PDA

View Full Version : Got an interview with the CFO tomorrow....

9erempiree
12-22-2014, 02:55 AM
Not looking forward to it. He's been blowing me up for this interview and I am not feeling it. It doesn't feel like it will help my career path because if I am working under him, then the only promotion is his job. Going to be analyzing financial statements and cutting checks to employees.

All this for $17/hr.

I have a feeling that they are hiring for someone to help him out and once everything gets sorted, I will be let go.

Going to ask why someone left or got fired from this position -or- if this is a new permanent position because of expansion. If he doesn't answer these questions then I may disqualify myself as a candidate.

I really should be getting into a firm though.

GimmeThat
12-22-2014, 02:59 AM
might as well tell us you think the company is going under

Budadiiii
12-22-2014, 03:00 AM
You chose the wrong career.

9erempiree
12-22-2014, 03:08 AM
I may throw in a Kobe Bryant reference during the interview tomorrow.

Budadiiii
12-22-2014, 03:16 AM
I wouldn't do that. He probably wouldn't get it. Don't make it more awkward for yourself.

KevinNYC
12-22-2014, 10:12 AM
Not looking forward to it. He's been blowing me up for this interview and I am not feeling it. It doesn't feel like it will help my career path because if I am working under him, then the only promotion is his job. Going to be analyzing financial statements and cutting checks to employees.

All this for $17/hr.

I have a feeling that they are hiring for someone to help him out and once everything gets sorted, I will be let go.

Going to ask why someone left or got fired from this position -or- if this is a new permanent position because of expansion. If he doesn't answer these questions then I may disqualify myself as a candidate.

I have no idea what the situation you are in is, but this analysis seems waaaaaaaay wrong.

There are obviously several times you can be promoted without taking the CFO's job. Getting a promotion does not meet the entire org chart is rewritten. Actually I guess that is not obvious, but you can get promotions and title changes without taking someone's job.

KevinNYC
12-22-2014, 10:14 AM
Where are you with your career and what are you issues with this offer.

I think you need to consult with others about what course to take. I wouldn't rely on your analysis here.

n00bie
12-22-2014, 10:15 AM

All this for $17/hr.

$17 bucks an hour?! Might as well work at McDonalds.

Why can't you find a decent job? Because you've been in jail before?

KevinNYC
12-22-2014, 10:16 AM
Going to ask why someone left or got fired from this position
I would not go negative. The question to ask in a job interview is "what qualities would make someone great in this position."

plowking
12-22-2014, 10:27 AM
I may throw in a Kobe Bryant reference during the interview tomorrow.

People like efficiency in the workplace. I would steer clear of Kobe comments.

DCL
12-22-2014, 10:47 AM
don't go on a job interview and ask honest questions that will probably backfire. that's like going on a date and asking the girl, "so wait, do you have gonorrhea?"

GimmeThat
12-22-2014, 11:43 AM
Be sure your resume takes care of a whole lot

If you encounter someone who doesnt believe in it.

At least it gives you "some" reason to talk

Le Shaqtus
12-22-2014, 12:24 PM
People like efficiency in the workplace. I would steer clear of Kobe comments.

:oldlol:

9erempiree
12-22-2014, 04:43 PM
Just got home from it and it went well but he has to conduct more interviews.

It didn't help that I got 3 hours of sleep.

The company is a 3rd party administration firm. Insurance companies have to hire them to administer and cut checks to the clients' employees.