PDA

View Full Version : Do the Lakers not see the problem?

ImKobe
12-21-2014, 09:20 PM
How many more games are they going to lose with Kobe taking the same damn pull up 20-footer 3-4 times in a row every damn 4th quarter when the other team is on a run

It's like they are doing this shit on purpose to lose games, which seems blasphemous to me. I mean, doesn't Kobe see this for himself? It's not like he's done this once, or twice, or three times this season, he's doing it every damn game and it's becoming less effective by the game, as everyone knows he's gonna go for it and he just got his shit stuffed

30 FGA, 6 FTA for 25 points :kobe:

Young had 26 on 14 FGA

After starting off 4/5 in the 2nd half, he went 1/12 the rest of the way :lebronamazed:

Mr. Jabbar
12-21-2014, 09:31 PM
well yeah kobe is kinda making it hard for us these past games, getittogetherbe :facepalm

He's too alpha for his own good right noe

Eric Cartman
12-21-2014, 09:34 PM
well yeah kobe is kinda making it hard for us these past games, getittogetherbe :facepalm

One knows is bad when jabbar says stuff like this.

Sad period for laker/mamba fans all around :(

yeaaaman
12-21-2014, 09:34 PM
Wow. I used to bash Kobe all the time because I hated the way he played at times, then I started to have a respect for him and his talent. This year, I sort of stuck up for him initially, but this is just pathetic. The guy might as well hang em up if he's not going to play the game the right way, because what he's doing out there right now, that is disgraceful, especially for a player of his caliber.

The commentators, everyone, its just awkward, but even they concede its sad to watch him play this way. I can't believe the the team and coaches go along with this.

ImKobe
12-21-2014, 09:41 PM
Wow. I used to bash Kobe all the time because I hated the way he played at times, then I started to have a respect for him and his talent. This year, I sort of stuck up for him initially, but this is just pathetic. The guy might as well hang em up if he's not going to play the game the right way, because what he's doing out there right now, that is disgraceful, especially for a player of his caliber.

The commentators, everyone, its just awkward, but even they concede its sad to watch him play this way. I can't believe the the team and coaches go along with this.

Laker commentators are completely ignoring it, ZERO criticism of Kobe, they'll just pull up a couple highlights of his makes and blame it on the defense as usual...

There's no way in hell he should be taking 17 damn shots in one half when he can't even make 1 out of every 3 shots god damn it. Lakers were up for most of the 2nd half and his shot was off, and he decided to keep chucking long 2s when Young was on fire...zero ball movement, zero team offense

I don't get how they can continue to do this bullshit, it's not great to watch. Him going hot every 4-5 games is not going to please me as a fan. I'm at the point where I might not even tune in to watch him play anymore. This is garbage.

dubnation
12-21-2014, 09:45 PM
Dude only shot 50% in a game ONE time this season... Forget the 4th quarter stats... It's sad, but Byron Scott definitely doesn't seem to have any intention of dealing with the elephant in the room.

konex
12-21-2014, 09:46 PM
He is struggling but we have no inside scorers, outside shooters or more than 2 guys who can get their own shot.

I feel Young should start. That will take the pressure off Kobe to score

navy
12-21-2014, 09:50 PM
He is struggling but we have no inside scorers, outside shooters or more than 2 guys who can get their own shot.

That would hurt the bench.

yeaaaman
12-21-2014, 09:51 PM
Laker commentators are completely ignoring it, ZERO criticism of Kobe, they'll just pull up a couple highlights of his makes and blame it on the defense as usual...

There's no way in hell he should be taking 17 damn shots in one half when he can't even make 1 out of every 3 shots god damn it. Lakers were up for most of the 2nd half and his shot was off, and he decided to keep chucking long 2s when Young was on fire...zero ball movement, zero team offense

I don't get how they can continue to do this bullshit, it's not great to watch. Him going hot every 4-5 games is not going to please me as a fan. I'm at the point where I might not even tune in to watch him play anymore. This is garbage.

I forgot to mention, commentators of the opposing team, can't say I've heard Stu Lantz and that other guy say a word about Kobe.

I don't even know what the big deal was of taking all the time choosing which coach to hire, does it really matter? What is Byron Scott doing for the team? He might as well not even be there, look at the way the team is playing. Holy shit.

As for the long 2's, I just saw a video today saying Kobe has taken 95 contested long range 2's this year - that's more than 12 teams have taken - yes he's shot more of those shots than 12 WHOLE teams this year.

Seriously he may have some sort of mental disability, he must or just doesn't give a fvck, I just can't understand why he'd play like this? Honestly is this even real? Think about how this will end, it could get really, really, ugly, and that would just be sad. Shit it already is sad. I'm done.

ImKobe
12-21-2014, 09:51 PM

No. He's best off the bench. He's getting 30 minutes a night and is out there with Kobe, but it's not enough because when he plays alongside Kobe, he hardly gets to do what he was born to do, which is score the ball. He really doesn't bring anything else to the team unless Kobe gives the ball up, I'm sick of watching him go 1 on 5 at this point.

yeaaaman
12-21-2014, 09:53 PM

The King's commentator made a good point tonight - all his teammates are in the NBA. He doesn't need to dribble the ball up the court and take a contested double teamed 3 with 18 seconds on the shot clock. Move the ball.

konex
12-21-2014, 09:58 PM
As for the long 2's, I just saw a video today saying Kobe has taken 95 contested long range 2's this year - that's more than 12 teams have taken - yes he's shot more of those shots than 12 WHOLE teams this yea

That's a BS stat by someone with an agenda. Why not compare the long 2s this year to the same point in any other season? Kobe is taking the same shots he's always taken. Difference now is, he is missing a lot of them

No. He's best off the bench. He's getting 30 minutes a night and is out there with Kobe, but it's not enough because when he plays alongside Kobe, he hardly gets to do what he was born to do, which is score the ball. He really doesn't bring anything else to the team unless Kobe gives the ball up, I'm sick of watching him go 1 on 5 at this point.

Kobe would shoot less playing with Young. Also, he's not going one of 5. He is just missing shots and getting turnovers trying to play PG. The lack of talent on this roster is not helping Kobe at all...

ImKobe
12-21-2014, 10:01 PM
That's a BS stat by someone with an agenda. Why not compare the long 2s this year to the same point in any other season? Kobe is taking the same shots he's always taken. Difference now is, he is missing a lot of them

Really? because he took like 5 contested mid-range jumpers alone in the 4th quarter of this game, that 95 number was probably like 15-20 games into the season, it might even be worse.

It's not a bs stat, how about roll up basketball reference and check his clutch stats? I guess the stat keepers have an agenda as well?

http://i.imgur.com/q2yROBY.png

konex
12-21-2014, 10:05 PM
Really? because he took like 5 contested mid-range jumpers alone in the 4th quarter of this game, that 95 number was probably like 15-20 games into the season, it might even be worse.

It's not a bs stat, how about roll up basketball reference and check his clutch stats? I guess the stat keepers have an agenda as well?

The BS is comparing Kobe's contested mid-range jumpers to what other teams are doing this year. To tell if this is really anything to write home about, compare it to what Kobe has done throughout his career. I will bet you there is no difference.

Kobe is not shooting well but it's not because he's going 1on5 or breaking the offense...

ImKobe
12-21-2014, 10:11 PM
The BS is comparing Kobe's contested mid-range jumpers to what other teams are doing this year. To tell if this is really anything to write home about, compare it to what Kobe has done throughout his career. I will bet you there is no difference.

Kobe is not shooting well but it's not because he's going 1on5 or breaking the offense...

the stat is really not surprising to me, since today's NBA is more about shooting 3s and avoiding contested mid-range jumpers...Kobe takes the most by far in the league...that alone is a problem, he doesn't even look for his teammates in most cases, that's the issue here bro. Stop trying to blame others and look at how he just ran up court and pulled up for a brick 5 times in a row

unfortunately, Kobe is making himself a prime example of how not to play basketball.

When he's hot, these kind of shots are justified, but if you're barely hanging on to shooting 37% for the season, you're going to get criticized.

IMObjective
12-22-2014, 01:33 AM
Seriously he may have some sort of mental disability, he must or just doesn't give a fvck, I just can't understand why he'd play like this? Honestly is this even real? Think about how this will end, it could get really, really, ugly, and that would just be sad. Shit it already is sad. I'm done.
:oldlol:
If Kobe pays attention to basketball related media or social media at all, I expect him to change his game as the season goes on, though he shouldn't need the media to realize there needs to be a change. It kills me that people want him to retire because he still has the capability to be an all star level player ala dirk, Duncan, Wade, etc. He's just so damn stubborn.

InfiniteBaskets
12-22-2014, 01:53 AM

This is as close to a real life "emperor's new clothes" scenario as I've ever seen. Everyone can see exactly what the problem is, but nobody wants to be the guy to speak out because you'll get your head chopped off.

strifed169
12-22-2014, 02:16 AM
I forgot to mention, commentators of the opposing team, can't say I've heard Stu Lantz and that other guy say a word about Kobe.

The Kings broadcast called it how it was late in the 4th when Kobe was trying to play heroball and kept turning it over, they called it depressing, and those guys always respected Kobe but they keep it real.

COnDEMnED
12-22-2014, 02:16 AM
How many more games are they going to lose with Kobe taking the same damn pull up 20-footer 3-4 times in a row every damn 4th quarter when the other team is on a run

It's like they are doing this shit on purpose to lose games, which seems blasphemous to me. I mean, doesn't Kobe see this for himself? It's not like he's done this once, or twice, or three times this season, he's doing it every damn game and it's becoming less effective by the game, as everyone knows he's gonna go for it and he just got his shit stuffed

30 FGA, 6 FTA for 25 points :kobe:

Young had 26 on 14 FGA

After starting off 4/5 in the 2nd half, he went 1/12 the rest of the way :lebronamazed:
His legacy is set, I'm ok with losing every game left in the season. I WANT our top 5 pick back, and I want it badly. We are setting our rebuild back years by not trying to be bad this one time we have the opportunity to acquire talent in an otherwise irrelevant season regardless. Pairing Julius Randle with whomever in the top 5 pick would be stellar, be a PG or Center.

jstern
12-22-2014, 02:18 AM
The Emperor's New Clothes.

Shih508
12-22-2014, 02:56 AM
His legacy is set, I'm ok with losing every game left in the season. I WANT our top 5 pick back, and I want it badly. We are setting our rebuild back years by not trying to be bad this one time we have the opportunity to acquire talent in an otherwise irrelevant season regardless. Pairing Julius Randle with whomever in the top 5 pick would be stellar, be a PG or Center.

Kobe is actually getting exposed that he has never been a true championship type of player like all the other greats he has been comparing to. The more we are seeing how he plays now, more ppl will realize that Kobe is just a luckier version of AI or Tmac or VC. The only difference between him and his peers was that he got carried by Shaq/Pau/Stern and Lakers' franchise!

Top 15-20 when it's all said and done. Before you brought up he's #3 on the scoring list, I don't see nobody saying Karl Malone is top 20 player, and Kobe still has a long way to go to catch him up. Malone has more MVPs than Kobe does.

andremiller07
12-22-2014, 02:56 AM
If the Lakers could somehow in the next season or so get a legit numbers #1 option and Kobe accepts being the #2 option he could still be a productive player in terms of helping you get wins. But honestly watching him as the number one option is like watching Rudy Gay as a number 1 option which only results in failure and frustration.

oarabbus
12-22-2014, 02:59 AM
If the Lakers could somehow in the next season or so get a legit numbers #1 option and Kobe accepts being the #2 option he could still be a productive player in terms of helping you get wins. But honestly watching him as the number one option is like watching Rudy Gay as a number 1 option which only results in failure and frustration.

http://i.imgur.com/udYAa.gif

http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1510/15104833/2432476-6585431498-micha.gif

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Shaquille-ONeal-Cant-Stop-Laughing-As-He-Watches-Funny-Online-Videos.gif

http://s1.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/shaq-laughing-press-conference-shaq-gifs.gif

AirFederer
12-22-2014, 03:08 AM
Even his stans has had enough!

:lol

He's like a man posessed out there, he just can't help himself. Those mid range bricks are like a drug to him. He only trusts Kobe and cannot see his own fault. And everyone knows this. It's sad to see from one of the most influential players since 2000....

Media should confront him because it's not acceptable from a guy his caliber, but as some said, it's the emperor's new clothes...

GimmeThat
12-22-2014, 03:24 AM
they probably just don't see any up and coming young players

MellowYellow
12-22-2014, 03:27 AM
Kobe has more missed mid-range fga than 12 nba teams. :facepalm

bdreason
12-22-2014, 03:30 AM
Lakers want to lose. Kobe is helping the franchise achieve that goal.

AirFederer
12-22-2014, 03:33 AM
Lakers want to lose. Kobe is helping the franchise achieve that goal.
I'm curious to if Kobe knows this :lol

COnDEMnED
12-22-2014, 03:44 AM
Kobe is actually getting exposed that he has never been a true championship type of player like all the other greats he has been comparing to. The more we are seeing how he plays now, more ppl will realize that Kobe is just a luckier version of AI or Tmac or VC. The only difference between him and his peers was that he got carried by Shaq/Pau/Stern and Lakers' franchise!

Top 15-20 when it's all said and done. Before you brought up he's #3 on the scoring list, I don't see nobody saying Karl Malone is top 20 player, and Kobe still has a long way to go to catch him up. Malone has more MVPs than Kobe does.
Truth be told, although I'm a Lakers fan, I'm not one of those sentimental guys who really cares where Kobe ends up in the ranking department, or any other players for that matter. He's probably on the higher end of top 10, but it's not important to me for him to be universally accepted as top 10. Magic, Kareem, Wilt, and Shaq would be who I would be arguing for higher rankings if it was important to me. I don't depreciate Kobe or any of the past Lakers players, legends or otherwise, for what they have done for the organization, but when it comes down to it, I'm a fan of the brand, not the player. The Lakers team is more important to me than the Lakers player. The Lakers could win a championship with Smush Parker as the best player, and I would be just as happy if it happened with Kobe or Shaq or Magic. I'm sure that's an antiquated point of view, but that's just how I see it. Catching and surpassing the Celtics in championship total is more relevant to me than how many championships Kobe has. 5 isn't the magic number (puns are fun), 18 is.

j3lademaster
12-22-2014, 03:46 AM
it looked so good when the season started: Lakers tank while not losing that much in ratings with Kobe gunning for scoring records. not a bad plan.

Nash
12-22-2014, 04:02 AM

jabbar criticizing Kobe makes me sad

NZStreetBaller
12-22-2014, 04:04 AM
Does this mean that all of us kobe stans are now lebron fans??

IMObjective
12-22-2014, 04:41 AM
Truth be told, although I'm a Lakers fan, I'm not one of those sentimental guys who really cares where Kobe ends up in the ranking department, or any other players for that matter. He's probably on the higher end of top 10, but it's not important to me for him to be universally accepted as top 10. Magic, Kareem, Wilt, and Shaq would be who I would be arguing for higher rankings if it was important to me. I don't depreciate Kobe or any of the past Lakers players, legends or otherwise, for what they have done for the organization, but when it comes down to it, I'm a fan of the brand, not the player. The Lakers team is more important to me than the Lakers player. The Lakers could win a championship with Smush Parker as the best player, and I would be just as happy if it happened with Kobe or Shaq or Magic. I'm sure that's an antiquated point of view, but that's just how I see it. Catching and surpassing the Celtics in championship total is more relevant to me than how many championships Kobe has. 5 isn't the magic number (puns are fun), 18 is.
:cheers: I hope it's not an antiquated point of view, I remember back when the Kobe trade talks were going on my college buddies and I would keep reminding each other that we were Laker fans first and Kobe fans second, so if he leaves the Lakers that was the end of that.

I do understand when people outside of the US are player fans since there's no real reason for them to root for a certain team.

NZStreetBaller
12-22-2014, 04:44 AM
:cheers: I hope it's not an antiquated point of view, I remember back when the Kobe trade talks were going on my college buddies and I would keep reminding each other that we were Laker fans first and Kobe fans second, so if he leaves the Lakers that was the end of that.

I do understand when people outside of the US are player fans since there's no real reason for them to root for a certain team.

Well besides kobe. Steve adams is my favourite player. And considering hes the only one from nz it kind of makes me a player and country fan right??

L.A. Jazz
12-22-2014, 05:02 AM
They loose games and they know why. If you listen to Jim and Jeanny Buss they make desicions based on phrases their dad said in the past. Thats why they gave Kobe this contract. Now they tried in the summer to get a top 10 player, didnt work out, so they wait for the next summer. Not a good plan, but thats what Jim and Mitch decided to do.

ImKobe
12-22-2014, 05:05 AM
I'm curious to if Kobe knows this :lol

Scott, Wes and others could be seen smiling at the end of the game like they won the damn thing while Kobe was fuming, especially when refs called the jump ball, he cussed the ref out so badly and the nikka didn't even T him up :oldlol:

IMObjective
12-22-2014, 05:19 AM
Well besides kobe. Steve adams is my favourite player. And considering hes the only one from nz it kind of makes me a player and country fan right??
Yup, of course everyone's a country fan. The gasol brothers must be gods in Spain.

I actually like Steve Adams too. The type of player you love to hate but love to have on your team.

AirFederer
12-22-2014, 05:31 AM
Damn, just realized Kobe also had 9 TO`s last night :eek: :(

ImKobe
12-22-2014, 05:47 AM
Damn, just realized Kobe also had 9 TO`s last night :eek: :(
http://cdn.straightfromthea.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/mase-gif.gif

Relinquish
12-22-2014, 05:55 AM
Yup, of course everyone's a country fan. The gasol brothers must be gods in Spain.

I actually like Steve Adams too. The type of player you love to hate but love to have on your team.

I am not a country fan.

AirFederer
12-22-2014, 06:05 AM
OMG! One tyhing is certain; Kobe doesn`t see the real problem (himself)

Bryant didn't envision feeling this fatigued at this point of the season. The Lakers aren't quite a third of the way through their schedule. April 15 is a long ways away.

"I didn't anticipate having to try to do so much, to be honest with you," he said, adding a dry chuckle. "At this stage the body doesn't respond as quickly.

"I understand what the workload is and what I have to do for us to be successful. Now it's just trying to figure out a way to have my body respond to be able to do it."

Dude comes off as a retard here. For them to be sucsessful, he should be less involved on court. It`s easy.

Real Laker fans must cry when they see this (unless they only think about the tank :lol )

Eric Cartman
12-22-2014, 06:08 AM

Dude comes off as a retard here. For them to be sucsessful, he should be less involved on court. It`s easy.

Real Laker fans must cry when they see this (unless they only think about the tank :lol )

Love kobe, but this nikka is a senile delusional ****er.

COnDEMnED
12-22-2014, 06:45 AM

At this point, I'm guilty of only thinking about the tank. My season highlights this year were set at seeing Julius Randle develop, Kobe passing Jordan, and watching Jordan Clarkson play. Randle's gone for the year, Kobe passed Jordan in the most anticlimactic way (free throw), and Clarkson is buried on the bench behind Ronnie ****ing Price. I have nothing more to look forward to this year until the trade deadline and the following draft day (if we're bottom 5 or get more picks).

coin24
12-22-2014, 07:05 AM
Finishing bottom 5 will be tough..

Better off making a decent push for trades/ FAs, maybe a bargain at the deadline and try for the playoffs imo...

DCL
12-22-2014, 09:20 AM
maybe byron scott is secretly enjoying this situation because if the lakers do better, he gets the credit.

but if they continue to suck with kobe playing like this, he can go "don't look at me. look at that guy (kobe). i ain't doing shit." :oldlol:

but owners, even if they won't admit it, probably want to get the high draft pick.

ArbitraryWater
12-22-2014, 09:23 AM
8 for 30: The Kobe Documentary

T_L_P
12-22-2014, 09:37 AM
Byron is such a *****.

He's the only one who should be telling Kobe or Lin or Young or whoever that what they're doing isn't working. And he just seems to stand there like a fcking clown...and I liked him in New Jersey.

That said, Kobe needs to get it together. The past two games have marked a really low point in his career.

JellyBean
12-22-2014, 10:09 AM
As a Lakers and Kobe fan, I am growing tired of seeing Kobe, coming off the bench and the Lakers are up 7-8 points, jacking up 20 footers left and right. I know when he gets the ball back there is like 7-8 seconds left on the shot clock. But still, dribble and hit the open teammate!!!

I know for a fact that there are at least 8-10 games that Kobe has lost for the team because he is jacking up ill advised shots. If this was any other player not named Kobe, that player would be sitting on the bench. But Kobe gets a pass? :banghead:

Like I said, I am a huge Kobe fan. He is the last of great NBA throwback warriors. But there are times when you have to just say, "You know, Nick Young has the hot hand, I am going to pass him the ball so that he can win the game or keep the lead." Or "You know, I am 5/40. I have to let Lin take over." Come on, Kobe and the Lakers.

Hey Yo
12-22-2014, 10:51 AM
From Elias: Kobe Bryant made only eight of 30 shots from the field, scoring 25 points in the Lakers' 108-101 loss at Sacramento. It was the 45th game in which Bryant missed at least 20 field-goal attempts, tying Allen Iverson for the third-highest such total in NBA history. Wilt Chamberlain missed 20 or more shots from the field 117 times, the all-time league high; Elgin Baylor ranks second (94).

One of those 45 was a 30 miss FGA game against Boston in 2001 or 2002. He went 17-47 for 41pts. Don't think Shaq played that game.

tontoz
12-22-2014, 10:55 AM
Kobe has always been a chucker, it is just more obvious now. I remember looking at his numbers one year and he took almost 15 shots per game outside 15 feet. That is pathetic, especially since he is playing in an era when the rules make it easier to get to the basket/foul line.

HurricaneKid
12-22-2014, 11:13 AM
Its refreshing to see some of his biggest supporters start to come around. At the beginning of the season I thought I was in the twilight zone. No one was talking about it and it was clear as day to me.

The worst part is what it does to the team. We have all played with this guy at the Y. The guy who shoots all the time even though he has no business doing so and takes horrible shots at a horrific percentage. Its maddening.

GimmeThat
12-22-2014, 11:28 AM
Reasons as to why shooting forms are overrated?

SCdac
12-22-2014, 11:36 AM
yeah Kobe and the Lakers are a joke. Honestly, they've been so glaringly bad that I've felt bad even piling on. Gonna be a playoffs without Kobe for the 3rd year in a row :facepalm

riseagainst
12-22-2014, 11:36 AM
Kobe is a shell of his former self. He sucks.

Andrew Wiggins
12-22-2014, 11:37 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B5d2XMyCMAEXDcG.png

http://deadspin.com/kobe-needs-to-have-a-seat-1674040010?rev=1419261610606

tontoz
12-22-2014, 11:39 AM
Where's Knoeitawl? This would be like an early X-mas present for him. :lol

ArbitraryWater
12-22-2014, 12:00 PM
I remember this poster Dro saying something like "I'm rooting for Kobe, I always love the old guy sticking it to the critics faces, showing he's still got it"...

nah dude, he don't got it no more :lol

JellyBean
12-22-2014, 12:11 PM
I am at the point now where I can't even defend Kobe's actions with my fellow basketball fans anymore. He is shooting 40% (30% from the 3 point line). He is averaging 22 FGA. If he was over 40% and close to 50%, oh I could defend my boy. But now :confusedshrug: I got nothing.

Hopefully B-Scott sits Kobe down for awhile. Kobe is smart. I know he has an ego. But he has to realize, this is hurting the team...again!!!

JellyBean
12-22-2014, 12:20 PM
I remember this poster Dro saying something like "I'm rooting for Kobe, I always love the old guy sticking it to the critics faces, showing he's still got it"...

nah dude, he don't got it no more :lol

I was one of those "Kobe stick it to the critics" guys for awhile. After that Dallas game, when the Lakers got knocked the heck out, I slowly grew bored of watching Kobe jack up shot after shot. Against the Spurs, when the Lakers had a small lead and Kobe came back in the game and took bad shots, threw the ball away, and did random junk that other players get yelled at for, was when I said enough is enough. Kobe has to sit longer in games or figure what a way to not shoot as much. Something has to give.

Myth
12-22-2014, 12:24 PM

If they acknowledge how pathetic it is, the blind homer fans may finally come to their senses and stop paying for tickets.

guy
12-22-2014, 01:14 PM

:oldlol: What? That's your defense? Maybe he should realize he's not the same guy anymore, and start taking better shots. Kobe isn't an explosive dunker anymore, but he was for years. I don't see him still trying to dunk on players anymore.

Seriously, the guy is shooting under 38%. There's really no excuse for him. He shouldn't be shooting as much as he does. Its not working. Its not rocket science to see that. Its not his teammates, cause plenty of players in history have been able to do better with just as bad or worst teammates. If they were winning it would be one thing, but they're not even close to that.

Hoopz2332
12-22-2014, 02:02 PM

damn:roll:

WallIn
12-22-2014, 02:14 PM
It comes down to whether Kobe's friend Byron Scott actually has the balls to coach and limit Kobe's minutes to, let's say 25-30.

KungFuJoe
12-22-2014, 03:54 PM
Worst teammate ever.

Borderline worst starter in the NBA when you consider impact.

Makes all the money. Plays no defense. Yells at teammatss in front of cameras. Takes all the shots. Loses all the games.

I'm surprised no one has tried to kick his ass in practice. You KNOW his team hates him. They all do.

Kobe is untouchable and it's Scott's fault. For a guy that was supposed to be hard nosed he's showing nothing but how to be a Kobe homer. That answer when asked why Kobe shoots all the last shots ("32k points") was Scott in a nutshell. Spread that to the whole org. Worthy, Magic are quiet as **** now. Stu Lantz (corniest commentator in the league) just blames everyone not named Kobe.

Rooster
12-22-2014, 04:11 PM
:oldlol: What? That's your defense? Maybe he should realize he's not the same guy anymore, and start taking better shots. Kobe isn't an explosive dunker anymore, but he was for years. I don't see him still trying to dunk on players anymore.

Seriously, the guy is shooting under 38%. There's really no excuse for him. He shouldn't be shooting as much as he does. Its not working. Its not rocket science to see that. Its not his teammates, cause plenty of players in history have been able to do better with just as bad or worst teammates. If they were winning it would be one thing, but they're not even close to that.

Kobe stubbornness has been his strengths and weaknesses. It was working for him when he was in his prime but now it's working against him. I think he need to set aside his ego and realized that he's not the same player anymore. Take smarter shots, don't take those awful long contested 2s and stop jacking 3s early in the shot clock. Until he does that, things will not get any better for him.

Rooster
12-22-2014, 04:15 PM

These stats does not lie. I've seen some of the Lakers games and he's just awful on most of them. I wish Jerry West still works for Lakers. It seems to me that no one from the Lakers have the guts to call him out.

RoundMoundOfReb
12-22-2014, 04:31 PM
To think I got banned for saying Kobe was done after the first game of the season.

tamaraw08
12-22-2014, 08:15 PM
Byron Scott talking to his team about different options for the last play of the game.
Option 1. Johnson, to inbound, Kobe gets the ball and take a shot on the left elbow, while the rest of you stay on the right side of the court.
Option 2. Hill, you inbound the ball, Kobe gets the ball and decide where to get off the shot, while the rest of you to get the hell out of his way.
Option 3, 4,5, KObe does a shot fake and shoots or pull up whatever.....
Lin- coach, I went to Harvard, Booze went to Duke under coach K, I seems like the variables seemed like all the same but the conclusions are......
Scott looks at Jeremy and Carlos and say, you guys suck on defense, so I decided you will not start our games anymore.

Mr.Kite
12-22-2014, 08:28 PM
Kobe needs to take a page from Vince Carter. Carter has rejuvenated himself being a spot shooter with some crafty moves.

I never would have thought there would be a day I would take Vince over Kobe.

TheBigVeto
12-22-2014, 08:34 PM
Worst teammate ever.

Borderline worst starter in the NBA when you consider impact.

Makes all the money. Plays no defense. Yells at teammatss in front of cameras. Takes all the shots. Loses all the games.

I'm surprised no one has tried to kick his ass in practice. You KNOW his team hates him. They all do.

Kobe is untouchable and it's Scott's fault. For a guy that was supposed to be hard nosed he's showing nothing but how to be a Kobe homer. That answer when asked why Kobe shoots all the last shots ("32k points") was Scott in a nutshell. Spread that to the whole org. Worthy, Magic are quiet as **** now. Stu Lantz (corniest commentator in the league) just blames everyone not named Kobe.

Pretty much this. There must be a clause in every Laker player contract that explicitly specifies 'you cannot kick Kobe's ass otherwise you'll be liable to pay the organization a billion dollars per year for the rest of your life'.

Scott is a crappy coach - he got hired because Kobe knew he can control him. Weak ass coach.

Sharmer
12-22-2014, 08:36 PM
It comes down to whether Kobe's friend Byron Scott actually has the balls to coach and limit Kobe's minutes to, let's say 25-30.

Are you kidding Kobe checked himself back into games.