PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson fights back against Charles Barkley

Knicksfever2010
12-19-2014, 09:19 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/carmelo-anthony-multiple-people-telling-shut-article-1.2050079

Nice to see the Knicks FINALLY growing a pair against Barkley and telling him in no uncertain words, "we're not going to tolerate this anymore"

Haymaker
12-19-2014, 09:25 AM
Jackson should accept all the heat. He chose the Knicks, after all. He's being paid a near max salary to turn the team around.

Knicksfever2010
12-19-2014, 09:29 AM
Jackson should accept all the heat. He chose the Knicks, after all. He's being paid a near max salary to turn the team around.

100 % agree, BUT Phil has been ripped since day 1. He basnt even had a chance to get his players on the squad. Lets wait till after a few years before jumping to a decision.

People think Rome was built in a day. Look at Donnie Walsh, he was given 3 years to get under the cap before anyone took shots at him.

Taller than CP3
12-19-2014, 09:36 AM
Who the **** taught Phil Jackson how to tweet, Derek Fisher?

Haymaker
12-19-2014, 09:39 AM
100 % agree, BUT Phil has been ripped since day 1. He basnt even had a chance to get his players on the squad. Lets wait till after a few years before jumping to a decision.

People think Rome was built in a day. Look at Donnie Walsh, he was given 3 years to get under the cap before anyone took shots at him.

I understand that because it's Phil, the pressure is even more. But he traded the wrong player. He should've traded Smith/Felton and kept Chandler. That way he could let both Amare and Bargnani expire and have enough room to sign FA next offseason. If those are an indication of the kind of decisions he will make, the Knicks are in for perennial mediocrity.

IMObjective
12-19-2014, 09:50 AM
Ughh, barkley, can't stand the guy, talking about Phil getting sensitive in his old age, he's the one that needs to learn how to age gracefully. After being a career loser, how are you always taking dumps on people who are struggling at the moment.

Blue&Orange
12-19-2014, 09:50 AM
Everytime Barkley talks about the Knicks his IQ lowers to sea level. I lol how he looked surprised Fisher only put Amare back on the court when Knicks were down by 10, idiot didn't watch any Knicks game this year, he doesn't realize Knicks are tanking, that was the exact time to put Amare back.

Taller than CP3
12-19-2014, 09:56 AM
Everytime Barkley talks about the Knicks his IQ lowers to sea level. I lol how he looked surprised Fisher only put Amare back on the court when Knicks were down by 10, idiot didn't watch any Knicks game this year, he doesn't realize Knicks are tanking, that was the exact time to put Amare back.

It's funny how the two guys in your avatar have a total of 18 rings, but associating themselves with the Knicks makes them look like career losers.

Knicksfever2010
12-19-2014, 10:19 AM
It's funny how the two guys in your avatar have a total of 18 rings, but associating themselves with the Knicks makes them look like career losers.

If I wanted a joke, I'd follow you into the john and watch you take a leak.

AussieG
12-19-2014, 10:37 AM
The Knicks are 5-22, anyone can talk shit about them and be right.. it's not hard.

gts
12-19-2014, 12:50 PM
If I wanted a joke, I'd follow you into the john and watch you take a leak.

forgot to change alts :lol

Myth
12-19-2014, 01:07 PM
Phil is smart man, but is about as immature as Shaq.

HurricaneKid
12-19-2014, 01:10 PM
He should've traded Smith/Felton and kept Chandler.

He managed to dump Felton on Dal.

And they weren't going to be able to dump JR on ANYONE without giving away at least a 1st.

hawksdogsbraves
12-19-2014, 01:15 PM
I mean at this point Phil just has to take it, the Knicks are a disgrace and this first season is going to be a complete disaster.

imdaman99
12-19-2014, 01:26 PM
As a Knicks fan, I won't watch any Knicks game with Barkley doing any sort of commentating. If I wanted to listen to a Knicks roast, I could find more entertaining people.

Levity
12-19-2014, 02:16 PM
forgot to change alts :lol

:lol

chocolatethunder
12-19-2014, 03:06 PM

That's true but he also made the bonehead move of signing Melo to a max deal and then inserting a coach to implement the triangle and have it based around Melo. Melo is a great scorer with the ball in his hands. I'm not sure that the triangle is the best system for him.

A long time ago the Knicks were thought of as a destination for free agents but that's not the case anymore. This team as been the poster boy for dysfunction in this league for quite a while now. Having Melo and a rookie coach and an awful record doesn't make it attractive for free agents. In addition, barring a sign and trade, staying with your current team is too good too pass up financially. There is no way and I mean no way Gasol is going to go from one of the best teams in the league, where he's been his whole career and went to high school, to New York. Maybe in five years free agents will but Phil needs to tear down and rebuild. Melo got all that money and for what? The team is atrocious. They would have been better getting a player and a pick for him in a sign and trade. They desperately need picks.

Springsteen
12-19-2014, 04:44 PM
Barkley was spitting cold undeniable facts about the Knicks as he usually does, but as usual Knicks fans stuff cotton in their ears and just call him "dumb" and "no rings". Phil Jackson having to defend the sh*tshow of a team he's managing over Twitter just comes off as trying to save face. Tanking? Weren't you guys claiming that you were gonna sneak into the playoffs a few months ago?

The funniest tweet was him trying to explain how the Dalembert for Tyson trade was somehow good. "It's too early to judge the trade guys! Be patient!" :lol Just admit you f*cked up Phil.

Blue&Orange
12-19-2014, 08:21 PM
gee mister, you broke my feelings.

One thing for sure you will never see me care about your shitty team like you care about the knicks.