PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever seen a ghost?

Duderonomy
12-21-2014, 02:43 PM
I actually have had many experiences with the super natural which I will share later.

when I was driving home late in the day, sun setting in front of me and I was driving through a small rural town I've driven through hundreds of times. Right before you enter the town there's a cemetery on on the left. Not a run down older one, but a cemetery nonetheless. As I was approaching it, I saw what appeared to be someone in a hole, with a shovel, tossing dirt out, as if they were digging the grave. I saw it and that's what registered in my mind. I drove on past, but those next two blocks I had a weird feeling. So I turned around and drove back to the cemetery, which was now on my right. I drove right to where I saw the gravedigger and pulled over, and saw no gravedigger, and absolutely no disturbed ground at all in that area. So I pointed my company car West again and drove home thinking about what I saw.

gigantes
12-21-2014, 02:53 PM
Have you ever seen a ghost?
i'm a nets fan, so yes... all the time.

Draz
12-21-2014, 02:59 PM
When I was around 6 or 7. Maybe a little older idk. Was sleeping with my mom and dad, I look a few feat away and I see a ghostly figure of my mom hanging clothes glowing. I'll never forget that shit. I wasn't dreaming either. No one has to believe me.

sweggeh
12-21-2014, 03:43 PM
Last time I saw a ghost was in the summer of 2010. It was seen over a number of nights in the Dallas area. There were actually a lot of witnesses.

CavaliersFTW
12-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Rest assured, you've never seen a ghost. They don't exist.

KyrieTheFuture
12-21-2014, 05:11 PM
No and neither have you, regardless of what you may think.

mehyaM24
12-21-2014, 05:17 PM
didn't happen to me, but my younger sister. so i guess she and her boyfriend were driving home from a concert, tired but still conscience enough to be behind the wheel....anyway, about a few streets away from their house, she randomly looks at her rearview mirror and sees what looked to be a DARK figure sitting in her back seat. a gangly looking man dressed in all black JUST sitting there and staring right back at her... she panics and screams, waking up her boyfriend who is asking WTF is wrong?!?! confused, in the middle of the street, she pushes on the brakes, frantically shouting that she saw a man in the backseat...

her boyfriend thought she was just "tired" (and probably on something lol).... so eventually they get home, and as soon as they walk in, her roomate at the time, is in the kitchen with her phone, saying she had to tell them something. my sister interrupted, telling her to wait, saying that SHE had something CRAZY to tell HER....my sister explains what she saw, and her roomate literally begins to turn white as a ghost... in a quiet, monotone voice, her roomate said she saw the SAME thing just minutes before, after she got off work. a dark figure that looked like a tall man, staring right back at her with with an evil and menacing look.

guess they both started to cry and the boyfriend was just standing there in shock...looking completely baffled.

i remember when she had first told me this...sent shivers down my spine. not that i don't believe in ghosts, its just...i'm sort of a skeptical person....after hearing that story, idk what to believe.

CavaliersFTW
12-21-2014, 05:26 PM
didn't happen to me, but my younger sister. so i guess she and her boyfriend were driving home from a concert, tired but still conscience enough to be behind the wheel....anyway, about a few streets away from their house, she randomly looks at her rearview mirror and sees what looked to be a DARK figure sitting in her back seat. a gangly looking man dressed in all black JUST sitting there and staring right back at her... she panics and screams, waking up her boyfriend who is asking WTF is wrong?!?! confused, she pulls the brakes in the middle of the street, frantically shouting that she saw a man in the backseat...

her boyfriend thought she was just "tired" (and probably on something lol).... so eventually they get home, and as soon as they walk in, her roomate at the time, is in the kitchen with her phone, saying she had to tell them something. my sister interrupted, telling her to wait, saying that SHE had something CRAZY to tell HER....my sister explains what she saw, and her roomate literally begins to turn white as a ghost... in a quiet, monotone voice, her roomate said she saw the SAME thing just minutes before, after she got off work. a dark figure that looked like a tall man, staring right back at her with with an evil and menacing look.

guess they both started to cry and the boyfriend was just standing there in shock...looking completely baffled.

i remember when she had first told me this...sent shivers down my spine. not that i don't believe in ghosts, its just...i'm sort of a skeptical person....after hearing that story, idk what to believe.
Ever seen a ghost of a t-rex before? How about an ichthyosaur. Perhaps a ghost of a prehistoric rat, or rhinoceros? If not, why? There have been hundreds of trillions of living breathing lifeforms that walked/swam/flew on this earth who's lives were cut short and died tragically in the prime of their lives which according to modern humans would merit coming back as a "ghost". How about a ghost of a worm do worms have ghosts? Would a virologist ever see the ghost of a virus under a microscope? Ever seen a ghost of a 10,000 year old human? How about a 100,000 year old human? How come nobody ever reports seeing ghosts of different species of Human, like Neanderthal, Homo Erectus, Homo florensis etc. Actually, why couldn't archaeologists actually USE ghosts scientifically to fill in the gaps of the fossil record... if bones and such can be used for science why can't ghosts?

Oh that's right. Ghosts don't actually exist and are entirely limited by the imagination of the person "seeing" it. "Ghost" is just a blanket term for some idiot filling in the blanks of his mind "I don't know what I saw ...therefore GHOST!"

mehyaM24
12-21-2014, 05:35 PM
Ever seen a ghost of a t-rex before? How about an ichthyosaur. Perhaps a ghost of a prehistoric rat, or rhinoceros? If not, why? There have been hundreds of trillions of living breathing lifeforms that walked/swam/flew on this earth who's lives were cut short and died tragically in the prime of their lives which according to modern humans would merit coming back as a "ghost". How about a ghost of a worm do worms have ghosts? Would a virologist ever see the ghost of a virus under a microscope? Ever seen a ghost of a 10,000 year old human? How about a 100,000 year old human? How come nobody ever reports seeing ghosts of different species of Human, like Neanderthal, Homo Erectus, Homo florensis etc. Actually, why couldn't archaeologists actually USE ghosts scientifically to fill in the gaps of the fossil record... if bones and such can be used for science why can't ghosts?

Oh that's right. Ghosts don't actually exist and are entirely limited by the imagination of the person "seeing" it. "Ghost" is just a blanket term for some idiot filling in the blanks of his mind "I don't know what I saw ...therefore GHOST!"

you don't think its strange that her roomate saw the SAME looking figure (someone they have NEVER seen before) just minutes before?

like i said, im not sure i believe in "ghosts" (never seen one).....but that is some trippy shit right there.

CavaliersFTW
12-21-2014, 05:53 PM
you don't think its strange that her roomate saw the SAME looking figure (someone they have NEVER seen before) just minutes before?

like i said, im not sure i believe in "ghosts" (never seen one).....but that is some trippy shit right there.
Trippy shit? Wouldn't it be really trippy to see just ONE triceratops ghost? Billions of them walked the earth, they were pretty big and easy to spot. Maybe since an Asteroid hit the earth 65 million years ago we should see whole GHOST HERDS of the several million triceratops that were alive in North America at the exact moment of getting incinerated? Or if ghosts need to be more recent what about the 70 million American Bison we slaughtered down to only 1,000 animals in the span of 20 or 30 years, shouldn't millions of them be ghosts since American settlers slaughtered them in the prime of their lives only 150 years ago?

I think two young women who are easily freaked out to the point that seeing shadows makes them cry is a lot more likely than them seeing the exact same "ghost" of some mysterious human figure. (that was modern enough to feel inclined to sit in the backseat of a moving car)

I bet if probed in a blind test, neither one of them would have described the same "figure". (IE, ask them independently to describe said "figure"... it would be different. One would probably say it had a hood or some easily identifiable detail the other would not have seen, both would describe key features the other one fails to mention, some would be contradictory etc.)

People get freaked out by stupid shit all the time. The answer to everyone's freaky experiences isn't "ghosts". The concept of ghosts is impossible define and never makes sense. We should see tons of ghosts of ANYTHING that lived, not just fellow human like figures that seem to have no trouble interacting with our modern homes, automobiles, and lives..

gigantes
12-21-2014, 06:55 PM

hey, you're pretty interesting for a cavs fan!

did you see that newly-discovered deepest fish in the world (lo. mariana trench) with the funny dog face?

CavaliersFTW
12-21-2014, 07:10 PM
hey, you're pretty interesting for a cavs fan!

did you see that newly-discovered deepest fish in the world (lo. mariana trench) with the funny dog face?
Yes very cool!

gigantes
12-21-2014, 07:15 PM
Yes very cool!
so what interesting thing have you seen recently? a lot of cool science findings lately.

greets from the bar at the Mex place in shaker square!

n00bie
12-21-2014, 07:55 PM
Never seen one with my own eyes.. However, when I was 12, my room's door slammed shut right in front of me, I was home alone and there was no draft as all the windows were closed (it was winter)

Scared the shit out of me. Especially how hard the door slammed shut.

CavaliersFTW
12-21-2014, 09:10 PM
so what interesting thing have you seen recently? a lot of cool science findings lately.

greets from the bar at the Mex place in shaker square!
I don't recall the last time I read anything groundbreaking I do like to maintain enough general knowledge of how stuff works to be dangerous tho :lol

You from around the Shaker Square area or just in town for the holidays? That's not too far from my area, I live a half hour or so East of Clev and commute to work downtown every day :cheers:

joe
12-21-2014, 09:27 PM
In my family house, a baby died in one of the bedrooms. It happened like 26-30 years ago. Anyway, years later my older brother was staying in that room while on vacation. He had an episode of sleep paralysis and was hallucinating a giant babies head looking at him. He said it was one of the most terrifying things that ever happened to him.

So, a couple years later, he is staying in that room again. This time he has his daughter, who is 3-4 years old, and her Mother staying as well. One night, around 3AM, their daughter (my niece) woke up crying hysterically. Her Mom is saying hey, whats wrong, dont worry I am here for you. And my niece says, YOURE NOT MY MOMMY and starts crying even harder.

Ghosts? I dont know but it was pretty creepy. llol

nathanjizzle
12-21-2014, 09:49 PM
i woke up in the middle of the night, perhaps around 2 am. decided to take a drive around. i live about 2 blocks away from a cemetery and there is a cadillac dealership near it. so im driving, listening to music minding my own business and as i approach the dealership i see this old white really pal guy in the lot looking at one of the cars. I think to myself "wtf is a guy doing car shopping in the middle of the night". then it hit me, this guy was a ghost. He was extremely pale, did not move, and just stood there looking down into the car. i passed him and iddnt believe that i was seeing a ghost, as i passed him i looked in my rear view to see if i can see him and he wasnt there in the parking lot no more. Then my attention was, **** i hope he doesnt appear inside my car, i drove away, did not even look in the rearview or look back into the back of my car. :cry:

gigantes
12-22-2014, 02:08 AM
I don't recall the last time I read anything groundbreaking I do like to maintain enough general knowledge of how stuff works to be dangerous tho :lol

You from around the Shaker Square area or just in town for the holidays? That's not too far from my area, I live a half hour or so East of Clev and commute to work downtown every day :cheers:
i grew up mainly in philly, but i moved here a few years ago when my daddy was in the final years of his cancer battle.

sorry if this is out of line, but cleveland actually seems like a fairly back-stabbing kind of place. midwestern charm upfront, but... not so much vengeance, but complete disregard lurking underneath.

or maybe i just don't like my particular CLE girlfriends. :oldlol:

btw bro, i saw a recent article claiming to find material evidence of dark matter. that's fluffing huge, you know?

CavaliersFTW
12-22-2014, 03:08 AM
i grew up mainly in philly, but i moved here a few years ago when my daddy was in the final years of his cancer battle.

sorry if this is out of line, but cleveland actually seems like a fairly back-stabbing kind of place. midwestern charm upfront, but... not so much vengeance, but complete disregard lurking underneath.

or maybe i just don't like my particular CLE girlfriends. :oldlol:

btw bro, i saw a recent article claiming to find material evidence of dark matter. that's fluffing huge, you know?
Haha no offense taken I would have no way of validating you're observation as I've only ever lived in Pittsburgh outside of the Cleveland area when I was away at school years back. I personally liked Cleveland better, but that's probably because all my friends are up here.

Due to downtime at work and/or boredom at night I'll watch like 2 documentaries a day on misc "science" or history or w/e other pseudo-intellectual topic you can think of (barring politics or religion), including things like dark matter so that is a topic I'm loosely familiar with. My understanding is they convert mines and build detectors deep underground to filter out cosmic background noise, and yeah last I knew they hadn't yet measured a single "particle" or w/e of dark matter. Isn't the universe estimated to be like 4% visible matter, 20 something % dark matter, and 70 something percent dark energy, or something like that? - the latter two being things we know very little about because we haven't yet directly detected/observed them? I'm going to have to freshen up on this, I've been an archaeological binge lately as opposed to sciences of the universe :lol

Follow any news of the Mars Curiosity rover?

gigantes
12-22-2014, 07:29 AM
oh, those are the deep neutrino-collecting pits, i think.

BBL

deja vu
12-22-2014, 09:35 AM
No. But I believe I've heard one. Back in high school I was with my teacher working on a project on the computer. It was around 10pm and we were the only ones in the Principal's office. Rest of the campus was dark and deserted.

Anyway we were listening to music on the radio too. Then all of a sudden, the music was replaced with a weird strange voice of a man talking some gibberish. We were scared like shit because we haven't heard anything like that before.

So we quickly closed the office and went home. Our high school burned down the very next day.

Draz
12-22-2014, 10:30 AM
Sleep paralysis ain't nothing to fck with. I had the worst one a few months ago. **** it felt so real. I just feel like that's a way our souls communicate with the dead.

senelcoolidge
12-22-2014, 11:26 AM
I had an ex that used to work at a Taco Bell. She was closing one night, so the lobby lights were off. She said that she saw a man walk across the lobby to the soda machine/dispenser and disappear.
I've personally never seen any. I've seen shadowy figures from the corners of my eyes, but I don't think those are ghost or shadow figures http://www.studiesoftheparanormal.com/shadowpeople.html from another dimension. I've been seeing more of these shadows in my new place, but I sometimes spend a lot of time alone/isolated..so the mind plays games. I had a relative that saw figures and what they called demons in the house. She saw faces in lamp shades. Tall alien figures. But she had schizophrenia.