PDA

View Full Version : I called in sick two weeks ago but now feel like I have the flu...

russwest0
12-21-2014, 11:10 AM
Will my job fire me if I call in sick again today?

Two weeks ago I was dehydrated and didn't have any energy and couldn't work.

Yesterday I battled flu like symptoms and today it's gotten worse. I woke up with a super sore throat and a huge fever... and at my job I have to be out in the cold for a lot of the day.... also I'm pretty sure it's the flu because one of my roommates has it and I've smoked after him and stuff.

what should I do?

Bless Mathews
12-21-2014, 11:15 AM
Buck the fucc up , take you some DayQuil and go to work.

Stop being beta.

Asking questions about what to do all the time is beta as fucc.

Put your big boy pants on and step up.

russwest0
12-21-2014, 11:18 AM
Buck the fucc up , take you some DayQuil and go to work.

Stop being beta.

Asking questions about what to do all the time is beta as fucc.

Put your big boy pants on and step up.

It's not a matter of indecision or anything, it's just me wondering what most shitty retail jobs policies are on calling in sick so close together and being a relatively new employee...

I don't have any work experience to know if it's legit something you can be fired for, and I know going into work will only make it worse...

Bless Mathews
12-21-2014, 11:31 AM
It's not a matter of indecision or anything, it's just me wondering what most shitty retail jobs policies are on calling in sick so close together and being a relatively new employee...

I don't have any work experience to know if it's legit something you can be fired for, and I know going into work will only make it worse...

So, if you need/want your job, step up and go.

They see your sick, and if they are the type that don't want sick people at work they'll send you home. And give you a gold star for not being beta and calling in.

What would Westbrook do? He'd be on the court trying to dunk on people then throw up on em.

Buck up.

CavaliersFTW
12-21-2014, 11:34 AM
Already called in sick once? At this point best to just not show up and say you forgot you were scheduled. Boss will fire you if you try and pull that "sick" shit twice.

russwest0
12-21-2014, 11:41 AM
jesus christ I hate my job lol.

I looked up employee reviews for them and they have a 1.5 star average.

the other day they scheduled a meeting for 6 AM just 4 days in advance and made it mandatory... I had to work at 10 AM the same day... I woke up and went to the meeting and all it was was the manager, some **** bitch who pisses off all the women who work here, telling the women that the drama is done and we need to start acting like grown ups because we aren't 2 years old....

was the most pointless shit ever and I woke up sick that day, went to the meeting, came home and couldn't fall back asleep....

god I hate my f*cking job cause firing you for getting sick is the type of **** shit that they'd do... looks like I have to go into work....

Kblaze8855
12-21-2014, 01:27 PM
Go to work. If you seem too bad they will send you home. The only reason to call out when you can get up and about is a concern for getting others sick.

Im so nba'd out
12-21-2014, 01:35 PM
This is your flu game like jordan in the finals. Go to work and have the best day of work ever :applause:.Have them toilets so clean that you could eat off them and make sure that every stall has a fresh supply of toilet paper

russwest0
12-21-2014, 03:40 PM
God damn, today sucks ass

IamRAMBO24
12-21-2014, 03:48 PM
It'll be fine if you have a doctor's note. Always present a doctor's note, even if you don't need to go to one. This way your boss knows you were sick and not making up excuses. He might be ok with the first sick excuse, but he might question your work ethic the second time around.

Tell your boss you don't feel well and you don't want to spread the flu, so you're gonna go to the doctor's to get it check it out.

You should be fine.

russwest0
12-21-2014, 03:57 PM
Worst part about my job is that they don't do lunches or breaks, no matter how many hours you work.

I might have a new much better job, I'm just awaiting a phone call. Until then I better play it safe.

KyrieTheFuture
12-21-2014, 05:01 PM
Worst part about my job is that they don't do lunches or breaks, no matter how many hours you work.

I might have a new much better job, I'm just awaiting a phone call. Until then I better play it safe.
I highly doubt that.

Kblaze8855
12-21-2014, 06:00 PM
Yea they cant deny you lunch after 6 hours......

Smoke117
12-21-2014, 06:14 PM
Already called in sick once? At this point best to just not show up and say you forgot you were scheduled. Boss will fire you if you try and pull that "sick" shit twice.

:oldlol: I did that before when I was younger and worked at Target. My car was in the shop and it was a hour half hour walk to work. That morning I decided to get stoned and when it came time to get ready and walk to work in the hot summer weather I gave a "**** it", no showed, and made that excuse the next day I was scheduled.