PDA

View Full Version : OGT: Dec 19 Raptors (20-6) @ Pistons (5-21)

Legends66NBA7
12-19-2014, 07:35 PM
http://www.nba.com/games/20141219/TORDET/gameinfo.html?ls=slt

The Toronto Raptors are still seeking improvement even though they own the Eastern Conference's best record.

The Detroit Pistons are near the other end of the standings amid their worst single-season home losing streak in nearly half a century.

The Raptors will be in search of a fifth straight victory Friday night when they try to extend the Pistons' home slide to 12 games.

Toronto (20-6) posted a 105-89 home win over Brooklyn on Wednesday, gaining a measure of revenge against the team that knocked it out of the playoffs a season ago. Kyle Lowry had 20 points and 12 assists, and Jonas Valanciunas added 16 points and 10 rebounds for the Raptors, who reached 20 wins quicker than any team in club history.

"My hat is off to (the players)," coach Dwane Casey said. "But everybody in that room knows there are a lot of areas where we can get better."

There are clearly plenty of areas where Detroit (5-21) can improve. The Pistons fell 117-106 to Dallas on Wednesday for their 11th consecutive defeat at The Palace of Auburn Hills, marking their longest single-season home skid since a franchise-record 15 straight Dec. 6, 1966-Jan. 31, 1967.

Trade rumors are swirling around the Pistons, with Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings reportedly being shopped.

Smith, the team's second-leading scorer at 13.2 points per game, had seven points and four field-goal attempts Wednesday. It marked his lowest shot total since he took three April 13, 2011, with Atlanta.

Jennings, meanwhile, is shooting 24.1 percent in December for the lowest mark of any player with at least 50 attempts. He averaged 4.7 points during a string of seven straight games without reaching double digits before scoring 13 versus the Mavericks.

He could get untracked in the first game with Toronto since he averaged 21.0 points in last season's three meetings in his point guard matchup with Lowry, who averaged 22.7 and 7.3 assists in those games.

The Raptors swept the series for the second time in their history, winning by an average of 14.7 points.

Pistons center Andre Drummond averaged 12.0 points and 14.0 rebounds last season against the Raptors. Drummond was spectacular Wednesday with 19 points and 24 rebounds -- two shy of his career high.

"That was probably Andre's best game of the season, and it is definitely the hardest he has played all year," coach Stan Van Gundy said. "He was getting up and down the floor and he was active on defense."

Drummond is among the NBA leaders with 12.3 rebounds per game and 14 double-doubles. He figures to be matched up with Valanciunas, who has half of his eight double-doubles in the Raptors' last six games.

Toronto isn't taking anything for granted heading into a weekend in which it faces two of the East's worst teams, with New York visiting Sunday.

"Right now, my mind's beginning to think about Detroit and what we can do tomorrow, what we can do in shootaround to get ready for Detroit," Casey said after Wednesday's win. "We've got New York coming back through so we can't rest and think about a rivalry or whoever we're playing. We've got to go to next game."

andremiller07
12-19-2014, 07:43 PM
Free Greg Monroe

Rake2204
12-19-2014, 09:03 PM
Very strong Toronto contingent in the Palace tonight. Very clear "MVP" chants for Kyle Lowry on his two trips to the line.

JimmyMcAdocious
12-19-2014, 09:10 PM
What do you want the Pistons to do? Can they build off what they got after they move a piece or two? Or is it blow up mode, build around Drummond and KCP, I guess.

Rake2204
12-19-2014, 09:15 PM
What do you want the Pistons to do? Can they build off what they got after they move a piece or two? Or is it blow up mode, build around Drummond and KCP, I guess.Their situation is really tough for me to wrap my head around. I don't really have a great answer. They have pieces that could function, but just not as they're currently built.

So I guess I don't think everything needs to be blown up. But with Smith and Jennings due to leave at some point and Monroe likely bouncing as a free agent, a portion is going to blow up regardless.

I watch a lot of opposing team broadcasts, and a lot of them tend to play the "they're better than their record" card recently. I'd tend to agree. I just don't know how much better.

Qwyjibo
12-19-2014, 09:36 PM
Chuck Hayes > Hansbrough. Always. Regardless of opponent, matchup, whatever. Casey needs to realize this soon.

Rake2204
12-19-2014, 09:39 PM
Sidenote, my first time seeing Chuck Hayes this year. That's a big feller these days. Is he hovering around 300 now?

Prodigy
12-19-2014, 10:03 PM
Holy what a terrible fall by Fields.

n00bie
12-19-2014, 10:08 PM
Anyone else see that pool of blood below laundry fields' head before they cut to a commercial?!! :eek:

Finger Roll
12-19-2014, 10:10 PM
Anyone else see that pool of blood below laundry fields' head before they cut to a commercial?!! :eek:

you see falls like that in high school games.. but damn poor fields, looks like might be concussed and a possible shoulder injury:cry:

also gotta feel bad for Detroit.. Raptors fans are making it like a home game

Legends66NBA7
12-19-2014, 10:16 PM
Against these bad teams, Toronto seems to always play down to their competition and then turn it up. Got to play these games like you took care of the Bucks.

n00bie
12-19-2014, 10:19 PM
you see falls like that in high school games.. but damn poor fields, looks like might be concussed and a possible shoulder injury:cry:

also gotta feel bad for Detroit.. Raptors fans are making it like a home game

Yep probably a concession. That was a lot of blood! He looked really out of it too.

BurningHammer
12-19-2014, 10:21 PM
Could only listen to the radio for a while, but damn travelling Raptor fans! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Finger Roll
12-19-2014, 10:25 PM
im streaming it on fox detroit station. makes you appreciate the raptors broadcast teams. they provide a lot of great insight, not that these guys are all that bad though.

Legends66NBA7
12-19-2014, 10:26 PM
Could only listen to the radio for a while, but damn travelling Raptor fans! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I was out because of Bell. Just recently switched from Rogers to Bell and realized that I have to subscribe.

I'll check the replay to see what I missed, but I'm pretty sure it will be the Raps playing down their competition before turning it up. They've done it this whole streak IMO.

Legends66NBA7
12-19-2014, 10:32 PM
Drummond is a clown. Don't get mad because you got dunked on.

SugarHill
holy shit that dunk

lmao @ drummond

James Johnson would murder dude and then he thought he could step to a guy whose legs weight more than he does lol

BurningHammer
im streaming it on fox detroit station. makes you appreciate the raptors broadcast teams. they provide a lot of great insight, not that these guys are all that bad though.
I don't know about radio covering from Pistons side. Paul Jones has been very good as a color commentator so far and E Smith is a play-by-play announcer in training so give him more time.

Rake2204
12-19-2014, 10:33 PM
I need some vids of each of those plays.

That Johnson flush was dirty.

Legends66NBA7
12-19-2014, 10:33 PM
holy shit that dunk

lmao @ drummond

James Johnson would murder dude and then he thought he could step to a guy whose legs weight more than he does lol

James Johnson is the last man anyone in the NBA wants to fight. Love Hayes too for going right at him; ditto for the rest of the team.

brwnman
12-19-2014, 10:34 PM
I hope they keep Drummond in the game, so James Johnson can crown him again.

BurningHammer
12-19-2014, 10:34 PM
When Landry went down, I could clearly hear very loud "WE DA NORTH!" chants from the radio. That was awesome. :applause:

"LET'S GO BRUNO!" chants soon. :D

BurningHammer
12-19-2014, 10:35 PM
James Johnson is the last man anyone in the NBA wants to fight. Love Hayes too for going right at him; ditto for the rest of the team.
Raps do have a good collection of goons, JJ, Hays and a man they called Psycho T.

SugarHill
12-19-2014, 10:37 PM
I need some vids of each of those plays.

That Johnson flush was dirty.
I'll gif both the flagrant and the dunk soon bruh

n00bie
12-19-2014, 10:39 PM
I'll gif both the flagrant and the dunk soon bruh

:cheers:

Legends66NBA7
12-19-2014, 10:39 PM
I hope they keep Drummond in the game, so James Johnson can crown him again.

James will do more than crown him.

brwnman
12-19-2014, 10:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzpg2iN4erE

BurningHammer
12-19-2014, 10:43 PM
Send in the 3rd line already, Casey!

http://rk.wsimgs.com/wsimgs/rk/images/dp/wcm/201470/0046/img90c.jpg

BurningHammer
12-19-2014, 10:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzpg2iN4erE
Three words; sick, wicked and nasty.

Legends66NBA7
12-19-2014, 10:48 PM
Fields injury earlier.

http://giant.gfycat.com/DeepBadAstarte.gif

BurningHammer
12-19-2014, 10:52 PM
Fields injury earlier.

http://giant.gfycat.com/DeepBadAstarte.gif
In pro wrestling term, he landed well enough (shoulders and arms first) and it looks a lot better than what I heard. Still, he is no pro wrestler and that is a hardwood. :(

Get well soon.

Legends66NBA7
12-19-2014, 10:56 PM
Just found the full play, if Moe hasn't already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLi2o__VbpE

BurningHammer
12-19-2014, 10:59 PM

Suspension worthy.

SugarHill
12-19-2014, 11:13 PM

/
nice

making it now

Finger Roll
12-19-2014, 11:14 PM
I think I made a thread last season saying Jonas would be a better player than Drummond and people laughed at me. I know Andre isn't on a team that can really help him right now, but I feel like Val will pan out to have the better career.

In a few years Val will have a nice polished offensive game. Finishes well around the rim, has a good pump fake, soft hook, good little 8 footer and great foul shooter.

If he had plays run for him, he could put up 16 a game this season no problem.

I don't see much of Drummond, but he just doesn't seem to have the intensity and chip that Jonas will play with and only develop more with confidence.

Anyone else starting to see it this way?

Legends66NBA7
12-20-2014, 12:08 AM
I think I made a thread last season saying Jonas would be a better player than Drummond and people laughed at me. I know Andre isn't on a team that can really help him right now, but I feel like Val will pan out to have the better career.

In a few years Val will have a nice polished offensive game. Finishes well around the rim, has a good pump fake, soft hook, good little 8 footer and great foul shooter.

I don't see much of Drummond, but he just doesn't seem to have the intensity and chip that Jonas will play with and only develop more with confidence.

Well, I've always seen it that way and what really helps JV (in terms of having the better career/player) is that he has the better team around him and with that comes better leadership. The skills just do it for me, while Drummond (while he tries hard) doesn't have the polish nor the same moves that JV has.

Drummond will still be a great rebounder and all, but that's the only thing I see him great as. JV can be good/great at more facets of the game.

BurningHammer
12-20-2014, 04:03 AM
http://instagram.com/p/wzHDBkpPnF

It was like Masai invited off-season TFC fans to go for a free road trip to Detroit. :oldlol: :rockon: :cheers: :applause:

andremiller07
12-20-2014, 04:10 AM

They are both overrated and shit tbh, Greg Mornoe >>>both combined.