PDA

View Full Version : Team Riley vs Team Jackson

Papaya Petee
12-19-2014, 02:41 PM
Best players that played for Riley vs Phil Jackson as coaches or GMS (Missed a few great players)

Team Riley
-------------
PG- Magic
SG- Wade
SF- LeBron
PF- Ewing
C- Kareem

key bench players- Worthy, Hardaway, Bosh, Shaq

Team Jackson
-------------
PG-Scottie Pippen
SG-Kobe Bryant
SF-Michael Jordan
PF-Pau Gasol
C- Shaquille O'Neal

key bench players- Rodman, Carmelo, Bynum, Kukoc

who wins?

imdaman99
12-19-2014, 02:44 PM
lol Jackson's had the most stacked lineups of all time with 3 top 10 players with the GOAT and MDOAT. Going with PJax.

Hizack
12-19-2014, 02:47 PM
Shaq is on both teams:applause: :applause:

KobesFinger
12-19-2014, 02:51 PM
I'd change the line-ups around for chemistry.

TonyD
12-19-2014, 02:55 PM
^

Yeah, I came in here to say "the team with Jordan," but the lineup OP posted is f*cked chemistry-wise.

KyleKong
12-19-2014, 03:07 PM
Micheal and Kobe on the same team? Lol, they would be the only ones shooting the ball.

r15mohd
12-19-2014, 03:14 PM
Micheal and Kobe on the same team? Lol, they would be the only ones shooting the ball.

MJ would make Kobe ride the bench and wait on the 2nd unit at the thought of him chucking away the possessions :lol

PJ's team should be:

Shaq
Malone/Gasol (toss-up)
Pippen
MJ
Glove

J Shuttlesworth
12-19-2014, 05:02 PM
MJ would make Kobe ride the bench and wait on the 2nd unit at the thought of him chucking away the possessions :lol

PJ's team should be:

Shaq
Malone/Gasol (toss-up)
Pippen
MJ
Glove
dat defense :applause:

Malone/Gasol a toss up though? :wtf: Oh I guess we're talking about the washed up Malone that played in LA? I'd probably take prime Gasol over washed up Malone

Genaro
12-19-2014, 05:09 PM

PJ's team should be:

Shaq
Malone/Gasol (toss-up)
Pippen
MJ
Glove
WTF :biggums:

Payton and Malone were washed up in 04. They don't get to start.

Even Harper and Odom would be a better pair.

Nash
12-19-2014, 08:08 PM
Magic, Lebron and Kareem. I like that team.

Also Pippen has no business in playing the PG position, he should start at SF with Jordan moving to SG and Kobe to PG.

Anyway, team Riley way more balanced.

SugarHill
12-19-2014, 08:09 PM
Phil

SamuraiSWISH
12-19-2014, 09:07 PM
Team Phil

305Baller
12-19-2014, 09:49 PM
Riley's in every way.

Magic>Pippen
Kareem>Shaq
Prime Wade>Bryant
Ewing>Gasol

Jordan might win it for Jackson if they are lucky.

Kvnzhangyay
12-19-2014, 09:50 PM
Riley's would be phenomenal

dreamwarrior
12-19-2014, 10:01 PM
Swap Ewing with Mourning and I'd say Team Riley has the advantage of better team chemistry

tpols
12-19-2014, 10:01 PM
Riley is a poor fit.. We already know lebron and Wade are redundant and mediocre fit.. Now you add another ball dominant guard who can't space the floor in magic.

Nash-tastic
12-19-2014, 11:51 PM
The team with Jordan and Prime Shaq. Kobe can come of the bench if needed :oldlol:

SugarHill
12-19-2014, 11:54 PM
Riley is a poor fit.. We already know lebron and Wade are redundant and mediocre fit.. Now you add another ball dominant guard who can't space the floor in magic.

How were they mediocre? :facepalm

Prometheus
12-19-2014, 11:57 PM
How were they mediocre? :facepalm

I'm pretty sure he's referring to how well their talents complimented one another. They were great because they were great - it was not a "the whole is greater than the sum of the parts". Ya dig?

Prometheus
12-20-2014, 12:03 AM
Best players that played for Riley vs Phil Jackson as coaches or GMS (Missed a few great players)

Team Riley
-------------
PG- Magic
SG- Wade
SF- LeBron
PF- Ewing
C- Kareem

key bench players- Worthy, Hardaway, Bosh, Shaq

Team Jackson
-------------
PG-Scottie Pippen
SG-Kobe Bryant
SF-Michael Jordan
PF-Pau Gasol
C- Shaquille O'Neal

key bench players- Rodman, Carmelo, Bynum, Kukoc

who wins?

Yeah... gotta fix those lineups babe.

Magic
Wade
LeBron
Worthy
Kareem

Harper
Jordan
Pippen
Rodman
Shaq

SugarHill
12-20-2014, 12:07 AM
I'm pretty sure he's referring to how well their talents complimented one another. They were great because they were great - it was not a "the whole is greater than the sum of the parts". Ya dig?

They were still dominant and Wade was only in his true prime for a single year. :confusedshrug:

Prometheus
12-20-2014, 12:38 AM
They were still dominant and Wade was only in his true prime for a single year. :confusedshrug:

Right... but the point is that they were a mediocre fit. They (mostly LeBron) were dominant players, so as a collective force they were great. But that greatness was no thanks to the meshing of their games, which itself was... mediocre.