PDA

View Full Version : How many active players would you consider transcendent (career wise)? And who's next

RRR3
12-20-2014, 09:13 PM
Tim Duncan
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James

Are the top 3 obviously.

Then

Kevin Garnett
Dwyane Wade
Dirk Nowitzki
Kevin Durant (early but still)
Chris Paul?

Who do you see going down as a transcendent player?

JohnMax
12-20-2014, 09:16 PM
Duncan

big drop off

Kobe
Wade
Lebron
Nowtizki

MavsSuperFan
12-20-2014, 09:31 PM
What do you mean by transcendent? If you mean popular outside of basketball or sports fans than Duncan is wrong. I associate with a lot of non sports fans and they were shocked when Lebron lost last year. They were like "I cant believe lebron lost to a team of nobodies"

Are you just using transcendent to mean really good at basketball or having accomplished a lot?

chocolatethunder
12-20-2014, 09:32 PM
Tim Duncan
Kobe Bryant
LeBron James

Are the top 3 obviously.

Then

Kevin Garnett
Dwyane Wade
Dirk Nowitzki
Kevin Durant (early but still)
Chris Paul?

Who do you see going down as a transcendent player?
Do you know what that word means?

MavsSuperFan
12-20-2014, 09:42 PM
Basketball players that would be known to non-basketball fans

Lebron
Kobe
Griffin
Durant
Wade
CP3

Exciting players that win tend to become popular among non-sports fans.

Eg. Dunks, blocks, flashy passing, ball handling.

Kyrie Irving, Westbrook, John Wall and the brow are probably going to make bank off the court very soon

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-20-2014, 09:43 PM
What do you mean by transcendent? If you mean popular outside of basketball or sports fans than Duncan is wrong. I associate with a lot of non sports fans and they were shocked when Lebron lost last year. They were like "I cant believe lebron lost to a team of nobodies"

Are you just using transcendent to mean really good at basketball or having accomplished a lot?

In basketball terminology, I consider "transcendent" to be a superstar that can withstand ANY era. Who's star shines amongst the brightest.

LeBron/Kobe/Durant fit that bill, IMO.

Kvnzhangyay
12-20-2014, 09:44 PM
In basketball termonology, I consider "transcendent" to be a superstar that can withstand ANY era. Who's star the shines amongst the brightest.

LeBron, Kobe and Durant fit the bill, IMO.

To be honest that would be every great player

Duncan, Dirk, KG, ones you mentioned, etc