PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Western Conference All-Star Team? Who Do You Choose?

L.Kizzle
12-21-2014, 09:51 PM
This might possibly be the hardest selection from coaches EVER. The West is that deep at all the spots that it's F-N ridiculous [RZA voice]. The coaches might go with only selecting one player per the eight playoff teams.

Is it really fair if one team gets 2 players, and another with only two less loses has no players to represent them in the mid-season classic?

Talk about a decision to make.

Golden State
Stephen Curry - G
Klay Thompson - G

Portland
LaMarcus Aldridge - F
Damian Lillard - G

Memphis
Marc Gasol - C
Zach Randolph - F

Houston
James Harden - G
Dwight Howard - C

Dallas
Monta Ellis - G
Dirk Nowitzki - F

L.A. Clippers
Chris Paul - G
Blake Griffin - F

San Antonio
Kawhi Leonard - F
Tim Duncan - F

Oklahoma City
Kevin Durant - F
Russell Westbrook - G

New Orleans
Anthony Davis - F

Sacramento
DaMarcus Cousins - C

L.A. Lakers
Kobe Bryant - G

Wildcards
Mike Conley - Grizzles - G
Goran Dragic - Suns - G
Ty Lawson - Nuggets - G

Doctor Rivers
12-21-2014, 09:53 PM
not Kobe

JimmyMcAdocious
12-21-2014, 10:00 PM
Curry, Westbrook, Paul, Kobe, Harden, Thompson, Lillard
Durant, Griffin, Howard, Davis, Aldridge

Curry/Kobe/Durant/Griffin/Howard leading vote starters

Something like that. Maybe Duncan slips in out of respect.

L.Kizzle
12-21-2014, 10:12 PM

Grizzlies can't get one player on the team?

Doctor Rivers
12-21-2014, 10:17 PM
Grizzlies can't get one player on the team?

Nope

hawksdogsbraves
12-21-2014, 10:19 PM
Nope

No way Marc Gasol isn't on the team

JimmyMcAdocious
12-21-2014, 10:21 PM
Gasol is the only one, but who does he replace?

Griffin and Howard are going to be leading vote getter types on the front court, like they always are lately. I don't see how Davis doesn't at least get chosen by the coaches (they still do the bench, right?). Over Aldridge, Lillard, or Thompson? The rest are set, imo. Kobe, Durant, Westbrook, Paul, Harden, and Curry. Anyone see one of those not making it? I don't.

I guess a not as messy way to put it (imo):
Curry, Paul, Westbrook, Harden, Kobe, Durant, Griffin, Howard, and Davis are sure things.

Thompson, Lillard, Aldridge, Gasol, Ellis, Duncan, Cousins... I can see any of those in the final 3 spots.

hawksdogsbraves
12-21-2014, 10:31 PM
The fact that 24/12 Demarcus Cousins probably won't make it is pretty nuts

Audio One
12-21-2014, 10:52 PM
The fact that 24/12 Demarcus Cousins probably won't make it is pretty nuts

Not enough games played perhaps. I voted him in myself to start, but yeah, I had to actually go to the Sacramento page just to find him.

I personally left Curry and Gasol (Marc) off the starting team. Feel as though they get too much credit for their TEAM'S record, along with the fact there are much better counterparts at their respective positions.

navy
12-21-2014, 10:53 PM
Not enough games played perhaps. I voted him in myself to start, but yeah, I had to actually go to the Sacramento page just to find him.

I personally left Curry and Gasol (Marc) off the starting team. Feel as though they get too much credit for their TEAM'S record, along with the fact there are much better counterparts at their respective positions.
Name them...

wally_world
12-21-2014, 11:16 PM
Voted in:
Curry
Kobe
Durant
Griffin
Duncan

Bench:
CP3
Westbrook
Ellis
Harden
Davis
Gasol
Cousins

I think Lillard and LMA are having quiet seasons and will be overlooked (I do think they have a case over some of the above mentioned guys). Dwight has missed a few games, causing him to drop out over the rest of the Centers. Klay might replace Ellis, but I really think Monta deserves it this season; Klay will get his shot in the future.

The Red Viper
12-21-2014, 11:30 PM
My 2015 Western Conference All-Star Team.

STARTERS:-

PG - Steph Curry.
SG - James Harden.
SF - Blake Griffin.
PF - Anthony Davis.
C - Marc Gasol.

BENCH:-

6. Damian Lillard.
7. Russell Westbrook.
8. Monta Ellis.
9. Klay Thompson.
10. LaMarcus Aldridge.
11. Tim Duncan.
12. DeMarcus Cousins.

KD misses out due to not playing enough. While the likes of Mike Conley, CP3 and Dwight miss out just because there are few players who have performed better than them this season.

Droid101
12-21-2014, 11:35 PM
Voted in:
Curry
Kobe
Durant
Griffin
Duncan

Bench:
CP3
Westbrook
Ellis
Harden
Davis
Gasol
Cousins

I think Lillard and LMA are having quiet seasons and will be overlooked (I do think they have a case over some of the above mentioned guys). Dwight has missed a few games, causing him to drop out over the rest of the Centers. Klay might replace Ellis, but I really think Monta deserves it this season; Klay will get his shot in the future.
You really think Tim Duncan will get voted in by the fans? Really?

Budadiiii
12-22-2014, 12:53 AM
My 2015 Western Conference All-Star Team.

STARTERS:-

PG - Steph Curry.
SG - James Harden.
SF - Blake Griffin.
PF - Anthony Davis.
C - Marc Gasol.

BENCH:-

6. Damian Lillard.
7. Russell Westbrook.
8. Monta Ellis.
9. Klay Thompson.
10. LaMarcus Aldridge.
11. Tim Duncan.
12. DeMarcus Cousins.

KD misses out due to not playing enough. While the likes of Mike Conley, CP3 and Dwight miss out just because there are few players who have performed better than them this season.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

L.Kizzle
12-22-2014, 01:45 AM
Gasol is the only one, but who does he replace?

Griffin and Howard are going to be leading vote getter types on the front court, like they always are lately. I don't see how Davis doesn't at least get chosen by the coaches (they still do the bench, right?). Over Aldridge, Lillard, or Thompson? The rest are set, imo. Kobe, Durant, Westbrook, Paul, Harden, and Curry. Anyone see one of those not making it? I don't.

I guess a not as messy way to put it (imo):
Curry, Paul, Westbrook, Harden, Kobe, Durant, Griffin, Howard, and Davis are sure things.

Thompson, Lillard, Aldridge, Gasol, Ellis, Duncan, Cousins... I can see any of those in the final 3 spots.
Why are we so sure Howard gets in on vote alone? Last year, Kevin Love outvoted him.

L.Kizzle
12-22-2014, 01:50 AM
Voted in:
Curry
Kobe
Durant
Griffin
Duncan

Bench:
CP3
Westbrook
Ellis
Harden
Davis
Gasol
Cousins

So you're not going to have no one from the current second best team in the West (and entire league) the Trailblazers? I can't see the coaches selecting Davis and Cousins. It's going to be one or the other. As in about a month, I believe both will be right below .500 I can't see three players from the West being selected. And I think it will be Davis selected (possibly even starting.)

Too many top heavy teams in the West to have Kobe, Davis and Cousins.

COnDEMnED
12-22-2014, 02:02 AM
I would probably say the bolded wont make the cut.

Memphis
Marc Gasol - C
Zach Randolph - F

Dallas
Monta Ellis - G
Dirk Nowitzki - F

San Antonio
Kawhi Leonard - F
Tim Duncan - F

Sacramento
DaMarcus Cousins - C

Wildcards
Mike Conley - Grizzles - G
Goran Dragic - Suns - G
Ty Lawson - Nuggets - G

And these underlined are probably a lock to make it.

Golden State
Stephen Curry - G
Klay Thompson - G

Memphis
Marc Gasol - C
Zach Randolph - F

Houston
James Harden - G
Dwight Howard - C

Dallas
Monta Ellis - G
Dirk Nowitzki - F

L.A. Clippers
Chris Paul - G
Blake Griffin - F

San Antonio
Kawhi Leonard - F
Tim Duncan - F

Oklahoma City
Kevin Durant - F
Russell Westbrook - G

New Orleans
Anthony Davis - F

L.A. Lakers
Kobe Bryant - G

Imtheman
12-22-2014, 02:43 AM
Anyone who thinks KD or KB24 won't make it needs to be slapped.

andremiller07
12-22-2014, 02:53 AM
To me Ellis should be a lock for the ASG but I doubt he makes, in all seriousness they need to send 4-5 Western guys to the East team this year.

Im Still Ballin
12-22-2014, 03:10 AM
Cousins is better than Griffin/Aldridge/Gasol/Howard/Dirk/Duncan/Randolph

He SHOULD be a starter but he WONT

If he doesn't make it, it'll be the biggest snub of all time, followed by Curry and Demarcus from last year

The Red Viper
12-22-2014, 04:56 AM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Whats the issue?

I am only including the players who have done well this season. KD has been out injured and has played only five to six games. That is why I didn't include him over the likes of Klat, LaMarcus, Blake, Monta etc who have been good throughout the season.

In terms of ability, KD is a lock in for all-NBA team. Nevermind just the All Star.

bdreason
12-22-2014, 05:13 AM
My West votes were:

Harden
Curry
Aldridge
M. Gasol
Griffin

My East votes were:

Wall
Lowry
LeBron
Millsap
P. Gasol

L.Kizzle
12-22-2014, 06:25 AM
Cousins is better than Griffin/Aldridge/Gasol/Howard/Dirk/Duncan/Randolph

He SHOULD be a starter but he WONT

If he doesn't make it, it'll be the biggest snub of all time, followed by Curry and Demarcus from last year
There have been players who have avg 28 ppg on a playoff team who have gotten left off.

UK2K
12-22-2014, 06:53 AM
Curry/Westbrook
Harden/Thompson/Ellis
Durant
Aldridge/Griffin/Davis
Cousins/Howard/Gasol

In no particular order

L.Kizzle
12-22-2014, 03:33 PM
Who would be the biggest snub if they get left off?

Can you really say Monta Ellis got snubbed because Lillard make it over him?

Velocirap31
12-22-2014, 03:54 PM

Anthony Davis would be a huge snub. Sometimes too much emphasis is placed on team records. He is a beast and a better player than Aldridge and Griffin already.

mrpibb
12-23-2014, 08:30 PM

Marc Gasol is a legitimate MVP candidate, and it seems from the posts here that people might leave him out of it. I can't imagine a bigger snub.

L.Kizzle
12-23-2014, 08:33 PM
Marc Gasol is a legitimate MVP candidate, and it seems from the posts here that people might leave him out of it. I can't imagine a bigger snub.
Someone from Memphis has to make it, it will most likely be him.

mrpibb
12-23-2014, 08:35 PM
Do you think Hayward has any chance?

L.Kizzle
12-23-2014, 08:36 PM
Do you think Hayward has any chance?
He has about as much chance as you and I.

JimmyMcAdocious
12-23-2014, 09:47 PM
Why are we so sure Howard gets in on vote alone? Last year, Kevin Love outvoted him.

Barely (8k votes, ~1.2%) and Love is now in the East. Griffin, Durant, Kobe, Paul, and CP3 also had more votes. I suspect all will remain somewhat true to that.

BTW, Kobe played 6 games and was still voted as a starter. Fifth highest votes in the entire NBA, 3rd in the West. Anyone who thinks he won't be a starter is being obtuse.

I'm looking at this as what is more likely to happen than what deserves to happen.

L.Kizzle
12-23-2014, 09:56 PM
Barely (8k votes, ~1.2%) and Love is now in the East. Griffin, Durant, Kobe, Paul, and CP3 also had more votes. I suspect all will remain somewhat true to that.

BTW, Kobe played 6 games and was still voted as a starter. Fifth highest votes in the entire NBA, 3rd in the West. Anyone who thinks he won't be a starter is being obtuse.

I'm looking at this as what is more likely to happen than what deserves to happen.
Davis is this seasons Kevin Love, with not only the number but a winning record (so far.)

JordanL
12-24-2014, 06:16 AM

We need to f*cking burn LA to the desert floor if Kobe and Griffin start over Aldridge/Gasol and Harden/Lillard/Westbrook.