PDA

View Full Version : Willing to bet I have the worst job out of all ISH posters.

russwest0
12-22-2014, 02:12 AM
-Pays 8.00 an hour
-They don't do lunches or breaks, no matter how many hours you work
-Their corporate office is only an hour away from the store, so district managers, higher ups, etc, are always in the store expecting great work despite shit pay
-Scheduling is sporadic as hell
-Out of like 20 employees, only 3 are guys
-The women there have tons of drama forcing mandatory meeting like every 2-3 weeks, sometimes at 6 AM and the boss will only tell you about this 3 days in advance sometimes.
-Our manager is a total **** who will watch video cameras all the time, make false pissed off assumptions, and always cover her own ass instead of her employees

Lets see if anyone can top me.

Mr. Jabbar
12-22-2014, 02:19 AM
u have a strong case bro :applause:

waseem780
12-22-2014, 02:20 AM
Why don't you get a different job then? I'm sure you could get since you have experience. I'm about to start my first ever job tomorrow and im getting 9 an hour (which isn't minimum wage) , and paid lunch breaks.

oarabbus
12-22-2014, 02:22 AM
You're supposed to strive for the best job OP, not the worst one

red1
12-22-2014, 02:22 AM
I have a sick job but I had to grind to get it. Just have a long-term plan and the short-term BS will be far more tolerable.

russwest0
12-22-2014, 02:26 AM
Why don't you get a different job then? I'm sure you could get since you have experience. I'm about to start my first ever job tomorrow and im getting 9 an hour (which isn't minimum wage) , and paid lunch breaks.

I might have a much better job soon. I had an interview and it went well, I'm just awaiting a call back basically.

This new job would pay over 10 dollars an hour, I'd get less hours (which is what I want), the company clearly takes better care of their employees, and the actual work I'd be doing would be much better.

Just awaiting a goddamn call and the wait is killing me cause I can't get high because if I get a call I'll have to go in for a drug test.

If I don't get this new job it will be such a tease. Going back to my shit job will be so depressing.

Budadiiii
12-22-2014, 02:33 AM
I might have a much better job soon. I had an interview and it went well, I'm just awaiting a call back basically.

This new job would pay over 10 dollars an hour, I'd get less hours (which is what I want), the company clearly takes better care of their employees, and the actual work I'd be doing would be much better.

Just awaiting a goddamn call and the wait is killing me cause I can't get high because if I get a call I'll have to go in for a drug test.

If I don't get this new job it will be such a tease. Going back to my shit job will be so depressing.
Just rolled a fat blunt and I'm dedicating it to you my dude.

You look better with glasses BTW bro. Very stylish.

russwest0
12-22-2014, 02:35 AM
Just rolled a fat blunt and I'm dedicating it to you my dude.

You look better with glasses BTW bro. Very stylish.

thanks man but I'm actually thinking about getting contacts because of convenience.

easier to play sports in, can wear shades over them, don't get as dirty, etc.

SupermanOnSteroids
12-22-2014, 02:39 AM
dude i'm glad you're tryin to get a new job. no bad employer deserves to keep his employees. i hope they all leave. just hope that you would never bad mouth your old job at the interview for your new job. no matter how bad it is. always talk up your old job. otherwise it just makes you look bad.

GimmeThat
12-22-2014, 03:09 AM
it's kinda all a

Lupe Fiasco

DonD13
12-22-2014, 05:01 AM
8/hour

:biggums:

you'd be better of selling lemonade or shovel some snow or something

wait. i could use a personal assistant. do you have a driver licence? can you cook?

tomtucker
12-22-2014, 06:25 AM

hope you get it..........and then plot some revenge on your old job.....like rocks through windows, spooky letters and shit

ArbitraryWater
12-22-2014, 09:08 AM
http://i.gyazo.com/bf3830ab232787cde3709dd80a4da0ac.png

DukeDelonte13
12-22-2014, 09:28 AM
i once worked at a place through a temp agency where i had to load semi trucks with commercial sized bags of baking material. Giant bags of flour, 5 gallon pails of god knows what, etc.

12-14 hours a day, no breaks, no lunch, no nothing. Got paid 5.25 an hour because i was a temp.

I also used to be a dishwasher at real nice italian restaurant. That might have been worse. Kitchen gets so damn hot, constant sweaty humid work from 5 until close. Also 5.25 an hour. At least every night I would get a little break and the cooks would make me something good to eat.

Everybody works those sh*tty jobs at some point in their life. I would have killed for a retail job in a nice climate controlled space where i wasn't sweating my ass off at that point in my life.

Draz
12-22-2014, 10:22 AM
That's not the only job in the world with that pay

sweggeh
12-22-2014, 10:58 AM
Yeah but have you had to suck dick to feed your kids? No? So stay quiet.

russwest0
12-22-2014, 06:21 PM

damn that sounds like total shit.

at least he got paid a decent amount (I'm assuming)?

the actual work I do at my job is maintenance, so basically I just roam around, scope out the nice ass in yoga pants, talk with some of the regulars, and clean shit up. It's not so much the actual work for me, but every other tangible thing about the workplace.

Some of the women who work there are literally retarded. Today you could wear a Christmas sweater at work, and one of the cashiers did it and she was the only one watching the front at the time, and the front had a line of like 7 people who all turned and glared at me, and then I looked over and just saw her talking to someone she knew by the front doors, and no one knew that she worked there because she was wearing a sweater. She eventually looked by the registers and realized but she does this shit all the time and no one knows why she still has a job lol.

There is a decent piece of ass that I could have hit at my job, but then I realized she has a kid, and now she has some other guy as her boyfriend. Good luck to him with that shit :lol

ArbitraryWater
12-22-2014, 06:31 PM
damn that sounds like total shit.

at least he got paid a decent amount (I'm assuming)?

the actual work I do at my job is maintenance, so basically I just roam around, scope out the nice ass in yoga pants, talk with some of the regulars, and clean shit up. It's not so much the actual work for me, but every other tangible thing about the workplace.

Some of the women who work there are literally retarded. Today you could wear a Christmas sweater at work, and one of the cashiers did it and she was the only one watching the front at the time, and the front had a line of like 7 people who all turned and glared at me, and then I looked over and just saw her talking to someone she knew by the front doors, and no one knew that she worked there because she was wearing a sweater. She eventually looked by the registers and realized but she does this shit all the time and no one knows why she still has a job lol.

There is a decent piece of ass that I could have hit at my job, but then I realized she has a kid, and now she has some other guy as her boyfriend. Good luck to him with that shit :lol

You know, don't show your psycho side.. but..

you a handsome cute dude, you gettin' that pussay :applause:

russwest0
12-22-2014, 06:43 PM
You know, don't show your psycho side.. but..

you a handsome cute dude, you gettin' that pussay :applause:

people around me assume that I get laid often, like acquaintances and family, but the reality is I've never even gotten to first base with a girl... :oldlol:

not even awkward when I talk to women, I just don't pursue shit, and the chances I've had in the past I f*cked up. Part of my problem is that I won't change who I am at all for any woman nor do I suck up to them. For example, I had a chance with a solid 8/10 a while back but realized she was just another attention whoring bitch, called her out on it, and then there went that.

It kind of sucks, but I don't think about it much unless I'm depressed for some reason.

ArbitraryWater
12-22-2014, 06:51 PM
people around me assume that I get laid often, like acquaintances and family, but the reality is I've never even gotten to first base with a girl... :oldlol:

not even awkward when I talk to women, I just don't pursue shit, and the chances I've had in the past I f*cked up. Part of my problem is that I won't change who I am at all for any woman nor do I suck up to them. For example, I had a chance with a solid 8/10 a while back but realized she was just another attention whoring bitch, called her out on it, and then there went that.

It kind of sucks, but I don't think about it much unless I'm depressed for some reason.

:cheers:

russ doin' shit his way

outbreak
12-22-2014, 08:08 PM
OP is a ****ing idiot. Why do you make multiple threads every day about how shit your job is and how you half ass it. If you don't put in the effort you won't ever have a better job and if you don't like the pay or conditions quit and go somewhere else and let someone who actually understands how employment works take over from you.

russwest0
12-22-2014, 08:16 PM
OP is a ****ing idiot. Why do you make multiple threads every day about how shit your job is and how you half ass it. If you don't put in the effort you won't ever have a better job and if you don't like the pay or conditions quit and go somewhere else and let someone who actually understands how employment works take over from you.

literally every boss I have ever had loves me bro.

doesn't mean I'm busting my ass. thing is at retail, me coasting it > these other derp ass employee's legitimately trying hard.

russwest0
12-22-2014, 08:18 PM
:cheers:

russ doin' shit his way

it's the only way you can do it bro. you ever see those guys who instantly change themselves over just another bitch? shit is hilarious. one of my friends is doing that right now. being overly polite and not cussing just because this girl we've been chilling with doesn't cuss much and probably isn't into guys who do.

we went and got some food and were eating in the living room the other day with her around and he was going to take his dirty plate to the kitchen and I put him on the spot, said "will you be a doll and take mine too?" he did and I instantly called him a bitch for it :oldlol:

guys who become bitches just for bitches crack me up.

outbreak
12-22-2014, 08:29 PM
it's the only way you can do it bro. you ever see those guys who instantly change themselves over just another bitch? shit is hilarious. one of my friends is doing that right now. being overly polite and not cussing just because this girl we've been chilling with doesn't cuss much and probably isn't into guys who do.

we went and got some food and were eating in the living room the other day with her around and he was going to take his dirty plate to the kitchen and I put him on the spot, said "will you be a doll and take mine too?" he did and I instantly called him a bitch for it :oldlol:

guys who become bitches just for bitches crack me up.

....sounds like he is just growing up and maturing. You sound like a typical 15 year old who thinks it's cool to swear and act like you don't care about shit. You need to either grow up or accept you will live your life alone while working dead end jobs.

nathanjizzle
12-22-2014, 08:56 PM
-Pays 8.00 an hour
-They don't do lunches or breaks, no matter how many hours you work
-Their corporate office is only an hour away from the store, so district managers, higher ups, etc, are always in the store expecting great work despite shit pay
-Scheduling is sporadic as hell
-Out of like 20 employees, only 3 are guys
-The women there have tons of drama forcing mandatory meeting like every 2-3 weeks, sometimes at 6 AM and the boss will only tell you about this 3 days in advance sometimes.
-Our manager is a total **** who will watch video cameras all the time, make false pissed off assumptions, and always cover her own ass instead of her employees

Lets see if anyone can top me.

u might have a lawsuit here. even if you dont, they might settle. contact an attorney if they arent giving you breaks working long hours, there are things called labor laws.
And they are forcing women to meetings that men dont have to attend, that can be sexual discrimination.

also, if you havent ****ed any girls from work, then you are a beta bitchmade *****.

RedBlackAttack
12-22-2014, 09:22 PM
Holy mother of god. :oldlol:

I thought my jobs as a youth were bad, but that is just... yikes.

I'm not going to act as though I've had the worst jobs on the forum, especially after reading that, but there have been some bad ones in my past. As a summer job during college, I worked at Phar-Mor in the freezer/refrigerator section. Despite it being a sweltering 80-90 degrees outside, I had to wear several layers, a winter hat and several layers of gloves to work because the day was spent inside free-standing walk-in refrigerators and freezers in the middle of the store.

You then spent your shift making sure the milk and eggs were well stocked -- especially milk and eggs. Yogurt was also a major pain in the @ss. And the freezer was, like, 20 below zero.

Oh, and it paid $6.25 an hour. That was back when $6.25 was minimum wage, obviously.

Also, working as a helper for the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) was no walk in the park. I had to be there at, like, 5:30 in the morning and it entailed either weed-whacking endless patches of grass along the state highways, scraping fresh road kill off the ground and disposing of it, or flagging.

Flagging seems like a harmless exercise, until you realize that much of it takes place on windy roads where cars zip around without really paying attention to what is in front of them. Thank god that was before cell phones really blew up. Every year there would be a couple of flaggers who'd be killed or maimed by motorists. I'm sure that number has since increased. We had to take a seminar about the dangers of flagging before even doing the job... which included videos of people splattered all over the roads.

For that, I received a cool $8 an hour. :facepalm

russwest0
12-22-2014, 09:24 PM
....sounds like he is just growing up and maturing. You sound like a typical 15 year old who thinks it's cool to swear and act like you don't care about shit. You need to either grow up or accept you will live your life alone while working dead end jobs.

nah man it's not just growing and maturing when he acts totally different around a girl than he does around his friends.

maturity to me is realizing that you'd be better off with a chick who accepts you for who you are, and not just likes you because you changed into someone who she wants.

just my .02

Dictator
12-22-2014, 10:10 PM
Dont do lunches or break no matter how many hours you work? :wtf:

Where do you work OP?

RedBlackAttack
12-22-2014, 10:54 PM

Where do you work OP?
Yes, I believe that's against the law for full-time hourly employment.

IamRAMBO24
12-22-2014, 11:05 PM
I think my job is better than your's.

SpecialQue
12-22-2014, 11:23 PM
People are bragging about this shit now?

russwest0
12-23-2014, 02:17 AM

Where do you work OP?

It's a convenience store and they basically just don't do breaks. It's in their policy.

There is never a time when an employee gets to say or says "I'm going on break" etc. it's odd.

poido123
12-23-2014, 04:28 AM
I don't know about the worst job, but I reckon I'd have one of the most physically demanding jobs.

Baggage Handler.

At Xmas period, you get so exhausted from lifting that you often blackout from shear exhaustion. Working to strict deadlines and flight times, you have no choice but to get things done quickly.

On top of that, the agency who hires me always understaff, so you are probably doing the job of two men much of the time.

Loading and unloading planes as a tall person is awkward as hell too. in a cabin less than a metre high, you have to load bags as heavy as 32kg off your knees from one place to another.

I feel for you OP, 8 dollars an hour is tough. Then hating the people you work with on top of it is even worse.

At least you haven't settled for being a drug dealer. I couldn't blame you if you did, America is a tough place to live if you don't have the experience or qualifications.

NZStreetBaller
12-23-2014, 04:55 AM
I don't know about the worst job, but I reckon I'd have one of the most physically demanding jobs.

Baggage Handler.

At Xmas period, you get so exhausted from lifting that you often blackout from shear exhaustion. Working to strict deadlines and flight times, you have no choice but to get things done quickly.

On top of that, the agency who hires me always understaff, so you are probably doing the job of two men much of the time.

Loading and unloading planes as a tall person is awkward as hell too. in a cabin less than a metre high, you have to load bags as heavy as 32kg off your knees from one place to another.

I feel for you OP, 8 dollars an hour is tough. Then hating the people you work with on top of it is even worse.

At least you haven't settled for being a drug dealer. I couldn't blame you if you did, America is a tough place to live if you don't have the experience or qualifications.

a year ago when i was living back in NZ I was a forestry worker that sht nearly killed me the first two years. constantly fatigued lol.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/10-worst-jobs-in-america-2011-1?op=1#3-lumberjack-32109-8

forestrys usually in every list of top 10 toughest jobs.

glad i dont do that sheit no more lol

poido123
12-23-2014, 06:08 AM
a year ago when i was living back in NZ I was a forestry worker that sht nearly killed me the first two years. constantly fatigued lol.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/10-worst-jobs-in-america-2011-1?op=1#3-lumberjack-32109-8

forestrys usually in every list of top 10 toughest jobs.

glad i dont do that sheit no more lol

Yeah, that is pretty dangerous and hard work...Good your out of it :D

This is easily the worst job in the world.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2014/05/shipbreakers/gwin-text

Velocirap31
12-23-2014, 10:52 AM
I can't decide if this was my worst job or my best. It was right out of university before I got a job in my field. Zip-tying solar panel electrical wires together so raccoons wouldn't chew them apart. It was over the winter, but the breaks were plentiful. We'd work 2 hours, then take a 20 minute bus ride back to the office to sit for 20 minutes again, then a bus ride back. Probably worked 6 hours of a 10 hour day.

It was 7 days a week, but any time after 40 hours was double wage. It paid 27$/hr to start. I paid off my $20,000 student loans in 3 months. Some people get a cushy union job and are set for life.

Get into a union and you'll be treated very well.

*The job was only temporary. They paid what they did because they were desperate and way behind schedule. 27/hr was a 3-year apprentice wage.

NZStreetBaller
12-23-2014, 02:05 PM
I can't decide if this was my worst job or my best. It was right out of university before I got a job in my field. Zip-tying solar panel electrical wires together so raccoons wouldn't chew them apart. It was over the winter, but the breaks were plentiful. We'd work 2 hours, then take a 20 minute bus ride back to the office to sit for 20 minutes again, then a bus ride back. Probably worked 6 hours of a 10 hour day.

It was 7 days a week, but any time after 40 hours was double wage. It paid 27$/hr to start. I paid off my $20,000 student loans in 3 months. Some people get a cushy union job and are set for life.

Get into a union and you'll be treated very well.

*The job was only temporary. They paid what they did because they were desperate and way behind schedule. 27/hr was a 3-year apprentice wage.

Im guessing you live in aus??

Velocirap31
12-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Im guessing you live in aus??

Ontario, Canada

IamRAMBO24
12-23-2014, 11:23 PM
I used to work at a pizza joint delivering pizza. Worst job ever. Sh*t pay, sh*t employees, sh*t customer, sh*t pizza, hell everything is a piece of sh*t, even the bathroom smells better than the restaurant. Anyways, since it's a dead end job, everybody is always fighting and whining like a b*tch. It's like ISH with pizza. My car would always have problems and some days I don't even get enough tip for gas let alone to maintain the car. It was a mess. Using my car for work screwed with my life hardcore since I rely on it to get around and when it breaks down, not am I out of the job, but I can't go anywhere to find another job.