PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson desperately needs to coach the knicks.

Real14
12-20-2014, 04:57 PM
Phil seems like the perfect guy to do this. Right now he would be the only coach that Melo would listen to, others would finally follow in team unison and they can start winning games. Derek Fisher right now cant help this team unless he change his coaching ways. Phil needs to coach cuz I know deep down inside the knicks losing is irritating the shit out of him. Phil recently went back and forth with known knick hater with no rings Barkley and I feel like something is definitely going to happen. Phil needs to coach and be at a position where he's obviously great at instead of just being a GM that really cant help to knicks win games. Do it Phil:(

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Phil-Jackson-reiterates-he-has-no-intentions-of-coaching..jpg

LAZERUSS
12-20-2014, 04:59 PM
If Spoelstra can't get a Heat team with Wade and Bosh to .500, there is no hope for PJ getting this cast of clowns there, either.

Real14
12-20-2014, 05:01 PM
If Spoelstra can't get a Heat team with Wade and Bosh to .500, there is no hope for PJ getting this cast of clowns there, either.
You comparing Spoelstra to Phil???:biggums: You sir are dismissed:coleman:

Rameek
12-20-2014, 05:04 PM
Phil wont coach this team are you shitting me? He needs actually leave Montana and figure out how to get talent or draft picks!

Real14
12-20-2014, 05:07 PM
Phil wont coach this team are you shitting me? He needs actually leave Montana and figure out how to get talent or draft picks!

He should man. Melo is the main problem here and right now I don't see him listening to Fisher like that. Like I said, unless Fisher change his coaching ways then maybe we have a chance.

hawkfan
12-20-2014, 05:10 PM
No, the Knicks need to tank this season and get a chance at Okafor or Mundiay (sp?).

The Knicks should trade Calderon (to the Kings for Derrick Williams's expiring contract) and send Dalembert to the Hawks for an expirer.

Melo should get knee surgery and sit the rest of the season.

Young players like Jason Smith, Hardaway, Shumpert, Larkin, et al, need to get as many minutes as possible.

This season for the Knicks is over.

KobesFinger
12-20-2014, 05:13 PM
Theres only so much one coach can do. Idiots + Melo + Triangle offence is a recipe for disaster.

In the words of Jaz-O

"Even John Stockton couldn't assist you"

Rameek
12-20-2014, 05:16 PM
He should man. Melo is the main problem here and right now I don't see him listening to Fisher like that. Like I said, unless Fisher change his coaching ways then maybe we have a chance.
The coach isnt the problem... anyone that blames him is delusional!

Smook A.
12-20-2014, 05:19 PM
Knicks still going to win 25 at most

christian1923
12-20-2014, 05:20 PM
Tank for okafor. I have no problem losing this year

LAZERUSS
12-20-2014, 05:22 PM
You comparing Spoelstra to Phil???:biggums: You sir are dismissed:coleman:

So going to four finals in his first two years, and winning two rings in that time doesn't compare to Jackson's coaching career?

Take away Michael and Shaq, and how many rings would Phil have won?

Foster5k
12-20-2014, 05:24 PM
Phil Jackson is going to get a pass just because he's the Zen Master. However, sooner or later he's going to have to prove he's capable of doing the job he was assigned/paid to do. He'll be given adequate time to restructure the Knicks, but the clock is ticking. So far, I haven't been impressed.

SouBeachTalents
12-20-2014, 05:26 PM

Wade & Bosh have barely played together this year

SouBeachTalents
12-20-2014, 05:27 PM
So going to four finals in his first two years, and winning two rings in that time doesn't compare to Jackson's coaching career?

He still won in '09 & '10 with a cast less talented than the '11-'13 Heat

Real14
12-20-2014, 05:30 PM
The coach isnt the problem... anyone that blames him is delusional!

Derek Fisher isn't the worst coach but he still have to stop calling timeouts at the wrong time of the game, stop subbing players at the wrong time of the game, and when we are close in the beginning of 4th quarters like today and Thursday, he should not let our star players sit out too long letting the other teams get runs and eventually win the game. Fisher has a lot to learn.

Real14
12-20-2014, 05:32 PM
Knicks still going to win 25 at most

Not listening. Who's next?

Real14
12-20-2014, 05:33 PM
Theres only so much one coach can do. Idiots + Melo + Triangle offence is a recipe for disaster.

In the words of Jaz-O

"Even John Stockton couldn't assist you"

Phil is a wayyy better coach than fisher man. Like I said Melo would listen to him.

Foster5k
12-20-2014, 05:34 PM
Derek Fisher isn't the worst coach but he still have to stop calling timeouts at the wrong time of the game, stop subbing players at the wrong time of the game, and when we are close in the beginning of 4th quarters like today and Friday, he should not let our star players sit out too long letting the other teams get runs and eventually win the game. Fisher has a lot to learn.
Jason Kidd had the same problems and probably worse than Fisher when he started. Now, Kidd looks to be doing a decent job. Give Fisher some time. He's in a bad situation that nobody really wanted. Steve Kerr knew better.

Real14
12-20-2014, 05:35 PM
Tank for okafor. I have no problem losing this year
seems cool but remember about a lot of top 5 picks that didn't do so well in the past. Thats why I hate tanking, especially when it deals with us.

sportsfan76
12-20-2014, 05:38 PM

The fact that you compared Phil to Spoelstra lets me know you are slightly retarded

sportsfan76
12-20-2014, 05:40 PM

Cancel your internet:facepalm

Legends66NBA7
12-20-2014, 05:45 PM
Phil isn't coaching again.

Patrick Chewing
12-20-2014, 05:51 PM
Knicks need to go after Dragic and another FA next year and draft Okafor.

Dragic
Hardaway
Melo
Millsap
Okafor

Dragic
Hardaway
Melo
Okafor
Monroe

Phil Jackson as coach.

LAZERUSS
12-20-2014, 05:53 PM
The fact that you compared Phil to Spoelstra lets me know you are slightly retarded

Spoelstra has only coached for 4+ years. His success rate has been staggering. Four finals, and two rings. Jackson went to three finals, and won three rings in his first six seasons.

How do you know how Spoelstra's career will pan out? Did anyone think Jackson was a HOF coach in his first season?

MellowYellow
12-20-2014, 05:55 PM
Derek Fisher isn't the worst coach but he still have to stop calling timeouts at the wrong time of the game, stop subbing players at the wrong time of the game, and when we are close in the beginning of 4th quarters like today and Thursday, he should not let our star players sit out too long letting the other teams get runs and eventually win the game. Fisher has a lot to learn.

Just be glad most of this roster will be purged come July, this team isn't turning it around. 8 guys are just out there playing for contracts cause they know they won't be on the knicks next year. they could care less about l's and w's.

SouBeachTalents
12-20-2014, 05:57 PM
Spoelstra has only coached for 4+ years. His success rate has been staggering. Four finals, and two rings. Jackson went to three finals, and won three rings in his first six seasons.

How do you know how Spoelstra's career will pan out? Did anyone think Jackson was a HOF coach in his first season?

Wrong, Spo's been the coach since the '08-'09 season

Hey Yo
12-20-2014, 06:09 PM
How about ditching the triangle all together? It's not the cure all to end all losing.

Kerr isn't using it and GS is doing just fine.

LAZERUSS
12-20-2014, 06:22 PM
How about ditching the triangle all together? It's not the cure all to end all losing.

Kerr isn't using it and GS is doing just fine.

The Triangle works great with rosters that have MJ-Pippen, and Shaq-Kobe. Not so great without them.

smoovegittar
12-20-2014, 06:30 PM
No, the Knicks need to tank this season and get a chance at Okafor or Mundiay (sp?).

The Knicks should trade Calderon (to the Kings for Derrick Williams's expiring contract) and send Dalembert to the Hawks for an expirer.

Young players like Jason Smith, Hardaway, Shumpert, Larkin, et al, need to get as many minutes as possible.

Word. :applause:

smoovegittar
12-20-2014, 06:33 PM

We're tanking, man. They don't want to win, but they gotta go thru the motions. I stopped watching the obvious games...all losses.

MellowYellow
12-20-2014, 06:40 PM

:biggums:

And Melo needs to play if he is capable, have to showcase him for potential free agents.

midatlantic09
12-20-2014, 06:50 PM
I'd like to see this for the simple fact that it would confirm whether or not he's a truly top notch coach.

niko
12-20-2014, 07:07 PM
Let's make tons of panic changes in the midst of a season we are tanking for a high pick. That makes lots of sense. OP is a genius and I'm not just being sarcastic. Instead of trying to get the pick now that our season is ****ed, let's make tons of changes, become decent, and get a shitty pick and ruin our future at the same time.

We are going to suck this year, everyone needs to get the **** over it. That's it.

gts
12-20-2014, 07:32 PM
Since MSG bought the Forum in Inglewood the Knicks can have all their practices there... it's only 15 minutes from Phil's house

sfballa13
12-20-2014, 07:53 PM

I have never laughed this hard in my life

You are arguing Spoelstra is a better coach than Jackson by qualifying that Phil had MJ and Shaq

Spoelstra had Lebron/Wade/Bosh in a historically weak East

Phil Jackson is one of the greatest coaches in NBA history i think his 13 championships (11 while coaching) speak for themselves.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKMngeJCYAAybu6.jpg:large

Yep Spoelstra is definitely better :roll: :roll: :lol :lol

20Four
12-20-2014, 08:47 PM
You comparing Spo to PJ? LMAO go flip burgers you fakkit

DDensity
12-20-2014, 09:19 PM
Outside of New York, is anyone surprised by the record of this Knicks team? Look at the damn roster, they are terrible. God could coach this team and it wouldn't make a difference. Did people just expect Melo to win games by himself? I personally think he's overrated as well (mentally fragile, plays no defense, etc.).

No GM can make an appreciable impact right away, it takes years. The same can be said about expecting a coach to have his talent *exceed* expectations. The Knicks are right where I expected them to be right now. I'm not sure if Popovitch could get this band of morons to play any better, it's just a low IQ team all around.

This is a bad team. People need to stop acting surprised about what's happening. You were on the right track a few years ago until you blew your load wanting to get Melo a few months before free agency. Since then it's been one bad move after another. It took Donnie Walsh nearly a decade to clean up Isiah's mess and it's going to be no different for Phil.

Nikola_
12-20-2014, 09:21 PM
He aint touching dat w/l record

MellowYellow
12-20-2014, 09:21 PM
Outside of New York, is anyone surprised by the record of this Knicks team? Look at the damn roster, they are terrible. God could coach this team and it wouldn't make a difference. Did people just expect Melo to win games by himself? I personally think he's overrated as well (mentally fragile, plays no defense, etc.).

No GM can make an appreciable impact right away, it takes years. The same can be said about expecting a coach to have his talent *exceed* expectations. The Knicks are right where I expected them to be right now. I'm not sure if Popovitch could get this band of morons to play any better, it's just a low IQ team all around.

This is a bad team. People need to stop acting surprised about what's happening. You were on the right track a few years ago until you blew your load wanting to get Melo a few months before free agency. Since then it's been one bad move after another. It took Donnie Walsh nearly a decade to clean up Isiah's mess and it's going to be no different for Phil.

They didn't give up anything, Wilson and Gallo are average players. Their mistake was overpaying amare and chandler. Then wasting their amnesty on billups

Smook A.
12-20-2014, 09:22 PM
Not listening. Who's next?
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10588999&postcount=1

Just wanted to remind you how wrong you were. Such a huge backfire (http://i789.photobucket.com/albums/yy172/SebastianMehenka/backfire.gif).

kunk75
12-20-2014, 09:42 PM
melo should kill himself at half time of the all-star game. only thing that could improve morale at msg

TheBigVeto
12-22-2014, 12:55 AM
There is no way PJ can coach these bunch to the playoffs in Eastern Conference. He doesn't know how to coach, he just rode Jordan's and David Stern's coattails for his rings.

Even Scott Brooks is a better coach than PJ, and that dude isn't even good.