the book and the movie are fine places to start.

Martin Luther King Jr. may have "more accomplishments", but that's because he was a pawn of the establishment. They were using him to divide America. He was a moron, a communist, only cared about womanizing, and did virtually nothing for black America except preparing them for the decades and decades of expecting hand outs, welfare, moral degeneration, and drug usage. Malcom X on the other hand praised self-determination.

Why do you think MLK gets his knob sucked every 10 minutes? The only american to have his own holiday? lol. The guy was a ****ing puppet of the elite. a non-threat to essentially control.

Also to the OP don't watch Spike Lee's crap. Actually read the guys Autobiography if you actually want to learn about him.

ROCSteady
12-19-2014, 02:47 AM
Good stuff fellers.

Swaggin916
12-19-2014, 03:59 AM
Malcolm was starting to change by the end... but for most of his days he was a militant misogynist... he would fit right in on this board.

ROCSteady
12-19-2014, 04:16 AM
LMFAO

Someone make a Malcolm X gimmick account.

L.Kizzle
12-19-2014, 05:13 AM
LMFAO

Someone make a Malcolm C gimmick account.
Someone would just make a Louis Farrakhan account and kill him off.

JEFFERSON MONEY
12-19-2014, 09:42 AM
Malcolm was starting to change by the end... but for most of his days he was a militant misogynist... he would fit right in on this board.

Nope.

He's a very different. ... flavor of misogynistic.

Like a streetwise pimp who understands female nature and condemns black women for being weak in hating themselves and acting white lol.

JEFFERSON MONEY
12-19-2014, 10:01 AM
http://therawness.com/human-nature-books-autoboiography-of-malcolm-x/

Rocsteady, this site in general is a GREAT resource for psychology philosophy etc written by a black man. You gave the gift of your Spotify Collection now this site is awaiting you to mine it's gold

nathanjizzle
12-19-2014, 10:06 AM
malcolm x was on the extremists end of his philosophy, during his prime, not at the end though as he changed due to realising he had the wrong ideas. Although extremism is necessary to combat the opposition, it is most of the time the wrong idea, and it proved so while MLK dreams come to fruition. malcolm x believed in segregation, that the black community should have their own society and govern themselves, mlk believed in unity and a future where communities will be mixed raced without prejudice. We can see who was right and who was wrong.

32jazz
12-19-2014, 02:48 PM

Malcolm X & all members of the Nation of Islam were forbidden from actively participating in Civil Rights/Politics ,etc....... MAlcolm actually says it was one of his greatest regrets that he wasn't more actively involved in the Civil Rights struggle as young Blacks(& some Whites) risked their lives during the movement as the Nation of Islam sat by.

After breaking from the NOI he wanted to be more involved & was preparing to bring the US up on charges at the UN.

Philosophically speaking Malcolm X/Elijah Muhammad basically were Marcus Garvey disciples although Marcus was very active politically & socially. Many of the ideas spread by Malcolm X & the NOI were basically ideas & teachings of Marcus Garvey. Matter of fact Marcus Garvey was far more galvanizing /popular in the 1920 s & his organization (UNIA)far larger than the NOI or any other Civil Rights group with millions of dues paying members.

Garvey was more popular , but unfortunately did not benefit from television like later Civil Rights activists or figures like Malcolm X . Disappointing how Garvey is overlooked & shows the power of T.V.

Patrick Chewing
12-19-2014, 03:03 PM
Martin Luther King Jr. may have "more accomplishments", but that's because he was a pawn of the establishment. They were using him to divide America. He was a moron, a communist, only cared about womanizing, and did virtually nothing for black America except preparing them for the decades and decades of expecting hand outs, welfare, moral degeneration, and drug usage. Malcom X on the other hand praised self-determination.

Why do you think MLK gets his knob sucked every 10 minutes? The only american to have his own holiday? lol. The guy was a ****ing puppet of the elite. a non-threat to essentially control.

Also to the OP don't watch Spike Lee's crap. Actually read the guys Autobiography if you actually want to learn about him.

This is such utter crap. MLK did a lot for Blacks in America.

Then rap music ruined it.

Malcolm X was a racist.

Real14
12-19-2014, 03:13 PM
Exactly.

KNOW1EDGE
12-19-2014, 03:31 PM
He was a racist criminal.

Once he was imprisoned, he dedicated his life to Islam and changed his perspective.

IMO he was an idiot and did zero good for black people, only dug the hole deeper.

His views were radical and he loved violence. He hurt innocent people. He was a fuhckboy

longtime lurker
12-20-2014, 05:02 PM
It's interesting that MLE is so revered in America and Malcolm X isn't. I guess the government can't have people learning about an intelligent black man that preached self determination...

Real14
12-20-2014, 05:17 PM
It's interesting that MLE is so revered in America and Malcolm X isn't. I guess the government can't have people learning about an intelligent black man that preached self determination...

Exactly. MLK jr was very important but best believe he had to sell out a little to get a holiday. For races to come together now compared to those days where there was "no coloreds" signs posted everywhere, you can see that the government had great plans for this. The government turned MLK speech to evil since today there are many blacks coonin' and kissing white's ass for some extra cash while the whites (mainly jews) turn us into there slaves with certain contracts. Malcolm X wasn't down for that shit and that's why he will never have a holiday. Even future black leaders who would lead others to fight against the system like similar to blank panthers and Malcolm X will get no holiday as well.

32jazz
12-20-2014, 08:04 PM

MLK simply came along during the new era of television & the Movement had escalated , but Malcolm X preached nothing Marcus Garvey hadn't decades before(sans the Islam).

Most of Malcolm X /Elijah Muhammad message was lifted from Garvey.

I would love to have seen what Garvey & the UNIA could have accomplished & how he would be remembered with more intense media attention(and without his legal troubles).

Pointguard
12-20-2014, 11:08 PM
One of the things that stands out about Malcolm for me was his remarkable clarity of thought. His debating skills and communication skills were unlike anybody I can think of. He could speak to the down trodden and inspire them and just as easily speak to the most educated and teach them, and he did so without much formal education (the "debate at Oxford" is a must see). William F Buckley one of the best debaters on the far right ever, at first wanted to debate Malcolm and changed his mind after research and advice from those close to him.

He would sit at tables with eight experts (historians, psychologist and politicians) and his incisive intelligence would often just stunt all of them who came to the table to charge him. He was the last orator that was truly spellbinding with great use of metaphors, current examples, and overlooks in history.

Another thing was Malcolm's ability to see patterns that would repeat itself in history. He saw the problem in banks, education and world politics back then and it fits perfectly for those problems today. His speeches about police presence in black communities would address the current situation better than any leader is doing today. He was emphasizing Human Rights over Civil Rights because it was a way of uniting people around the world.

He could see the universal in things very well. His story is one of the most remarkable transformations in current history. He was a rare combination of stellar intellect and ruthless approach to matters.

Pointguard
12-20-2014, 11:21 PM
MLK simply came along during the new era of television & the Movement had escalated , but Malcolm X preached nothing Marcus Garvey hadn't decades before(sans the Islam).

Most of Malcolm X /Elijah Muhammad message was lifted from Garvey.

I would love to have seen what Garvey & the UNIA could have accomplished & how he would be remembered with more intense media attention(and without his legal troubles).
Garvey was a very interesting guy - a combination of Martain Delaney, Henry Highland Garnett, Frederick Douglass and Charles Fenton. Fard, Elijah's teacher had a lot of Noble Drew Ali in his theories. Garvey's game in general would have to have been tighter with more media around these days.