PDA

View Full Version : Dirk has no excuses this year....

Budadiiii
12-19-2014, 12:57 PM
Best coach in the L, monster big man, all star SG, all star PG, fringe all star SF

Better bench than OKC.

Remember it took LeBron having the worst choke in history for this guy to get a ring. He's still on the chopping block, I don't buy his hype

Springsteen
12-19-2014, 01:00 PM
How many years has Durant had no excuses now?

pastis
12-19-2014, 01:01 PM
Best coach in the L, monster big man, all star SG, all star PG, fringe all star SF

Better bench than OKC.

Remember it took LeBron having the worst choke in history for this guy to get a ring. He's still on the chopping block, I don't buy his hype

do you reach your intellectual horizon at the end of you ghetto walls? :applause: :applause:

R.I.P.
12-19-2014, 01:03 PM

Better bench than OKC.

http://www.styleite.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/giphy1.gif

Budadiiii
12-19-2014, 01:03 PM
How many years has Durant had no excuses now?
He's had some pretty justifiable excuses over the years. Dirk not so much.

Springsteen
12-19-2014, 01:11 PM
He's had some pretty justifiable excuses over the years. Dirk not so much.

Yes, totally justifiable excuses. That choke-job against the Grizzlies with a miracle bailout by Reggie Jackson. Literally falling to the ground in a pivotal moment of the WCF. I could pull up more if I wanted to.

Durant is the best player in the world, and has a top 2, if not the best point guard in the league at his side. A 36 year old Dirk dragged a Mavs team with Dalembert as their starting center to the 8th seed in the west last season.

I know you're probably just fishing for responses, but even with this trade, barring injuries, Durant has less excuses not to win a title than Dirk.

pastis
12-19-2014, 01:15 PM
Yes, totally justifiable excuses. That choke-job against the Grizzlies with a miracle bailout by Reggie Jackson. Literally falling to the ground in a pivotal moment of the WCF. I could pull up more if I wanted to.

Durant is the best player in the world, and has a top 2, if not the best point guard in the league at his side. A 36 year old Dirk dragged a Mavs team with Dalembert as their starting center to the 8th seed in the west last season.

I know you're probably just fishing for responses, but even with this trade, barring injuries, Durant has less excuses not to win a title than Dirk.

:bowdown:

DirkNowitzki41
12-19-2014, 01:18 PM

damn :biggums:

Budadiiii
12-19-2014, 01:23 PM
Durant is the best player in the world. A 36 year old Dirk dragged a Mavs team with Dalembert as their starting center to the 8th seed in the west last season.

We're talking about this season, where he has Monta Ellis, Rondo, Chandler, Parsons and Rick Carlisle at the helm.

Durant averaged 30/9/4 and they would have won the finals had Ibaka not gone down. Westbrook went down the previous year.

Dirk made a career of not living up to expectations in the playoffs, and had 1 overrated run where he did nothing but score while his great coach and insanely good supporting cast did the dirty work. Played average in the finals but LeBron choked so there you go.

J Shuttlesworth
12-19-2014, 01:24 PM

RIP in peace budadiii

moaz
12-19-2014, 02:14 PM
after 2011, Dirk has all the excuses he want to do anything.

stalkerforlife
12-19-2014, 03:18 PM
Other than the fact that Dirk is in his what, 17th season?

Dirk is an all time great and nothing changes that.

T_L_P
12-19-2014, 03:24 PM

Destroyed.

Hotlantadude81
12-19-2014, 03:56 PM

Better bench than OKC.

He has already won a championship. He has NOTHING left to prove.

AirFederer
12-19-2014, 04:02 PM
Trolling weaker than shit

Dirk is a legend and 36. Gtfo

bettalaylow
12-19-2014, 04:24 PM

Better bench than OKC.

I have to ask are you trolling for attention here because mommy didn't allow you to go outside?

Dirk had a ring and has had a great career he doesn't have jackshit to prove to any legit basketball fans not little fan boys he started watching basketball 3 years ago.

Kblaze8855
12-19-2014, 06:03 PM
Every topic ive ever seen on someone having no excuse is terrible.

There are valid reasons for everyone to lose.

The dumbest thing about it...often the same people say multiple people have no excuse to lose.

As if...there is no excusing the unavoidable...

DMAVS41
12-19-2014, 06:21 PM
When did 36 year old players that have already proven to be some of the best franchise players in the history of the NBA start needing excuses?

The excuse would be simple...Dirk isn't half the player he was for his 10 year prime.

I will say though...my god, prime Dirk on a loaded team like this would be just about basketball heaven for me.

Mr. I'm So Rad
12-19-2014, 06:23 PM
His career and place in history is already set. He shouldn't even be brought in the discussion when it comes to "excuses". He can really only move up at this point

navy
12-19-2014, 06:24 PM
Pretty amazing after all the Super teams put together people still think that you can determine how well a team does based on names.

Rondo might be a cancer and destroy the team.
He might be the missing piece to propel them to the top.

We wont know until they play.

christian1923
12-19-2014, 06:43 PM
When did 36 year old players that have already proven to be some of the best franchise players in the history of the NBA start needing excuses?

The excuse would be simple...Dirk isn't half the player he was for his 10 year prime.

I will say though...my god, prime Dirk on a loaded team like this would be just about basketball heaven for me.
But yet you expect the world from kobe..

eklip
12-19-2014, 07:04 PM
Dirk is old. That's a pretty good excuse.

He's at an age where many all-time great players stopped playing or weren't great anymore.

FLDFSU
12-19-2014, 08:42 PM
Not to be a Dirk hater, because I am not, but...

We are talking about a player that won the FMVP and then turned around and couldn't be bothered to keep himself in shape long enough in the off season. So much so that he needed to take an extra two weeks to get himself into "game shape" after already having an extended off season due to the NBA lock out.

And no said a damn thing.

Could you imagine if Leonard basically admitted to being so out of shape that he needed to take off? And lets not even get started of what ESPN would do if it was Kobe, Lebron, or even Paul Pierce.

So if Dirk wins...he's the greatest...if he loses...ESPN will probably just blame Rondo.

miles berg
12-19-2014, 09:02 PM
Cuban told the Mavs that there wouldn't be a season. He was sure the lockout was going to be long.

eklip
12-19-2014, 09:07 PM

We are talking about a player that won the FMVP and then turned around and couldn't be bothered to keep himself in shape long enough in the off season. So much so that he needed to take an extra two weeks to get himself into "game shape" after already having an extended off season due to the NBA lock out.

Could you imagine if Leonard basically admitted to being so out of shape that he needed to take off? And lets not even get started of what ESPN would do if it was Kobe, Lebron, or even Paul Pierce.

So if Dirk wins...he's the greatest...if he loses...ESPN will probably just blame Rondo.

Dirk had knee problems since he played with Germany in the EuroBasket tournament after his championship. The big reason why he needed a week off was the super short training camp and the condensed schedule in the lockout season. A lot players struggled, especially the old guys. Nobody even knew that there will be a season.

It had nothing to do with the championship. A lot more with his knee problems and the lockout. It's one thing to stay in shape and another to be on the court playing professional basketball. The next offseason he tried his best to stay in shape and keep his legs strong. He said it in many interview before the preseason started. Even with all that his knee starting swelling up after some preseason games and he had to have an surgery and missed a lot of games.

Dirk is known as one of the hardest workers and as a gym rat. He earned that reputation.

DMAVS41
12-19-2014, 09:19 PM
But yet you expect the world from kobe..

Not at all...it's all about where people rate players. You don't see people over-rate current Dirk when he has a monster game the way people are with Kobe this year.

SamuraiSWISH
12-19-2014, 09:20 PM
No excuses in 2007 at his peak either. Won MVP got bounced in the 1st round by an 8th seed.

DMAVS41
12-19-2014, 09:27 PM

How many times does this bullshit have to be ethered?

Dirk missed 4 games in 2012. 4 ****ing games.

He put up 22/7/2 56% TS in the regular season and 27/6/2 56% TS in the playoffs.

The standards for Dirk are absurdly high.

Kobe missed 8 games.
Lebron missed 4 games.
Love missed 11 games.
Melo missed 11 games.
LA missed 11 games.

On and on.

Such tired narrative from you. Dirk was told from Cuban and others there wouldn't even be a season. Dude is coming off injuries from the summer and only misses 4 games and plays very well despite an overhaul to a championship roster and Odom trying to **** the team over.

Really only Dirk and Wilt would get criticism for that shit. Two most unfairly criticized players ever.

Derka
12-19-2014, 09:29 PM
Dirk won a ring already and is the best International player in history. Dude has nothing left to prove in this League.

TOUCH MY BODY
12-19-2014, 09:29 PM
http://images.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Lord-of-the-Rings.jpg

MellowYellow
12-19-2014, 10:27 PM
Why are we talkin about Dirk when Monta is the Mavs best player and was last year as well. :confusedshrug:

Prometheus
12-19-2014, 10:35 PM
OP is just bitter towards Nowitski for dominating the evil King LeBron and reaching championship glory. He's mad because his OKC rascals failed miserably at the same challenge the following year. Ousted in five games. Sent home fishin', cryin'... sad times.

pastis
12-19-2014, 10:39 PM
oh me-low me-low, as usual taking shit.

last year Dirk: 21.7 points, 6.2 reb, 2,7 ass on 50/40/90 while being doubled and forced to iso nearly EVERY possession you uneducated ghetto biatch. carried scrup dalambert and calderon to the playoffs in wild west. while being the man on every possession, creating space for easy layups and open umpers for ellis, while being doubled every time.

and even this season:

matter of fact: this team goes as far as Dirk takes them.

Ellis can only keep up his above average shooting numbers when Dirk is on the floor.
all offensive plays start with Dirk drawing the double team
and Dirk keeps his performance at high level no matter the unit he plays with (unlike Ellis)

and here are the stats:
according to NBA.com definition of clutch (last 5 minutes, 5 points or less diff.) our players stack up (Player impact rating) like this:
- Dirk 22.8
- Ellis 19.7
- Parsons 7.5

WATCH GAMES BEFORE YOU TALK

get the fvck off. even this years Dirk is better than carmeLOW.
carmelo with dalambert, larkin, calderon, hardeway, JR, AMARE with 5-22 in the east. go and suck carmelos beta d1ck. swallow all his meaningless all-star appearances and gtfo

MellowYellow
12-19-2014, 10:46 PM
oh me-low me-low, as usual taking shit.

last year Dirk: 21.7 points, 6.2 reb, 2,7 ass on 50/40/90 while being doubled and forced to iso nearly EVERY possession you uneducated ghetto biatch. carried scrup dalambert and calderon to the playoffs in wild west. while being the man on every possession, creating space for easy layups and open umpers for ellis, while being doubled every time.

and even this season:

matter of fact: this team goes as far as Dirk takes them.

Ellis can only keep up his above average shooting numbers when Dirk is on the floor.
all offensive plays start with Dirk drawing the double team
and Dirk keeps his performance at high level no matter the unit he plays with (unlike Ellis)

and here are the stats:
according to NBA.com definition of clutch (last 5 minutes, 5 points or less diff.) our players stack up (Player impact rating) like this:
- Dirk 22.8
- Ellis 19.7
- Parsons 7.5

WATCH GAMES BEFORE YOU TALK

get the fvck off. even this years Dirk is better than carmeLOW.
carmelo with dalambert, larkin, calderon, hardeway, JR, AMARE with 5-22 in the east. go and suck carmelos beta d1ck. swallow all his meaningless all-star appearances and gtfo

23 7 3 on 46% > 19 6 2 on 47% and Dirk has a million weapons to take pressure off him, Melo has none.

ralph_i_el
12-19-2014, 10:48 PM
If there are 5-8 teams each season that are legit contenders, how can any team have "no excuse"

If you don't win a chip the excuse is that only one team can win it. Maybe once in a decade there's a team I'd bet on over the field.

FLDFSU
12-19-2014, 11:02 PM
Let the responses to this thread be a testament to the excuses accompanies Dirk Nowitzki. Even when his own damn coach stated he was out of shape:

Nowitzki will miss 4 games to improve conditioning

[I]Dirk Nowitzki sat out Dallas