vs

Stephen Curry
James Harden
Carmelo Anthony
Blake Griffin
Al Jefferson

hateraid
12-19-2014, 01:39 PM
Lol, I thought this would have had an immediate troll response at the very least.

This thread was supposed to illustrate a point....

Budadiiii
12-19-2014, 01:43 PM
Scoring is the most important aspect of the game

Why Durant is easily the best player

3peated
12-19-2014, 01:44 PM
are you high dude? this isn't obvious enough outside of defensive players vs offensive players.

navy
12-19-2014, 01:47 PM
Team Offense rapes them.

GimmeThat
12-19-2014, 01:47 PM
If you put those players together, playing for the first time. The longer it goes and where stamina comes in to play, the better the first team.

Until no one can launch or pass for another shot, then second team steals the deal.

My 2 cents

imdaman99
12-19-2014, 01:48 PM
Offensive players will score on anyone. Great offense beats great defense.

Team 2 easily. Unless they play iso-Melo ball. Than I see an upset.

Mass Debator
12-19-2014, 01:48 PM
That offensive team wins 10/10 times.

3peated
12-19-2014, 01:55 PM
Patrick Beverley
Jimmy Butler
Kawhi Leonard
Serge Ibaka
Joakim Noah

vs

Stephen Curry
James Harden
Carmelo Anthony
Blake Griffin
Al Jefferson

1. PAtrick "over rated, dirty defensive player with a lot of energy" beverley cannot stop curry, and cannot create
2. butler vs harden would be a good match up, harden would still get his ft's and make shots, hes a very great shooter and isnt scared to take a contested shot. butler would get his too
3. melo lol, aint no body stopping melo but melo. kawhi isnt a great creator, he would have to play off making stops.
4. this would be decent but right now, blake is a beast. ibaka could possibly keep him shooting most the game and hope he shoots a low %, but its not a winning situation for him. ibaka has no offensive game no matter what playing beside 2 top 5 players may lead u to believe.
5. noah might actually win this contest, big al would most likely still get 15pts at least on him, noah would need to play like he did when rose was out and score decently.

easy win for the offense tho, easy easy win.

I<3NBA
12-19-2014, 01:59 PM
Patrick Beverley
Jimmy Butler
Kawhi Leonard
Serge Ibaka
Joakim Noah

vs

Stephen Curry
James Harden
Carmelo Anthony
Blake Griffin
Al Jefferson

:wtf:

if you were at least half serious in your attempt, you would replace Ibaka with Taj Gibson and Noah with Marc Gasol. that team beats team offense in a 7 game series.

hateraid
12-19-2014, 03:36 PM
:wtf:

if you were at least half serious in your attempt, you would replace Ibaka with Taj Gibson and Noah with Marc Gasol. that team beats team offense in a 7 game series.

The point of this thread was more the context then the actual match-ups.

It was to illustrate that ISH puts too much emphasis on defensive play and loves to chastise dominant offensive players who play mediocre on defense. In theory according to ISH team A should beat team B. Isn't Harden and Carmelo bums? Isn't Blake a soft power forward? Isn't Al Jefferson one dimensional?

I think the smarter posters got the context

Marchesk
12-19-2014, 04:33 PM
Great offense beats great defense.

Is that why defense wins championships, the Seahawks beat down the record breaking Broncos in the SB, and the 2004 Pistons beat a Shaq and Kobe squad with two other HOFers?

Also, 60s Celtics.

Marchesk
12-19-2014, 04:35 PM
How about we make Team A:

Gary Payton
Sidney Moncrief
Scottie Pippen
Dennis Rodman
Bill Russell

Now who wins?

hateraid
12-19-2014, 05:18 PM
How about we make Team A:

Gary Payton
Sidney Moncrief
Scottie Pippen
Dennis Rodman
Bill Russell

Now who wins?

Vs

Magic Johnson
Kobe Bryant
Dominique Wilkins
Karl Malone
Shaquille O'Neal

let's get in on!

atljonesbro
12-19-2014, 05:32 PM
People overemphasize defense because they think it makes them sound smarter seeing as it's less flashy and appealing. They feel like they are giving off the impression that they are seeing something that others aren't.

Defense is important, but offense beats defense most of the time. That's why most TS% are above 50%.

I<3NBA
12-19-2014, 06:04 PM

It was to illustrate that ISH puts too much emphasis on defensive play and loves to chastise dominant offensive players who play mediocre on defense. In theory according to ISH team A should beat team B. Isn't Harden and Carmelo bums? Isn't Blake a soft power forward? Isn't Al Jefferson one dimensional?

Taj Gibson is more defensive than Ibaka (who can hit the midrange, and is therefore a more two-way player than Taj) likewise, Mar Gasol is DPOY. he is defense, not offense.

if you wanted to illustrate a point, you would have picked total one sided players for each side. not this shit where both teams have some players that are decent on the other side of play.

example:

Patrick Beverley
Tony Allen
Taj Gibson
Dennis Rodman
Ben Wallace

vs

Kevin Martin
Current Kobe
Carmelo Anthony
Kevin Love
Bargnani

hateraid
12-19-2014, 06:16 PM
Taj Gibson is more defensive than Ibaka (who can hit the midrange, and is therefore a more two-way player than Taj) likewise, Mar Gasol is DPOY. he is defense, not offense.

if you wanted to illustrate a point, you would have picked total one sided players for each side. not this shit where both teams have some players that are decent on the other side of play.

example:

Patrick Beverley
Tony Allen
Taj Gibson
Dennis Rodman
Ben Wallace

vs

Kevin Martin
Current Kobe
Carmelo Anthony
Kevin Love
Bargnani
:facepalm
Sorry, your example is way worse to illustrate my point. It was illustrated to exemplify elite offensive skill and super stardom trumps superior defense.
The purpose was to overload the offensive side to show that defense gets overrated.
Your concern for the actual match-up itself shows you had no clue what the point was whuch is defense gets overrated on ISH.

hateraid
12-20-2014, 08:47 PM
People overemphasize defense because they think it makes them sound smarter seeing as it's less flashy and appealing. They feel like they are giving off the impression that they are seeing something that others aren't.

Defense is important, but offense beats defense most of the time. That's why most TS% are above 50%.
:applause:

tpols
12-20-2014, 08:58 PM

Idk man I'd take team A. There's just too much ball handling on team B. Most of them would be standing around watching while one star takes turns. It would be redundant.

Jimmy Butler and kawhi can create their own shot just fine.. Noah for passing and screen setting. Good spacing and two all star caliber big man who can definitely wipe the glass with blake/al Jeff. There's a reason the clips start a real long mobile defensive player in DeAndre next to Griffin.. He masks his deficiencies. There's zero rim protection on your offensive team.

I would bet on defensive team especially in a series