PDA

View Full Version : Should Kobe give up his all star spot this upcoming all-star game?

Im so nba'd out
12-19-2014, 02:20 AM
He will be voted in by kobe worshippers which means someone like a Steph Curry or Westbrook wont make it.He prolly will only play like 10 minutes in the whole game to rest which is just a waste of a roster spot

imnew09
12-19-2014, 02:21 AM
you should definitely give up your ISH account this upcoming second

AirFederer
12-19-2014, 02:34 AM
Kobe being an all star this year is a joke - but so is the concept, so he fits in.

outbreak
12-19-2014, 03:10 AM
Kobe being an all star this year is a joke - but so is the concept, so he fits in.
This. Historically bad season yet still an all star

coin24
12-19-2014, 03:19 AM
OP should give up on life

Also kobe is dominating the league of course he will be an all star:lol

coin24
12-19-2014, 03:21 AM
This. Historically bad season yet still an all star

Historically bad is top 3 in the league in scoring??

Wow you have high expectations, must suck to be a magic fan then:lol

J Shuttlesworth
12-19-2014, 03:23 AM
Historically bad is top 3 in the league in scoring??

Wow you have high expectations, must suck to be a magic fan then:lol
When was the last time someone top 3 in scoring was shooting under 40%? I think Kobe is making history :applause:

coin24
12-19-2014, 03:25 AM
When was the last time someone top 3 in scoring was shooting under 40%? I think Kobe is making history :applause:

Iverson??

Kobe gives no fu*ks. Big d.ick alpha:bowdown:

Mr. Jabbar
12-19-2014, 03:29 AM
Yea lets sit the greatest scoring guard of all time out of the all star game

Timmy D for MVP
12-19-2014, 03:30 AM
No he shouldn't because the fans vote him in.

Here's what we should do though. Stop counting All-Star starts as big accomplishments. They are very impressive, and a good indicator of generally the better players, but in situations like this is could be wrong. But who really cares? It's a game for the fans, and that's all it should really be.

Timmy D for MVP
12-19-2014, 03:32 AM
Yea lets sit the greatest scoring guard of all time out of the all star game

Well yeah Jordan will likely be sitting, he's rich enough to get great seats.

stalkerforlife
12-19-2014, 03:32 AM
Iverson??

Kobe gives no fu*ks. Big d.ick alpha:bowdown:

:lol

Akrazotile
12-19-2014, 03:39 AM
No he shouldn't because the fans vote him in.

Here's what we should do though. Stop counting All-Star starts as big accomplishments. They are very impressive, and a good indicator of generally the better players, but in situations like this is could be wrong. But who really cares? It's a game for the fans, and that's all it should really be.

I dont think anyone really does count them for much anymore, unless they really need to rely on them to prop up a particular player like melo or kobe.

But the thing is I bet half the people who vote for these things dont even end up watching the game. The allstar game is for basketball fans. Just because 10 year old billy johnson loves kobe and logs in to vote for him, or a million people in china vote for kobe bc they feel like it makes them part of nba curture, doesnt mean the actual bball fans who want to watch the seasons best players play should suffer.

In fact, real fans should BOYCOT the allstar game, until they get a better system! Thats right, boycott the allstar game!!!

Timmy D for MVP
12-19-2014, 03:47 AM
I dont think anyone really does count them for much anymore, unless they really need to rely on them to prop up a particular player like melo or kobe.

But the thing is I bet half the people who vote for these things dont even end up watching the game. The allstar game is for basketball fans. Just because 10 year old billy johnson loves kobe and logs in to vote for him, or a million people in china vote for kobe bc they feel like it makes them part of nba curture, doesnt mean the actual bball fans who want to watch the seasons best players play should suffer.

In fact, real fans should BOYCOT the allstar game, until they get a better system! Thats right, boycott the allstar game!!!

Well I even disagree that it's supposed to be an exhibition of the game's best players that year. It may have started out that way, but it has clearly become an exhibition for the stars. I mean the coaches do a nice job of picking the players that fall through the media cracks and all that, but I think it has become one night where all the stars collide.

You're absolutely right, the basketball nerds like us want to see all the actual best players. But I can't really get mad and say it shouldn't happen because if they are voted in. 10 year old Billy has as much a right to vote and watch his idol play as I do to vote and watch the best players play. I will probably bitter because some deserving players will get in, and they will be bitter because they can lose money on it, but I'll still watch and enjoy the game regardless.

bluechox2
12-19-2014, 03:52 AM
Same way he gave up some cash for better players?

konex
12-19-2014, 04:31 AM
It's really interesting the different ways Kobe and MJ are treated. I remember the media and fans pressuring AI and Vince (who got voted in as starters) into sitting for Wizards MJ in 2003.

Now people want Kobe who will be voted in overwhelmingly to give up his spot just because he happens to be on a bad team? :confusedshrug: :hammerhead:

FKAri
12-19-2014, 04:32 AM
in b4 West starting backcourt is Kobe/Lin :roll: